Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

J C wrote: »
    Nothing is ever 'closed' in science ... and this particular belief has never been established, in the first place ... something which is proven by your indecent haste to 'close' the issue.

It is not a 'belief'.

On what grounds do you object to homo-sapien being an Ape?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Probably on the grounds that it would make him feel less superior, and far more terrified of death than he already is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

It was in his mind, koth. Everything jesus ever says to J.C is because J.C already believes it, and is just reinforcing his own beliefs convincing himself they are divine. It is well known that people think and speak of their deities in very much the same way they think and speak of themselves.

J.C is on one of the biggest ego trips a human can take. To him, he is ALWAYS right because he has god on his side. He might as well BE god, because that's honestly how he sees himself, no matter how much he feigns humility, or believes he is a 'servant' of god, his attitude and conscious denial of proven facts show that he is acting as though he is infalible, that he makes the rules. Evolution is false not because there's not enough evidence to support it... it's not even false because it contradicts anything within his holy scriptures - it's false to him because he simply wants it to be false. That's all he'll ever need, nobody can convince him - no amount of biologist and not even Pope John Paul II.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

robindch wrote: »
    The world has plenty of people who are just as sure they've met Allah.

How do I know that you're not hallucinating?
    I don't think that Moslems claim to have a personal relationship with Allah ... or to have met him.
    Perhaps Dead One could confirm what Moslems believe in this regard.

I'm not hallucinating ... because I don't physically or mentally see Him ... I just know that He indwells and inspires me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

I just know that He indwells and inspires me.

Damn dude, why didn't you just tell us that before..

/heads off to church

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote: »
    It is not a 'belief'.

On what grounds do you object to homo-sapien being an Ape?
    We have a similar body plan ... but there it all ends.
    We have vastly superior intellect, complex highly functional languages and are endowed with a God-given morally-responsible soul.

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I'm not hallucinating ... because I don't physically or mentally see Him ... I just know that He indwells and inspires me.

so you don't see him, how do you know that's not a hallucination then? You might want to get an MRI just to make sure the old grey matter is functioning as it should be.

So through what senses do you experience god. We've ruled out sight and I'll presume you don't have a tactile experience, unless you experience some sort of momentary blindness which would explain the reason you don't see him.

How about smell or audio? Do you have any responses through these senses when jesus is around?

how do you differentiate between your own internal voice and the voice of jesus? does your internal voice ever conflict with that of jesus?

why does jesus inspire you to reject sensible evidence and assume a position that flies in the face of accepted science?

If you can read this, you're too close!

We have a similar body plan ... but there it all ends.
    We have vastly superior intellect, complex highly functional languages and are endowed with a God-given morally-responsible soul.

Neanderthal had an equal sized brain, had language, and was more intelligent than chimps/gorillas/etc. Just because homo-sapien is the most intelligent of the great apes is not proof that they are not a part of the great ape family.

And there is no such thing as a 'soul'. Let's stick to science, thanks.

It was in his mind, koth. Everything jesus ever says to J.C is because J.C already believes it, and is just reinforcing his own beliefs convincing himself they are divine. It is well known that people think and speak of their deities in very much the same way they think and speak of themselves.

J.C is on one of the biggest ego trips a human can take. To him, he is ALWAYS right because he has god on his side. He might as well BE god, because that's honestly how he sees himself, no matter how much he feigns humility, or believes he is a 'servant' of god, his attitude and conscious denial of proven facts show that he is acting as though he is infalible, that he makes the rules. Evolution is false not because there's not enough evidence to support it... it's not even false because it contradicts anything within his holy scriptures - it's false to him because he simply wants it to be false. That's all he'll ever need, nobody can convince him - no amount of biologist and not even Pope John Paul II.
    Spontaneous Evolution is false because there is no evidence for it and it makes no logical sense. Its the biological equivalent of a 'perpetual motion machine' ... as it also violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics!!!

Spontaneous Evolution is false because there is no evidence for it and it makes no logical sense. Its the biological equivalent of a 'perpetual motion machine' ... as it also violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics!!!

You have no idea what evolution is.

• Advertisement

Nor does he have a clue about evidence, logic, biology, or thermodynamics. But that won't stop him.

Bloody hell, pulling that perpetual motion machine rubbish right after I'd mentioned the sun's energy ensuring the planet wasn't a closed system. He'd quoted it and all.

Maybe he IS just a troll that missed his moment to yank off the metaphorical mask and yell AHA!

Neanderthal had an equal sized brain, had language, and was more intelligent than chimps/gorillas/etc. Just because homo-sapien is the most intelligent of the great apes is not proof that they are not a part of the great ape family.

And there is no such thing as a 'soul'. Let's stick to science, thanks.
    Neanderthal was also Homo Sapiens.

... and a morally responsible Human soul does exist ... when have you seen a court convict an animal of immorality???

Back in the Middle Ages various churches used to put animals involved in bestiality on trial. they were executed if found guilty. Isn't that interesting?

- There is evidence of it... truck loads.
    - It makes logical sense
    - It doesn't violate the second law of thermodynamics

And from that post, you just proved everything I said about you. I COULD go ahead and explain that it evolution doesn't violate the second law of thermodynamics because even living cells come from non living material via abiogensis... but why don't I explain that? Because you'd reject that too for exactly the reasons I stated in my previous post. You'd say no no no, holy spirit blah, scientists hating god blah, scientists are all in on it and lies conspiracy theory bullcrap.
    [text limit reached on mobile device]

Sarky wrote: »
    Nor does he have a clue about evidence, logic, biology, or thermodynamics. But that won't stop him.

Bloody hell, pulling that perpetual motion machine rubbish right after I'd mentioned the sun's energy ensuring the planet wasn't a closed system. He'd quoted it and all.
    Spontaneous Evolution breaks the Second Law in a different way to perpetual motion machines ... it does so, because the appliance of external energy only reduces entropy when it is captured and utilised by intelligently designed systems/machines.

Perpetual motion machines break the Second Law by the inability of intelligently designed machines to decrease entropy without an energy source.

Sarky wrote: »
    Back in the Middle Ages various churches used to put animals involved in bestiality on trial. they were executed if found guilty. Isn't that interesting?
    So do you believe that placing moral responibility for bestiality on the animal involved makes sense???

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

... and a morally responsible Human soul does exist ... when have you seen a court convict an animal of immorality???

never. but thats probably due to the problem trying the animal by a jury of its peers :p

If you can read this, you're too close!

I honestly don't see why other users in here still entertain your ego trip, J.C. I know you love ever minute of it... sitting down at your computer, post by post telling us weak mortals how we're wrong and how you have a better understanding of decades of modern science that you never bothered to investigate but are able to sweep away with in an instant because you're just that darn infalible, aren't 'cha?

Well, haven't posted here nearly as much as others have but I've witnessed most of this trolling of yours and I no longer wish to fuel and pet your ego so you can feel like playing god for a few hours each day. I'm going to do what I think any user who has generously engaged your dribble... I'm going to ignore your trolling. Because nothing will convince you.

The change in J.C will have to come from inside... if it ever does, likely not but oh well.

Don't feed the troll, lads.

koth wrote: »
    never. but thats probably due to the problem trying the animal by a jury of its peers :p
    ... go on ...
    ... and the reason why this is impossible, is precisely because Mankind is a completely separate creation to all animals ... and has an immortal morally-responsible soul.

Its the morally-resposible soul that really sits in judgement on the jury ... and that is why an Ape is never summoned for jury sevice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Fart Knocker

What gets me about these silly intelligent design theories that try to do away with natural selection as the mechanism of evolution is that intelligent processes themselves are most likely driven by some type of mechanisms involving the generating and testing of ideas that is essentially natural selection anyway.

CHECK MATE.

• Advertisement

Are you stating that Neanderthal and modern Homo-Sapiens were the same species?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

At the risk of repetition, can I say that I have already raised questions about the paper ... and I am awaiting a response.

The stupidity level of your 'questions' is equivalent to somebody saying that they read the Bible and asking people afterwards, 'so, who is supposed to be the messiah then?' It kind of suggests that you didn't read it or you didn't understand it.

I suspect a bit of both. But I think everyone knows that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

At least that is my opinion, but perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps it only seems
    extremely improbable, but really isn’t, that, under the right conditions, the influx
    of stellar energy into a planet could cause atoms to rearrange themselves into
    nuclear power plants and spaceships and computers

that's from the paper JC posted... it starts off reasonably then swings into speculation and ends with drivel like that!

that's that paper dismissed JC.... NEXT!

I honestly don't see why other users in here still entertain your ego trip, J.C. I know you love ever minute of it... sitting down at your computer, post by post telling us weak mortals how we're wrong and how you have a better understanding of decades of modern science that you never bothered to investigate but are able to sweep away with in an instant because you're just that darn infalible, aren't 'cha?

Well, haven't posted here nearly as much as others have but I've witnessed most of this trolling of yours and I no longer wish to fuel and pet your ego so you can feel like playing god for a few hours each day. I'm going to do what I think any user who has generously engaged your dribble... I'm going to ignore your trolling. Because nothing will convince you.

The change in J.C will have to come from inside... if it ever does, likely not but oh well.

Don't feed the troll, lads.
    If you can't defend your beliefs to me ... then you are also not defending them to everyone watching on this thread.

You guys are a parody of religion in action ... ye have an unfounded faith that God doesn't exist and ye then construct impossiblities to prop up this belief ...
    ... and ye personally attack anybody who shows you the evidence for God's existence ... and/or the logical and evidential holes in your beliefs.

Are you stating that Neanderthal and modern Homo-Sapiens were the same species?
    Yes

Yes

Interesting.. Why are there no Neanderthal alive today?

Interesting.. Why are there no Neanderthal alive today?
    They walk amongst us ... and I find that they often claim to be Apes!!!!;):D:)

Mbeep ... Mbeep!!!:D

They walk amongst us ...

Could you give me an example of a person today who is a Neanderthal.

The Neanderthals were just a variety of Humans that fully interbred with other Humans ... and therefore diluted 'Neanderthal' characteristics are found in Human's the World over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I could...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement