Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

J C wrote: »
    Good to see somebody using their God-given brain to think.:)

Now it's your turn, to follow Strobe ... Robin ... and start thinking about the really important things in life ... like your relationship with your Creator!!!:D
    At this point there are only three possibilities for you JC, given the apparent levels of delusion your display.

1. You are an uber troll.
    2. You are mentally retarded, or perhaps suffer from a brain injury.
    3. You are otherwise mentally ill.
    I hope it is option one, but I fear it isn't. Please JC, seek medical attention. Even the simple fact that you think you "defeated" 100 evolutionists show that you perception of reality is so far off the mark that there must be something wrong with your cognitive function.

It is a shame that your delusion is based on religion as, unfortunately, society seems to ignore the symptoms of mental illness when they are manifested in religious belief, even when that religious belief is one that is bordering on retarded.

Please JC, for your own sake, seek medical attention.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

MrPudding wrote: »
    At this point there are only three possibilities for you JC, given the apparent levels of delusion your display.

1. You are an uber troll.
    2. You are mentally retarded, or perhaps suffer from a brain injury.
    3. You are otherwise mentally ill.
    I hope it is option one, but I fear it isn't. Please JC, seek medical attention. Even the simple fact that you think you "defeated" 100 evolutionists show that you perception of reality is so far off the mark that there must be something wrong with your cognitive function.

It is a shame that your delusion is based on religion as, unfortunately, society seems to ignore the symptoms of mental illness when they are manifested in religious belief, even when that religious belief is one that is bordering on retarded.

Please JC, for your own sake, seek medical attention.

MrP

I think it is option one. The post linked by AhSureTisGrand above reeks of accidental posting in the wrong account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

I think it is option one. The post linked by AhSureTisGrand above reeks of accidental posting in the wrong account.
    What? :L

Actually yes it was all me. I am J C *bows*

I got you good

Mods you can lock this thread forever now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

The moment he started on about putting a cell in a tube and poking a hole in it, I closed the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Haha totally! tongue.gif
    What? :L

Actually yes it was all me. I am J C *bows*

I got you good

Mods you can lock this thread forever now

Stung!!!

(Pretty sure he's talking about JC's "If the capacity is increased by the mast this should increase speeds" comment)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Haha totally! tongue.gif

Stung!!!

(Pretty sure he's talking about JC's "If the capacity is increased by the mast this should increase speeds" comment)

Oh... I get it now

and I, step by step and point by point, showed them just how wrong and illogical they were.

lolwut?
    It got so bad that even the Theistic Evolutionists couldn't take it any more ... and banned me from posting for a period of time, as they tried to regain their composure ... in a vain attempt to convince themselves that the Atheists are right about the Evolution of life!!!:eek:

You were banned by theists for defending religion? :pac:

tumblr_lhd1vt4Sip1qdz5wc.gif

logic of my arguments

Looks familiar alright...

math-logic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

lolwut?

You were banned by theists for defending religion? :pac:
    I was banned on the Christianity Forum ... for defending orthodox Christianity!!!:eek:

... I'm probably lucky ... to live now ...
    ... years ago I could have been 'burned at the stake' ...
    ... or placed under permanent house arrest, like what happened Galileo!!!
    ... for not accepting the current 'scientific' orthodoxy.

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I was banned on the Christianity Forum ... for defending orthodox Christianity!!!:eek:

... I'm probably lucky ...

those christians are really intolerant folk :p

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

Looks familiar alright...

math-logic.jpg
    Let me guess ... is the reason that it is familiar to you, because it looks like the mathematical logic 'underpinning' Evolution??!!!:)

koth wrote: »
    those christians are really intolerant folk :p
    I wouldn't say that ... the Christians over on the Christianity Forum are very nice people. I don't agree with everything every one of them says ... and I guess the feeling is mutual on their part.

The Saved Christians (within all churches) aren't intolerant ... because they are eternally grateful for being Saved despite their own sins!!!

For example, I love everybody ... no matter how sinful ... and so does Jesus Christ!!!

... even the worst sinner can have hope thanks to what happened to Saint Paul ...

1 Timothy 1:14-16 (New International Version)
    14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

The reason it is familiar to you is because it loos like the mathematical logic 'underpinning' Evolution!!!:)

Oh man... I quoted you saying:
    logic of my arguments

then I said your logic looks familiar to the proof that 2 = 1, your logic.
    Now you have just told us that your logic "loos like the mathematical
    logic 'underpinning' Evolution!!!smile.gif
    " :pac: Way to trip yourself up there
    hombre...

To tell me that the reason your logic looks familiar to me is because it
    "loos like the mathematical logic 'underpinning' Evolution!!!smile.gif" is to
    tell me you admit your logic is like 2 = 1 because you obviously meant
    it as an insult, I mean you can't get any stupider that than (unless you're
    trolling) if you think that's some kind of a comeback.

Oh man... I quoted you saying:

then I said your logic looks familiar to the proof that 2 = 1, your logic.
    Now you have just told us that your logic "loos like the mathematical
    logic 'underpinning' Evolution!!!smile.gif
    " :pac: Way to trip yourself up there
    hombre...

To tell me that the reason your logic looks familiar to me is because it
    "loos like the mathematical logic 'underpinning' Evolution!!!smile.gif" is to
    tell me you admit your logic is like 2 = 1 because you obviously meant
    it as an insult, I mean you can't get any stupider that than (unless you're
    trolling) if you think that's some kind of a comeback.
    I could understand what you were saying up to the words 'oh man... I quoted you saying:'
    ... after that I'm sorry ... but you lost me ... and probably the rest of the known world!!!:):D

... sounds like you have just been hoist with your own petard!!!:)

The moment he started on about putting a cell in a tube and poking a hole in it, I closed the video.
    Yes, that was a particularly devastating point against evolution allright!!:)

I could understand what you were saying up to the words 'oh man... I quoted you saying:'
    ... after that I'm sorry ... but you lost me ... and probably the rest of the known world!!!:):D

... sounds like you have just been hoist with your own petard!!!:)

If you don't understand the level of stupid you've just exemplified then
    I'm sure you'd think a petard just hoisted me, ignorance is bliss alright.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

... I'm probably lucky ... to live now ...
    ... for not accepting the current 'scientific' orthodoxy.
    There's a local footnote to that. The christian prelate who wrote the report which formally found Galileo guilty of heresy was the then then-archbishop of Armagh, one Peter Lombard:

http://my.pclink.com/~allchin/1814/retrial/1616docs.htm

robindch wrote: »
    There's a local footnote to that. The christian prelate who wrote the report which formally found Galileo guilty of heresy was the then then-archbishop of Armagh, one Peter Lombard:

http://my.pclink.com/~allchin/1814/retrial/1616docs.htm
    Very interesting.

Perhaps the most important lesson from this sorry affair, is that Churches should be very careful about endorsing controversial scientific orthodoxy as an article of faith!!!

If you don't understand the level of stupid you've just exemplified then
    I'm sure you'd think a petard just hoisted me, ignorance is bliss alright.
    ... you did hoist yourself on your own petard when you linked to that cartoon of two people discussing a mathematical 'circular argument' that looks like something that models Materialistic Evolution!!!

I feel your pain ... but only you can decide to be Saved.:)

Love and peace to you all.

That it would be, except it isn't.

• Advertisement

That it would be, except it isn't.
    Dream on!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭himnextdoor

You could put some crockery in a bag and smash it to pieces with a hammer and you would not be able to perfectly reassemble the original crockery despite having all the constituent parts at your disposal.

But we can manufacture perfectly formed crockery that can then be smashed.:rolleyes::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

evolution-monkeys.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

liamw wrote: »
    evolution-monkeys.jpeg

Never a miscommunication!

Dream on!!:D
    No-U.jpg

You could put some crockery in a bag and smash it to pieces with a hammer and you would not be able to perfectly reassemble the original crockery despite having all the constituent parts at your disposal.

But we can manufacture perfectly formed crockery that can then be smashed.:rolleyes::)
    ... but the devastating point (against materialistic evolution) is that you can only manufacture the crockery by the appliance of intelligence!!!

... ditto with life!!:)

... and in the vein of 'out of the mouth of babes' ... I came across this particularly astute exchange between a child and an Atheist ... enjoy!!!:eek:

Teacher: Can you see God? Class: No.
    Teacher: Can you touch God? Class: No.
    Teacher: So there isn't a God then!!!

Child: Sir, can you see your brain? Teacher: No.
    Child: Can you touch your brain? Teacher: No.
    Child: So you have no brain then?
    :D

... but the devastating point (against materialistic evolution) is that you can only manufacture the crockery by the appliance of intelligence!!!

... ditto with life!!:)

... and in the vein of 'out of the mouth of babes' ... I came across this particularly astute and devastating exchange between a child and an Atheist ... (where the child won the argument)!!!:eek:

Teacher: Can you see God? Class: No.
    Teacher: Can you touch God? Class: No.
    Teacher: So there isn't a God then!!!

Child: Sir, can you see your brain? Teacher: No.
    Child: Can you touch your brain? Teacher: No.
    Child: So you have no brain then?
    :D

Give me a hammer and I'll show you the teacher's brain.

... and in the vein of 'out of the mouth of babes' ... I came across this particularly astute and devastating exchange between a child and an Atheist ... (where the child won the argument)!!!:eek:

exposestraw.jpg

Give me a hammer and I'll show you the teacher's brain.
    The point is that many things, like God (and brains) can be known to exist by their effects. :)

... and even a 5-year old knows this!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

103067d1277674662-everyone-hated-my-22s-new-wheels-die-thread-die-.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement