Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

robindch wrote: »
    Gotta say that your English improved one hell of a lot over the last week or so! Congrats!

Ah, oh.

Ha Ho Ha Ho

Well, how you know that! Amazing! than if you know it why you call it steeling, Are you not familiar with wonder of my handwriting.
    Looks like you stole it from Adnan Oktar's website:

http://www.darwinism-watch.com/index.php?git=makale&makale_id=2014

It's not stealing, It's business, Because this steeling is not going to benefit me, or i will not get Nobel prize in evolution. Sorry i forget to mention link ?
    This very thing which i stole is going to benefit whole race of creationist against the evolutionist. I think the other creationist like JC don't think it's steeling, Than why you think? Because it is unanswerable.
    This invitation is a totally non-profit, idealist enterprise. The writer himself does not seek or make any financial gain from the books he has written. Nor those who contribute to the design, publication and the distribution of these books, or the documentary films, audio recordings, graphic designs based on these books seek or make any financial gain. In the same spirit, this web site gives free access to all the books written by Harun Yahya and other materials inspired by his works.
    I'm sure you're aware that plagiarism, the passing off the work of others as your own work -- even the word of former convicts like Mr Oktar -- is, in intellectual terms, theft.

JC's been plagiarized stuff too, so it seems that islamic creationists (what I assume you are; please correct me if not) have the same kind of dismal standards of personal honesty as christian creationists.

Where i said it is my work, I am not going to publish book on this stuff because i am not in curse of greed. The work remains here till the graveyard will plain again
    J C wrote: »
    ... indeed, many Creationists have an 'open source' agreement amongst themselves, because sometimes attribution could cause severe problems for the author because of the hostility that some Evolutionists have towards Creationists.

liamw wrote: »

Creationism keeps reminding me of Teletubbies for some reason..

kids_tele_po.jpg

Evolution Reminds

Q: What did one lab rat say to the other?
    A: "I've got my evolutionist so well trained that every time I push the buzzer, he brings me a snack.

78023-bigthumbnail.jpg

You should also note that he hasn't questioned the substance of your article (which is so devastating for Evolution) ... he merely quibbles over its proper attribution!!
    hmmmmmmm;););););););););)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

dead one wrote: »

It's not steeling,
    Ironing? Bronzing?

bluewolf wrote: »
    Ironing? Bronzing?

It's evolution of steal, in guess work of evolution Steal sometimes become Steel;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Clever wordplay. It's not "steelng", because "steeling" isn't a word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

It's not stealing, It's business

It is stealing if you do not have fair use rights do not attribute it as a quote and do not present a copy right notice. Whether it is "business" or not is irrelevant to this.

It also goes against the spirit of Boards.ie where posters are expected, unless otherwise stated, to express their views rather than using accounts to spam or troll

Galvasean wrote: »
    Clever wordplay. It's not "steelng", because "steeling" isn't a word.

Really not that clever ;)

So now we have both a liar and a thief... Is this the best Creationism has to offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

So now we have both a liar and a thief... Is this the best Creationism has to offer?

It's all it has to offer.

MrP

• Advertisement

it's not lying, Its spelling mistake because English is not my native tongue.
    Well, I tell you what is lie, Honestly why you are telling these lies i tell, Hitler said in "Mein Kampf".
    Hitler wrote:
    if you tell a lie for the purpose of propaganda, tell a big one! Because the bigger the lie is, the more people are apt to believe it, because they can't possibly believe you would dare to tell such a big lie unless it was the truth!
    So the Devil was smart with Evolution. He told the big lie:
    Devil wrote:
    "In the beginning, God didn't create the Heavens and the Earth; it just happened by some kind of a big accident, forces working on the materials, and blah, blah, blah.;) Therefore, man is merely a beast who evolved from lower forms of beasts over millions of years, from one species to another, and life originated itself spontaneously from chemicals!"
    Now think what is greater lie and theft a Spelling Mistake or the doctrine of evolution which you are defending.

Well, I tell you what is lie, Honestly why you are telling these lies i tell, Hitler said in "Mein Kampf".

DING DING DING!!!!

it's not lying, Its spelling mistake because English is not my native tongue.

He was referring to you copying and pasting words from a different website and passing them off as your own and then saying that this was not stealing.

If you are quoting someone else it is prudent to put the passage in quotes and give proper tribute to the person you are quoting.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

It's business
    In the case of both (diploma-mill) "doctor" Ken Ham and ex-convict, Adnan Oktar, yes, selling creationism certainly is a business.

And a profitable one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Wicknight wrote: »
    He was referring to you copying and pasting words from a different website and passing them off as your own and then saying that this was not stealing.

If you are quoting someone else it is prudent to put the passage in quotes and give proper tribute to the person you are quoting.
    ... if he did that ... you would then accuse him of 'quote mining'!!!:eek:
    ... we can't win with you guys!!!

... ye continue to justify the greatest lie ever perpetuated on Humanity ... and ye then quibble over a Creationist Muslim not providing full attribution for a quote from open source Creationist Muslim material ... go 'pull the other one' guys!!!:(

... the only thing worse than a moralising hypocrite ... is a psuedo-liberal moralising hypocrite ... with a huge dollop of judgemental intolerance thrown in !!!!

I say live and let live ... and let he who is without sin ... cast the first stone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

... ye continue to justify the greatest lie ever perpetuated on Humanity ... and ye then quibble over a Creationist Muslim not providing full attribution for a quote from open source Creationist Muslim material ... go 'pull the other one' guys!!!:(

... the only thing worse than a moralising hypocrite ... is a psuedo-liberal moralising hypocrite ... with a huge dollop of judgemental intolerance thrown in !!!!

I say live and let live ... and let he who is without sin ... cast the first stone!!!

But what happens when a hypocrite doesn't like hypocrites and then posts something very hypocritical in the very post he derides hypocrites?

So do you craft these posts to be meta-stupid JC or are they just happy accidents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Criticise people for criticising dead one, then criticise evolutionists then use a quote from the Bible, apparently to criticise people who criticise people...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

... we can't win with you guys!!!!
    About time you admitted that.

now thats an example of quote mining,

bluewolf wrote: »
    Ironing? Bronzing?
    Are you really ironing ... and bronzing simultaneously???

I've heard that women are good at multi-tasking ... but this 'takes the biscuit'!!!:D:)

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    ... we can't win with you guys!!!!

housetypeb
    About time you admitted that.

... what is even more important is that you guys have lost!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

... but you guys have lost!!!:eek:
    Only in the minds of the terminally deluded.

MrP

MrPudding wrote: »
    Only in the minds of the terminally deluded.

MrP
    I wouldn't be so uncharitable towards Evolutionists ... but now that you mention them ... do you really think that their delusion is terminal ... or is it just temporary???:rolleyes::)

... come to think of it, do evolutionists have minds at all ... or do they just have complex random electronic short-circuitry sitting in a 'bath' of equally purposeless biochemistry??!!!:D

I wouldn't be so uncharitable towards Evolutionists ... but now that you mention them ... do you really think that their delusion is terminal???:rolleyes::)

... come to think of it, do evolutionists have minds at all ... or do they just have complex random elecrtonic short-circuitry sitting in a 'bath' of equally purposeless biochemistry??!!!:D

An animal with random electronic short-circuitry for a brain would die pretty quickly (were it even possible for such a thing to develop) and be removed from the gene pool. It's called natural selection...
    Creationist websites are probably not the best place to learn about evolution

An animal with random electronic short-circuitry for a brain would die pretty quickly (were it even possible for such a thing to develop) and be removed from the gene pool. It's called natural selection...
    ... so Natural Selection eliminates the possibility of Materialistic Evolution ever happening ... neat!!!:D:eek:

... game ... set ... and match ... to Creation!!!:)

... so Natural Selection eliminates the possibility of Materialistic Evolution ever happening ... neat!!!:D:eek:

... game ... set ... and match ... to Creation!!!:)

Dare I ask how you reached that conclusion?

Dare I ask how you reached that conclusion?
    All random changes to functional biochemical information are deleterious ... and so are eliminated by NS!!!

NS is a mechanism for maintaining environmental 'fitness' by selecting from the 'best-fitting' pre-existing genetic diversity!!!

NS cannot produce functional genetic information ... and mutagenesis can only destroy it ... so Materialistic Evolution is therefore just a scientifically unfounded myth!!!

All random changes to functional biochemical information are deleterious ... and so are eliminated by NS!!!
    You seem to be confusing "functional" with "perfect". You might be surprised to know that there is such a thing as "more functional" (I'm assuming you're saying that changing something perfect can only make it worse). Secondly, what if circumstances change so that the information isn't functional (or more accurately, less functional)? Wouldn't there be an increased need for change?

You seem to be confusing "functional" with "perfect". You might be surprised to know that there is such a thing as "more functional" (I'm assuming you're saying that changing something perfect can only make it worse). Secondly, what if circumstances change so that the information isn't functional (or more accurately, less functional)? Wouldn't there be an increased need for change?
    Functionality rapidly declines when random changes are made ... because the non-functional combinatorial space is effectively infinite ... while functionality is always confined within very strict and defined limits.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Functionality rapidly declines when random changes are made ...
    Not a fan of newer versions of Windows then?

• Advertisement

Functionality rapidly declines when random changes are made ... because the non-functional combinatorial space is effectively infinite ... while functionality is confined within very strict and defined limits.:)

Unless these random changes are beneficial, in which case functionality (you guessed it) improves. It's the beneficial changes that survive

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement