Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

oh and back on topic, the yellow-bellied three-toed skink is doing it's bit to show evolution in action.

can I have my €10k now please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

vibe666 wrote: »
    oh and back on topic, the yellow-bellied three-toed skink is doing it's bit to show evolution in action.

can I have my €10k now please?

Its a trick dude run! That guy gave my girlfriend an apple once and then she started wearing clothes mother fu....Plus he said you look like a dork!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

If the author believes, really believes that evolution can't be proven at a biochemical level then why offer only Eur 10,000?

Why not offer Eur10 billion?

If he really believed it then the amount would not matter as it would never have to be paid out.

Is this his subconscious betraying his true beliefs to us?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

PDN wrote: »
    Post of the year!
    Hey, thanks! If you like it so much, you should thank it :)
    Pink limos and lip marks, lots of tits, perfect penises, perfect vaginas
    Well, he's marketing his message to christian creationists so I'm assuming he knows what appeals to them!
    and Robin gets buggered if he knows.
    It's metaphorical buggery. I'm surprised you couldn't tell!

BTW, the biblical metaphor thread has been spun off to here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056034805

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Can I have my €10,000 for showing John May the evidence of glatamic acid
    similarities as predicted by evolutionary theory?

How about:

These are so interesting btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Don't forget these either.

#4 (This one has a brilliant analogy explaining transitional forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Excellent! Downloaded that pdf and going to read it later. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Where doyou all suppose he's getting his funding from? This book launch sounds awfully expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Galvasean wrote: »
    Where doyou all suppose he's getting his funding from? This book launch sounds awfully expensive.

He is a former street artist, we all know how lucrative that kind of work is.

Hmm, his TD mates?

Where do you all suppose he's getting his funding from?
    The rumor at the creation party was that it was being bankrolled by his brother who was also the guy putting up the ten grand prize money.

Unfortunately you had to convince Mr May, so I'd say that the brother's ten grand is pretty safe. Actually, as soon as May confirmed that he was judge and jury, the room erupted into laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

robindch wrote: »
    The rumor at the creation party was that it was being bankrolled by his brother who was also the guy putting up the ten grand prize money.

Unfortunately you had to convince Mr May, so I'd say that the brother's ten grand is pretty safe. Actually, as soon as May confirmed that he was judge and jury, the room erupted into laughter.

I don't see this book selling too well, I'd assume the launch is where most copies would be bought? Maybe I'm wrong though.

Ush1 wrote: »
    I don't see this book selling too well
    That is the understatement of the week.

Ush1 wrote: »
    I don't see this book selling too well, I'd assume the launch is where most copies would be bought? Maybe I'm wrong though.

The fact that the launch was in a hotel as opposed to say Eason on O' Connel St. says a lot. I assume the main book shops are not carrying it. Anybody wandering past an Eason/Waterstones/Hughes&Hughes care to verify this for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Where have all the posts from yesterday/today all gone?

... or are the Atheists censoring the fact that I (single-handedly) debated the pants off about 20 of them????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Dougla2

J C wrote: »

... or are the Atheists censoring the fact that I (single-handedly) debated the pants off about 20 of them????

troll much, your "argument" was basicly "nanaanananana" fingers in ear, not reading or watching anything we posted , there is another thread now called bible somesuch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Dougla2 wrote: »
    troll much, your "argument" was basicly "nanaanananana" fingers in ear, not reading or watching anything we posted , there is another thread now called bible somesuch

To be honest, Dougla2, I wouldn't bother with this kind of confrontational stuff. Arguing with J C is like talking to a brick wall, only way more annoying and replete with smilies.

To be honest, Dougla2, I wouldn't bother with this kind of confrontational stuff. Arguing with J C is like talking to a brick wall, only way more annoying and replete with smilies.
    hehe yeah don't feed the troll i guess

• Advertisement

J C types with one hand?

It is like fighting a brick wall. You are many times more skillfull than a brick wall, but you cant hurt it and will only hurt your fingers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You think they were all deleted?

You must be mistaking this for the christianity forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

You think they were all deleted?

You must be mistaking this for the christianity forum.
    Ah yes. The 'get out of our glass house with those stones' charter is a bit hard to get round!

The fact that the launch was in a hotel as opposed to say Eason on O' Connel St. says a lot. I assume the main book shops are not carrying it. Anybody wandering past an Eason/Waterstones/Hughes&Hughes care to verify this for me?
    I would have though that such reputable bookshops wouldn't engage in censorship - and I'm sure that they will stock the book if there is a demand for it.

I would have though that such reputable bookshops wouldn't engage in censorship - and I'm sure that they will stock the book if there is a demand for it.
    its not censorship, no one wants the book and no i think he published it himself no publisher would publish that ****

Dougla2 wrote: »
    its not censorship, no one wants the book and no i think he published it himself no publisher would publish that ****
    ... it's not likely to be a 'blockbuster' but it is likely to have a demand ...
    ... and bookshops will meet that demand.

... Robin even parted with EUR 15 and bought a copy on Wednesday night ... for 'research' purposes, of course!!!

... and now Robin is the proud possessor of a signed copy of the first edition on its publication date ... now just think how valuable this heirloom will be in 100 years time!!!

... it must be worth EUR 16 already!!!!:)

... Robin even parted with EUR 15 and bought a copy on Wednesday night ... for 'research' purposes, of course!!!

... and now Robin is the proud possessor of a signed copy of the first edition on its publication date ... now just think how valuable this heirloom will be in 100 years time!!!

... it must be worth EUR 16 already!!!!:)

wow just wow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

... it must be worth EUR .16 already!!!!:)

fyp

• Advertisement

Triangla wrote: »
    If the author believes, really believes that evolution can't be proven at a biochemical level then why offer only Eur 10,000?

Why not offer Eur10 billion?

If he really believed it then the amount would not matter as it would never have to be paid out.

Is this his subconscious betraying his true beliefs to us?
    The man gave a prize that he could come up with if somebody were able to claim it.

... winning the John May Prize would only be the start of it ... as a Nobel Prize would be sure to follow.

... although I don't think there is much of a chance that it will ever be claimed ... because materialistic evolution doesn't exist!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement