Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Mr. Boo

J C wrote: »
    Random mutations cause damage ... and not new functionality ... that is why nobody wants to undergo mutagenesis!!!

This could be the wackiest thing you've said yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Random mutations cause damage ... and not new functionality ... that is why nobody wants to undergo mutagenesis!!!

tumblr_litc542if11qha9z8o1_400.gif

I really don't understand why this is still going on. Just let it die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It keeps going on because clearly God wants creationists to look like fools.

Sarky wrote: »

Or perhaps the devil makes work for idle hands. The idle hands of course being us logical and scientific types who have nothing else better to do with their time than, you know, learn and find stuff out about the world...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Mr. Boo wrote: »

You're giving him way too much credit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C

Mr. Boo
    What's wacky about it?

Do Evolutionists believe that it is a good idea to undergo mutagenesis?

Or perhaps the devil makes work for idle hands. The idle hands of course being us logical and scientific types who have nothing else better to do with their time than, you know, learn and find stuff out about the world...
    It certainly proves that one Creation Scientist can roundly defeat over a hundred Evolutionists!!

With God and truth on your side, who can defeat you!!!:eek::)

You guys are the ones that look like Laurel & Hardy... 'shooting yourselves in the foot' by putting up a video that presents all of the main arguments against both Materialistic and Theistic Evolution and then asking me for my comments!!!!:):D:eek:

What's wacky about it?

Do Evolutionists believe that it is a good idea to undergo mutagenesis?

There are six classes of mutations: nonsense, missense, frameshift, neutral, silent and substitution.

Nonsense mutations are "...point mutation in a sequence of DNA that results in a premature stop codon." Often, but not always, resulting in reduced fitness.

Missense mutations are "a point mutation in which a single nucleotide is changed, resulting in a codon that codes for a different amino acid." This can reduce, enhance or have no affect on fitness, depending on what is mutated.

Frameshift mutations "is a genetic mutation caused by indels (insertions or deletions) of a number of nucleotides that is not evenly divisible by three from a DNA sequence." This type of mutation can reduce or enhance fitness.

Neutral mutations "is a mutation that has no effect on fitness. In other words, it is neutral with respect to natural selection."

Silent mutations "are DNA mutations that do not result in a change to the amino acid sequence of a protein." That is to say the DNA has changed but the resulting protein remains the same. See DNA Codons if you don't understand how this can happen.

Substitution, either transversion or transition mutations. Transversion refers to the substitution of a purine for a pyrimidine or vice versa. Tend to reduce fitness alot. Transition is a point mutation that changes a purine nucleotide to another purine or a pyrimidine nucleotide to another pyrimidine. Tend to reduce fitness but not as much as transversion.

In summery, some mutations are bad, some are good, some do nothing.

There are six classes of mutations: nonsense, missense, frameshift, neutral, silent and substitution.

Nonsense mutations are "...point mutation in a sequence of DNA that results in a premature stop codon." Often, but not always, resulting in reduced fitness.

Missense mutations are "a point mutation in which a single nucleotide is changed, resulting in a codon that codes for a different amino acid." This can reduce, enhance or have no affect on fitness, depending on what is mutated.

Frameshift mutations "is a genetic mutation caused by indels (insertions or deletions) of a number of nucleotides that is not evenly divisible by three from a DNA sequence." This type of mutation can reduce or enhance fitness.

Neutral mutations "is a mutation that has no effect on fitness. In other words, it is neutral with respect to natural selection."

Silent mutations "are DNA mutations that do not result in a change to the amino acid sequence of a protein." That is to say the DNA has changed but the resulting protein remains the same. See DNA Codons if you don't understand how this can happen.

Substitution, either transversion or transition mutations. Transversion refers to the substitution of a purine for a pyrimidine or vice versa. Tend to reduce fitness alot. Transition is a point mutation that changes a purine nucleotide to another purine or a pyrimidine nucleotide to another pyrimidine. Tend to reduce fitness but not as much as transversion.

In summery, some mutations are bad, some are good, some do nothing.
    ... so do Evolutionists believe that it is a good idea to undergo mutagenesis?

• Advertisement

... so do Evolutionists believe that it is a good idea to undergo mutagenesis?

Well, it is going to happen regardless of what people think. Ultimately mutations can give rise to new functions and therefore evolution. Some mutations will give rise to reduced fitness which is all part of evolution. If there were no mutations evolution would stop...

And once again I find myself posting here. When will I learn eh? Hah!

Well, it is going to happen regardless of what people think. Ultimately mutations can give rise to new functions and therefore evolution. Some mutations will give rise to reduced fitness which is all part of evolution. If there were no mutations evolution would stop...

Mutations are overwhelmingly deleterious.

They can increase variety ... like a two-headed calf ... but they always degrade CFSI.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

The lord helps those who help themselves to look like fools. Here's (diploma-mill) "Doctor" Ken Ham helping a roomful of kids to think independently:

Like a moth to the flame of truth!!!:)

Mutations are overwhelmingly deleterious.

They can increase variety ... like a two-headed calf ... but they always degrade CFSI.

Way to ignore facts there J C. Well, this has been fun. See ya next time I'm bored...

Way to ignore facts there J C. Well, this has been fun. See ya next time I'm bored...
    Funny thing ... I used be bored when I was an Evolutionist too!!!:)

... but freedom of speech is under attack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Funny thing ... I used be bored when I was an Evolutionist too!!!:)

... but freedom of speech is under attack

Well Lets Teach all the other religions aswell then , Hindu , Muslim , FSM , Jedi .
    Learning in the school is about expanding your mind , Learning how to gather information and make an informed decision . Schools are no place to pedal religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You guys are the ones that look like Laurel & Hardy... 'shooting yourselves in the foot' by putting up a video that presents all of the main arguments against both Materialistic and Theistic Evolution and then asking me for my comments!!!!:):D:eek:

You appear to be utterly delusional. If you're so divorced from reality that you think you're not only making valid points but that the lies you peddle actually have even a shred of validity, then it really is no wonder you think it was all created by a magic man who singled you out to battle the evils of reason and evidence.

How do you justify lying to yourself like this? Does your family know? You do realise you're only being engaged here because we just want to see what crazy batsh*t insane argument you come up with next, right?

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

housetypeb wrote: »
    Why am I am not surprised by this? Dead One, are you afraid of smart women because of your religion or are you using your religion to hide from smart women?
    fine, chaste and modest ladies even if they are uneducated, they are better than those of who display their beauty and parts in the name of education----in the name of freedom... When you are in corruption, you can't see the cure---... You need cure, a cure which produce life in the veins of dead society.... A dead society with dead desires
    Let me simplify. If you mix together the ingredients for bread and put the dough into a cold oven, you end up with dough. Put the same dough onto a hot oven and you get bread. Do you see?
    Now why oven:confused::confused::confused:... Why not an open source like sun with raw energy?--- "More conventional ovens have a simple thermostat which turns the oven on and off and selects the temperature at which it will operate".... See, every your point is proving existence of God..... :)
    Yes, because 'raw energy' has order; it 'imparts' it.

Raw energy can't give the qualified complicated information in absolute things. Directionless energy just speeds up destruction...like sitting in the sun will not make you more complicated —the human mass misses the methods to control raw solar energy. If you sat in the sun long time , your skin would get diseases like cancer etc, because the directionless energy of sun will create mutations ...Same as , directionless energy run through an asserted primordial soup will fall to pieces the complicated atoms of life faster than they are formed.
    No, dead one. 'evolution' is the conclusion reached by the study of evidence.
    i have no problem if you call this development as evolution.... I have problem when you explain evolution in terms of your religious beliefs.... That is, chance is present behind evolution....
    According to materialistic evolution the billion and billion of kinds in the world all arose from a huge, huge sequence of aimless events. It started with aimless events that somehow arranged the first living cell. And these aimless events started to create different shapes of cells, herbs , multicellular forms, amphibians, fish, mammals, reptiles and so forth---- From a spiritless hot little pond, redwood trees,humans, lions, and were all produced by a huge series random , aimless events (for example mutations) that just occurred to happen for no main reason ......The human kind just appeared to arise...... Lucretius (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucretius) believed it from Mother Earth and materialistic evolutionists believe it from mutations......like way it is a circumlocution for blind chance. And as with modern materialistic evolutionary theory, Lucretius honestly was not on the side of science, but on the side of religion. Is it not obvious that this faulty and not valuable world must have come out on its own: Materialistic evolution is a myth
    Even the ancient greeks did not bring a lot of merchandise in their Zeus myths. Unfortunately materialistic evolutionists really believe their superstition.
    Again no! No matter how powerful the torch, you cannot find something that isn't there.
    It is scientific to believe that all living things came out from a intelligent source.... See, scientific inventions there is intelligence behind.... Is there any scientific device which is result of non-intelligence....
    *sigh* Intelligence is an outcome of evolution. An accident.
    Again, it requires to be stated that not a single aspect of materialistic evolution has ever been noticed and yet such impossible notions are displayed as a fact to innocent mind in public schools.... Disturbing indeed..... Where on the other hand, there million of examples of design in nature...both in herbs and animal....that help to show this foolish idea that everything somehow created aimlessly with no orginator...
    Once again, no! I have lived among Muslims and women are treated as property in Islam.
    ignorance isn't crime.....Those muslims who are ignorant about islam, doesn't it mean you pick there example as torch to extinguish the light of Islam.... don't look the worms who are orbiting around the candle, see the candle and its light.....
    I don't believe you.
    Truth is always hard to believe...
    Are you saying that God intended for women not to attract men? Did God intend for women to be forced to marry men they do not know or want?
    A women is garland of chastity, modesty and decency.... She is beautiful in this form, If her education removes this garland from her body... Then her body can dim the light in the society.... See around... Look in commercial, look in films..... How she is butchered in the name of freedom and who is butchering her-- the same man who torches her freedom as source to fill his desires.... Like i said, you can't see because you don't believe in God, the source of ultimate wisdom...
    Also, I know many Muslims who chase blondes. That is hypocrisy.
    ... you know ignorance because ignorance leads to ignorance.... It is same i say, I know some of atheists/agnostic swho chase ignorance.... I would be great dishonest in blaming the society of atheist for crime of just one or two ignorant atheists..... That's what you do in the name of justice... See muslim are human.... They aren't angels.... They also can be corrupted by worldly desires... It isn't because of Islam, it is because they lack true spirit of islam.... They prefer their desires than of Islma...
    Dude, fairy-stories written by an acknowledged paedophile do not constitute 'revelation'. It simply sets a precedent for acceptable filth.
    You create your own stories---your own beliefs which torches your own reasons to believe, what you prefer to believe.... No one will know, you with your revelations ever existed on earth.... The doctrine that all things came out of non intelligence is in complete balance with the savagery of the folks who created the orthodox creeds. No educated men ever believed in this dogma...This dogma is as cruel as the hunger of hyenas....you cling to the dogma because it seemed a necessary excuse for your existence.....
    Your mind is closed and locked by Quran and the key is lost. You are in a mental prison.
    Your mind is closed and locked by your desires.... The keys isn't lost because you are the key to this slavery... You submit to these desires....
    The sad part is that you are happy to be a prisoner.

In old times, when people were also wild animals , it was natural enough for them to believe in mythology.... but i don't know what makes people to believe in mythology in modern times.... like the materialistic evolution

• Advertisement

dead one wrote: »
    f
    Now why oven:confused::confused::confused:... Why not an open source like sun with raw energy?--- "More conventional ovens have a simple thermostat which turns the oven on and off and selects the temperature at which it will operate".... See, every your point is proving existence of God..... :)
    No it doesn't, it proves the existence of companies that manufacture ovens.
    Raw energy can't give the qualified complicated information in absolute things. Directionless energy just speeds up destruction...like sitting in the sun will not make you more complicated —the human mass misses the methods to control raw solar energy. If you sat in the sun long time , your skin would get diseases like cancer etc, because the directionless energy of sun will create mutations ...Same as , directionless energy run through an asserted primordial soup will fall to pieces the complicated atoms of life faster than they are formed.
    :rolleyes:

One word for you, photosynthesis.
    i have no problem if you call this development as evolution.... I have problem when you explain evolution in terms of your religious beliefs.... That is, chance is present behind evolution....
    According to materialistic evolution the billion and billion of kinds in the world all arose from a huge, huge sequence of aimless events. It started with aimless events that somehow arranged the first living cell. And these aimless events started to create different shapes of cells, herbs , multicellular forms, amphibians, fish, mammals, reptiles and so forth---- From a spiritless hot little pond, redwood trees,humans, lions, and were all produced by a huge series random , aimless events (for example mutations) that just occurred to happen for no main reason ......The human kind just appeared to arise...... Lucretius (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucretius) believed it from Mother Earth and materialistic evolutionists believe it from mutations......like way it is a circumlocution for blind chance. And as with modern materialistic evolutionary theory, Lucretius honestly was not on the side of science, but on the side of religion. Is it not obvious that this faulty and not valuable world must have come out on its own: Materialistic evolution is a myth
    Even the ancient greeks did not bring a lot of merchandise in their Zeus myths. Unfortunately materialistic evolutionists really believe their superstition.

Still not understanding science I see. just because something isn't mentioned in your holy book, doesn't make it a myth. If that were the case, Ireland is a myth, as are cars, televisions and even our interaction on this thread.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It is scientific to believe that all living things came out from a intelligent source.... See, scientific inventions there is intelligence behind.... Is there any scientific device which is result of non-intelligence....
    Again, it requires to be stated that not a single aspect of materialistic evolution has ever been noticed and yet such impossible notions are displayed as a fact to innocent mind in public schools.... Disturbing indeed..... Where on the other hand, there million of examples of design in nature...both in herbs and animal....that help to show this foolish idea that everything somehow created aimlessly with no orginator...
    You say everthing needs a creator yet you contradict yourself by saying god created everthing, and god needed no creator.
    ignorance isn't crime.....Those muslims who are ignorant about islam, doesn't it mean you pick there example as torch to extinguish the light of Islam.... don't look the worms who are orbiting around the candle, see the candle and its light.....
    You have made many statements on this site that view women as something to be controlled, so don't act like islam doesn't treat women as second class people.
    A women is garland of chastity, modesty and decency.... She is beautiful in this form, If her education removes this garland from her body... Then her body can dim the light in the society.... See around... Look in commercial, look in films..... How she is butchered in the name of freedom and who is butchering her-- the same man who torches her freedom as source to fill his desires.... Like i said, you can't see because you don't believe in God, the source of ultimate wisdom...
    More of your negative attitude to women:rolleyes: They're not fecking china dolls to be put on the mantle to be admired, they're human beings!!!
    ... you know ignorance because ignorance leads to ignorance.... It is same i say, I know some of atheists/agnostic swho chase ignorance.... I would be great dishonest in blaming the society of atheist for crime of just one or two ignorant atheists..... That's what you do in the name of justice... See muslim are human.... They aren't angels.... They also can be corrupted by worldly desires... It isn't because of Islam, it is because they lack true spirit of islam.... They prefer their desires than of Islma...
    yeah, because no one has ever been put to death because of the laws of Islam. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    You create your own stories---your own beliefs which torches your own reasons to believe, what you prefer to believe.... No one will know, you with your revelations ever existed on earth.... The doctrine that all things came out of non intelligence is in complete balance with the savagery of the folks who created the orthodox creeds. No educated men ever believed in this dogma...This dogma is as cruel as the hunger of hyenas....you cling to the dogma because it seemed a necessary excuse for your existence.....
    :rolleyes:

Science isn't a religion. Please let that sink into that skull of yours. Just because you have religious myths that attempt to explain the origins of things, doesn't mean every other idea has to be labelled a religious idea.
    In old times, when people were also wild animals , it was natural enough for them to believe in mythology.... but i don't know what makes people to believe in mythology in modern times.... like the materialistic evolution
    You don't even try to understand what science is, do you? :(:(

If you can read this, you're too close!

A women is garland of chastity, modesty and decency.... She is beautiful in this form, If her education removes this garland from her body... Then her body can dim the light in the society....
    I see what you mean! Best to burn the school and threaten to murder the students:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1541561/Taliban-campaign-targets-girls-schools.html
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/28/taliban-takes-battle-to-schools/?page=all#pagebreak
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7543559.stm

Can't have girls going around educating themselves in case they develop minds of their own, eh?

koth wrote: »
    No it doesn't, it proves the existence of companies that manufacture ovens.
    So, i am happy you didn't say, ovens came out of nothing.... Or ovens are result of chances..... or the companies which create oven randomly appear in time and space ..... Don't you see, intelligence behind ovens... open your eyeseek.gif and roll your eyesrolleyes.gif
    One word for you, photosynthesis.
    herbs use photosynthesis to convert the raw sun energy into usable, storable forms (e.g., proteins),
    photosynthesis is itself a complex chemical process--- It's like built-in programs (software)--- Who writes these built in software to process necessary information for life--- you believe it is in non-intelligence source--- which contradicts science? .... and it is greatest mythology--- Evolution is a modern-day myth. No good than Zeus up in the sky, throwing down lightning bolts.....
    Still not understanding science I see. just because something isn't mentioned in your holy book, doesn't make it a myth. If that were the case, Ireland is a myth, as are cars, televisions and even our interaction on this thread.rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif
    Science is result of intelligence of human brain..... That's what science suggest.... Now tell what is difficulty in understanding this easy science.....That is the same science which you aren't applying on living things... If you apply this science in broader term you will get the intelligence of God...
    You say everthing needs a creator yet you contradict yourself by saying god created everthing, and god needed no creator.
    creation needs creator... everything in the universe is creation, so it scientific to believe in creator.... You believe in non-intelligence creator which is greater myth...... you believe in non-intelligent god, we believe in intelligent god.... So, where is difference, you make yourself more intelligent than your creator/maker(chances/accidents/materialistic evolutions)... We don't think that we are intelligent than our creator... That's the philosophy whether you admit or not...
    You have made many statements on this site that view women as something to be controlled, so don't act like islam doesn't treat women as second class people.
    No, that not true... A man as a head , should control his family from evils.... If his son violates justice, then he should guide/control him, if his daughters violates the same laws, then he should guide/control him... That's what i have posted in different article.... Suppose, daughter dates with strange men and violate the dignity and honor of family system... then the girl should be controlled.... Suppose son dates with strange women and violates the dignity and honor of family system.... then the son should be control..... Who is in charge, the man.... because he more responsible than of a women toward family affairs... i hope you will get the point...
    More of your negative attitude to womenrolleyes.gif They're not fecking china dolls to be put on the mantle to be admired, they're human beings!!!
    You can't see what is negative or what is positive in corruption...

Science isn't a religion. Please let that sink into that skull of yours. Just because you have religious myths that attempt to explain the origins of things, doesn't mean every other idea has to be labelled a religious idea.
    Yes i agree Science isn't a religion but when you put venom of your beliefs into pot of sciences then it becomes a religion.... Like materialistic evolutions..

robindch wrote: »
    I see what you mean! Best to burn the school and threaten to murder the students:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1541561/Taliban-campaign-targets-girls-schools.html
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/28/taliban-takes-battle-to-schools/?page=all#pagebreak
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7543559.stm

Can't have girls going around educating themselves in case they develop minds of their own, eh?
    ignorance isn't bliss, robindch..... Majority of taliban are uneducated, they learn what they have been taught in the name of religion....... Taliban attitude towards education of women is cultutural issue....... Because they grow in a culture which is hostile towards women.... It isn't because of Islam..... It is because of their culture.... You can't blame islam for their ignorance and by no way they are representatives of Islam that you should pick their example......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Bill's rant at 3:55 is hilarious

YtFVS.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

ignorance isn't bliss, robindch..... Majority of taliban are uneducated, they learn what they have been taught in the name of religion....... Taliban attitude towards education of women is cultutural issue....... Because they grow in a culture which is hostile towards women.... It isn't because of Islam..... It is because of their culture.... You can't blame islam for their ignorance and by no way they are representatives of Islam that you should pick their example......
    It's curious though, because countries that undergo an Islamic revolution typically move backwards (see Iran for example) in terms of rights for women. Is a cultural problem in Iran as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

i have no problem if you call this development as evolution.... I have problem when you explain evolution in terms of your religious beliefs....
    Most ironic post on Boards.ie this year?

Because they grow in a culture which is hostile towards women.
    And your nasty attitude isn't hostile to women? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

No, that not true... A man as a head , should control his family from evils.... If his son violates justice, then he should guide/control him, if his daughters violates the same laws, then he should guide/control him... That's what i have posted in different article.... Suppose, daughter dates with strange men and violate the dignity and honor of family system... then the girl should be controlled.... Suppose son dates with strange women and violates the dignity and honor of family system.... then the son should be control..... Who is in charge, the man.... because he more responsible than of a women toward family affairs... i hope you will get the point...

Oh ok.
    Women aren't second-class citizens, they're just not in charge because they can't be trusted with equal responsibility.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

• Advertisement

So, i am happy you didn't say, ovens came out of nothing.... Or ovens are result of chances..... or the companies which create oven randomly appear in time and space ..... Don't you see, intelligence behind ovens... open your eyeseek.gif and roll your eyesrolleyes.gif
    Yes, human intelligence. anything else is just nonsense.
    herbs use photosynthesis to convert the raw sun energy into usable, storable forms (e.g., proteins),
    photosynthesis is itself a complex chemical process--- It's like built-in programs (software)--- Who writes these built in software to process necessary information for life--- you believe it is in non-intelligence source--- which contradicts science? .... and it is greatest mythology--- Evolution is a modern-day myth. No good than Zeus up in the sky, throwing down lightning bolts.....
    Nope, to the best of knowledge, my dismissing creationism doesn't contradict science. If anything, creationism contradicts science.
    Science is result of intelligence of human brain..... That's what science suggest.... Now tell what is difficulty in understanding this easy science.....That is the same science which you aren't applying on living things... If you apply this science in broader term you will get the intelligence of God...
    so because I support the idea of evolution, I'm not apply scientific knowledge to the living world? yeah, it's way more scientific to believe an all powerful being that needed no creator, created everything :rolleyes:
    creation needs creator... everything in the universe is creation, so it scientific to believe in creator.... You believe in non-intelligence creator which is greater myth...... you believe in non-intelligent god, we believe in intelligent god.... So, where is difference, you make yourself more intelligent than your creator/maker(chances/accidents/materialistic evolutions)... We don't think that we are intelligent than our creator... That's the philosophy whether you admit or not...
    everything needs a creator, except god. Congratulations on disproving your own creationist viewpoint ;)
    yep, I see that you agree with my assertion that you believe women are to be controlled. You say that men should do the controlling, so therefore women are to be controlled.
    Yes i agree Science isn't a religion but when you put venom of your beliefs into pot of sciences then it becomes a religion.... Like materialistic evolutions..

You say that science isn't a religion and then say that evolution is a religion. So you don't agree that science isn't a religion by your own words.

If you can read this, you're too close!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement