Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

dlofnep wrote: »
    J C: Stop preaching and answer my question
    Matthew was one of the Apostles ... and he committed the Gospel account to paper during his lifetime.
    The original document may be lost but it has been translated and passed down the generations since then ... and different churches (as well as God) have been responsible for its safe transmission and accuracy.

He said right there :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

How long has it been since he was last shown that paper which disproves Dembski's cfsi rubbish?

Just to recap, for people reading who might only recently have stumbled upon this thread:

- J C was shown this paper which points out glaring flaws in the creationist concept of cfsi. I showed it to him weeks ago, and even I originally just found the link in this same thread from at least a year ago.

- Every time we ask him to provide reasons for his rejecting the paper, he avoids the question, ignores, attempts to misdirect, and occasionally flat out lies. The general consensus is that he's scared of it and just wants it to go away so he can keep preaching his misinformation and lies.

- For at least a year now, he has failed to provide any evidence that any part of the paper should be rejected, and he's still preaching cfsi as proof of his god as if he hadn't read the paper, or hadn't understood it, or just wants to keep lying about it.

In short, J C is a liar and an intellectual coward trying to play at being a scientist, but when pressed reveals that he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

pfffft, people still believe in God?

that the very notion was reserved to the elderly nowadays

for JC:

GoGodGo01.jpg
    Ms. Garrison: All right, kids, it is now my job to teach you the theory of evolution.
    Butters: Oh boy!
    Ms. Garrison: Now I, for one, think evolution is a bunch of *bullcrap*! But I've been told I have to teach it to you anyway. It was thought up by Charles Darwin and it goes something like this...
    [she goes up to a large poster of evolution and begins pointing things out with her pointer]
    Ms. Garrison: In the beginning, we were all fish. Okay? Swimming around in the water. And then one day a couple of fish had a retard baby, and the retard baby was different, so it got to live. So Retard Fish goes on to make more retard babies, and then one day, a retard baby fish crawled out of the ocean with its...
    [she waves her left hand limply]
    Ms. Garrison: ...mutant fish hands... and it had butt sex with a squirrel or something and made this.
    [she points to a prehistoric mammal rodent]
    Ms. Garrison: Retard frog-sqirrel, and then *that* had a retard baby which was a... monkey-fish-frog... And then this monkey-fish-frog had butt sex with that monkey, and that monkey had a mutant retard baby that screwed another monkey... and that made you!
    [she faces the class, with the new girl among them looking around]
    Ms. Garrison: So there you go! You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirrel! Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Sarky wrote: »
    How long has it been since he was last shown that paper which disproves Dembski's cfsi rubbish?

Just to recap, for people reading who might only recently have stumbled upon this thread:

- J C was shown this paper which points out glaring flaws in the creationist concept of cfsi. I showed it to him weeks ago, and even I originally just found the link in this same thread from at least a year ago.

- Every time we ask him to provide reasons for his rejecting the paper, he avoids the question, ignores, attempts to misdirect, and occasionally flat out lies. The general consensus is that he's scared of it and just wants it to go away so he can keep preaching his misinformation and lies.

- For at least a year now, he has failed to provide any evidence that any part of the paper should be rejected, and he's still preaching cfsi as proof of his god as if he hadn't read the paper, or hadn't understood it, or just wants to keep lying about it.

In short, J C is a liar and an intellectual coward trying to play at being a scientist, but when pressed reveals that he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.
    Do you now feel the better for verbally beating me up!!!

... you really do have 'issues' ... what happened you ... did a Creation Scientist 'steal' your girlfriend ... or something??!!!:)

... anyway, you present a paper that does little more that say 'Dembsky wasn't here' ... I challenge it's conclusions with a series of questions ... and you run away shouting 'liar liar ... pants on fire' ... and you have been running waving your hands in the air and shouting ever since!!!

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

J C wrote: »
    ... you present a paper that does little more that say 'Dembsky wasn't here'

could you elaborate on this please?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    pfffft, people still believe in God?

that the very notion was reserved to the elderly nowadays

for JC:
    ... there are plenty of young people in our local church!!!!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    GoGodGo01.jpg
    ... Ms. Garrison: In the beginning, we were all fish. Okay? Swimming around in the water. And then one day a couple of fish had a retard baby, and the retard baby was different, so it got to live. So the Retard Fish goes on to make more retard babies, and then one day, a retard baby fish crawled out of the ocean with its...
    [she waves her left hand limply] ...mutant fish hands... and it had butt sex with a squirrel or something and made this Retard frog-sqirrel, and then *that* had a retard baby which was a... monkey-fish-frog... And then this monkey-fish-frog had butt sex with that monkey, and that monkey had a mutant retard baby that screwed another monkey... and that made you!
    So there you go! You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirrel! Congratulations!
    ... that just about sums up the Evolution Fairytale allright!!!!:):D:eek:

koth wrote: »
    could you elaborate on this please?
    I have already done so.

that's a no then.

it's an over to you

you don't want to discuss anything at all???

• Advertisement

Dr Grady McMurtry is on Revelation TV (Channel 743) right now ... answering all of your questions about Evolution ... and a few you might be afraid to ask!!!
    ... and if you don't have access to satellite TV ... I give you Dr Grady McMurtry on Youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Giuseppe55

Experimental evolution: Winning since 1880.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experimental_evolution

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Dr Grady McMurtry
    From here, we learn:
    Dr Grady McMurtry's qualifications appear to consist of an undergraduate degree in agriculture (majoring in forestry) and a masters degree in environmental science. His doctorate is in theology and from a non accredited private college that does not make doctoral theses available for public scrutiny. He does not seem to be involved in any academic research work. His family background suggests that he is the son of Grady Louis McMurtry who was head of the secret society Ordo Templi Orientis founded by Aleister Crowley.
    Creationist buys doctorate from diploma mill? Gosh, where have we heard that before! :)

That'll be Mr McMurtry then.

robindch wrote: »
    From here, we learn:Creationist buys doctorate from diploma mill? Gosh, where have we heard that before! :)

That'll be Mr McMurtry then.
    You remind me of a Medieval Pope ... refusing to recognise the qualifications of institutions that haven't been approved by your particular (Materialist) religion!!!!

... and it was an earned Doctorate

... and BTW all Trinity College BA graduates can buy an MA degree after 3 years standing by just paying the appropriate fee!!!!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_Arts_(Oxbridge_and_Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Prove it.

MrP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

in theology it seems. Much like I wouldn't ask for an opinion of the nature of god from a doctor of zoology, I'd not be asking a theologian about the finer points of animal phyla.

Plus it seems his mammy was a witch if she was hanging around with Crowley. Talk about confusing for a kid.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

What a lovely day. That bastard sun has finally given way to some proper autumn, I've handed in my masters thesis in bioinformatics, and J C manages once again to break new ground in making a fool of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

Matthew was one of the Apostles ... and he committed the Gospel account to paper during his lifetime.
    The original document may be lost but it has been translated and passed down the generations since then ... and different churches (as well as God) have been responsible for its safe transmission and accuracy.:)

*Dons battle armour and steps into the fray for first time*

So now JC, you've gone from making bogus scientific claims to bogus religious ones. I don't suppose you've got any evidence to back up your assertion about Matthew's gospel by any chance, like how you know that Matthew even wrote that gospel, for one.

Battle armour? No need to steel yourself here, most of J C's swipes are weaker than a drugged kitten.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

You remind me of a Medieval Pope
    As I suspect you may well have known some of them personally, I'm worried by that (almost).
    176393.jpg

Mr MacMurty's "qualification" seems to have been printed by an organization apparently called "The Christian School of Life Theology", a place so small and unimportant that it doesn't even have a website any more, let alone a building or staff.

But one can get an idea of what kind of place it must have been by looking at another tinpot outfit, this time, a place named "Patriot University", the, er, tin shed that gave diploma-mill-doctor Kent Hovind his "doctorate". Here's a picture of this famous seat of learning:

176394.jpg

Meanwhile, here's a picture of a small part of a real university, just to compare. The presence of what might be students, and the lack of a tin roof kinda gives it away though, don't you think?

380046.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I've seen public toilets bigger than that University, and probably produce less shíte than it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Wibbs wrote: »
    in theology it seems. Much like I wouldn't ask for an opinion of the nature of god from a doctor of zoology, I'd not be asking a theologian about the finer points of animal phyla.

Plus it seems his mammy was a witch if she was hanging around with Crowley. Talk about confusing for a kid.

Listening to JC or Mr Grady when it comes to science, history, or even religion is akin to going to a chiropractor for open heart surgery.

To quote Mr Grady
    According to the Bible's account in Genesis, Chapter One, dinosaurs were created on day five and day six of creation week and lived with man until the Flood of Noah. After the Flood, dinosaurs were at a disadvantage for survival and most dinosaur species became extinct during the next several hundred years.

Excuse me while I go outside and die from laughter.

Here's his resume: http://gradymcmurtry.emurse.com/ He hasn't studied science since highschool yet he's trying to make a scientific case for creationism.

Creationist filth should be executed for crimes against intelligence.

What a lovely day. That bastard sun has finally given way to some proper autumn, I've handed in my masters thesis in bioinformatics, and J C manages once again to break new ground in making a fool of himself.
    If you were a Trinity graduate ... all you would have needed to was to pay the appropriate fee ... and voila ... you would have an MA!!!

robindch wrote: »
    176393.jpg
    Meanwhile, here's a picture of a small part of a real university, just to compare. The presence of what might be students, and the lack of a tin roof kinda gives it away though, don't you think?

380046.jpg
    ... but all graduates can get an MA in Trinity by simply paying a fee ... but you have to earn it in State University of New York at Syracuse ... where Dr McMurtry pursued his science studies.

BTW Robin did you ever get around to paying your MA fee yet???

[-0-] wrote: »
    Creationist filth should be executed for crimes against intelligence.
    Charming!!!!

Sounds like you have a bad case ... if you have to engage in such ad hominem, genocidal and sectarian remarks!!!

... and for the record ... here are Dr McMurtry's universities ... where he studied for his BSc and MSc degrees
    http://www.utk.edu/
    http://www.esf.edu/

If you were a Trinity graduate ... all you would have needed to was to pay the appropriate fee ... and voila ... you would have an MA!!!

Why would I want a MA when my interest is in microbiology? And why would I want a degree I didn't earn? They're generally worth more when you get them through hard work, study and research to understand a subject in greater detail. I don't expect any of the creationists you're so thoroughly gay for would know anything about those concepts, though. They all seem to get their doctorates by collecting a certain number of cereal box tokens.

We'll just add college to list of things you don't understand, I guess.

Interesting that JC would put Trinity (ranked 52 in the top 400 colleges in the world) lower than a college that didn't even make the list from what I see.

Why would I want a MA when my interest is in microbiology? And why would I want a degree I didn't earn? They're generally worth more when you get them through hard work, study and research to understand a subject in greater detail. I don't expect any of the creationists you're so thoroughly gay for would know anything about those concepts, though. They all seem to get their doctorates by collecting a certain number of cereal box tokens.

We'll just add college to list of things you don't understand, I guess.
    ... and all Creation Scientists have conventional earned science qualifications from conventional universities for the same reasons that you have outlined above.

koth wrote: »
    Interesting that JC would put Trinity (ranked 52 in the top 400 colleges in the world) lower than a college that didn't even make the list from what I see.
    Trinity is indeed an excellent world class university ... and it has many fine graduates ... some of whom I'm proud to number amongst my friends.

• Advertisement

Trinity is indeed an excellent 'world class' university ... and it has many fine graduates ... some of whom I'm proud to number amongst my friends.

You'll have to re-read my post as I've edited it. It was supposed to read lower not higher.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement