Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

robindch wrote: »
    Here's a deal -- you keep your deceitful drivel out of schools and I won't go to your church.
    What about that for persecution of the 90% by the 10%! .
    ... nobody will ever forcefully teach you Creationism ... so, could ye return the favour, and stop forcefully teaching Evolution !!!:)

... live and let live.
    Evolutionists: nine times stronger than creationists!
    ... but nobody believes the Evolutionists ... except themselves.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

So are you going to apologise for all the lies you posted so far? I mean, live and let live is much easier with a clean slate, after all. Hey, I'll even apologise for hurting your feelings whenever I called bullsh*t on the untrue stuff you posted. Can't say fairer than that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

J C wrote: »
    ... live and let live.
    I don't see why anybody should tolerate liars :)

So, anyway, are you going to tell us who you are so we can check up on this qualification you claim to have?

Remember that this Jesus guy died for you -- are you going to try to be even an eensy-weensy bit brave yourself? Go on, I know you really want to be!!!

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

koth wrote: »

Now on to the "creationism is fact" claim. Please explain to me what evidence you have of this. Just because it's your religious belief, doesn't give you the right to make up your "science". I've put science in quotes because creationism doesn't meet even the most basic requirements of scientific investigation.

Please answer this, JC.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

... but nobody believes the Evolutionists ... except themselves.:)
    What a ridiculous thing to say. Likewise is true for creationists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Anyone up for some bingo?

IABingo_0-614x700.jpg?f22064

Sarky wrote: »
    So are you going to apologise for all the lies you posted so far? I mean, live and let live is much easier with a clean slate, after all. Hey, I'll even apologise for hurting your feelings whenever I called bullsh*t on the untrue stuff you posted. Can't say fairer than that.
    I always speak the truth.
    Ye are the guys telling lies about me.
    Ye have never hurt my feelings ... because I know what I post is true.

I don't see why anybody should tolerate liars :)
    I tolerate ye guys!!!!:)
    So, anyway, are you going to tell us who you are so we can check up on this qualification you claim to have?

Remember that this Jesus guy died for you -- are you going to try to be even an eensy-weensy bit brave yourself? Go on, I know you really want to be!!!
    I am brave ... but not foolhardy.

I look forward to the day when Creation Scientists can openly pursue their science without fear of discrimination ... but until that day, Creation Scientists have a love that dares not speak it's name!!!

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C

... but nobody believes the Evolutionists ... except themselves

shizz
    What a ridiculous thing to say. Likewise is true for creationists.
    I meant that only 10% of the American population believe in Materialistic Evolution ... even though every American has been thoroughly 'immersed' in evolutionist mythology in school and in the mass media, from the day that they are born.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Mr. Boo

In order to openly pursue this pseudo-science, you will require evidence of your claims. As you are against "materialistic science" (which I gather is that which offers measurable evidence of hypotheses tested), you will need a raft of new instruments and methods. Perhaps a special camera which shows how much of the holy spirit is in some one; or a new type of radiometric dating (with results indicated through divine visions?) which measures how long ago jesus planted a dinosaur skeleton in the ground.

Or else stop calling it science.

• Advertisement

every American has been thoroughly 'immersed' in evolutionist mythology in school and in the mass media, from the day that they are born.

Today's spurious claim; sponsored by the letter g.

Mr. Boo wrote: »
    In order to openly pursue this pseudo-science, you will require evidence of your claims. As you are against "materialistic science" (which I gather is that which offers measurable evidence of hypotheses tested), you will need a raft of new instruments and methods. Perhaps a special camera which shows how much of the holy spirit is in some one; or a new type of radiometric dating (with results indicated through divine visions?) which measures how long ago jesus planted a dinosaur skeleton in the ground.
    Strong words from somebody who believes in the magic powers of muck to spontaneously morph into man.
    Or else stop calling it science.
    ... you should take your own advice ... and stop calling Evolutionist stories 'science'!!!

Today's spurious claim; sponsored by the letter g.
    Nothing spurious about it ... its the truth, my friend ... and you know it.

There has been no mention of evolution involving the spontaneous morphing of anything into anything else.

The story of jaysus morphing water into wine so the party could continue, is just a story. The story of one entity morphing into three is just a story. Creation myths are symbolic stories. This is what creationists miss out on completely. Oral tradition - turned haphazard transcription - turned science? Your whole argument is a joke jc. Based on stories told by men to keep their children well behaved and their wives under the yoke of male oppression. It is not a textbook to be referenced as fact, but a code to live by which is at times admirable, bigoted, naive, ill-informed....it is the word of man.

We can observe evolution over generations through the retention of favourable characteristics and the loss of detrimental traits. We can influence mechanisms of evolution through molecular science, selective breeding, etc. We can explore the fossil record. We can calculate the scale and age of the universe.

No matter what man tries to do, in order to further his own knowledge, you google until you can find a few hypotheses that were unmeasurable or inconclusive, or that you didn't understand yourself, and call it proof of your yawnsome, circular and lazy stories.

You say, "bunkum. God is real. He created a rather short list of stuff (and all the rest). His son walked on water. You want proof? He is god. He can do anything........I'm being treated like a jew under the nazis"? Please.

every American has been thoroughly 'immersed' in evolutionist mythology in school and in the mass media, from the day that they are born.

It's the truth, and I know it?

It is a statement that in its very wording cannot be true.

I always speak the truth.
    Ye are the guys telling lies about me.
    Ye have never hurt my feelings ... because I know what I post is true.

That's at least 3 more lies right there. I think you're completely divorced from reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

"Those who have not read the first 60 pages, are doomed to repeat them..."

- Winston Churchill

"Those who have not read the first 60 pages, are doomed to repeat them..."

- Winston Churchill

I'm not even sure why I care tbh. Nothing anyone says leaves a dent in these glassy-eyed beliefs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I tolerate ye guys!!!!:)

I am brave ... but not foolhardy.

I look forward to the day when Creation Scientists can openly pursue their science without fear of discrimination ... but until that day Creation Scientists have a love that dares not speak it's name!!!

There is no such thing as a creation scientist. There are scientists, and creationists.

The reason they are called scientists, is because the pursue truth based on fact. Evolution is a fact. Creationism, is not.

I'm just morbidly curious at this stage: just how long can J C keep lying to himself with a straight face?

Is he a troll who missed the opportunity to tear off his mask and shout "AHA!" And just keeps peddling the same old bullsh*t in the vain hope the moment will come round again? Part of me likes to think that when he posts something particularly retarded.

It's just fascinating in the same way the riots in London were.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote: »
    I'm just morbidly curious at this stage: just how long can J C keep lying to himself with a straight face?

Is he a troll who missed the opportunity to tear off his mark and shout "AHA!" And just keeps peddling the same old bullsh*t in the vain hope the moment will come round again? Part of me likes to think that when he posts something particularly retarded.

It's just fascinating in the same way the riots in London were.

I think you've hit the nail there. It's like some existential novella without a reveal. Are we dead now?

If we are, then J C must be pretty pissed off; either we got into heaven or he got sent to hell.

... but until that day, Creation Scientists have a love that dares not speak it's name!!!
    I'm sure I just heard baby Jesus shed a tear!

I suspect baby jebus is suffering massive dehydration from all of J C's rampant dishonesty.

You say, "bunkum. God is real. He created a rather short list of stuff (and all the rest). His son walked on water. You want proof? He is god. He can do anything........I'm being treated like a jew under the nazis"? Please.
    ... and ye guys say everything spontaneously created itself ... out of nothing ...
    If I believe in Divine miracles ... at least a Divine Agent has the theoretical and practical capacity to do so ...
    Ye guys believe in Materialistic Miracles ... which is an oxymoron!!!

... and ye pride yourselves on your 'skepticism' ... which only seems to extend to anything to do with God ... because ye swallow stories about Evolution that even the Brothers Grimm would be too ashamed to write!!:)

... stories like the one about the frog that turned into a prince ... over millions of years ...
    ... or how about the one about the 'glorified rat' that turned into a Human ... and a rat ... over millions of years while the crocodile (and all of the other 'living fossils') never changed one iota!!!

... and all discrimination has echoes with how the Jews were historically treated.

If you can read this, you're too close!

That's a whole lot of paranoia you have there J C. But of course being the sensible scientific chap you keep claiming to be, you already know it's not discrimination to show someone when they're lying through their teeth. Satan would be proud of you. Does your family know?

You have been wrong about everything you've posted so far. If you can't see why we'd be skeptical about your so-called qualifications, then you're either an abominably bad scientist, or you're lying.

Probably doesn't matter which. You can't back up a single one of the claims you copy-paste. This has been well established. You're just entertainment now. A lesson in bad science and intellectual dishonesty.

... and all discrimination has echoes with how the Jews were historically treated.
    Grow up, FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Grow up, FFS.

Macroscopic growth is a scientific and mathematical impossibility for a creationist.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement