Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

dead one wrote: »
    Pasting links and articles from net, doesn't it mean, you don't have difficulty understanding evolution---
    I have no idea if you have a point with that comment :confused:
    I want you to explain me how evolution works--- Why you don't do me a favor-- -Can you sum up in single phrase--- As i said God is behind evolution- or explain it yourself---- So that i can differentiate between ignorance and knowedlge

evolution is the changing of one or more traits over time within a type of organism, like neanderthal to homo sapien.
    Here is what you said

You said you don't accept science to suit your point of view--- and i asked you what is your point of view-- Actually your point of view favors materialism and you choose that science which favors materialism -- Quite simple

Yup, I'm all about the evidence ;)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Where, i said, "you said" - I am asking a simple question to you--- what makes process of evolution so smooth that it is going with out errors - Name that thing/idea/concept/fresh hell?

It doesn't work without errors. There are any number of genetic diseases and cancers to prove that. But the more interesting point is that errors are one of the biggest reasons it works at all. A couple of point mutations in a gene can cause big changes. Bacteria can swap half their genes with another species in a generation. Hell, entire chunks of human chromosome can jump about at random. There's a huge amount of literature on the subject that explains a lot of that.

You seem to think evolution is a conscious thing with a plan. Anyone who studies it should be able to see how haphazard and chaotic a process it's been. And all from a few basic laws and forces interacting with each other. Again, like I told J C many times, there are plenty of videos throughout this thread that explain the basics. If you're not completely blinded by arrogance and pride, I suggest you take a look.
    You buy some cheap modern myths to sell reality - Wasted time - wasted life-
    may be you will see soon

It says a lot about you that you consider one of the most revolutionary aspects of modern biological science a waste of time. That's it folks, stop mucking around with cures for cancer and AIDS. All that gene therapy stuff can go, forget about those babies born with defects, they must have sinned in the womb. Best leave the antibiotics alone too. Most of them are made by evolving bacteria, so they're a waste of time and life, and can't possibly do any good for anyone. The entire biotechnology sector is clearly a lie. Oh, and get rid of the booze while you're at it.

And stop trying to scare people with your "you'll find out soon enough IN HELL" style remarks. It's tacky and disgusting. Your little god would hardly be impressed by your self-righteous tirade, would he? You're not very humble. Maybe you should work on that. As it is, your lack of wisdom and compassion for mankind leaves a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

You buy some cheap modern myths to sell reality - Wasted time - wasted life-
    may be you will see soon

Those who live in stone houses :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Can you sum up in single phrase
    "Differential reproductive success".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

You said you don't accept science to suit your point of view--- and i asked you what is your point of view-- Actually your point of view favors materialism and you choose that science which favors materialism -- Quite simple

In the curious mirror-world of religion, looking at evidence and making a decision based upon that is frowned upon.

What you need to do is start with a mystical document that contains all the answers supplied by God. You know it's supplied by God because someone else told you, and he knows it was supplied by God because someone else told him. So it must have been supplied by God.

So now you have all the answers, and when people come to you with proof that your answers are wrong, just ignore them, because - for some strange reason - they aren't simply accepting that the mystical document comes from God. They are strange people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Sarky wrote: »
    And stop trying to scare people with your "you'll find out soon enough IN HELL" style remarks.
    It's certainly petulant, but it does say a lot about the religion concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Doc_Savage wrote: »
    By the way...

Don't tell me i'm the one that's blinkered..... that's what i expect...
    Don't ask for my proof....there's plenty of theory and evidence in this thread you've already ignored...
    And don't tell me i can be saved! I find it petty...
    Ok so you're blinkered (on your own admission) ... and there is no proof or evidence on the thread for Materialistic Evolution (from Pondkind to Mankind) ... and you can be Saved ... but you don't want to.

... tell me something I don't know already!!!:)

Poor 'scientist' JC, try stick with facts old boy, not 'wishful thinking'.

http://boingboing.net/2011/08/02/bertrand-russells-advice-to-internet-commenters.html
    Very wise words from Bertrand Russell ... we should indeed stick to the facts ... and the facts support Direct Creation ... by an agent or agents unknown.

... and we should indeed respect each other ... and love each other ... even when we have a fundamental difference of opinion.

Love you all.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

J C wrote: »
    ... and we should indeed respect each other ... and love each other ... even when we have a fundamental difference of opinion.

Love you all.:cool:

I love you too JC but your opinion is idiotic.

You must have missed the truckload of videos that explained how life can emerge from nothing, then.
    Were they the cartoon videos???:)
    There really have been a lot of them. I watched at least 2 of them myself, they're quite good at explaining the emergence of life.
    ... when it comes to science, I share Bertrand Russell's peference for fact ... e.g. that life only come from other life.

• Advertisement

liamw wrote: »
    I love you too JC but your opinion is idiotic.
    I love you too ... but your opinions on origins tend to be evidentially and logically challenged.

... when it comes to science, I share Bertram Russell's peference for fact ... that life only come from other life.

Really?
    "No one can sit at the bedside of a dying child and still believe in God." - Bertrand Russell.

and very unlikely based on this video.

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    ... I was once just like you ... an evolutionist ... believing in materialistic miracles!!!!

dead one
    I am sure your would be better evolutionist than him.
    I used be one of the best, Dead One!!!
    ... I now blush with embarrassment every time I think about my 'evolutionist phase'!!!:eek:

koth wrote: »
    Really?

and very unlikely based on this video.

Bertrand was a nice old man ... with many good ideas ... that he never really followed through on.

Bertrand was a nice old man ... with many good ideas ... that he never really followed through on.

who didn't share your views on creationism and the existence of god. therefore you can't share his preference for facts when you support things that don't have facts to support it.

robindch wrote: »
    That's actually sexual/natural selection in action ... but it doesn't explain how the CFSI that facilitates the differential reproductive success, arose in the first place!!

who didn't share your views on creationism and the existence of god. therefore you can't share his preference for facts when you support things that don't have facts to support it.
    Like I have said, his idea that we should rely on facts is a good one ... the only problem was that he didn't always follow through on it ... for example the fact of biogenesis ... that life only ever comes from other life ... and reproduces according to its kind ... shows Creation to be true ... and abiogenesis/evolution to be false.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭himnextdoor

Come on lads ... I was once just like you ... an evolutionist ... believing in materialistic miracles!!!!
    ... the real question is how something as highly complex and totally specified as living creatures could ever be produced from scratch using non-intelligently directed processes.

... and don't say 'evolution' without explaining exactly how this could produce the 'mega giga bites' of complex functional specific information found in even a simple cell ... and no, NS doesn't explain where the complex functional specific information comes from, in the first place, for it to select.

Dude, you talk of complexity and exhibit simpleness.

IT DIDN'T START OUT AS COMPLEX!

There is nothing behind it ... only the vain imaginings of men ... in denial of their Creator God.

I wouldn't believe that it is possible for so many people to believe in something as patently ridiculous as Spontaneous Evolution ... except I once was just as deluded as you are ... and I too believed that CFSI could be spontaneuosly produced ... but then I realised that it couldn't.

So you were wrong then but now you realise you were wrong? That doesn't make you right!

And that does not make anyone else wrong... I realise that I'm right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

evolution is the changing of one or more traits over time within a type of organism, like neanderthal to homo sapien.
    What is behind that change, that's what i am asking--- Is that change happening by chance???-- It seems you are quite confused with your concept of evolution--- You can't answer simple answers--- For example let's talk about Climate change --- Climate changes because the changes in the global energy balance.---- or the proportion at which energy is acquired from the star (sun) and the proportion at which it is lost to space measures the equilibrium temperature and climate of Earth. There is mechanism behind everything--- Everything isn't working because of Chance --- No chance can create complex mechanism--- See, that's what science says and you believe in your own science---
    Yup, I'm all about the evidence ;)
    No, you are in search of that evidence which support your point of view--- Theories can't be evidence-- Evidence is what you see from your eyes---

• Advertisement

In general, the videos are just wishful thinking and examples of NS of created CSI ... which requires a creator, in the first place !!!:)

No, the videos are saying 'this is how it seems to be' which is no different to what the Bible, as a record of a certain time, says.

Like i said, that's the problem with English---not my problem--- So tell, what should i use instead of "who" - -

It?
    lets have a look at some art then?---
    The surprising design and complexity of living things gives strong evidence for a Maker/Creator -- One visible feature of this aliment is that God has arranged the ‘recipe’ for all these arrangements on the famous double-helix molecule DNA----This recipe has an vast information content, which is transmitted one generation to the next, so that living things make more copies ‘after their kinds’---- See, atheistic evolutionist Richard Dawkins says:

Let's look at life then: One rule fits all: survival of the fittest. There is nothing complex about that.
    I hope you believe that encyclopedia had smart authors--- So it is scientifficc to believe that the data in the world likewise had an original writer/author/sender---
    There is no be informed non-intelligent originator that has ever been noticed to generate even a small portion of the correctly encyclopedic information needed for life. See, that's how you are going against Science---- You believe what your prefer to believer!!!!! The genetic code is not an result of raw data--- When you say--- You violate science--- You choose part of that science which matches with your information to make you believe what you believe.....

So, because it took people to design books, there must be a designer of creation?

That is NOT science.
    You need insight eye to find God--- You can't find God with material devices which are used to detect material things--- You really want to find God in A weather vane--- Look at the picture and try to understand and tell what you have learned from picture
    vane.gif

I have learned that if push came to shove, it may be possible that you know which way the wind is blowing.
    You aren't getting the point :rolleyes:-- When you say titan isn't like Earth- It shows your ignorance about Titan and Earth--- and ignorance isn't crime
    titansatmosphere-241x250.jpg
    The atmosphere of Titan, similar to the Earth's early atmosphere.

Now tell--- why there is no life on Titan, if chances/accidents can create complex enviorment like earth --- You can contact stephen hawken in order to get answer? :cool:

*sigh* because the energy from the sun plays a role.
    You choose "No" because you prefer to believe in "No" --- Even you choose that part of science which matches with your "No"

Honestly. my 'NO' is evidence based.
    First God isn't process - What caused God---- to explain this God has sent down his revelations--- If i say God has no cause, i ain't saying on my own behalf but on behalf of revelation of God--- When you say, "one process can occur without a cause then why not another"--- You speaking on behalf of your bias and your bias isn't revelation from God---

You say nothing...it just is! You support none of your arguments with substance...it just is is all you are saying.

And again, not very scientific.
    Again, ignorance!!!! Quran doesn't say that -- please provide reference from quran which says God made Eve from Adam's rib--- Genesis isn't Quran- Right you should study quran before making claims---

Hypocrite!

You are a Muslim; do men have to cover themselves in your cultures?
    You want to discuss women--- First define freedom of women? and how a first class women should be look like?

You want to discuss women? Would that be women you would like to possess?

Or the ones that aren't entitled to an education?

I want you to explain me how evolution works--- Why you don't do me a favor-- -Can you sum up in single phrase--- As i said God is behind evolution- or explain it yourself---- So that i can differentiate between ignorance and knowedlge

And I want you to explain to me in one simple phrase; how do I become creator of the universe?

(Please don't use the word 'revelation' and please don't point me at the Quran.)

You accept that the universe can be created so explain how it was done and also explain why it can't be done by anyone else.

So you lied about watching them (by your own admission).
    ... when it comes to science, I share Bertrand Russell's peference for fact ... e.g. that life only come from other life.

By your own admission you believe what other people tell you.

Check-mate!

... I now blush with embarrassment every time I think about my 'evolutionist phase'!!!:eek:

I bet your employers blush more deeply. ;):D:):cool:

What is behind that change, that's what i am asking--- Is that change happening by chance???-- It seems you are quite confused with your concept of evolution--- You can't answer simple answers--- For example let's talk about Climate change --- Climate changes because the changes in the global energy balance.---- or the proportion at which energy is acquired from the star (sun) and the proportion at which it is lost to space measures the equilibrium temperature and climate of Earth. There is mechanism behind everything--- Everything isn't working because of Chance --- No chance can create complex mechanism--- See, that's what science says and you believe in your own science---

No, you are in search of that evidence which support your point of view--- Theories can't be evidence-- Evidence is what you see from your eyes---

You are mind-bogglingly stupid and aptly demonstrate why all right-minded people should do everything they can to make religion into 'folklore'.

And did I mention that you are a 100%, solid gold, total hypocrite.

Oh! And you stand as proof that there is no God.

And that evolution is far from smooth.

You are proof that nature, or God, makes terrible mistakes.

It doesn't work without errors. There are any number of genetic diseases and cancers to prove that. But the more interesting point is that errors are one of the biggest reasons it works at all. A couple of point mutations in a gene can cause big changes.
    Do you know about these errors --- I am talking about genetic diseases--- The genetic information present in the DNA is Approximately to a store of 4000 books--- Even if materialness and spirit somehow arose, the chance that modification and natural selection generated this huge amount of information is essentially zero. Here are some steps
    1. Start with a meaningful phrase.
    2. Rewrite it, but produce some errors and insert a few letters.
    3. See if the new phrase is meaningful.
    4. If it is, replace the original phrase with it.
    5 Return to step “2.”
    To create just the enzymes in one living thing would need more than 10 power 41,000 periods--- To understand how huge 10 power 41000 is --- the universe has only atom with 10 power 80--- Now, please for materialism's sake don't say that chance is behind all this mechanism..... Some evolutionists, in past, out of ignorance, started calling to huge parts of DNA as “junk” DNA, because that DNA seemingly had no meaning and was abandoned from our evolutionary past --What evolutionists Said “junk” DNA is now recognized to create miRNAs which is essential for each organism’s health and also controls to a huge extent the production of proteins. Cancers (lung, breast, stomach, prostate, colon, pancreatic, and brain) are frequently a result of damaged miRNAs
    ftw
    Bacteria can swap half their genes with another species in a generation. Hell, entire chunks of human chromosome can jump about at random. There's a huge amount of literature on the subject that explains a lot of that.
    If you are talking about horizontal gene transfer--- then --- Horizontal transfer, however , does not narration for the cause of opposition genes, only their spread among bacteria---- Mutations, in addition , can practically account for the beginning of antibiotic resistance in the bacterrrial world, but include mutational procedures that are opposite to the predictions of evolution.
    It says a lot about you that you consider one of the most revolutionary aspects of modern biological science a waste of time. That's it folks, stop mucking around with cures for cancer and AIDS. All that gene therapy stuff can go, forget about those babies born with defects, they must have sinned in the womb. Best leave the antibiotics alone too. Most of them are made by evolving bacteria, so they're a waste of time and life, and can't possibly do any good for anyone. The entire biotechnology sector is clearly a lie. Oh, and get rid of the booze while you're at it.
    You are mixing biological science with evolution --- Science is different thing and evolution which you are basing on materialism, is different thing-- Right i ain't against development of life if you called it evolution/fresh hell-- I am against the idea that chance is behind all this mechanism--- Why you don't admit all this is work of intelligence not non-intelligence--- Why you prefer non intelligence because you wish to be non intelligent---
    And stop trying to scare people with your "you'll find out soon enough IN HELL" style remarks.
    What fresh hell is this, professor sarky - The hell is prepared for disbeliever who disbelieve in their heart that God isn't behind this all wonderful structure--- may be you will see soon --- There is after life---- as you didn't come in this life because of your will---You will rise again--- You are rejecting God because of your freewill and authority---- As rejecting God, doesn't effect your life, how accepting will effect---
    It's tacky and disgusting. Your little god would hardly be impressed by your self-righteous tirade, would he? You're not very humble. Maybe you should work on that. As it is, your lack of wisdom and compassion for mankind leaves a lot to be desired.
    See, You said-- my little God which shows how huge your arrogance is in accepting the God--- Better admit, you creation is clue for God not clue for chances---- Wasting your life to search a thing which doesn't exist--- That''s how you are wasting your life and time--- Suppose there is lie and i try my best to search that lie, will i be able to find truth--- Evolution is greatest creation of God which you basing on lie--- I wonder how many lives had been wasted in search of that lie--- Wasted time--- Wasted life

"People of the world don't look at themselves, and so they blame one another."
    Look into your heart your will find God

JC, you would have a wonderfull career, if you were evolutionist--- What makes you to come to the truth --- What is that thing which encourages you to stop propagating lies/materialistic evolution--- JC why you have destroyed your future for truth--- :)--- JC, tell these lads-- i see the light

robindch wrote: »
    Then in what way do you give a reason for Mouunt St. Halans??
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_St._Helens
    GO_Bear wrote: »
    Those who live in stone houses :rolleyes:
    I ain't against development of life--- i am against that chances developed all this--- what an irony?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I ain't against development of life--- i am against that chances developed all this--- what an irony?

This reads like a crossword clue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement