Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

robindch wrote: »
    Jesus is dead, dude.

Get over it.

He's a zombie Robin...eveyone knows that!

Believe in the zombie...he can save you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That's what you think.

respawn-lol-jesus.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Dougla2

J C wrote: »
    He loves everyone and died to Save everyone (including Gays).
    no your supposed to kill them you misunderstand your own sacred text? atheism is an unforgivable sin read my post unforgivable , UNFORGIVABLE, UNFORGIVABLE SIN

I deny the holy spirit.

[John Cleese accent]
    RIGHT.....there's always one isn't there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Dougla2 wrote: »
    give me evidence and i will give him my (non-existent) soul, any atheism is a unforgivable sin he wont save anyone who has ever had a doubt
    ... He died to Save Sinners (and I include myself in this category) ... and there is no sin too great for Him to forgive.

• Advertisement

no your supposed to kill them you misunderstand your own sacred text? atheism is an unforgivable sin read my post unforgivable , UNFORGIVABLE, UNFORGIVABLE SIN
    ... He died to Save Sinners (and I include myself in this category) ... and there is no sin too great for Him to forgive.

see above

... He died to Save Sinners ... and there is no* sin too great for Him to forgive.

*terms and conditions apply

Jesus is dead, dude.

Get over it.
    Hi Robin ... long time no see.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

Except, according to ...
    * Mark 3:28-30: "Truly I tell you, people will be forgiven all their sins and all the blasphemies they utter. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin. He said this because they [the Pharisees] were saying, ‘He has an evil spirit’."

* Matthew 12:30-32: "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, people will be forgiven every sin and blasphemy. But the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

* Luke 12:8-10: "I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God. But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God. And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

* Hebrews 6:4-8: "It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God. But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned. Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are convinced of better things in your case — the things that have to do with salvation."

* Hebrews 10:26-29: "For we—sinning wilfully after receiving the full knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and fiery zeal about to consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think those deserve to be punished who have trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has considered as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who have insulted the Spirit of grace?"

... the sin of denying the holy spirit.

I deny the holy spirit. I deny it for peanuts. It can rub itself off nonexistently for all i care.

Now go away.

see above
    If Atheism was an unforgivable sin ... nobody would Saved!!!

• Advertisement

More plotholes?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

there is no sin too great for Him to forgive.
    Unless you "deny the holy spirit".

Atheists and Agnostics - since 2006, we've been helping christians know what god wants them to believe!

stevejazzx wrote: »
    *terms and conditions apply
    ... no terms or conditions ... the total cost of God's love ... is no charge!!!.

nobody is getting saved anyway there is nothing to be saved from

Except, according to ...

I deny the holy spirit. I deny it for peanuts. It can rub itself off nonexistently for all i care.

Now go away.
    Your eternal destiny is in the balance ... but let me tell you that you haven't committed an unforgivable sin.

I deny the holy spirit.
    see above
    Except, according to ...

Now go away.
    Unless you "deny the holy spirit".

Atheists and Agnostics - since 2006, we've been helping christians know what god wants them to believe!
    ... no terms or conditions ... the total cost of God's love ... is no charge!!!.

Emmmm....?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

If Atheism was an unforgivable sin ... nobody would be Saved!!!
    Nobody worthwhile, anyway. ;)

Your eternal destiny is in the balance ... but let me tell you that you haven't committed an unforgivable sin.
    what eternal destiny? after you die your personality is gone your brain dissolves over time you got no conciousness

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Dades wrote: »
    If Atheism was an unforgivable sin ... nobody would be Saved!!!
    Dades -- I'll see you in hell :)

First beer's on me in the only place in the universe free of True Christians(tm)!

nobody is getting saved anyway there is nothing to be saved from
    Oh yes there is.

• Advertisement

Dades -- I'll see you in hell :)

First beer's on me in the only place in the universe free of True Christians(tm)!
    Unfortunately there is no beer in Hell ... but the 'best lager in the Universe' will be freely flowing on tap in Heaven!!!!

Oh yes there is.

Oh no there isn't....

Oh yes there is.
    what mythical hell dimensions , grow the **** up do you also believe in the easter bunny?

Dades wrote: »
    Everybody is a much loved child of God.

Everybody is a much loved child of God.
    apart from atheists,agnostics,pagans,Buddhists,Satanists,Hindus,Muslims,gays,
    transgender ,lesbians etc.....

what mythical hell dimensions
    Unfortunately Hell exists ... but the good news is that Heaven also exists.

Unfortunately Hell exists ... but the good news is that Heaven also exists.
    Evidence?

listen up guys jc has evidence for hell and heaven

apart from atheists,agnostics,pagans,Buddhists,Satanists,Hindus,Muslims,gays,
    transgender ,lesbians etc.....
    I said everybody ... including all of the aforementioned ... and the Evolutionists as well !!!!:)

I said everybody ... including all of the aforementioned ... and the Evolutionists as well !!!!:)
    do you have ****ing dial-up or something look at the newer posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

'Queen Victoria's question' still hasn't been answered by any of these papers ... HOW did the specific sequences arrange themselves spontaneously ... when we find that insulin is tightly specified (or in Evolutionist Speak 'highly conserved during Vertebrate evolution')!!!

Stop ponsing about ... and answer the question ... you might even win €10 Grand!!!
    ... or lose your faith in Evolution!!!

Do you understand the concept of thermodynamics? I'm sure if you think
    about the oft-quoted phrase "the second law of thermodynamics" you'll
    remember it. That phrase can be taken apart and all of the seperate
    words have meaning despite the overall meaning of the phrase as used to
    advance creationism. Well the word thermodynamics is important:

That video illustrates a means by which molecules self assemble.
    If there is one video you should actually watch it is this one.

Remember, this is extremely important, and relates to what you said later:
    To quote Kevin again ..."Science has not YET explained the emergence of the first peptides, however . . ."

The video shows a method by which polymers form.
    (Remember, a peptide is the bond that links polymers!)

In case your basic bio/chem isn't up to scratch the video illustrates how
    monomers form and monomers are the building blocks of polymers.
    link
    Wikipedia wrote:
    "Insulin is a peptide hormone composed of 51 amino acids" link

Insulin is simply a specific stable arrangement of amino acids which,
    as you've guessed, are made up of monomers and polymers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement