Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

J C wrote: »
    He created Lucifer as the brightest angel in Heaven ... and gave him free will ...

Despite knowing Lucifer would rebel

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

1173277998-1169755784268953.jpg
    If you believe that ... you really do have a problem!!!

Despite knowing Lucifer would rebel
    God knew that Lucifer would rebel ... but God didn't make Lucifer rebel.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

God may have known that Lucifer would rebel ... but God didn't make Lucifer rebel.

By posting I know that you will reply, does that not mean that I am making you reply?

God may have known that Lucifer would rebel ... but God didn't make Lucifer rebel.

But it's God's fault that Lucifer rebelled. He created Lucifer. God blaming Lucifer is like throwing a priceless Ming vase in the air and blaming gravity when it comes back down and breaks

• Advertisement

... you know that I wouldn't do that ... and I shout loud and long when ye try to prescribe my freedom ...
    ... and while I have been an abuse target for you guys ... myself and God are good friends!!!

As I said before,
    The first thing many abuse victims do is deny any mistreatment and defend their abuser, please try to get past this and seek help J.C.

God allows free will ... and all of the good and the bad that flows from that !!!

See the fifth & sixth signs of an abuser;

5. The abuser blames you for his own abusive behavior.

6. The abuser is always right, he always justifies his actions so he can be “right” by blaming you or others.

By posting I know that you will reply, does that not mean that I am making you reply?
    I can see that you are not called Clever Name for nothing!!!:eek:

... but a more appropriate analogy would be you posting that you loved somebody ... and they then using their free will to reject you!!!

As I said before,
    The first thing many abuse victims do is deny any mistreatment and defend their abuser, please try to get past this and seek help J.C.
    ... so as atheists ye are saying that God is abusing me???
    ... I think that you are the one that needs help!!!!:eek:

I can see that you are not called Clever Name for nothing!!!:eek:

I am called clever_name, have no idea what you are on about here... but thanks for proving the point.

And you replied, I made you do that, shows how easy you are to manipulate, that could be how you ended up in an Abusive Relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭housetypeb

If god is all powerfull etc, how is it that satan though he was in with a chance of overthrowing him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

He created Lucifer as the brightest angel in Heaven ... and gave him free will ... which he abused by declaring himself to be god!!!
    ... and the rest is history!!!

Seems pretty much everyone Yaweh creates with free will rebels against him. What does that tell you about the guy?

... you need to expand your vocabulary!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devolution_(biology)

Once again you demonstrate the inability of creationists to read. The third sentence from the article you linked:
    This view is rejected by modern evolutionary theory, in which adaptation arises from natural selection of forms best suited to the environment, and so can lead to loss of features when these features are costly to maintain.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

From the book ouf our lord, in Revelations:
    1 John haz sum revelashunz. Tehy frum teh Happycat, but wuz furst frum Ceiling Cat, an tehy to show what iz comin. Teh Ceiling Cat sended hiz angel to John to give revelashunz.2 John sez iz all totally troof, zactly what teh Ceiling Cat and Happycat sayed. He no lie. Srsly.

3 Everwun what reedz these wurdz will has cheezburgrz and everwun what heerz theez wurdz will has cheezburgrz. Also, pay attenshuns, cuz iz comin. Habeeb it.

4 John seyz, hay teh sehvuhn churchez over therr in Asia: Oh hai, from teh Ceiling Cat whoz alwayz around, an alwayz haz beens around, an alwayz will bes around, and hai from the sehvuhn kittehs sittin next to his mighteh sofuh.

5 Oh, also, hai frum Happycat, who iz liek totally l33t. Srsly. To Happycat who totally luvz us an died for us an stuff,6 Ur awsum, kthx.

7 Invisibuhl airplane for Happycat! Everwun will see him in teh airplane, even tho iz invisibuhls. Even thoze bad doodz who wuz so mean will seez him, and everwun will be totally bummed. Srsly.

8 Teh Ceiling Cat sez "iz teh lolfa n iz lolmega n i allwayz haz been n allwayz will be also i haz strongness! rawr"

How is my book about god any less than your book about god? Both were written many years after their death, by someone who didn't know them...

the_syco wrote: »

How is my book about god any less than your book about god? Both were written many years after their death, by someone who didn't know them...

Far from being lesser, the Lolcat Version is the best translation there is

I suppose this is an appropriate place to ask:

Is gravity "just" a theory? We have Newton's Law of Gravity, so it can't all be "just" theory... What's the deal?

Anything else that's a scientific theory but everyone accepts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is gravity "just" a theory? We have Newton's Law of Gravity, so it can't all be "just" theory... What's the deal?

Atomic Theory, Germ Theory, Big Bang Theory

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Dave! wrote: »
    And on the other side of the fence, the entirely untested and speculative String Theory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

The Theory of the Conservation of Parity. Oops!

liamw wrote: »
    1279149703799.jpg
    Sounds like a typical Evolutionist 'just-so' story !!!:eek:

• Advertisement

housetypeb wrote: »
    If god is all powerfull etc, how is it that satan thought he was in with a chance of overthrowing him?
    ... because he is a twit!!!

Seems pretty much everyone Yaweh creates with free will rebels against him. What does that tell you about the guy?
    ... all it shows is the ingratitude of some of the Creation to their Creator!!!

Once again you demonstrate the inability of creationists to read. The third sentence from the article you linked:
    ... I am perfectly aware of this ...

... and it shows is that I am open-minded enough to quote alternative sources ... something that you might think about doing yourself some time!!!

... Tehy frum teh Happycat, but wuz furst frum Ceiling Cat, an tehy to show what iz comin. Teh Ceiling Cat sended hiz angel to John to give revelashunz.2 John sez iz all totally troof, zactly what teh Ceiling Cat and Happycat sayed ...

How is my book about god any less than your book about god?
    ... if you don't know the answer to that question, I don't think that anything I might say will convince you!!!

You are very welcome to your 'book about god' ... and it is indeed 'cat'!!!:D
    ... so, I'll 'pass on it' ... and stay with the Holy Bible instead!!!
    1 John haz sum revelashunz. Tehy frum teh Happycat, but wuz furst frum Ceiling Cat, an tehy to show what iz comin. Teh Ceiling Cat sended hiz angel to John to give revelashunz.2 John sez iz all totally troof, zactly what teh Ceiling Cat and Happycat sayed. He no lie. Srsly.

3 Everwun what reedz these wurdz will has cheezburgrz and everwun what heerz theez wurdz will has cheezburgrz. Also, pay attenshuns, cuz iz comin. Habeeb it.
    ... that sounds like something which Darwin would write !!!!

wrote:
    Originally Posted by Dave!

pH
    And on the other side of the fence, the entirely untested and speculative String Theory
    ... and lest we forget ... the scientifically invalid Abiogenesis and Spontaneous Evolution Stories as well!!.

Is that really your opinion of god?

Is that really your opinion of god?
    ... It's my opinion of the defiance of God!!!

The Prince of Lies is a twit?!

The Prince of Lies is a twit?!
    ... what do you think???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

... what do you think???

I think this thread is boring and should be locked