Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Or Genesis Chapter 2 Verse 7:

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and
    breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became
    a living soul.

Ah so Eve came from the rib of dust man that appeared around 80,000
    years after she did, it all makes sense now. But since babies come
    from storks, and Eve came before Adam while coming after Adam,
    where did the stork that brought the first appearance of Eve come
    from? Was there a first stork to do this? Did the rib time travel?
    Is Adam the first stork?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

I think we need to get Genesis Chapter 11, Verse 10 in here:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭himnextdoor

Ah so Eve came from the rib of dust man that appeared around 80,000
    years after she did, it all makes sense now. But since babies come
    from storks, and Eve came before Adam while coming after Adam,
    where did the stork that brought the first appearance of Eve come
    from? Was there a first stork to do this? Did the rib time travel?
    Is Adam the first stork?

Yes, Adam was the first stork but it's spelt 'stalk'.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

This thread provides a valuable service to A&A - it allows people an easy view of just how utterly bonkers creationism is. I think that J C should be given some kind of special award for services to Irish atheism (it might compensate him a little for not having that nobel prize that he claims he deserves)

I feel I owe a debt to Creationists as a whole. If they didn't kick up such a fuss about evolution, I wouldn't give a damn about it and I doubt I'd have a clue what it was about. Indeed, I might even reject it as "stupid". So yeah, thanks J C

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    You are making the classical error of confusing a statistical correlation with a real one ... I suppose it is an occupational hazard for an evolutionist !!!
    ... anybody who believes that muck spontaneously produced man will believe anything!!!

koth
    Isn't that creationism?? :P
    Creation was the intelligent design of life ... Materialistic Evolutionism studies the invisible powers of muck ... Creation science explores the visible powers of God!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

J C wrote: »
    Creation science explores the visible powers of God
    Doesn't have much option since it can't study the visible god.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

... Materialistic Evolutionism studies the invisible powers of muck ...

I know you are trying to boost creationism and demean and belittle evoutionary theory by saying this, but do you realise how neanderthal like you sound every time you say it?

Creation was the intelligent design of life ... Materialistic Evolutionism studies the invisible powers of muck ... Creation science explores the visible powers of God!!!:)

Are you saying that since the first moment of creation that existence has conformed to some divine plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Linoge wrote: »
    I know you are trying to boost creationism and demean and belittle evoutionary theory by saying this, but do you realise how neanderthal like you sound every time you say it?

Lay off the neanderthals! :mad:

This thread provides a valuable service to A&A - it allows people an easy view of just how utterly bonkers creationism is. I think that J C should be given some kind of special award for services to Irish atheism (it might compensate him a little for not having that nobel prize that he claims he deserves)
    An Atheist proposing to spend money on a Creationist ... your generosity really is too good to be true ... and probably is!!!:)

... and the best service that I could offer the A & A is to Save you all.:D

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    ... Galvasean you really are a very sensitive guy ... or were these guys relatives of yours????:eek:

Are you saying that since the first moment of creation that existence has conformed to some divine plan?
    A Divine Plan with free will built in ... which can and does thwart it ... temporarily!!!:)

• Moderators Posts: 51,778 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

... Galvasean you really are a very sensitive guy ... or were these guys relatives of yours????:eek:

they were your relatives too;)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

A Divine Plan with free will built in ... which can and does thwart it ... temporarily!!!:)

So it's just any other plan then?

So, this 'plan' is a series of steps each of which can produce unknown outcomes?

So it's just any other plan then?
    Not quite ... it's God's plan for His interaction with Mankind.

So, this 'plan' is a series of steps each of which can produce unknown outcomes?
    The outcomes are known to God ... but they have the capacity to vary, dependent on the exercise of free will by people.

I feel I owe a debt to Creationists as a whole. If they didn't kick up such a fuss about evolution, I wouldn't give a damn about it and I doubt I'd have a clue what it was about. Indeed, I might even reject it as "stupid". So yeah, thanks J C
    The pleasure is all mine!!!

... and BTW, if you do reject Evolution as the specious nonesense that obviously is ... don't just stop there ... but please go on and be Saved as well !!!

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    Creation science explores the visible powers of God!!!

robindch
    Doesn't have much option since it can't study the visible god.
    At least the evidence is visible ... and accessible to science.
    wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    Materialistic Evolutionism studies the invisible powers of muck ...
    The evidence for these supposed powers is invisible ... probably because they don't exist ... and it therefore isn't accessible to science!!!:)

... so how does this unfounded belief (and only this belief) get to be taught as a compulsory subject in public schools throughout America???

... strange days indeed!!

... and here is just a thought from the great C. S. Lewis for those who refuse to be Saved:-

“There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, in the end, "Thy will be done." All that are in Hell, choose it. Without that self-choice there could be no Hell (for Humans).” C. S. Lewis

wrote:
    Originally Posted by Linoge

Galvasean

J C
    Galvasean you really are a very sensitive guy ... or were these guys relatives of yours????:eek:

koth
    they were your relatives too;)
    Very true ... I just thought that the reason why Galvasean was defending the honour of the Neanderthals, was because they were close relatives of his???:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Very true ... I just thought that the reason why Galvasean was defending the honour of the Neanderthals, was because they were close relatives of his???:)

Ooh. Burn.

you meet many people that are hundreds of thousands of years old?

koth wrote: »
    you meet many people that are hundreds of thousands of years old?

The Neanderthals still live ... and walk amongst us!!!
    They are just wonderful, amazing, intelligent Human Beings ... with an (undeserved) image problem!!!

The Neanderthals still live ... and walk amongst us!!!
    They are just wonderful, amazing, intelligent Human Beings!!!

so is that a yes to my question? or are you now sitting on the evolutionary side of the fence?

so is that a yes to my question? or are you now sitting on the evolutionary side of the fence?
    'Neanderthals' are part of the Human Kind AKA Homo sapiens .:)

'Neanderthals' are part of the Human Kind AKA Homo sapiens .:)

Neandertahals were a different species to homo sapiens, and subspecies of Homo sapiens appeared due to inter-breeding between the species.

Plus they died out about 25,000 years ago. So any neanderthals walking around now would be 25,000+ years old.

Neandertahals were a different species to homo sapiens, and subspecies of Homo sapiens appeared due to inter-breeding between the species.

Plus they died out about 25,000 years ago. So any neanderthals walking around now would be 25,000+ years old.
    More of the Evolutionist mumbo jumbo ... and date confusion.

They are all the same species ... and there are 'Neanderthal' types still around today ... and they are just as intelligent and amazing people as everyone else!!!!

More of the Evolutionist mumbo jumbo ... and date confusion.

They are all the same species ... and there are 'Neanderthal' types still around today ... and they are just as intelligent and amazing people as everyone else!!!!

what do you mean about the date confusion?

also, if neanderthals (Homo sapiens neanderthalensis or (Homo neanderthalensis) were the same species as modern humans (homo sapiens), guess what? they'd be called the same thing. ;)

On top of that, you should be able to provide a source to back up your claim that they still walk the earth.

what do you mean about the date confusion?
    Evolutionists are all over the shop when it comes to dating ... they talk in millions/billions ... when it is obviously only thousands of years old!!!:)
    also, if neanderthals (Homo sapiens neanderthalensis or (Homo neanderthalensis) were the same species as modern humans (homo sapiens), guess what? they'd be called the same thing. ;)
    ... paper doesn't refuse ink!!!
    ... Neanderthals interbred with all other Human types ... and they are all descendants of Adam and Eve ... and are therefore are the same species!!!!
    On top of that, you should be able to provide a source to back up your claim that they still walk the earth.
    People with heavy brows and other supposed 'Neanderthal' characteristics live today ... just like people with fair hair and black hair also exist!!!

• Advertisement

The outcomes are known to God ... but they have the capacity to vary, dependent on the exercise of free will by people.

Was the 'fall of man' a known outcome?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement