Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

koth wrote: »
    I've had enough of your lies about me ... so come on and tell us all where exactly your posted video addresses Young Earth Creationism?
    Time reference please?

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    Evolution has been peer-reviewed by Creation Scientists ... and Evolutionists separately ... but I am proposing that it be jointly peer-reviewed by them.

koth
    why??
    ... chicken ... you really ARE scared by the prospect of some robust peer review of the wilder claims of Evolutionism!!!!:D

... so that's why all those young atheists came to the Creation Museum ... laughing nervously ... as they studied the exhibits.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

stop sidestepping JC!

young and old earth creationism both require the possibility of a creator... therefore by addressing the creator topic the video addresses both...

duh!:pac:

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

J C wrote: »
    I've had enough of your lies about me ... so come on and tell us all where exactly your posted video addresses Young Earth Creationism?
    Time reference please?

Well you do yourself no favours when you avoid answering the post I've linked to multiple times.

You clearly haven't read the post I've linked to, or you wouldn't have to ask where in the video it addresses creationism.

Let's try this one more time.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Doc_Savage wrote: »
    stop sidestepping JC!

young and old earth creationism both require the possibility of a creator... therefore by addressing the creator topic the video addresses both...

duh!:pac:
    I disagree with Theistic Evolutionists even more than I do with the Materialists ... they have all of the scientific error of Materialistic Evolutionists ... and more!!!

... so where exactly does the video say anything with which I would disagree with, as a Young Earth Creationist???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

I disagree with Theistic Evolutionists even more than I do with the Materialists ... they have all of the scientific error of Materialistic Evolutionists ... and more!!!

... so where exactly does the video say anything with which I would disagree with, as a Young Earth Creationist???

not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg.pagespeed.ce.JusRwpWfJe.jpg

Well you do yourself no favours when you avoid answering the post I've linked to multiple times.

You clearly haven't read the post I've linked to, or you wouldn't have to ask where in the video it addresses creationism.

Let's try this one more time.
    Its your posted video ... and I am in agreement with much of what the young lady featured in it has to say about Theistic Evolutionists.

What more can I say ... except that you need to remove that 'buckshot' from your foot ... but you will need to take the foot out of your mouth first!!!!:eek::):D

... chicken ... you really ARE scared by the prospect of some robust peer review of the wilder claims of Evolutionism!!!!:D
    Its your posted video ... and I am in agreement with much of what the young lady featured in it has to say about Theistic Evolutionists.

What more can I say ... except that you need to remove that 'buckshot' from your foot ... but you will need to take the foot out of your mouth first!!!!:eek::):D

name-calling and evasive, but still no response.

Maybe now you'll address this post

name-calling and evasive, but still no response.
    Typical Evolutionist carry-on on this thread!!!

Typical Evolutionist carry-on on this thread!!!

In your own good time, JC ;)

• Advertisement

Please tell us all exactly where your posted video addresses Young Earth Creationism? ... and I'll be happy to comment on it.
    Time reference please?

Please tell us all exactlywhere your posted video addresses Young Earth Creationism? ... and I'll be happy to comment on it.
    Time reference please?

So, I've posted the link around 10 times, and you haven't even read it? :(

Read the post and you'll see where the video addresses creationism

Nowhere in the video did she say she addressing a subset of creationists. That is you just injecting some wishful thinking in an attempt to twist the meaning of the video to suit your point of view.
    ... she didn't address any Young Earth Creationists ... she addressed Theist Evolutionists/Big Bangers
    You only had to watch the first 2 minutes to see what the video set out to address.
    I watched 'the whole nine yards'!!!
    I'll even list it for you.

1. whatever begins to exist has a cause
    2. the universe began to exist
    3. therefore the universe has a cause and that cause is god.

Nothing else is addressed, nor is it modified to only address a subset of creationists. Feel free to try and explain how the video doesn't apply to you.

The video addresses the whole foundation of your creationist myth, and you don't even have the good manners to address it?
    ... like I have already said, her alternative to 1, 2 and 3 above is 'multiverses' and 'Nothing blowing up to produce Everything'.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Just think of it as renewing old friendships!!!!:)
    Little or no chance of that -- I don't know any real scientists who hang around with creationists.

As I said above, why would a productive, decent member of society who's spending their life making a genuine contribution to the sum total of human knowledge want to appear in public alongside some dumbass creationist who's been programmed to believe that people who accept evolutionary explanations for the diversity of life are actually trying to feed human beings into gas chambers (as Ben Stein implied)?

robindch wrote: »
    Little or no chance of that -- I don't know any real scientists who hang around with creationists.

As I said above, why would a productive, decent member of society who's spending their life making a genuine contribution to the sum total of human knowledge want to appear in public alongside some dumbass creationist who's been programmed to believe that people who accept evolutionary explanations for the diversity of life are actually trying to feed human beings into gas chambers (as Ben Stein implied)?
    I interact scientifically every day with Evolutionists ... and they work for me ... no problem ... and with mutual respect all around.

Creationist Christians and Jews are also productive, decent members of society ... as indeed are Evolutionists.
    Your bigoted views of Creationists doesn't become you, Robin.:(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Your bigoted views of Creationists doesn't become you
    Uh, are you saying that you now disagree with Mr Stein's implication that accepting evolution (as a plausible explanation for the diversity of earth's life) leads directly to gas chambers?

robindch wrote: »
    Uh, are you saying that you now disagree with Mr Stein's implication that accepting evolution (as a plausible explanation for the diversity of earth's life) leads directly to gas chambers?
    A belief in Evolution doesn't lead directly to gas chambers.
    That was due to old-fashioned racism ... but calling whole groups of people liars and 'dumbasses' and not employing them because of their beliefs was one of the ways that the Nazis 'softened-up' public opinion againt the Jews and other minorities ... and created the environment that allowed the holocaust to happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

Sarky wrote: »
    Here I am trying to help you out,
    You are trying to help me out to believe what you believe... Suppose i believe what you want me to believe, will it remove the existence of God, will it change the God even if he exists...
    and you respond with glib dismissal. If I didn't know better I'd think you wanted people to repeatedly show you that you don't know what you're talking about. That kind of desire for humiliation is pretty kinky, even by decadent western standards.
    my response doesn't match with your hyphothesis so, it is natural for you to believe it glib dismissal...
    Close enough, I suppose. You're still ignoring the thousands of other factors that would bias the "chance" element.
    ah!!!! thousands of factors--- If thousands of factor can work on earth, then why not on other planets like Mars--- Like titan--- materialistic evolution has honestly nothing to do with science, but on the other hand, it is a religion of materialistic beliefs....
    Here are some points, if you leave your arrogance behind...

a. scientific research with all of its history can't explain, living things have never created/emerged from non-living matter. Materialistic Evolutionists deemed the unscientific trust that this is thinkable as the first stage of materialistic evolution, but they cannot prove it can happen.
    b. genealogical complex things have never formed from nothing....This is just believed by evolutionists to be accessible...
    c. No singular-cellular organism has ever changed into a multi- cellular organisms. materialistic Evolutionists strongly believe this can is possible as the second stage of evolution, on the other hand the fact that it has never been noticed in the history of scientific research.
    d. No creature has ever produce something that was a unlike of organism than itself.
    e. poikilothermic animal can't give birth to a homeothermic animal, still it is believed by materialistic evolution like fish changed to mammal, lizard to bird...
    f. herbs have been around since the origin of life, with all the theories of materialistic evolution... they haven't evolved intelligence.
    g. There are no chances of herbs changing into animals.
    h. Every king of animal has two sex required for reproduction. How this mechanism could have aimlessly turned from cell division,
    It was a bunch of chemicals in a box with occasional lightning strikes. There was nothing intelligent about the conditions. If you bother to read the results of the experiment, you'll see that.
    why these bunch of chemicals started their work on earth-- why not on Mars-
    Miller thought that the beginning earth’s environment was very contrary from today. He build his initial chemical mixture on the conjecture that the early earth had a decreasing atmosphere (an atmosphere that have no free oxygen). Why did other materialistic evolutionists and Miller thought there was no free oxygen in earth’s early environment? today it is known biological molecules are annihilated in the company of oxygen, making it difficult for life to evolve.
    Oxygen is a lethal gas to those organic and inorganic materials that have not evolved protection against it..... So inorder to overcome this problem materialistic evolutionists suggest that earth’s early atmosphere hadnot any freestanding oxygen. Ask to yourself professor Sarky "“Is there any evidence to support this claim?” There is no scientific evidence that says planet ever had a non-oxygen atmosphere......

If we were to follow the materialistic evolutionists’ claim of no oxygen in the early atmosphere, another huge problem arises. Since the ozone is build of oxygen, it would not exist; and the dangerous rays from the sun would finish off any biological molecules. This asserts a difficult situation for the evolution to example . If there was oxygen, spirit could not begin . If there was no oxygen, spirit could not start. ..... when i use the word spirit it means life as general.... professor-- professor--:eek:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22_(logic)
    Fossil records, geological records, analysis of deep ice from the polar regions... There are plenty of sources to work it out.
    Do fossil record, geological records, analysis of deep icy fresh hell, suggest that there was no oxygen in everly earth's atmosphere.... in 1950 when technology wasn't so advance.....
    He probably didn't manage to create the 20 or so observed in organic life, but he didn't exactly have a few hundred million years, so I'd say getting even a few amino acids in the short time the experiment ran is pretty good going for the random chance you think is impossible.
    ignorance isn't crime, sarky....The experiment of Millah (all related experiments since then) unsuccessful to create even a single biological protein by purely naturalistic processes. .... See, Sarky, Creating amino acids is not the hard part. The difficult stage is getting the true type and organization of amino acids.....amino acids have over 2,000 types, but only 20 are process in life. Furthe, the molecules that build each amino acid are arranged in two basic shapes.These are left-handed and right-handed
    Chirality_with_hands.jpg
    Two enantiomers of a generic amino acid
    Read this link for further detail
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chirality_(chemistry)
    match them to man's hands. one hand has the same components (four fingers and a thumb), yet they are different...The thumbs are at different places......
    Similar to our hands, amino acids have two shapes. They are madeup of the exact atoms (components) but are like mirror images of each other, called left-handed amino acids and right-handed amino acids....... The general idea portrayed by these books and media is that Millar with other experiment were true in creating the amino acids essential for life. but, they fail to tell that what they had actually created was a mixture of left- and right-handed amino acids... material scientist Scientists still don't have any idea why biological proteins use only left-handed amino acids.
    Another rookie mistake, and one that has been covered in loads of videos in this thread. Fully fledged genes and chromosomes did not suddenly appear. Suggesting otherwise is stupid. I'm not going to bother explaining why because there must be a hundred videos in this thread that do it already
    You can't explain because you put trust on theories... All right, give me the links of videos.... So that i can see, what you got, in your videos...
    From halfway down the first page of this paper's introduction:
    Sarky, the link is working at my place, don't ask where i live...its a hell hole..
    Well crap, I guess God wasn't so hard to figure out after all.
    You also completely ignored the link I put up about Adrian Thompson, didn't you?
    The link which you gave show intelligence behind evolution not non-intelligence behind evolution.....
    Yes, it can. Do you think if you ignore the truth hard enough Allah will suddenly appear and say it was him all along?
    Allah created things using science
    The Quranic account of creation is in balance with modern scientific thought about the development of the universe and life on earth. We believe that life developed over a long period of time, but see God's power behind it all.....
    The Qur'an tells that God "made from water every living thing" (21:30). Another verse tells how "God has created every animal from water. Of them are some that creep on their bellies, some that walk on two legs, and some that walk on four. God creates what He wills, for truly Allah has power over all things" (24:45). These verses support the scientific theory that life began in the Earth's oceans.
    http://islam.about.com/od/creation/a/creation_2.htm
    I was asking you to stop the threats because they make you look childish and stupid. I don't want you to look childish and stupid. I want a conversation with an adult capable of acting like a civilised human being for five minutes. It would be a nice bonus if you were able to admit you're wrong when people call you on it, but I'll make do with civilised.
    Honestly, sarky you look more childish, when you utter vioces like baby...
    See,
    Dead one: Is there intelligence present behind evolution
    professor sarky: Peeep, Peeepp, gheeee,,,
    Dead one: How life started as chance
    Professor sarky: naaaa, naaa ,gaaaa, gaaa
    :)
    No civilized/educated man will believe in your dogmas... That life came out of nothing.... This doctrine is cruel as hunger of hyenas...
    And again, evolution IS science. I'll just say that again in big letters in case you decide to ignore it. EVOLUTION IS SCIENCE. It is a conclusion based on observing massive amounts of evidence. Its models have been INVALUABLE in modern medicine and biology. Again, you're ignoring everything I said. Why are you so determined to remain ignorant of the world around you? Are you just going to hold on to your superstitions and bigotry to the bitter end because you're afraid to see the world for what it really is?
    and again, yes evolution is science, and yes i'll just say that again in big letters.... EVOLUTION IS SCIENCE. .... I am 100% agree... But i disagree with your materialistic belief to make science a religion---a mockery....... Evolution is science not your materialistic beliefs ..... Science has nothing to do with you materialistic belifs.... Wasted beliefs, wasted life, wasted time.... may be i will see you soon...... See God's power behind present behind evolution which is more logical/scientific

dead one wrote: »

ah!!!! thousands of factors--- If thousands of factor can work on earth, then why not on other planets like Mars--- Like titan--- materialistic evolution has honestly nothing to do with science, but on the other hand, it is a religion of materialistic beliefs....
    and again, yes evolution is science, and yes i'll just say that again in big letters.... EVOLUTION IS SCIENCE. .... I am 100% agree... But i disagree with your materialistic belief to make science a religion---a mockery....... Evolution is science not your materialistic beliefs ..... Science has nothing to do with you materialistic belifs.... Wasted beliefs, wasted life, wasted time.... may be i will see you soon...... See God's power behind present behind evolution which is more logical/scientific

so which is it? Is evolution science or not?

so which is it? Is evolution science or not?
    Originally Posted by dead one viewpost.gif

ah!!!! thousands of factors--- If thousands of factor can work on earth, then why not on other planets like Mars--- :);)materialistic;):) evolution has honestly nothing to do with science, but on the other hand, it is a religion of materialistic beliefs....
    materialistic evolution has nothing to do with science.... i

• Advertisement

Let's see if we've made any progess.
    ... she didn't address any Young Earth Creationists ... she addressed Theist Evolutionists/Big Bangers
    Thats false, as I've stated before. So you either didn't watch the video or didn't understand it.
    I watched 'the whole nine yards'!!!
    Didn't understand it is then.
    ... like I have already said, her alternative to 1, 2 and 3 above is 'multiverses' and 'Nothing blowing up to produce Everything' ... pretty poor alternative explanations, if you ask me!!!:)

So, you haven't addressed the post still. You have attempted to distort what the video is saying, and said that some of the theories are poor alternatives.

You still haven't addressed the point that the video was making, which is show that god is the creator of everything.

Care to try address the post? Or do we have to run around the hills for another two days?

materialistic evolution has nothing to do with science.... i
    [/I]

ok, so you lied to Sarky when you stated that evolution is science.

ok, so you lied to Sarky when you stated that evolution is science.
    why should i, should i?? i believe evolution as general development of life into stages......

SO you cheated by not boding the word "materialistic" :)
    Originally Posted by dead one viewpost.gif

what makes you do that, isn't it your belief in materialistic evolution

why should i, should i?? i believe evolution as general development of life into stages......

SO you cheated by not boding the word "materialistic" :)
    what makes you do that, isn't it your belief in materialistic evolution

[/I]

You said in one sentence "materialisitic evolution isn't science" and in another, "evolution is science".

That is a contradiction, so one of those statements has to be untrue, which is why I'm saying you lied to Sarky. Because both of those statements can't be true.

You said in one sentence "materialisitic evolution isn't science" and in another, "evolution is science".

That is a contradiction, so one of those statements has to be untrue, which is why I'm saying you lied to Sarky. Because both of those statements can't be true.
    NO, that's not contradiction, because it is ignorance which is leading you towards contradiction.... See, if you explain evolution in terms of materialism ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism ) then it ceases to be science... It becomes a religion with materialist beliefs....... on the other hand i agree general idea of evolution as science

NO, that's not contradiction, because it is ignorance which is leading you towards contradiction.... See, if you explain evolution in terms of materialism ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism ) then it ceases to be science... It becomes a religion with materialist beliefs....... on the other hand i agree general idea of evolution as science

You are just proving my point, unless you want to display some evidence that the ghost of christmas past is involved in evolution.

Unless you can provide an explanation as to how materialistic evolution differs from evolution without the materialistic tag, then you are indeed guilty of lying.

You are just proving my point, unless you want to display some evidence that the ghost of christmas past is involved in evolution.
    Unless you can provide an explanation as to how materialistic evolution differs from evolution without the materialistic tag, then you are indeed guilty of lying.
    what's you point, that i am lying--- i have cleared you that i believe evolution as general idea of development of life into stages and i believe God's power behind evolution--- right.... You see, material belief behind evolution that's how it differs......

See, you are blaming me of lying....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial :)

what's you point, that i am lying--- i have cleared you that i believe evolution as general idea of development of life into stages and i believe God's power behind evolution--- right.... You see, material belief behind evolution that's how it differs......

See, you are blaming me of lying....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial :)

Ok, now I get you, you don't understand evolution. So you weren't lying, you just don't understand what evolution is.

Evolution has nothing to do with god, it's just science. Now if you want to talk about origins of life, then we are into the realm of abiogenesis.

So to clear up, I'm not in denial, I just presumed (wrongly) that you understood what evolution actually pertains to.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,656 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ok, now I get you, you don't understand evolution. So you weren't lying, you just don't understand what evolution is.

Evolution has nothing to do with god, it's just science. Now if you want to talk about origins of life, then we are into the realm of abiogenesis.

So to clear up, I'm not in denial, I just presumed (wrongly) that you understood what evolution actually pertains to.

It's quite simple, koth:

Evolution = Science
    Materialistic Evolution = Science which falls in line with his own materialistic/religious beliefs by discounting anything which is in conflict with those beliefs

• Advertisement

Barrington wrote: »
    It's quite simple, koth:

Evolution = Science
    Materialistic Evolution = Science which falls in line with his own materialistic/religious beliefs by discounting anything which is in conflict with those beliefs

No wonder I was confused.

So if I say no to the idea of a human giving birth to a dodo, I'm in the materialistic evolution camp?

Thats a whole new level of silliness :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement