Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

J C wrote: »
    Evolutionists are all over the shop when it comes to dating ... they talk in millions/billions ... when it is obviously only thousands of years old!!!:)

Meanwhile, the Earth is obviously flat...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Was the 'fall of man' a known outcome?
    It was known to God ... but the alternative ... of creating automatons wasn't acceptable to God ... and I am very grateful that He didn't do so!!!

... paper doesn't refuse ink!!!
    ... Neanderthals interbreed with all other Human types ... and they are all descendants of Adam and Eve ... and are therefore are the same species!!!!

So would you argue that tiger and lion are the same species?

Meanwhile, the Earth is obviously flat...
    ... and muck can spontaneously produce Man !!!:)

... I see where you are coming from!!:D:)

• Moderators Posts: 51,778 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Evolutionists are all over the shop when it comes to dating ... they talk in millions/billions ... when it is obviously only thousands of years old!!!:)
    I said they were 25,000 years old. if you don't want to answer the question, just say so.
    ... paper doesn't refuse ink!!!
    ... Neanderthals interbreed with all other Human types ... and they are all descendants of Adam and Eve ... they therefore are the same species!!!!
    They're part of the same genus, which explains how the two different species could inter-breed successfullly. Plus if they were all descendents of Adam and Eve as your beliefs suggest, they'd be of the same species, not two different species.
    People with heavy brows and other supposed 'Neanderthal' characteristics live today ... just like people with fair hair and black hair also exist!!!

That doesn't explain why there is an absense of neanderthal DNA in modern human DNA.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

So would you argue that tiger and lion are the same species?
    No ... male Ligers and Tiglons are infertile and Tigers and Lions are therefore not the same species ... but they are the one Kind.

No ... male Ligers and Tiglons are infertile and Tigers and Lions are therefore not the same species ... but they are the one Kind.

Oh looky:
    According to Wild Cats of the World (1975) by C. A. W. Guggisberg, ligers and tiglons were long thought to be sterile: In 1943 ,a fifteen-year-old hybrid between a lion and an 'Island' tiger was successfully mated with a lion at the Munich Hellabrunn Zoo. The female cub, though of delicate health, was raised to adulthood.[7]

koth wrote: »
    They're part of the same genus, which explains how the two different species could inter-breed successfullly. Plus if they were all descendents of Adam and Eve as your beliefs suggest, they'd be of the same species, not two different species.

That doesn't explain why there is an absense of neanderthal DNA in modern human DNA.
    They are the one species ... and so-called Neanderthal type DNA is found in Human DNA:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8660940.stm
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1273904/Neanderthal-DNA-reveals-ancestors-DID-interbreed-extinct-species.html

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    Oh looky:

wrote:
    Quote:
    According to Wild Cats of the World (1975) by C. A. W. Guggisberg, ligers and tiglons were long thought to be sterile: In 1943 ,a fifteen-year-old hybrid between a lion and an 'Island' tiger was successfully mated with a lion at the Munich Hellabrunn Zoo. The female cub, though of delicate health, was raised to adulthood.[7]
    ... looky ... looky ... again!!!

Female Ligers and Tiglons have been found to be fertile ... but their offspring are weak!!!
    Male Ligers and Tiglons have been found to be azoospermatic ... and therefore infertile, just like I have already said!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

2 questions...
    1. Are you the real J C?
    2. If you are, do you not have better things to be at than posting on boards about how great your daddy is. Maybe you could address why wiping out 10,000+ of his beautiful creations was part of his big plan?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭himnextdoor

It was known to God ... but the alternative ... of creating automatons wasn't acceptable to God ... and I am very grateful that He didn't do so!!!

Doesn't that exhonorate Adam from his misdemeanour?

And when the choice is 'worship me or be destroyed' then the ones who worship are, in effect, automatons. Aren't they?

well according to the BBC link you posted, I hope you're you sitting down, neanderthals have died out.

So, you've essentially posted a link that says you're wrong about neanderthals still existing today.

well according to the BBC link you posted, I hope you're you sitting down, neanderthals have died out.

So, you've essentially posted a link that says you're wrong about neanderthals still existing today.
    They didn't 'die out' no more than any other ancestral Human ... they passed on their genes ... and these genes became diluted within the general Human population!!!
    wrote:
    "They are not totally extinct. In some of us they live on, a little bit," said Professor Svante Paabo, from the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany
    This quote from the BBC article shows that Neanderthals haven't died out ... just like the DNA of all other ancestral types hasn't died out.

Doesn't that exhonorate Adam from his misdemeanour?

And when the choice is 'worship me or be destroyed' then the ones who worship are, in effect, automatons. Aren't they?
    We have the free will to go and get Saved ... or not ...
    ... to engage in evil ... or not ...

... so Adam (and his descendants) bear full responsibility for their sin ...

... and we all have the remedy ... of Salvation ... or not!!!

... and the choice is up to every person.

They didn't 'die out' no more than any other ancestral Human ... they passed on their genes ... and these genes became diluted within the general Human population!!!

read the link you posted. top of the page, it says they did die out.

our common ancestor branched into two species, us and neanderthals. some cross breeding occurred and some of their traits were absorbed into our gene pool.

if the didn't die out, we'd have 2 species wandering around the Earth.

read the link you posted. top of the page, it says they did die out.

our common ancestor branched into two species, us and neanderthals. some cross breeding occurred and some of their traits were absorbed into our gene pool.

if the didn't die out, we'd have 2 species wandering around the Earth.
    Which part of 'they were one (interbreeding) species' are you in denial of???

... and this is what the opening two sentences says:-
    wrote:
    "Many people alive today possess some Neanderthal ancestry, according to a landmark scientific study.

The finding has surprised many experts, as previous genetic evidence suggested the Neanderthals made little or no contribution to our inheritance."

... I don't think you can get it spelled out any plainer than that!!!

Which part of 'they were one (interbreeding) species' are you in denial of???
    i said they interbred before you posted the link, i just disagree that they are the same species.
    ... and this is what the opening two sentences says:-

... I don't think you can get it spelled out any plainer than that!!!

I never said that we didn't have neanderthal ancestry, just that neanderthals don't exist anymore.

I quite likely have African ancestry, doesn't mean I'm black though.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

i just want to say i love the way that JC always uses the word "Denial".

Alarm bells go off in my head that he know's he's been owned and won't accept it when he get's it out!

'tis Highlarious!:D

i said they interbred before you posted the link, i just disagree that they are the same species.
    ... the classic definition of a species is the ability to interbreed ... and produce healthy fertile offspring!!!!

I never said that we didn't have neanderthal ancestry, just that neanderthals don't exist anymore.

I quite likely have African ancestry, doesn't mean I'm black though.
    ... but you are the same species as all other Humans!!!

Doc_Savage wrote: »
    i just want to say i love the way that JC always uses the word "Denial".

Alarm bells go off in my head that he know's he's been owned and won't accept it when he get's it out!
    Denial is the modus operandi for many Evolutionists.
    I know ... I used to be an Evolutionist and I was always in denial of the obvious ... that there is no known spontaneous system for the generation of CFSI ... and we cannot even imagine how it might occur.

• Advertisement

... the classic definition of a species is the ability to interbreed ... and produce healthy fertile offspring!!!!
    strange that is possible for two species of the same genus to do that also

... but you are the same species as all other Humans!!!
    never said otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭himnextdoor

We have the free will to go and get Saved ... or not ...
    ... to engage in evil ... or not ...

... so Adam (and his descendants) bear full responsibility for their sin ...

... and we all have the remedy ... of Salvation ... or not!!!

... and the choice is up to every person.

So, just to clarify, God made Adam, designed him and put him together, yes?

Now either Adam didn't work as God intended him to or Adam did work as God intended him to.

If Adam worked as he was designed to work then how can you blame him for what happened? Isn't that like blaming a gun for murder?

If Adam didn't work as God expected him to then surely that must be classified as a design fault and again, how can you blame Adam? Isn't that like, a bad workman blames His tools?

I think it is important to deal with these things before we get to Intelligent Design.

So, just to clarify, God made Adam, designed him and put him together, yes?

Now either Adam didn't work as God intended him to or Adam did work as God intended him to.

If Adam worked as he was designed to work then how can you blame him for what happened? Isn't that like blaming a gun for murder?

If Adam didn't work as God expected him to then surely that must be classified as a design fault and again, how can you blame Adam? Isn't that like, a bad workman blames His tools?

I think it is important to deal with these things before we get to Intelligent Design.
    Adam didn't behave like God asked him to ... so the blame rests fairly and squarely with Adam.

Adam was a free intelligent agent himself ... so the analogy with a gun isn't relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭Nollog

Funny how all the posts on the first page are atheists calling the author stupid. As expected of atheists.

Evolution is still just a theory.
    True it's more likely than creationism, but it's still just a theory right now.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Funny how all the posts on the first page are atheists calling the author stupid. As expected of atheists.

Basic as it is, this is also "just" a theory

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

No, it's a fact. The theory of evolution by natural selection explains how it works, in the same way that the theory of music explains how music works.

Basic as it is, this is also "just" a theory
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_as_theory_and_fact
    Wikipedia. The Most Reliable Source For Everything.
    No, it's a fact. The theory of evolution by natural selection explains how it works, in the same way that the theory of music explains how music works.
    If you're saying evolution is a fact then it's fact that since I'm wearing jeans and a hoodie, and no tigers are attacking me at the moment that wearing jeans and a hoodie stops tigers from attacking people.

Side note on this forum: Why is every single thread about how other religions are stupid and wrong?
    Can you not talk about how God doesn't exist and science is infallible?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

If you're saying evolution is a fact then it's fact that since I'm wearing jeans and a hoodie, and no tigers are attacking me at the moment that wearing jeans and a hoodie stops tigers from attacking people.

No it isn't. What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭aridion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_as_theory_and_fact
    Wikipedia. The Most Reliable Source For Everything.

Side note on this forum: Why is every single thread about how other religions are stupid and wrong?
    Can you not talk about how God doesn't exist and science is infallible?

Evolution has been proven through scientific method. Not one single thing in the bible has been proven by any method.

• Advertisement

I didn't say the bible was truth, did I?
    Also, some things in the bible have been correlated to actual events like volcanic eruptions etc.
    No it isn't. What are you talking about
    Specious reasoning.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evolution%20Hoax/4000.htm
    lol, some people...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement