Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Sarky wrote: »
    I have answered your questions.

You just don't like the answers because they establish your bible as a pack of falsehoods.

Also you really should know better than to read August Derleth's version of events.
    You didn't answer my questions about what YOU know about Dagon ... so how can I like or dislike answers that you haven't given me?

... do YOU believe that Dagon has already fought a war of rebellion against the Triune God (whom he calls 'The Elder Gods') ... and lost?

... do YOU believe that Dagon and his spirits, (whom he calls 'The Great Old Ones'), are currently banished from Heaven ... and under the power and surveillance of the Triune God?

... what has Dagon promised you, if anything, for joining with him against God?

... and does he ever speak of his love for you, like the Holy Spirit speaks of His love for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Wow, you can't actually see it? Really? How is that actually possible? I mean, it's right there!

All your questions are based on assuming your god is real. He is not. And so I have already answered your questions several times.

Your god doesn't exist. There was nothing to defeat Father Dagon to begin with. There is nothing to side against. At the end, there will BE nothing but the ocean and Father Dagon. You are basing your questions off lies. How can you possibly hope to see the truth when you deliberately look the other way?

It looks like refuse to be convinced until the end times come, and you call out for your precious little god to save you from the true horrors of the universe, and nothing happens. You truly are doomed. I'd pity you, but it would take time away from listening to the song of Father Dagon's love for His children. Yes, J C. He speaks to me always. His love for His children is greater than any lie you tell yourself about your so-called holy spirit.

As for promises? Father Dagon promises nothing. Promises are for liars and false prophets. They will always end up broken. You'll see, eventually.

J C wrote: »
    I have already answered that question ... but I guess repetition of the truth is good.
    The starting point for all research is the Creationist Principle that we can understand life and the physical world by applying our God-given logical mind to examining the ordered effects of God's logical ordered mind ... as found throughout all of creation.
    It's the Evolutionists who have a philosophical problem here ... as they believe that their minds are the results of undirected chemical reactions and a whole series of mistakes within a Universe that was made by a huge disordered explosion AKA The Big Bang!!! We would not expect any predictability or order in such a scenario ... nor could we trust any mind produced by such processes to be either logical or coherent ... a computer to which a sledge-hammer has been applied ... comes to mind!!!

So creation science, in and of itself, hasn't supplied medicine with anything of use? Ok.

You could have just said "no" to my question instead of wasting time with your rant.
    I have asked for examples ... and was provided with an example of NS selecting within a Kind ... which is pure Creation Science ... and nothing to do with Pondkind to Mankind Evolution.

... so do you have any examples that you can share ?
    Firstly, "NS within a kind" or microevolution as you'd probably call it isn't "pure creation science." Natural selection is a core component of modern evolutionary synthesis. It's the core mechanism of Darwinian evolution, which you so fervently reject. It's not "pure creation science". You can steal the core of Darwinian evolution for CS if you want, but it's still Darwinian evolution. It was the mechanism of Darwinian evolution before it was "pure creation science."

Secondly, there aren't two types of natural selection: you can't say there's natural selection when applied to microevolution, and natural selection when applied to macroevolution. It's the same mechanism. Even drawing a distinction between microevolution and macroevolution is erroneous: macroevolution = mircoevolution + time. They're the same thing, only the duration of time involved is different.

Given that, yes, I can give plenty of examples of how evolutionary theory has helped medicine. Have a read of this wiki article, for a few examples. You'll notice that evolutionary biology hasn't just helped medicine in the battle against microbes, viruses and pathogens. Of the four bullet points in the opening paragraph, the latter three should be interesting for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Yes ... the physical evidence is there for the creation of the universe and all life by an omnipotent transcendent Creator ... who that Creator was, is indeed a matter of faith

I would like to see this evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

What was this thread about again?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

... I'll bet that he never speaks of his love for you, like the Holy Spirit speaks of His love for me.

So let me get this right. This God who loves you, somehow thought that it was reasonable after the fall to punish all of mankind forever, using biological warfare to give them all the diseases he could think of. He then went on to slaughter everyone in the world except Noah and his Family. His final tally comes to over 2 million murders.
    Does he not come across as just a bit of a nutter?

It looks like refuse to be convinced until the end times come, and you call out for your precious little god to save you from the true horrors of the universe, and nothing happens. You truly are doomed. I'd pity you, but it would take time away from listening to the song of Father Dagon's love for His children. Yes, J C. He speaks to me always. His love for His children is greater than any lie you tell yourself about your so-called holy spirit.

As for promises? Father Dagon promises nothing. Promises are for liars and false prophets. They will always end up broken. You'll see, eventually.
    Promises are for lovers ...
    ... and lies are for liars and false prophets.

Why do you believe in the End Times if you don't believe in God?

POINTBREAK wrote: »
    So let me get this right. This God who loves you, somehow thought that it was reasonable after the fall to punish all of mankind forever, using biological warfare to give them all the diseases he could think of. He then went on to slaughter everyone in the world except Noah and his Family. His final tally comes to over 2 million murders.
    Does he not come across as just a bit of a nutter?
    Mankind chose death over life ... and God allowed them to do so ... because He had given them the freedom to do this ... and the rest is history.

ColHol wrote: »
    I would like to see this evidence
    It's literally staring you in the face ... every time you look in a mirror!!:)

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

It's literally staring you in the face ... every time you look in a mirror!!:)

I see you're still not posting up any evidence, despite numerous requests to do so.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Mankind chose death over life ... and God allowed them to do so ... because He had given them the freedom to do this ... and the rest is history.

He sounds like a lovely single dad who really cares for his children,the few who manage to survive should really love and worship him,if they know whats good for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

-
    In that case your all seeing God created a man who was flawed. He then put him in a garden to test him him, even though the all seeing one already knew what would happen. As I said..............a nutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Haven't had the time to read the whole thread, this comes up constantly in these debates, it may have been asked already, but can you address the question:

If God is all-knowing, did he know that mankind would "choose death over life" because he would give them "the freedom to do so".

If God is all-loving, would he really create a mankind that he knew would "choose death over life", which would necessitate him killing nearly everyone with a flood.

housetypeb wrote: »
    He sounds like a lovely single dad who really cares for his children,the few who manage to survive should really love and worship him,if they know whats good for them!
    That's one way of putting it!!!!:)

koth wrote: »
    I see you're still not posting up any evidence, despite numerous requests to do so.
    Like I have said, all the evidence you need is literally staring you in the face, every time you look in the mirror at your complex functional specified self!!!;)

Like I have said the evidence is staring you inte face every time you look in the mirror at your complex functional specified self!!!;)

so the answer is you don't have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure J C is trolling. He's just rambling on. Who the hell is Dagon? Googling it just confused me more!

BluntGuy wrote: »
    Haven't had the time to read the whole thread, this comes up constantly in these debates, it may have been asked already, but can you address the question:

If God is all-knowing, did he know that mankind would "choose death over life" because he would give them "the freedom to do so".
    Yes ... because otherwise it wouldn't be true freedom.
    BluntGuy wrote: »
    If God is all-loving, would he really create a mankind that he knew would "choose death over life", which would necessitate him killing nearly everyone with a flood.
    Yes ... because He is a God of Justice, as well as love.
    The possibility of evil can be the price of freedom ... and I for one, am very grateful to God for being alive ... and possessing free will ... even if I have to face physical death eventually.

PunkFreud wrote: »
    Who the hell is Dagon? Googling it just confused me more!
    Sarky can fill you in ... he is a Dagon Priest apparently'
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72857256&postcount=4525

Many of the guys on this forum aren't Atheists at all.

koth wrote: »
    so the answer is you don't have any.
    ... no evidence will satisfy those in denial ... but for everyone else ... the CFSI in living organisms is definitive unambiguous evidence for direct Creation !!!:)

• Advertisement

... no evidence will satisfy those in denial ... but for everyone else ... the CFSI in living organisms is definitive unambiguous evidence for direct Creation !!!:)

That's a handy excuse to avoid posting any evidence. If you were so confident in your creation myth, you'd post the evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Unambiguous evidence of the existence of Dagon, but where does Christianity come into it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

PunkFreud wrote: »
    Who the hell is Dagon?

It's meant to be confusing. It's the second (more or less, depending on how one hears of Father Dagon) test on the path. The Dagon you find on a Google search is not the true Father, hence J C's hopelessly misguided opinions on the matter. He falls even before the first hurdle. He lacks the courage to take that first step. Typical of the most outspoken of those artificial faiths constructed for weaklings and cowards.

You though, you seem willing to question, where J C blindly accepts only what he wants to read. Are you willing to acknowledge that the universe is neither benevolent nor with purpose? That there are laws and secrets far greater and deeper than J C's paltry god, invented by shepherds afraid of what lies in the dark, beyond the dim circle of the camp-fire's glow?

That is the third step. Perhaps eventually you too will understand, and come to know Father Dagon, and be united with His children in the hope of one day witnessing the great city of R'lyeh.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Unambiguous evidence of the existence of Dagon, but where does Christianity come into it? :confused:
    Dagon doesn't claim to have Created life ... that's where Jesus Christ comes in!!!!:)

It's meant to be confusing. It's the second (more or less, depending on how one hears of Father Dagon) test on the path. The Dagon you find on a Google search is not the true Father, hence J C's hopelessly misguided opinions on the matter. He falls even before the first hurdle. He lacks the courage to take that first step. Typical of the most outspoken of those artificial faiths constructed for weaklings and cowards.

You though, you seem willing to question, where J C blindly accepts only what he wants to read. Are you willing to acknowledge that the universe is neither benevolent nor with purpose? That there are laws and secrets far greater and deeper than J C's paltry god, invented by shepherds afraid of what lies in the dark, beyond the dim circle of the camp-fire's glow?

That is the third step. Perhaps eventually you too will understand, and come to know Father Dagon, and be united with His children in the hope of one day witnessing the great city of R'lyeh.
    Typical Gnostic stuff ... which tries to further confuse, the already confused!!!

Could you please put what you have just said in plain English for the rest of us.

... and is Dagon still rattling his chains and spewing fire and brimstone ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Dagon doesn't claim to have Created life ... that's where Jesus Christ comes into it!!!!:)

Dagon is indeed a modest creator, although even if he wasn't he'd be too busy out there creating life to sit around and brag about it, unlike these false Gods who do nothing but.
    The evidence supporting his creation of life is all around us, you just have to look in the mirror.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Dagon is indeed a modest creator, although even if he wasn't he'd be too busy out there creating life to sit around and brag about it, unlike these false Gods who do nothing but.
    The evidence supporting his creation of life is all around us, you just have to look in the mirror.
    Yes, Dagon wants to be God ... but he is just a fallen angel.

Yes, he wants to be God ... but he is still just a fallen angel.

The above is nothing but a lie spread by false prophets of your false god.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

seriously guys, you gotta kill this thread. it's farcical.

• Advertisement

gvn wrote: »
    The above is nothing but a lie spread by false prophets of your false god.
    There seems to be more religious types here than over on the Christianity Forum!!!

... so anyway do tell us what Dagon has been telling you about himself.

... has he told you that God has defeated him ... and he is beyond redemption ... but you aren't?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement