Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

J C wrote: »

... ye continue to justify the greatest lie ever perpetuated on Humanity ...

No, I'm afraid that the christians probably have that category locked up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

bluewolf wrote: »
    Not a fan of newer versions of Windows then?
    Are you saying that new versions of windows are produced by making random changes to the source code???

... better tell Bill Gates that he can sack all Microsoft programmers ... and just beat the hell out of a PC with a hammer to produce some great new programmes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Unless these random changes are beneficial, in which case functionality (you guessed it) improves. It's the beneficial changes that survive

Don't bother, he can't and doesn't want to get his head around the fact that beneficial mutations happen, and given enough generations, the allele frequency increases in the gene pool.

lalalalala the bible says Adam and Eve lalalalala

Are you saying that new versions of windows are produced by making random changes to the source code???

... better tell Bill Gates that he can sack all of the Microsoft programmers!!!

I work for Microsoft and can confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

... better tell Bill Gates that he can sack all Microsoft programmers ... and just use a hammer on a PC!!!

That's the joke yes JC

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    That's the joke yes JC

You've given me an idea. Randomly modify source code using a fitness function and given enough generations eventually Windows will turn into Linux!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

liamw wrote: »
    You've given me an idea. Randomly modify source code using a fitness function and given enough generations eventually Windows will turn into Linux!

You can take the fitness function out. Randomly modify source code for long enough and you will make Linux out of Windows. It's like the monkey bashing on the keyboard

Edit: Oh I though you were JC. Sorry for patronising :L

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

You can take the fitness function out.
    Compiler == fitness function.

I work for Microsoft and can confirm this.
    At the risk of having to ban myself for taking this thread siriusly, I'd be tempted to disagree -- most of what I looked at of the 200mb of leaked Windows source that was flooting about the internet a few years back was written surprisingly carefully.

And finally, here's a current case from the UK -- a physicist who holds islamic religious beliefs came out and said that evolution could be reconciled with islam.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/scientist-imam-threatened-over-darwinist-views-2232952.html

So the fundamentalists threatened to murder him.

• Advertisement

robindch wrote: »
    At the risk of having to ban myself for taking this thread siriusly, I'd be tempted to disagree -- most of what I looked at of the 200mb of leaked Windows source that was flooting about the internet a few years back was written surprisingly carefully.

The problem is you've taken this thread siriusly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

... what is even more important is that you guys have lost!!!:eek:

Again with the winning. How very unChristian of you, but then you have only ever been pretending to be a Christian :rolleyes:

The problem is you've taken this thread siriusly
    AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

... if he did that ... you would then accuse him of 'quote mining'!!!:eek:
    ... we can't win with you guys!!!
    Nah! Friend we already won when they started attacking on us rather responding our post. Do you not think it is victory of truth against the lies of evolution. Have you ever wonder why they do that. It is old tactic to defend lies.;);););)

You can take the fitness function out. Randomly modify source code for long enough and you will make Linux out of Windows. It's like the monkey bashing on the keyboard
    ... if you believe that you will believe anything!!!
    ... another Evolutionist fairytale!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I wouldn't be so uncharitable towards Evolutionists ... but now that you mention them ... do you really think that their delusion is terminal ... or is it just temporary???:rolleyes::)

... come to think of it, do evolutionists have minds at all ... or do they just have complex random electronic short-circuitry sitting in a 'bath' of equally purposeless biochemistry??!!!:D
    Just to be clear JC. When I talk about terminally deluded I am not talking about evolutionists, I am talking, very specifically, about you. You JC. You are terminally deluded. You mind, such as it is, is deluded, to such an extent, that it could be called terminal.

Just to be clear. I am saying that if you think you have won then you are terminally deluded, and it would appear that you new buddy might also be up there with you in terms of delusion.

It is a shame that you delusion is religion based. I believe that if you had a delusion of the same strength about something else, aliens for example, you would probably get the help you so clearly need.

Please JC. Go and see a medical professional. You need help.

MrP

robindch wrote: »
    And finally, here's a current case from the UK -- a physicist who holds islamic religious beliefs came out and said that evolution could be reconciled with islam.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/scientist-imam-threatened-over-darwinist-views-2232952.html

So the fundamentalists threatened to murder him.
    I condemn threats to life and limb from wherever they come ... as well as the threats to the livelihoods of Creationists from the Evolutionist fundamentalists on this thread !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

dead one wrote: »
    Nah! Friend we already won when they started attacking on us rather responding our post. Do you not think it is victory of truth against the lies of evolution. Have you ever wonder why they do that. It is old tactic to defend lies.;);););)

Weird, you both use a ridiculous amount of unnecessary smilie faces. Odd that.

Was JC feeling a bit lonely on this forum and decided to bring a "friend" along for company?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Nah! Friend

I find it intriguing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

I now declare by the power of the FSM, and the divinity of the teapot, that evolutionists have won this debate and creationists have lost.

sorry JC & dead one, it was close but you can't prove the non existence of them and they appeared to me personally, it was about 7pm yesterday and i was just sitting down to my dinner when i saw them.

Victory to the all powerful evolution, bow down before it or it will smite you with its power... (its power may not be visible unless viewed over a large amount of time)

• Advertisement

Wicknight wrote: »
    Was JC feeling a bit lonely on this forum and decided to bring a "friend" along for company?
    boards.ie's backend fraud systems suggest not.

thebhoy wrote: »
    Victory to the all powerful evolution, bow down before it or it will smite you with its power... (its power may not be visible unless viewed over a large amount of time)
    ... or else viewed through rose tinted glasses!!!:D

Anyone see that movie lately, Dumb And Dumber? Good movie.

Anyone see that movie lately, Dumb And Dumber? Good movie.
    ... is that the one about Mutagenesis and Natural Selection???:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

... is that the one about Mutagenesis and Natural Selection???:)

No it's the one where people act as people with learning difficulties and then we all watch and laugh.

King Mob wrote: »
    No it's the one where people act as people with learning difficulties and then we all watch and laugh.
    ... not another Evolution documentary ... surely???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

... not another Evolution documentary ... surely???

No... but it's jokes were almost as bad as the lame ones you try so hard with.

King Mob wrote: »
    No... but it's jokes were almost as bad as the lame ones you try so hard with.
    LOL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

JC I owe you a proper response to the deceitful one you gave me & I'll give
    it soon, I just want to ask why this thread hasn't been stickied yet?
    Considering the fact it has the most posts on the forum, has the second
    highest view count & really is the finest example of "the hazards of belief"
    (;)) on this forum I think it should be stickied! :D Who agree's/disagree's???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

JC I owe you a proper response to the deceitful one you gave me & I'll give
    it soon, I just want to ask why this thread hasn't been stickied yet?
    Considering the fact it has the most posts on the forum, has the second
    highest view count & really is the finest example of "the hazards of belief"
    (;)) on this forum I think it should be stickied! :D Who agree's/disagree's???

*double apostrophe twitch*

No, I think J C should be ignored until he goes away, and this thread should be let fall into forgottenness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement