Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

J C wrote: »
    I'm not hallucinating ... because I don't physically or mentally see Him ... I just know that He indwells and inspires me.
    Does a voice in your head tell you this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

robindch wrote: »
    Does a voice in your head tell you this?
    No ... He indwells and inspires me ... and He provides me with the information that I need to oppose you guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Tell him to bring out his A game, because so far he's been sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I just comprehensively win every argument on every level ... and have fun doing so!!!

... and I give all of the credit to the inspiration of Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit.

I love ye all ... in all your misguided innocence!!!:D

If i knew that you could simply declare yourself the winner of an argument without needing to actually win it would have made my time on the Debate Team a lot easier.

If i knew that you could simply declare yourself the winner of an argument without needing to actually win it would have made my time on the Debate Team a lot easier.
    When the opposition present no evidence for their position, present papers and then refuse to answer questions put to them on what they actually contain ... and simply say 'liar ... liar ... pants on fire' ... I think you could safely claim to have won the debate!!!

... and here is another nail in the coffin of 'Pondkind to Mankind' Evolution ...
    ... I give you the PCB-resistant Atlantic Tomcod ... which has developed this resistance by losing two of the 1,140 amino acids normally found in the receptor protein which, in its normal state, allows PCB to bind to it, causing the fish to be poisoned.
    The mutation is apparently the result of six of the bases in the AHR2 gene's DNA sequence having been deleted (i.e. two codons coding for the two amino acids have been deleted ... thereby conferring resistance to the PCB poison).

... yet another example of a mutation losing genetic information!!!:)

http://creation.com/rapid-tomcod-evolution

• Advertisement

So yeah, how about pointing out a couple of flaws in the paper you've been avoiding? Are you going to keep pretending it doesn't exist so you can dishonestly cling to your precious cfsi rubbish?

Come on, you've had weeks to disprove it and all you've done is dodge questions like they were poisonous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

... over a million views here ...and over on the Christianity Thread says NO!!!!
    And how many of the people on the fence who looked at the thread do you think thought 'that JC guy really has answers to all the questions', and how many do you think thought to themselves 'this guy can't answer anything - this ID stuff sounds like bull****'?

I'd love to know how you think you come across. Love you! Go in the grace of Dawkins. :)

And how many of the people on the fence who looked at the thread do you think thought 'that JC guy really has answers to all the questions',
    Every objective scientist who reads my posts ... and my links!!!
    ... and how many do you think thought to themselves 'this guy can't answer anything - this ID stuff sounds like bull****'?
    Only the 'died in the wool' Evolutionist ones ... with their fingers stuck in their auricular orifices ... and their eyes wide shut!!!:eek:

J C? That paper? Remember how we showed it to you as evidence that Dembski's cfsi is flawed and useless? And how we asked you to find some flaws in it?

Any chance you might be able to get around to doing that? Only we showed you the paper ages ago and you seem to be avoiding it...

Sarky wrote: »
    J C? That paper? Remember how we showed it to you as evidence that Dembski's cfsi is flawed and useless? And how we asked you to find some flaws in it?

Any chance you might be able to get around to doing that? Only we showed you the paper ages ago and you seem to be avoiding it...
    ... the paper that made several claims in its conclusions ... each of which I questioned ... and the silence from you guys has been ... er ... profound!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

and yet the last number of pages have been spent asking you to discuss the paper you've feverishly been avoiding.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Every objective scientist who reads my posts ... and my links!!!

Only the 'died in the wool' Evolutionist ones ... with their fingers stuck in their auricular orifices ... and their eyes wide shut!!!:eek:

That's honestly how you think your efforts come across? :eek:

Because - and even you must, at some level, suspect this - you don't come across like that at all. But sure didn't that old wan from Wales on X Factor think she was coming across as a great singer too. Poor woman.

... the paper that made several claims in its conclusions ... each of which I questioned ... and the silence from you guys has been ... er ... profound!!!:)

Is that what you think you've done? Because from where everyone else is standing it looks like you rephrased the chapter titles as questions without realising the text underneath them explains everything. We're still waiting for some level of detail out of you that shows you read more than a couple of lines. So far you've spent all your time claiming victory in a debate you haven't even engaged in.

You can't even criticise one tiny paper. You are such an intellectual coward it's actually disgusting. If God or Jesus were ever real, they'd be ashamed of you.

That's honestly how you think your efforts come across? :eek:

Because - and even you must, at some level, suspect this - you don't come across like that at all. But sure didn't that old wan from Wales on X Factor think she was coming across as a great singer too. Poor woman.
    She must be an Evolutionist ... because 'I dreamed a dream' is the Evolutionist anthem!!!:):D

... the song ends like all man-made dreams ...
    "I had a dream my life would be .. So different from this hell I'm living .. So different now from what it seemed .. Now life has killed the dream I dreamed."
    ... but if you place your trust in Jesus Christ ... it will be far better!!!

Is that what you think you've done? Because from where everyone else is standing it looks like you rephrased the chapter titles as questions without realising the text underneath them explains everything. We're still waiting for some level of detail out of you that shows you read more than a couple of lines. So far you've spent all your time claiming victory in a debate you haven't even engaged in.

You can't even criticise one tiny paper. You are such an intellectual coward it's actually disgusting. If God or Jesus were ever real, they'd be ashamed of you.
    He loves me ... and has Saved me ... and He loves you too ... and wants to Save you ... and He wants you to stop embarrassing yourself by making silly claims like the one about Pondslime morphing into Men ... and Frogs turning into Princes!!!:):D:eek:

Do you think he could give you a crash course in basic science and debate, by any chance? Because you certainly haven't bothered to learn anything about them yourself. Evangelising on this forum is about as effective as a marzipan dildo. Especially when we have shown over and over again that the person trying to evangelise is a dishonest coward.

Do you think he could give you a crash course in basic science and debate, by any chance? Because you certainly haven't bothered to learn anything about them yourself. Evangelising on this forum is about as effective as a marzipan dildo. Especially when we have shown over and over again that the person trying to evangelise is a dishonest coward.
    There is no man (or woman) beyond redemption ... even the marzipan dildo nibblers on the A & A !!!:):D

And you're still avoiding the paper. When are you going to debunk even one point from it?

What time do they lock the doors in the CMH in Dundrum? I'm looking for a correlation here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Given the most recent link he provided he also doesn't realise that mutations are COMPLETELY RANDOM and as a result bad mutations occur and the thing that kills them off is Natural Selection.

Way to not get biology - at all. I've seen regurgitated horse cum with more sense that this ass clown.

• Advertisement

What time do they lock the doors in the CMH in Dundrum? I'm looking for a correlation here...
    ... I hope you find him!!!:)

... is he a close 'correlation' of yours?:D

[-0-] wrote: »
    Given the most recent link he provided he also doesn't realise that mutations are COMPLETELY RANDOM and as a result bad mutations occur and the thing that kills them off is Natural Selection.
    Of course mutations are random ... and therefore information destroying ... which is not a mechanism to explain how the CFSI found in living organisms was created.
    ... and the Atlantic Tomcod PCB resistance mutation is no exception!!!

[-0-] wrote: »
    I've seen regurgitated horse cum ...
    ... you must have such an interesting life ...!!!

I see you're still using cfsi as an argument, even though there's a paper we've shown you several times that disproves it.

You're going to have to disprove that paper in order for cfsi to have any shred of validity. To use it without debunking that paper is you being dishonest again. You are a liar and a fraud, J C. And I'm going to keep mentioning that until you display a shred of honesty. And until you display a shred of honesty, I'm going to be right in saying it.

I see you're still using cfsi as an argument, even though there's a paper we've shown you several times that disproves it.

You're going to have to disprove that paper in order for cfsi to have any shred of validity. To use it without debunking that paper is you being dishonest again. You are a liar and a fraud, J C. And I'm going to keep mentioning that until you display a shred of honesty. And until you display a shred of honesty, I'm going to be right in saying it.
    ... CFSI is an established fact.

... or do you believe that your DNA is a load of randomised scrambled information, something like the Flying Spaghetti Monster that you guys keep talking about????

You're lying again. cfsi is poorly worded badly thought out rubbish. We've shown you a paper on why. There are a few other papers that show why it's bollocks, too. You have yet to show a single one of them to be flawed. You can't even bring yourself to read them, you coward.

Your comment on DNA is even more evidence that you don't have the slightest knowledge of genetics or molecular evolution. Yet you claim you used to be a scientist, and a good one too. You are a fraud.

Now, back to that paper. Why haven't you debunked even a single claim, or answered even one of the challenges it makes? What's taking you so long? Is the voice in your head mysteriously quiet when it comes to anything besides half-arsed religious gibberish? How come it never seems to be able to get even the tiniest detail right when it comes to scientific matters? Is your god really that poorly educated?

Debunk the paper, or stop claiming cfsi has any merit.

You're lying again. cfsi is poorly worded badly thought out rubbish. We've shown you a paper on why. There are a few other papers that show why it's bollocks, too. You have yet to show a single one of them to be flawed. You can't even bring yourself to read them, you coward.

Your comment on DNA is even more evidence that you don't have the slightest knowledge of genetics or molecular evolution. Yet you claim you used to be a scientist, and a good one too. You are a fraud.

Now, back to that paper. Why haven't you debunked even a single claim, or answered even one of the challenges it makes? What's taking you so long? Is the voice in your head mysteriously quiet when it comes to anything besides half-arsed religious gibberish? How come it never seems to be able to get even the tiniest detail right when it comes to scientific matters? Is your god really that poorly educated?

Debunk the paper, or stop claiming cfsi has any merit.
    In view of the fact that you have nothing to say (apart from personalised unfounded Ad Hominem remarks about me) in relation to the validity of CFSI ... perhaps you have something to say about the Atlantic Tomcod ... and its information losing mutation that provides it with PCB resistance?

loss of two amino acids changed the shape of a protein and now it doesn't bond with something it used to bond with, or bonds with something it didn't before. Adding an amino acid or two would have a similar effect. They're called indels. It's short for insertion/deletion error. They happen when imperfect copies are made during replication. It's pretty straightforward. Happens all the time in one species or another. I'm doing my thesis on something similar. I know how it works. You, it is quite clear, do not. But you're going to lie about understanding genetics and biochemistry anyway. Or you'll run like a coward again and pretend nothing happened.

Now, go ahead and debunk that paper. You've avoided it for long enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

loss of two amino acids changed the shape of a protein and now it doesn't bond with something it used to bond with, or bonds with something it didn't before. Adding an amino acid or two would have a similar effect. They're called indels. It's short for insertion/deletion error. They happen when imperfect copies are made during replication. It's pretty straightforward. Happens all the time in one species or another. I'm doing my thesis on something similar. I know how it works. You, it is quite clear, do not. But you're going to lie about understanding genetics and biochemistry anyway. Or you'll run like a coward again and pretend nothing happened.

Now, go ahead and debunk that paper. You've avoided it for long enough.

Yeah this sort of thing happens all the time. He probably doesn't know that humans have developed the sickle-cell trait in regions of Africa where malaria is a big problem. When this is inherited by both parents it can cause issues, most notably anaemia.

Not all mutations are positive J.C, proving that Intelligent Design is a fairytale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

In view of the fact that you have nothing to say (apart from personalised unfounded Ad Hominem remarks about me) in relation to the validity of CFSI ... perhaps you have something to say about the Atlantic Tomcod ... and its information losing mutation that provides it with PCB resistance?

Hold up...so now you are using the argument that a mutation on a genetic level is proof that evolution is a crock...because you don't understand the way genetic mutation works?

• Advertisement

That's exactly what he's saying. Loss of information causing an advantage is something he was arguing against many pages ago. He never has the slightest notion of what he's talking about. He does it all the time. Remember when he went on about carbon dating and presented a bunch of papers as proof that it was useless- and anyone who actually read the papers understood that they showed the exact opposite?

This is just another episode in a long series of J C making a fool of himself by lying, misrepresenting, and running away from any questions or challenges. And then he gets all butthurt when people call him on his lies. It's pathetic. Entertaining but ultimately pathetic.

Still waiting for you to debunk the paper that shows Dembski is a charlatan by the way, J C. Any time soon would be good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement