Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

If natural selection were designed by God then it would still be against your beliefs :S
    I meant that all Spell checkers are intelligently designed ... so too are the DNA correction systems as well!!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_repair

Oh i heard that version in the YMCA in Dublin once. It was in a Minor key and a slightly scary looking guy in a mac whipped out a tambourine half way through and gave it loads.
    Friend of yours?
    Not that I know ... was he a friend of yours??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Jc, can you please explain to Dead one that the bible is the one true book on the word of god

Dead one, can you please explain to JC that the Qur'an is the one true book on the word of god.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

J C wrote: »
    Not that I know ... was he a friend of yours??

Nah. Terrible sense of rhythm and little flecks of spit kept flying out of his mouth.
    I was only there cos i was after a Ministers daughter. Got her too... filthy little minx she turned out to be:)
    Long haired Goateed Christian guys with guitars always got the girls.. I miss those days:D:D:D

• Advertisement

housetypeb wrote: »
    Jc, can you please explain to Dead one that the bible is the one true book on the word of god
    I don't need to ... you have just done that !!!!:)
    Dead one, can you please explain to JC that the Qur'an is the one true book on the word of god.
    He doesn't need to ... you've also done that!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Dead one, can you please explain to JC that the Qur'an is the true book on the word of god.

+1
    perhaps when they meet there will be a loud POP noise as they cancel each other out.

Oh. Totally off topic but what does this one -:pac:- mean?

Now i've proved its the qur'an:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

I meant that all Spell checkers are intelligently designed ... so too are the DNA correction systems as well!!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_repair

Of course it's completely absurd to imagine that these systems developed through evolution

Of course it's completely absurd to imagine that these systems developed through evolution
    In a word ... yes!!!:D

• Advertisement

Now i've proved its the qur'an:D:D
    I thought that you were into a different book???
    Love and peace to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Where does the stork fit into all this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

gbee wrote: »
    Where does the stork fit into all this?

He shagged your mum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I suspect you won't see many posts from JC and Dead One at the same time, so you may need to wait about

I'm guessing they will be separated by, oh I don't know, the time it takes to log out of say a Boards.ie account and then log in again with a different account.

Just saying, I mean that was an example I picked completely out of the air just to demonstrate a fixed amount of time that just happens to be the same amount of time as that action I described

... ahem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

Housetype of kindness i can't force JC to believe in Quran, but i have very interesting thing, Which Quran said about Christian and that is true here for JC

In the Qur'an, Christians are often referred to as among the "People of the Book," i.e. people who have received and believed in previous revelation from God's prophets.

"...and nearest among them in love to the believers will you find those who say, 'We are Christians,' because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant" (5:82).

Isn't it true? after 1400 years

dead one wrote: »
    Housetype of kindness i can't force JC to believe in Quran, but i have very interesting thing, Which Quran said about Christian and that is true here for JC

In the Qur'an, Christians are often referred to as among the "People of the Book," i.e. people who have received and believed in previous revelation from God's prophets.

"...and nearest among them in love to the believers will you find those who say, 'We are Christians,' because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant" (5:82).

Isn't it true? after 1400 years
    All very true.:)

Peace and love to you.

Wicknight wrote: »

Can I ask do you work in biological research? I'm curious how you are in a position to say that all these scientists are wasting their time and their companies money, or how the results they have already produced are some sort of collective delusion?

Look my friend there is simple reason, those who deny the existence of God, those who say our creation is a chance, They are still trying and struggling to find chance but it is very true "chance" had no role in creation of universe or anything. They send satellite to find chance of life outside the earth, Infact life on earth is in danger. If all that money is spent on inhabitant of earth, I am sure Africa will rich, where people can't get one time bread.

Now please tell, Why billion and million of $$$$ are spend to find chance of life outside the earth where those billion and million can save lives of trillions.

What an irony of chance you are living my friend. Try to be realist. I am talking about evidence and you are talking about theory of chance.

Wicknight wrote: »
    I suspect you won't see many posts from JC and Dead One at the same time, so you may need to wait about

I'm guessing they will be separated by, oh I don't know, the time it takes to log out of say a Boards.ie account and then log in again with a different account.

Just saying, I mean that was an example I picked completely out of the air just to demonstrate a fixed amount of time that just happens to be the same amount of time as that action I described

... ahem
    Wicknight ... I can assure you that we are different people ... and I don't know dead one personally!!!

... and Robin has already confirmed this
    wrote:
    Originally Posted by robindch
    Good to see christians and islamists doing the ecumenical thing!

+1
    perhaps when they meet there will be a loud POP noise as they cancel each other out.
    Oh. Totally off topic but what does this one -:pac:- mean?
    Just a theory, guesswork like evolution,:p. I don't know when you get rid of guess work / chance

Here is evidence, Please rub your eyes.
    All very true.:)
    Peace and love to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

I don't have time to go back and read the last 20 pages of this thread but
    are there two of them now or is it just JC in two different accounts?

Just as god is the father, the son & the holy ghost now the son has
    become JC & dead one The evolutionary tree of the holiest of the holy is

69385110.jpg

becoming quite strange to say the least...

• Advertisement

Just a theory, guesswork like evolution,:p. I don't know when you get rid of guess work / chance

Here is evidence, Please rub your eyes.
    All very true.:pac:

I don't have time to go back and read the last 20 pages of this thread but
    are there two of them now or is it just JC in two different accounts?

Just as god is the father, the son & the holy ghost now the son has
    become JC & dead one The evolutionary tree of the holiest of the holy is

69385110.jpg

becoming quite strange to say the least...
    ... two persons with one (ultimate) God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I propose a JC vs Jobee thread.

taking all bets! its Krazier vs Krazier, clashin rods in john of gods! ,Debatin' under sedation!

Infact life on earth is in danger. .

We should have been off this God forsaken rock ages ago.

This planet is killing us, we are dying relatively young due to background radiation which is considered 'normal' ~ it's only considered so because we just don't know better right now.

Our planet is unstable and had totally destroyed all life and partially destroyed all life many times over. The emergence of man was ironically due to a series of world wide extinction events which wiped out the dominant species at that time.

These forces are still active today, we can expect the super volcano in Yellow Stone to change the world and throw us back to the Stoneage.

We have vast quantities of absorbed CO2 which is or has reached saturation point in the seabed and is about to be released, plunging us back into the Ice Ages.

We have long distant contact with an unknown body that has entered our near system and may be tracking towards us, its arrival will be chaotic and more destructive than the Moon's arrival.

The Moon itself is moving away from us with acceleration and will cause orbit fluctuations, wobbles and tidal tsunamis on massive scales.

The Sun blasts us with destructive CMEs from time to time, one large one could wipe out all electronic technology leaving us without money or power. A more ferocious event could stripe the planets surface like an orange obliterating all life and leaving the earth a desolate rock, never again to see life for eternity.

If religion had not held us back, we might, just might have figured out just how badly off we are on this rock and done something about it.

We should have been off this God forsaken rock ages ago.

This planet is killing us, we are dying relatively young due to background radiation which is considered 'normal' ~ it's only considered so because we just don't know better right now.

Our planet is unstable and had totally destroyed all life and partially destroyed all life many times over. The emergence of man was ironically due to a series of world wide extinction events which wiped out the dominant species at that time.

These forces are still active today, we can expect the super volcano in Yellow Stone to change the world and throw us back to the Stoneage.

We have vast quantities of absorbed CO2 which is or has reached saturation point in the seabed and is about to be released, plunging us back into the Ice Ages.

We have long distant contact with an unknown body that has entered our near system and may be tracking towards us, its arrival will be chaotic and more destructive than the Moon's arrival.

The Moon itself is moving away from us with acceleration and will cause orbit fluctuations, wobbles and tidal tsunamis on massive scales.

The Sun blasts us with destructive CMEs from time to time, one large one could wipe out all electronic technology leaving us without money or power. A more ferocious event could stripe the planets surface like an orange obliterating all life and leaving the earth a desolate rock, never again to see life for eternity.

If religion had not held us back, we might, just might have figured out just how badly off we are on this rock and done something about it.

wait...what?

are we going back to the stone age or the ice age? because the stone age in ireland was warmer than today and i want to know what to pack

how could teh moon moving away from us cause tsunamis?

whats the unknown body? if its unknown how do we know its coming for us?

how can life have been totally wiped out many times? unless were all zombies.

This is more confusing than the last time i saw a female body builder

wait...what? This is more confusing than the last time i saw a female body builder

I know, I'm expecting to be speaking to the converted so I've synopsised commonly known events. Just highlighting how fragile our planet is, and it's still the same way.

We face horrifying world changing events or even total obliteration. Many of these repeat events are geologically overdue, it depends on which one happens as to which fate we suffer ~ we only die once, but in our absence either in the past or in the future some of these event will happen again and again.

We live on a borrowed planet.

I know, I'm expecting to be speaking to the converted so I've synopsised commonly known events. Just highlighting how fragile our planet is, and it's still the same way.

We face horrifying world changing events or even total obliteration. Many of these repeat events are geologically overdue, it depends on which one happens as to which fate we suffer ~ we only die once, but in our absence either in the past or in the future some of these event will happen again and again.

We live on a borrowed planet.

ah it'll be grand.

the moon moving away wont make any odds. the super volcano thing might happen it might not, either way no point worrying about it. theres always been world changing horrifying events at every point in history. you just hear about them more because of the 24 hour mass media.

even if we do go back to the stone age it wont be too bad. What what i've seen the neolithic looked pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

how could teh moon moving away from us cause tsunamis?

The moon doesn't cause tsunamis at all:

http://wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov/tsunami2.htm

Tsunamis, also called seismic sea waves or, incorrectly, tidal waves, generally are caused by earthquakes, less commonly by submarine landslides, infrequently by submarine volcanic eruptions and very rarely by a large meteorite impact in the ocean.

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    The moon doesn't cause tsunamis at all:.

No it doesn't, nor did I say it does. The Moon is moving away, slowly but accelerating, it's final departure is thought to be sudden and the release of its gravitational hold will cause turmoil in the seas and massive flooding before it settles down again.

• Advertisement

No it doesn't, nor did I say it does. The Moon is moving away, slowly but accelerating, it's final departure is thought to be sudden and the release of its gravitational hold will cause turmoil in the seas and massive flooding before it settles down again.

yeah you did

theres the words there.

I think your imagining the moon tied to the earth with a rubberband and if it snaps all the water will fling around.

it doesnt work like that and neither will there be a sudden departure. and if it did the water would all swish around causing flooding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement