Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Ahhhhhhhhh. How cute.:o:o:o:o:P. JC has found a Buzz Light year to his Woody. Its such a shame that he seems to be regarded by most as a crank at the very least and as a nut job by the less forgiving.:D:o:eek::eek::P:);):

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Malty_T wrote: »
    While I have stringent doubts about JC's claim that he is a scientist, all I have to do is remind myself of this guy to see that it is actually plausible.
    ... a man after my own heart ... scientifically ... but not personally!!!!

WHAT more do you want ... the man is a Nobel Laureate!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

J C wrote: »
    ... stop nit picking and 'sweating the small stuff' ... this must be the Atheists equivalent of arguing how many angels could dance on the end of a pin ... or some other such irrelevancy!!!!

Can't let the small things go...we'd end up with all kinds of nonsense if we did...perhaps you should concentrate on the small?
    !!!:rolleyes::):D;)

There is an enormous evidentially challenged evolutionist 'elephant in the room' ... and the best you can come up with is to cite a typo on my part ... the non-inclusion of the letter 'a' in one sentence!!!!:eek:

Usually wouldn't look that closely I must admit but the alterntative was baffling so I knew there had to be a caveat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Dougla2

just because evolution cant explain insulin a flying magic wizard made everything?

mikhail wrote: »
    "Treats" is a bit of a strange choice of word. Diabetes is essentially the inability to produce the stuff yourself. That's why diabetics inject it.

I'm confused by what I've seen of Meyers excrement reproduced here. Our bodies make insulin from other stuff. It's not like we first licked it up off the ground after it spontaneously appeared among pond scum. Which brings me neatly back to Meyers...

Yeah should have at least said treatment.
    I can see your confusion as momentarily you were wondering which restaurant insulin was taking diabetes to...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

... a man after my own heart ... scientifically ... but not personally!!!!

WHAT more do you want ... the man is a Nobel Laureate!!!!

Sorry JC, but I am one of those people who doesn't subscribe to the idea that having a higher pay grade, Ph D, Nobel Prize, adds merit to the value of that person's personal opinions. Their opinions gain merit by demonstrating the logic and evidence behind them, not by invoking their authority on the subject. He could have cured cancer for all I care, it still doesn't lend his opinions extra credence in my view.

stevejazzx wrote: »
    Can't let the small things go...we'd end up with all kinds of nonsense if we did...perhaps you should concentrate on the small?
    !!!:rolleyes::):D;)
    ... so you basically sweat the small stuff ... but you seem to be unable to see the (invalid) Evolutionist 'wood' ... from the (valid) NS 'tree'!!!!

... so you're a nit picking control freak ... who cannot see the (invalid) Evolutionist 'wood' ... from the (valid) NS 'tree'!!!!

Are you speaking as 'scientist myself' again?:P

Ahhhhhhhhh. How cute.:o:o:o:o:P. JC has found a Buzz Light year to his Woody. Its such a shame that he seems to be regarded by most as a crank at the very least and as a nut job by the less forgiving.:D:o:eek::eek::P:);):
    To quote Kevin again "Evolutionism is now basically just another belief system, but one that depends on a great deal of science; and where science doesn't supply the answers, it launches itself into a mass of abstractions and elaborate essays in Yetology, as in: "Science has not YET explained the emergence of the first peptides, however . . ." The "yet" is evidence of the dogmatic belief in the power of the future tense, in which science, like the US Seventh Cavalry, will always come to the rescue; and the "however" is the gateway to theorising of the kind that in a different belief system is used to offer "plausible" explanations for the utterly implausible dogmas, such as those of the Blessed Trinity or Papal Infallibility."

... so where did you study for your degree in Yetology?

To quote Kevin again "Evolutionism is now basically just another belief system, but one that depends on a great deal of science; and where science doesn't supply the answers, it launches itself into a mass of abstractions and elaborate essays in Yetology, as in: "Science has not YET explained the emergence of the first peptides, however . . ." The "yet" is evidence of the dogmatic belief in the power of the future tense, in which science, like the US Seventh Cavalry, will always come to the rescue; and the "however" is the gateway to theorising of the kind that in a different belief system is used to offer "plausible" explanations for the utterly implausible dogmas, such as those of the Blessed Trinity or Papal Infallibility."

get out of my internet

• Advertisement

Dougla2 wrote: »
    get out of my internet

He will get himself banned eventually. It happened in "Christianity". The moment he figures out who the females are he gets a bit racey and sweaty in his posts.

Sorry JC, but I am one of those people who doesn't subscribe to the idea that having a higher pay grade, Ph D, Nobel Prize, adds merit to the value of that person's personal opinions. Their opinions gain merit by demonstrating the logic and evidence behind them, not by invoking their authority on the subject. He could have cured cancer for all I care, it still doesn't lend his opinions extra credence in my view.
    Fair enough ... I'm a little like that myself ... having a Noble Prize doesn't validate everything that somebody says ... but I wouldn't write-off everything they say without seriously evaluating it either.

get out of my internet
    Jesus Christ loves you.

I'm off ... love and peace to you all

Jesus Christ loves you.

does he also love double posts ?

too bad he doesn't exist

Explanation

"Evolutionism is now basically just another belief system (it being a higly regarded scientific thoery) but one that depends on a great deal of science (goes without saying); and where science doesn't supply the answers, it launches itself into a mass of abstractions (stuff I don't understand) and elaborate essays in Yetology (my buzz word for saying nah na na na na na), as in: "Science has not YET explained the emergence of the first peptides (and many other things besides, what d oyou mean what's my point?) however . . ." The "yet" is evidence (no its not) of the dogmatic belief in the power of the future tense (the yet , in which science, like the US Seventh Cavalry, will always come to the rescue (what do you mean where do i go if I'm sick?); and the "however" is the gateway to theorising (yes I don't undersdtand what the word 'theory' means in a scientific context) of the kind that in a different belief system is used to offer "plausible" explanations for the utterly implausible dogmas, such as those of the Blessed Trinity or Papal Infallibility." (you see what I did there, I mixed in religion to emm.. to show you know that like science is like religion becasue you know the things that we...emm...stuff we don't know and we say we do..it's like a belief you know???)

Myers is a turd talking troglodyte of the tallest order.

The moment he figures out who the females are he gets a bit racey and sweaty in his posts.
    What are you talking about?

Believe on the lord Jesus Christ...

Lets say I manage to get on this Jesus cahracter...what is it you want me to believe in?

What are you talking about?
    or to use your debating tactic. What are you talking about?
    You have 3 types of debate:
    (1) I know i am but what are you.
    (2) You would say that cos your in league with THEM!!!!
    (3) (when all else fails) Lalalalalalalalala na na nan a naHH

Myers is a turd talking troglodyte of the tallest order.
    ... last time I heard him speak he had a rather clipped D4 accent ... and he is always highly articulate.

Sometimes I agree with him ... and often I totally disagree ... but he is always worth listening to!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

(3) (when all else fails) Lalalalalalalalala na na nan a naHH

Hey Jude.:)

• Advertisement

Lets say I manage to get on this Jesus cahracter...what is it you want me to believe in?
    That He can Save you.

Hey Jude.:)
    ... you hum it ... and I'll sing it.!!:)

That He can Save you.

Unless youre gay. he has a thing about that.

That He can Save you.

yes as well know that out of the hundreds of religions Christianity is right because you were raised one and believing in Jesus will make you live forever after you die

jc wrote:
    Believe on the lord Jesus chirst

That He can Save you.

So it is necessary to actually mount him in advance then?

too bad he (Jesus) doesn't exist
    He does ... and He loves you ... and wants to Save you.

He does ... and He loves you ... and wants to Save you.

give me evidence and i will give him my (non-existent) soul, any atheism is a unforgivable sin he wont save anyone who has ever had a doubt

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

He does
    Jesus is dead, dude.

Get over it.

Unless youre gay. he has a thing about that.
    He loves everyone and died to Save everyone (including Gays ... and Atheists).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

I deny the holy spirit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement