Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

I've got 'to be honest' now that the 'cat is out of the bag', the 'theory' of
    evolution is nothing but the modern incarnation of service & worship to
    Dagon (pbuh) but the 'fact' that JC has uncovered this secret by means of
    this 100-page testament to the new testament we might as well be open
    & frank about things. The idea here is simple JC, you haven't met Dagon
    yet because you clearly haven't understood the 'theory' of evolution &
    have been actively rejecting Dagon as this thread illustrates through the
    large collection of 'facts' which are your posts. Once you stop rejecting
    Dagon & reject false gods the 'fact' of the 'theory' evolution will dawn
    upon you, while simultaneously accepting the 'fact' of the 'theory' of
    evolution will help you accept Dagon. This is a micro-symbiotic
    relationship, not an obviously false macro-symbiotic one.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Mr. Boo

What is it with fundamentalists? So arrogant, ignorant, heedless. To a god-like extent. The only verbally transmitted psychiatric condition?

I could not possibly read through all 300-odd pages, but it is fantastic. Suffice it to say, it reminds me of depths of retardation I thought only existed in other countries.
    http://blogs4brownback.wordpress.com/2007/07/16/398/

I remember this 'origin of specious nonsense' story from when it happens. I wrote an email to Lenihan at the time, as he was in charge of science and innovation or whatever. I thought it was moronic, him endorsing these baseless scribblings. I got a universal reply back from an assistant.

Salvation is a choice & your choice alone, Dagon knows which one you're
    bound to end up picking at the end of the day, maybe the fact that you
    keep returning to this thread speaks of your magnetism to what Dagon
    has to offer? Dagon knows but it's up to you to find out for sure.
    Remember though, we are already the saved...

I'd actually just mention that the fact you've uncovered the root of the
    relationship between Dagon & evolution is nothing short of miraculous,
    since many members of the Esoteric Order know nothing of this
    relationship in substance. Sure they know & accept evolution because
    it's natural but there is a secret link so few know of. We call those who
    are unaware of such a link 'a la carte' members of the Esoteric Order.
    One would posit the claim of special privilege on your part, kind of like
    a 'chosen one'-type scenario. When you accept Dagon he will inform
    you of your place, something I can have no knowledge of sadly. Fair
    thee well dear brother, we stand on opposite sides of the river now
    but I have high hopes that a special someone will part the rivers as
    long as you stop rebelling, stop rejecting & just let Him in, peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Mr. Boo wrote: »
    What is it with fundamentalists? So arrogant, ignorant, heedless. To a god-like extent. The only verbally transmitted psychiatric condition?

... I remember this 'origin of specious nonsense' story from when it happens. I wrote an email to Lenihan at the time, as he was in charge of science and innovation or whatever. I thought it was moronic, him endorsing these baseless scribblings. I got a universal reply back from an assistant.
    You are a parody of your own prejudices!!!:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Mr. Boo

Yeah. god; how insightful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Mr. Boo wrote: »
    Yeah. god; how insightful.

CAPITALISE! the LORD's name or be smited!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Specious.

That's specioal

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ok, who gave JC the key to the wine cellar?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Malty_T wrote: »
    Ok, who gave JC the key to the wine cellar?

He just needs some water, and he can to the magic Himself.

Oh you mean the user not Jesus Christ :roll:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭himnextdoor

J C wrote: »
    You are a parody of your own prejudices!!!:eek::D

I find it strange that God didn't apply His 'fear of God' tactics as depicted throughout the Bible to Adam and Eve when they were His autonomous slaves tending His 'Garden of Eden'.

By frightening the living daylights out of Adam and Eve, He could have prevented 'The Fall' and saved Himself an awful lot of time and effort.

God has interfered in the matters of men too many times for the 'free-will' argument to be valid.

Also, since Adam and Eve were created without a moral compass (knowledge of good and evil is a prerequisite for morality) then how could they possibly sin?

And can you offer any explanation as to why God, the intelligent designer, would make haemoglobin 250 times more efficient at binding with carbon-monoxide, a deadly poison, than it is at binding with oxygen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Don't forget that oxygen, when taken in large enough concentrations, is also a deadly poison.

We could have been built to run on love or something, but no, God had to go for some of the most dangerous substances in the known universe.

Hey, maybe that's the reason there's buggerall antimatter around these days- God screwed up with the beta.

So ya, looked at that link but just talks mostly about people from the second cent. onwards, people who couldn't possibly been an eye witness. The only person that might have been about was Papias, but they just talk about what other people wrote about what he wrote...

You also have yet to answer my question about the accuracy of the gospels, which you have yet to show to me were indeed first hand accounts...

I find it strange that God didn't apply His 'fear of God' tactics as depicted throughout the Bible to Adam and Eve when they were His autonomous slaves tending His 'Garden of Eden'.

By frightening the living daylights out of Adam and Eve, He could have prevented 'The Fall' and saved Himself an awful lot of time and effort.

God has interfered in the matters of men too many times for the 'free-will' argument to be valid.
    His interference doesn't remove people's free-will ... the people who died in Noah's Flood, for example, used their free-will to continue to reject God right up to being drowned in the Flood.
    Also, since Adam and Eve were created without a moral compass (knowledge of good and evil is a prerequisite for morality) then how could they possibly sin?
    ... there was no Human evil or sin before the Fall ... and thus Adam and Eve had no need for a moral compass ... they were simply given a plain direction from God not to join Satan's Gnostic tree-structure of occult knowledge of good and evil ... with the information that death would surely result, if they did.
    And can you offer any explanation as to why God, the intelligent designer, would make haemoglobin 250 times more efficient at binding with carbon-monoxide, a deadly poison, than it is at binding with oxygen?
    The reason that carbon monoxide is a poison is because it binds with Haemoglobin with greater efficeincy than oxygen ... if it didn't, it wouldn't be a poison.
    All poisons and other agents of disease and death have arisen since the Fall ... in the case of Carbon Monoxide, it either didn't exist before the Fall ... because confined combustion didn't happen ... or the body was able to efficiently counter it's effects.

So ya, looked at that link but just talks mostly about people from the second cent. onwards, people who couldn't possibly been an eye witness. The only person that might have been about was Papias, but they just talk about what other people wrote about what he wrote...

You also have yet to answer my question about the accuracy of the gospels, which you have yet to show to me were indeed first hand accounts...
    Please have a look at this link ... and click on each book to find out who wrote it and when it was written
    http://www.basic-bible-knowledge.com/who-wrote-the-new-testament.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

All poisons and other agents of disease and death have arisen since the Fall ... in the case of Carbon Monoxide, it either didn't exist before the Fall ... because confined combustion didn't happen ... or the body was able to efficiently counter it's effects.

Most hilarious JC claim yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

All poisons and other agents of disease and death have arisen since the Fall .
    So, let me see, before that event, it wasn't possible to drown, was it? And if not, how exactly did that work? Were people back then infinitely bouyant, or were they able to breathe water, or could they hold their breath for ever, something else?

The reason that carbon monoxide is a poison is because it binds with Haemoglobin with greater efficeincy than oxygen ... if it didn't, it wouldn't be a poison.

Oh good christ...

Please have a look at this link ... and click on each book to find out who wrote it and when it was written
    http://www.basic-bible-knowledge.com/who-wrote-the-new-testament.html

Sorry, but internal references won't do much good.

Also I'm still waiting to hear you answer my question about the accuracy of said books.

King Mob wrote: »
    Most hilarious JC claim yet.

I think Peter speaks for us all here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tndjs56zXsA

• Advertisement

robindch wrote: »
    So, let me see, before that event, it wasn't possible to drown, was it? And if not, how exactly did that work? Were people back then infinitely bouyant, or were they able to breathe water, or could they hold their breath for ever, something else?
    The Earth was so ordered ... and Humans were so perfect, that they couldn't drown ... or die by any other means before the Fall.

Oh good christ...
    Yes, Jesus Christ is indeed very good!!

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

The Earth was so ordered ... and Humans were so perfect, that they couldn't drown ... or die by any other means.

And I'm sure you have evidence of human remains of people that were centuries old. Don't be afraid to share it with the thread.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

The Earth was so ordered ... and Humans were so perfect, that they couldn't drown ... or die by any other means before the Fall.
    So what they didn't need to breathe? Could breath underwater?
    We gonna need specifics if we are to take this theory seriously JC.

and Humans were so perfect, that they couldn't drown
    Like, seriously, do you believe this stuff? :confused:

robindch wrote: »
    Like, seriously, do you believe this stuff? :confused:

He doesn't believe, he knows :rolleyes:

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C

koth
    And I'm sure you have evidence of human remains of people that were centuries old. Don't be afraid to share it with the thread.
    The Fall occurred shortly after Adam and Eve was Created ... so they were the first ... and last potential immortals.

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

The Fall occurred shortly after Adam and Eve was Created ... so they were the first ... and last potential immortals.

Just so I'm clear, the Fall you're referring to is god expelling Adam and Eve from the garden of eden?

If you can read this, you're too close!

koth wrote: »
    Just so I'm clear, the Fall you're referring to is god expelling Adam and Eve from the garden of eden?
    Yes.

• Advertisement

He doesn't believe, he knows :rolleyes:
    Yeah, I know. But from time to time a creationist produces something which is so stunningly knuckle-headed that the question has to be asked.

I can't seriously believe that an adult who's sentient enough to be able to turn on a computer and fire up a browser could believe this bottled pigshit. I mean, even my four-year old kid is smarter than that. By a long shot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement