Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

J C wrote: »
    doesn't mean that the loving God who created them is also a jerk.
    Yes, it does. He created a jerk in full knowledge that that person would be a jerk, either by design or by choice. That's like creating a landmine and then getting all uppity because it irreparably maimed some African kid. Which is of course nothing compared to the suffering your loving god dished out on entire civilisations, if your book is true. Your god, if it exists, is either so utterly stupid he can't realise that creating bad people results in bad people doing bad things, or he's a douchebag who enjoys the suffering of the people on this planet.

There is no getting around that. I'm sure you'll try. I am in awe of your circular logic and ability to only read or hear the things that you want.
    He will deliver His justice on those who freely reject His mercy ... and His mercy on those who freely ask for it.

Except for all the jerks who live happy carefree lives of plenty, and all those millions burdened with poverty, war, sickness, abuse and the like, who pray and pray and pray and call out for a God who never comes. But of course that's ok because it'll all get better after they die.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Good to see you back J C, thought this thread was going to die but obvo not. I'm looking forward to your answers to my questions. All this time I'm sure you spent researching and thinking about them...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

POINTBREAK wrote: »
    -
    In Ireland alone there is at least 12,000 different species of insect. New ones are discovered every year. And that's just Ireland. You would need to be one busy fecker...... if you get my meaning.
    He is omnipotent ... so 12,000 species would be no problem ... but the evidence suggests that He created a limited number of Kinds that speciated into the 12,000 species that you talk about.

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    All life seems to have been intelligently designed

robindch
    There. Got it one. Only took 7 years and ~30,000 posts.

A credit to creationists, worldwide.
    Yes, myself and Prof Dawkins are agreed the all life seems to have been intelligently designed!!!

Who would have thought???

In fairness, this has to be a credit equally shared between Evolutionists and Creationists ... credit where credit is due!!!:)

He is omnipotent ... so 12,000 species would be no problem ... but the evidence suggests that He created a limited number of Kinds that speciated into the 12,000 species that you talk about.

Wait...

You acknowledge speciation?

• Advertisement

gvn wrote: »
    Wait...

You acknowledge speciation?
    Yes ... it is observed to be rapid ... sometimes instantaneous ... but always within Kinds ... and using pre-existing genetic diversity.

Good to see you back J C, thought this thread was going to die but obvo not.
    I thought that as well ... but it looks like it may be immortal !!!:D:eek:

... unless Robin uses his god-like powers to kill it!!:)

Must have been rather messy then, all those animals, plants, fungi, bacteria, how did the earth ever coupe with all that...

Still waiting on your answers to my questions...
    There was no death of animals or Humans before the Fall ... plants were food for animals and Humans ... so they did die as part of normal digestion by animals and Humans ... and fungi and bacteria probably also had their current roles in the recycling of nutients.

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

There was no death of animals or Humans before the Fall ... plants were food for animals and Humans ... so they did die as part of normal digestion by animals and Humans ... and fungi and bacteria probably also had their current roles in the recycling of nutients.

so lions lived on a diet of grass?

you branching out and subverting the history of other species now?

If you can read this, you're too close!

Well you answered one of my questions, koth more or less responded with what I would ask as a follow up, so no point in asking the same question twice! Look forward to seeing the others!

• Advertisement

thought this thread was going to die but obvo not.

Clearly the work of Father Dagon. Remember: That is not dead which can eternal lie.

koth wrote: »
    so lions lived on a diet of grass?
    Plant material ... they were vegetarians then ... as were Humans.

We only became meat-eaters after the Flood.

and fungi and bacteria probably also had their current roles in the recycling of nutients.

oops, missed that bit. Most (if not all) fungi survive on decomposition of organic matter, decomposition means said organic matter can not be alive, so were did it come from? Also, what age were Adem and Eve when the Fall happened? (You can add that to the other questions I'm waiting to be answered)

Plant material ... they were vegetarians then ... as were Humans.

We only became meat-eaters after the Flood.

why did humans become meat eaters after the fall?

why were pigs, cows, sheep and many other animals punished for mans mistakes by becoming their food?

how was there enough animals that the food supply didn't get exhausted seeing as sexual reproduction in the garden of edendidn't occur?

how did the human body deal with such a radical change in diet so easily?

why did lions change their diet so radically?

how did their food supply also not exhaust itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

And now list all known Kinds.
    Science can list everything it claims to know about, you claim to know Kinds, let's see a list.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

let's see a list.
    The busy boffins down in Creation Labs(tm) has produced the following list which you can license from your nearest Creationist Resource Association Provider ('CRAP')(tm):
    • Things with feet without cloven hooves
    • Things with feet with cloven hooves (like Satan) - evil
    • Things without feet except shrimps
    • Shrimps (evil)
    • Dragons (deceased)
    • Humans (creationist, blessed)
    • Humans (other, damned and damnable)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

And now list all known Kinds.
    Science can list everything it claims to know about, you claim to know Kinds, let's see a list.

et voilá

Mind you, that's only "kinds" that have been explicitly mentioned by creationists - I don't think it's all kinds.

robindch wrote: »
    The busy boffins down in Creation Labs(tm) has produced the following list which you can license from your nearest Creationist Resource Association Provider ('CRAP')(tm):
    • Shrimps (evil)
    • Dragons (deceased)

2 additions, Snakes should be classed as evil and Unicorns are mentioned in the bible.

I'm sure JC has a more comprehensive list anyway, so let's see it.

• Shrimps (evil)
    • Dragons (deceased)
    Ah, Robin you really are very funny!!!!:)

... then again, I suppose, because you can't explain even how just one simple biomolecule could ever arise spontaneously, you must resort to humour on occasions ... if you are not to cry, at the hopelessness of it all!!!!

Uncie J C! Uncie J C! Tell us more stories about how logical conjecture based on the observations of overwhelming evidence have gotten it wrong, uncie J C!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I'm sure JC has a more comprehensive list anyway, so let's see it.
    I'm inclined to think she doesn't, but let's see what shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Ah, Robin you really are very funny!!!!:)

... then again, I suppose, because you can't explain even how just one simple biomolecule could ever arise spontaneously, you must resort to humour on occasions ... if you are not to cry, at the hopelessness of it all!!!!

Biomolecules arising spontaneously is your claim, not ours.

I'm inclined to think she doesn't, but let's see what shows up.

She?! :eek:

Robin is just trying to deflect that JC has a much better understanding of Kinds, don't fall for her EVILutionist trap!

How long before J C comes back and starts back at the beginning of her/his little (Read: very very long) ramble?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭himnextdoor

How long before J C comes back and starts back at the beginning of her/his little (Read: very very long) ramble?

Yeah, well I think God owes Adam and Eve an apology. Then they can shake hands and move on.

Robin seems to have a problem with both Gender and Kind ... he is in denial of my Gender and God's Created Kinds!!!:).

Yeah, well I think God owes Adam and Eve an apology. Then they can shake hands and move on.
    God doesn't owe Adam and Eve anything ... but He has 'shook hands with Humanity and moved on' with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

any chance of an answer, JC, since you seem to have missed my post?
    koth wrote: »
    why did humans become meat eaters after the fall?

why were pigs, cows, sheep and many other animals punished for mans mistakes by becoming their food?

how was there enough animals that the food supply didn't get exhausted seeing as sexual reproduction in the garden of edendidn't occur?

how did the human body deal with such a radical change in diet so easily?

why did lions change their diet so radically?

how did their food supply also not exhaust itself?

• Advertisement

And you still have to show up Robin with your awesome knowledge of Kinds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement