Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,455 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Just discovered this thread.

Are there actual people that dispute evolution? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Just discovered this thread.

There are certainly people here who pretend to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

koth wrote: »
    Something else for JC to ignore, but the rest of ya might be interested.

Missing link between man and apes discovered.

Silly scientists, creating 2 new missing links...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Quite a lot...

559.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

koth wrote: »
    Something else for JC to ignore, but the rest of ya might be interested.

Missing link between man and apes discovered.

It doesn't matter. They are still the 'monkey' Kind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Scientists in South Africa say they have discovered a potential missing link in the evolutionary chain between humans and our earliest ancestors.

What a useless phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

liamw wrote: »
    Quite a lot...

559.jpg

Nice chart, people not believing in evolution are just religious fanatics!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

shanered wrote: »

How d'you arrive at that conclusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

wrote:
    Originally Posted by shanered

Undergod
    How d'you arrive at that conclusion?
    ... he arrived at it by pure prejudice ... dressed up in pseudo-scientific ... and pseudo-liberal 'clothes'!!!!

Please also note that none of the Evolutionists are prepared to defend the paper they have cited as challenging ID.

... and this is the only paper they have cited against ID.

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

and yet still you can't provide one example how it's wrong

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That's another lie J C. Many papers have been cited. You just ignore them so you don't have to answer awkward questions.

Why do you lie do much? Are you allergic to honesty or truth?

Sarky wrote: »
    That's another lie J C. Many papers have been cited. You just ignore them so you don't have to answer awkward questions.

Why do you lie do much? Are you allergic to honesty or truth?
    Why are ye lying about me?

J C wrote: »
    Because you are a tedious troll? :)

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C

Monty Burnz
    Because you are a tedious troll? :)
    I'm no troll ... so you are lying about me ... because you can't face the truth ... that Spontaneous Evolution has never happened.

I'm no troll ... so you are lying about me ... because you can't face the truth ... that Spontaneous Evolution has never happened.
    blah blah troll blah nonsense blah clinging to claims blah deny evidence blah blah

Why are you here? We've already established that if the bible said the sky was red, you'd believe it in spite of all the evidence. You are talking to rational people who do not share this level of self delusion - you are wasting your time. Why not troll some people who are more vulnerable to buying your nonsense? You are a long-busted flush here.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,455 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Not replying always works ;)

Fair point. It's just quite amusing to watch JC try to break down a fortress of rationality by smashing his/her face off the walls over and over again...

I don't think anyone comes to this thread expecting J C to suddenly engage in rational debate and intellectual honesty. It's just a guilty pleasure, like making a puppy run round and round in circles until he gets dizzy and throws up on your friend's carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Plus it's meme fodder.
    And a great place to start if you ever debate real creationists.
    You get to see all teh half baked arguments and the rebuttals.
    (inb4 JC saying: Half baked spontaneous evolutionist blind arguments nazis)

... especially if you have no answers to my questions.

• Advertisement

God forgot to stick in a commandment about hypocrisy, didn't he? :D

Keep it up JC, I think you've got a few doubters moving towards your position... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Mr. Boo

Addressed your non-argument here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74274129&postcount=5517

That entire paper gives a detailed account of why demski's awkwardly cobbled mathematical theories, and hackneyed (made-up) terminology are nonsense. Retro-fitting pseudo-science to ancient fairytales. You do not understand it, so you scoff and pretend it is meaningless. It's more sad than it is amusing.

God forgot to stick in a commandment about hypocrisy, didn't he? :D

Keep it up JC, I think you've got a few doubters moving towards your position... :pac:
    He did include a Commandment to not bear false witness ... and ye guys are in breach of it!!

Mr. Boo wrote: »
    Addressed your non-argument here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74274129&postcount=5517

That entire paper gives a detailed account of why demski's awkwardly cobbled mathematical theories, and hackneyed (made-up) terminology are nonsense. Retro-fitting pseudo-science to ancient fairytales. You do not understand it, so you scoff and pretend it is meaningless. It's more sad than it is amusing.
    ... and my post questions each of the conclusions in the paper ... thereby questioning the entire paper.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74257371&postcount=5486

You still haven't provided a reason why you think the paper is flawed. You just claim that it is. I don't think you've even read it.

Do you even know how an argument works? The paper is solid. You're going to have to do more than say you. Don't accept it. You're going to have to provide proof of the flaws.

You won't, of course. Not just because you're scared of facing it. The science behind the paper is solid, reproducible and peer-reviewed. You have nothing to offer against it. Judging by how you handle debate, you wouldn't know how to use evidence against it even if you had some.

I don't begrudge you your belief in some god. I don't even care that you hold different contradicting ideas which let you reconcile your loving god with mass murder. But your desperate claims that there's actually science to justify the whole sorry lot is just sad. The lengths of dishonesty and apparent delusion you resort to, pathetic.

Why not just admit you believe in something irrational without any evidence, and leave it at that?

Why not just admit you believe in something irrational without any evidence, and leave it at that?

I think he did admit that recently - but for some reason he thinks he can also convince the rest of us that the world is flat, the sun orbits the earth, and that people can live long and fulfilling lives inside the stomachs of large marine mammals...:pac:

You still haven't provided a reason why you think the paper is flawed. You just claim that it is. I don't think you've even read it.

Do you even know how an argument works? The paper is solid. You're going to have to do more than say you. Don't accept it. You're going to have to provide proof of the flaws.

You won't, of course. Not just because you're scared of facing it. The science behind the paper is solid, reproducible and peer-reviewed. You have nothing to offer against it. Judging by how you handle debate, you wouldn't know how to use evidence against it even if you had some.

I don't begrudge you your belief in some god. I don't even care that you hold different contradicting ideas which let you reconcile your loving god with mass murder. But your desperate claims that there's actually science to justify the whole sorry lot is just sad. The lengths of dishonesty and apparent delusion you resort to, pathetic.
    I have asked where exactly the summary statements are grounded in the body of the paper ... and so far ... silence!!!

That's the irony ... there is objective scientific evidence for the creation of the CFSI in life ... and there is no evidence that it could be spontaneously produced.

That's the irony ... there is objective scientific evidence for the creation of the CFSI in life ... and there is no evidence that it could be spontaneously produced.
    For a man who would believe that the earth was created by the quack of a cosmic duck if it said so in the Bible, you are very concerned with the foundations of other peoples' beliefs! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

c_man wrote: »
    From bowsing that site

:D:D:D

Conor Lenihan is going be at the launch of this garbage? Really?

It will suit him down to the ground so.

• Advertisement

Just read the paper, J C. It's all laid out there in a clear logical fashion. It doesn't even use many big words. Stop being so lazy. The onus is on you to show why we shouldn't accept the paper's findings.

I realise you're used to being spoonfed everything you've been taught, but at some point you're going to have to get off your ass and so your own homework. Why are you so scared of it?

Prove to us you aren't a cowardly dishonest evasive hypocritical fraud. Debunk a few points from that paper. That's all it will take to win you some respect. Are we asking too much of you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement