Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

J C wrote: »
    I've been debunking Spontaneous Evolution on this thread ... for over a year now ... and without any substantive response from you guys.

That is t-shirt material.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I've been debunking Spontaneous Evolution on this thread ... for over a year now ... and without any substantive response from you guys.

Within the last couple of pages you cited at least one example that backs it up.

In case you are wondering that whistling sound is the subject matter repeatedly going over your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

He'll probably ascribe it to angels telling him what a good job he's doing.

Maybe he really is an atheist troll who just missed his moment. The only alternative is that he's deluded, cowardly, deceitful and completely lacking in any understanding of concepts that most children manage to learn before puberty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Christian or not, you have all fed the troll so much that it has spread out and posts very often. Well done, for fk sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Giuseppe55

JC's living in the past and simply needs to be ignored. The principle of natural selection has been shown to work and is being extended far beyond the field of biology into psychology, computer science and cosmology and much more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Darwinism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Giuseppe55 wrote: »
    JC's living in the past and simply needs to be ignored. The principle of natural selection has been shown to work and is being extended far beyond the field of biology into psychology, computer science and cosmology and much more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Darwinism
    I accept that NS occurs ... the intelligent input is required to provide it with the CFSI from which to select.

In case you are wondering that whistling sound is the subject matter repeatedly going over your head.
    Did you know that your username perfectly describes Spontaneous Evolution ... which is indeed a Logical Fallacy ... did you choose that name because you are an Evolutionist?

Christian or not, you have all fed the troll so much that it has spread out and posts very often. Well done, for fk sake.
    The truth, my friend ... always bears repetition ... and will set you free.

I accept that NS occurs ... the intelligent input is required to provide it with the CFSI from which to select.

The material NS selects from is just dumb, random sh1t. That's the power and the magic of natural selection. It builds random mess and mistakes into designs. It creates organisms with purpose and foresight from dumb atoms. It shapes up random electrical activity in the brain into thoughts and intentions.

But... it's all beyond you.

The material NS selects from is just dumb, random sh1t. That's the power and the magic of natural selection. It builds random mess and mistakes into designs. It creates organisms with purpose and foresight from dumb atoms. It shapes up random electrical activity in the brain into thoughts and intentions.

But... it's all beyond you.
    ... and it's all beyond anything that has ever been observed to occur as well !!!!

... just imagine, for one moment, if a factory was run along evolutionist lines ... churning out 'dumb, random sh1t', as you so eloquently describe it ... and then selecting it ... thereby, churning out 'dumb selected sh1t' ... which would be just as useless as the dumb random variety!!!:D:)

... did nobody ever tell you about the truism of ... rubbish in ... rubbish out... and that sh1t remains sh1t ... no matter how much you select it!!!:)

... and that 'magic' is for fairytales!!!

• Advertisement

... just imagine, for one moment, if a factory was run along evolutionist lines ... churning out 'dumb, random sh1t', as you so eloquently describe it ... and then selecting it ... thereby, churning out selected 'random sh1t' ... which would be just as useless as the dumb random variety!!!:D:)

The products wouldn't, by definition, be random and useless anymore after going through selection, would they?

Way to lose your own argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It's best to just ignore JC. He's either a troll, or a fundamentalist with just enough information to be dangerous, but not enough to have a rational informed conversation.

Yeah. I don't think it's going to get anywhere.

sage

The products wouldn't, by definition, be random anymore after going through selection, would they?
    So, do Evolutionists believe that 'selected sh1t' is somehow an improvement on the random variety?

... and do they therefore go shopping for car parts in the local sewage treatment works?:)

The inability of non-intelligently directed systems to produce anything except 'dumb sh1t' from other 'dumb sh1t' is the elephant in the Evolutionist living room ... and it is the reason why 'Mount Improbable' ... is actually 'Mount Impossible'!!!!:D

Yeah. I don't think it's going to get anywhere.
    Just like Spontaneous Evolution isn't going anywhere either!!!:)

dlofnep wrote: »
    It's best to just ignore JC. He's either a troll, or a fundamentalist with just enough information to be dangerous, but not enough to have a rational informed conversation.
    ... the only things that I'm dangerous to are ignorance and delusion!!!
    ... and Evolutionist comfort zones!!!:)

... and I love you all ... especially, because I once 'was that soldier' ... believing that I was an Ape that was descended from a Slimeball ... via a long line of 'dumb sh1t'!!!!:)

... now I know that I am a much loved special creation of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

... and I love you all ... especially, because I once 'was that soldier' ... believing that I was an Ape that was descended from a Slimeball ... via a long line of 'dumb sh1t'!!!!:)

Frodo Baggins loves me so in your face JC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Did you know that your username perfectly describes Spontaneous Evolution ... which is indeed a Logical Fallacy ... did you choose that name because you are an Evolutionist?

I don't think you know what a logical fallacy is.
    dlofnep wrote: »

But he is funny, and that's the important thing. It's like when a kid is quite young...he doesn't quite have all his motor skills together but he can move around. So he gets up and walks a few steps and falls on his ass with this big grin saying "look at me, i walked a few steps"....then he grabs his foot and sticks it in his mouth and his next few steps leave dribble prints on the floor.

You want to stop him because you have to clean up the mess...but you can't help being humored by the situation.

Oh you're a special creation alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Mr. Boo

And logically, reasoned debate. And sensible use of punctuation.

(The word I was looking for was judicious...........................................................................................Judicious use of punctuation.)

• Advertisement

Frodo Baggins loves me so in your face JC
    ... but the total cost of my love is no charge!!!:)

... but the total cost of my love is no charge!!!:)
    The Library dosent charge or ask for donations.

The Library dosent charge or ask for donations.
    ... a library cannot love you ... but Christians ... and God can.:)

JC im sorry to say this but fictional charecters can not love you. and even if your god exists he does not love you nor would he even like you. You are a single being of billions on this planet, now what about the rest of the universe and all the life out there the trillions and trillions of intellegent beings in this universe?
    You are a speck on the wind of no more concern to your "god" than the snails beneath your feet.
    Stop wasting your life on this drivel and enjoy the one and only life you have.

JC im sorry to say this but fictional charecters can not love you. and even if your god exists he does not love you nor would he even like you. You are a single being of billions on this planet, now what about the rest of the universe and all the life out there the trillions and trillions of intellegent beings in this universe?
    You are a speck on the wind of no more concern to your "god" than the snails beneath your feet.
    Stop wasting your life on this drivel and enjoy the one and only life you have.
    I am enjoying all this life has to offer ... but I also intend to enjoy all the next life has to offer as well.

You, on the other hand, are spending your time on this forum, apparently without reward in this life ... or any hope or belief in the next!!!:eek:

... and this is what Jesus Christ had to say about God's knowledge and care about each Human Being

Matthew 10:29-30
    New International Version (NIV)

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.[a] 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

you now a fortune-teller as well as a creationist?

If you can read this, you're too close!

I am enjoying all this life has to offer ... but I also intend to enjoy all the next life has to offer as well.

You, on the other hand, are spending your time on this forum, apparently without reward in this life ... or the next!!!:eek:

... and this is what Jesus Christ had to say about God's knowledge about each Human Being

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.[a] 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

How do you know Jesus said that when there were no witnesses of Jesus who wrote the Bible?

You, on the other hand, are spending your time on this forum, apparently without reward in this life ... or the next!!!:eek:

... and this is what Jesus Christ had to say about God's knowledge about each Human Being

Jesus did not say that, someone wrote that jesus said that, years after the fact. Chinese whispers put into words then translated many times, then censord and cherry picked by the catholic church.

Jesus did not say that, someone wrote that jesus said that, years after the fact. Chinese whispers put into words then translated many times, then censord and cherry picked by the catholic church.
    Matthew was one of the Apostles ... and he committed the Gospel account to paper during his lifetime.
    The original document may be lost but it has been translated and passed down the generations since then ... and different churches (as well as God) have been responsible for its safe transmission and accuracy.:)

The Holy Spirit has asked me to tell you the following (that was also overheard by Matthew):-

Matthew 11:28-30
    28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

• Advertisement

J C: Stop preaching and answer my question

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement