Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

MrPudding wrote: »
    How can someone with no qualifications make a devastaing [sic] observation about something.

Watch as I devastate quantum theory. Quantum theory is like, you know, not right. I think that is a few years time people will realise that it was wrong and people will look back and wonder how anyone could have been so stupid to believe it. Ha. Take that quantum theory and all you losers who have spent year getting qualifications in physics.
    All I will say to that attempt ... is you're no Malcolm Muggeridge!!!!:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

J C wrote: »
    All I will say to that attempt ... is you're no Malcolm Muggeridge!!!!:)
    Something of a compliment, I'd have thought.

strobe wrote: »
    It's more of an inherited role really, Arch-Priests are appointed. An-tē'-khrē-stos is the official title but we prefer to keep things a little more informal than that. You can just call me Strobe. Named after my Dad, it's a more modern version of a nickname he had back in the day.
    ... and does Evolutionism feature in your Luciferianism?

... and has Satan explained to you why he has fallen from God's grace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

... and does Evolutionism feature in your Luciferianism?
    Yes. THEREFORE EVOLUTION IS WRONG

Yes. THEREFORE EVOLUTION IS WRONG
    So are you saying that Satan is telling you to believe in Evolution ... even though it doesn't exist?

... and has Satan admitted that he made a mistake by defying God?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

... and has Satan admitted that he made a mistake by defying God?

Hey now, Satan never burnt a city to the ground, or slaughtered every first-born male child in a country due to the corruption of those in charge.

I know which one I consider to have been in the wrong, Satan made a brave and noble choice in standing up to God.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Hey now, Satan never burnt a city to the ground, or slaughtered every first-born male child in a country due to the corruption of those in charge.

I know which one I consider to have been in the wrong, Satan made a brave and noble choice in standing up to God.
    ... what is brave and nobel about defying your Creator?
    ... and does Satan still think he was right ... even though he was roundly defeated as a result?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

... even though he was roundly defeated as a result?

That makes him something of a martyr

... what is brave and nobel about defying your Creator?
    It takes both to have the courage to call out your own father on his abusive and violent behaviour.
    ... and does Satan still think he was right ... even though he was roundly defeated as a result?
    Being right and winning aren't always the same thing.
    I respect someone who is willing to stand up to a power greater than himself, even when the outcome is almost certainly going to be defeat.
    Much more respectable than someone going along with the leader out of fear of punishment or unwillingness to question the status quo; especially with full knowledge of genocide that the leader was responsible for.

People working under his orders have done these things ... and worse!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

robindch wrote: »
    Do you think his dishonesty is acceptable?

People working under his orders have done these things ... and worse!!!

Very debatable, I don't know of anyone claiming to be under orders from Lucifer who has burnt entire cities or murdered a significant proportion of a nation's children.
    This isn't one of those things you can just pretend is a fact because *hand waving and avoiding the question*, it's a very strong claim, one which could never have happened without strong records.

But, as you don't deny yourself, and as your holy book claims, God himself did those things... and worse!!!
    Even if we did (for no reason) assume that people under orders from Lucifer did these things, it at most puts the two on equal footing (and that only works if you blame Lucifer for things other people did).

It takes both to have the courage to call out your own father on his abusive and violent behaviour.
    ... God loved Lucifer ... but he rebelled and tried to become God ... so his motives were a selfish 'power grab'!!!

Being right and winning aren't always the same thing.
    In Lucifer's case, he was both wrong and he lost.

I respect someone who is willing to stand up to a power greater than himself, even when the outcome is almost certainly going to be defeat.
    Much more respectable than someone going along with the leader out of fear of punishment or unwillingness to question the status quo; especially with full knowledge of genocide that the leader was responsible for.
    It depends on the motive ... when it is only to gain power at all costs I wouldn't respect such a motive.

... God loved Lucifer ... but he rebelled and tried to become God ... so his motives were a selfish 'power grab'!!!

Hypothetically speaking, if Lucifer had somehow defeated God what would the world have ended up like?
    Would we have wars? Famine? Disease?
    Would Lucifer have flooded the world at some point killing over 99% of the world's population?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Hypothetically speaking, if Lucifer had somehow defeated God what would the world have ended up like?
    Would Lucifer have flooded the world at some point killing over 99% of the world's population?
    We have had all of these things because Satan hasn't accepted his defeat !!

... and we would have total hell on earth ... if God didn't keep him restrained!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

We have had all of these things because he hasn't accepted his defeat !!
    Go ahead-blame the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Yeah. Everyone loves a good David and Goliath story. :D

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Not sure Satan would be that evil...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

We have had all of these things because Satan hasn't accepted his defeat !!

... and we would have had total hell on earth ... if he had somehow defeated God.

Your knowledge has no boundaries does it? You should seriously go for a Nobel prize; you have the answers to things that the top scientists in the world can't figure out.

So... the devil invented plate tectonics? The fiend!

• Advertisement

So... the devil invented plate tectonics? The fiend!

No, God did it because he failed to fully defeat the devil, and wanted to take it out on us, or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

No, God did it because he failed to fully defeat the devil, and wanted to take it out on us, or something like that.

This religious stuff is fun, you can just make up stuff and not have to provide any of that evidence nonsense to back it up. J.C I'm starting to see why you choose religion and creationism, it's nice and fluffy and easy on the brain.

Creationism keeps reminding me of Teletubbies for some reason..

kids_tele_po.jpg

housetypeb wrote: »
    Go ahead-blame the victim.
    Satan was a victim of his own folly!!!

MrPudding wrote: »
    Yeah. Everyone loves a good David and Goliath story. :D

MrP
    In Lucifer's case, it was was simply pride!!!

He made a mistake of epic proportions ... and he knows it!!!!

Does he?

Does he?
    The Holy Spirit is telling me Yes

Really?

I mean like seriously?

Colin was speaking about Evolution ... and the question he asked other Evolutionists was about Evolution.

No he wasn't, as he said himself.
    I once met Colin at an international science conference and I found him to be a man of exceptional ability and we are all the very much the poorer for his passing.

Which international science conference? :rolleyes:
    Colin got into a lot of 'hot water' over this comment ...

The only people who got in hot water were the Creationists who secretly recorded his talk without his permission and then proceeded misquoted him.

• Advertisement

thebhoy wrote: »
    If this much tripe can be written in 4 small paragraphs by 1 christian given a few minutes.

JC isn't a Christian, he just pretends to be one for kicks. Like he pretends to go to "international science conferences" :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement