Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

J C wrote: »
    The man gave a prize that he could come up with if somebody were able to claim it.

... winning the John May Prize would only be the start of it ... as a Nobel Prize would be sure to follow.

... although I don't think there is much of a chance that it will ever be claimed ... because materialistic evolution doesn't exist!!!

Certainly what you and John May think evolution is doesn't exist, but what you think it is and what it actually is are very different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Dougla2

The man gave a prize that he could come up with if somebody were able to claim it.

... winning the John May Prize would only be the start of it ... as a Nobel Prize would be sure to follow.

... although I don't think there is much of a chance that it will ever be claimed ... because materialistic evolution doesn't exist!!!

watch one of the evolution videos posted here last night , it has all the thing John may didnt exist , im giving up on arguing with you,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Dougla2 wrote: »
    wow just wow
    ... thought you would be impressed !!!;)

vibe666 wrote: »
    oh and back on topic, the yellow-bellied three-toed skink is doing it's bit to show evolution in action.

can I have my €10k now please?
    ... er ... not so fast ...

The following is courtesy of AIG:-

Giving birth to live young is quite different for skinks than for mammals. Skinks simply retain the eggs (that is, the shelled embryos) inside their bodies, while most mammals develop with a placenta rather than a shell.

Keeping the eggs inside causes the shells to thin, so mother skinks counteract by secreting calcium into the embryos. The researchers claim that this is “basically the early stages of the evolution of a placenta in reptiles.”

So is the skink really “moving” from eggs to live birth, as the National Geographic News headline states?
    On the contrary, it appears that God designed some creatures with the amazing capability to switch birth methods to protect them from environmental dangers; meanwhile, the research team has observed no sign that skinks (or other creatures) have acquired or are acquiring any abilities they once lacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Can I have my €10,000 for showing John May the evidence of glatamic acid
    similarities as predicted by evolutionary theory?

How about:

These are so interesting btw!

:cool:

• Advertisement

Every time you said "highly speculative" and "chance" will become a joke once
    you see those videos..

Can I have my €10,000 for showing John May the evidence of glatamic acid
    similarities as predicted by evolutionary theory?

How about:

These are so interesting btw!
    .. all evidence of a common designer ... and not common descent.

Evolution may explain the 'survival of the fittest' (via NS/SS of existing genetic information) ... but it doesn't explain the 'arrival of the fittest' i.e. the origin of the specified functional complex information present in living systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

You watched eighteen minutes of video in ten minutes? Nice to know you're as receptive to argument as ever.

Edit: Ah, interesting, you've removed one of the videos from sw's post.

Evolution may explain the 'survival of the fittest' (via NS/SS of existing genetic information) ... but it doesn't explain the 'arrival of the fittest' i.e. the origin of the specified functional complex information present in living systems.

Oh my god! :D

So you did watch a bit of the video!

Finally you understand the difference between abiogenesis & evolution!

Keep watching! You're learning something!!!:):D;):rolleyes::cool::pac::P:eek::o:p:D;)

Nobody is talking about god, we're talking about evolution.

Oh, and I like what you just admitted:
    Evolution may explain the 'survival of the fittest' (via NS/SS of existing genetic information)

:cool:

Finally I got JC to admit (s)he believes evolution explains life as we know it!

Frame this, I got JC to admit it! All those previous quotes about how (s)he
    didn't believe in evolution were mute, we have him quoted here as saying
    (s)he understands!

Keep watching, you'll learn something more yet!!!!

You watched eighteen minutes of video in ten minutes? Nice to know you're as receptive to argument as ever.

I added the third video like 30 seconds later, after I posted, so it's
    understandable if (s)he had the page open.

• Advertisement

robindch wrote: »
    Back inside and a spectacularly badly-dressed up Darwin had arrived with four tits and a gorilla.
    ... OK the 'badly dressed Darwin' and the 'Gorilla' ... 'I get' ... but what were "the four tits"???
    ... are you saying that 'The Darwin' had supernumary nipples ... or what???

Sponsoredwalk put up these videos at 11 O'clock this morning!!!

... WHAT are you complaining about NOW???

... anything to do with time or maths ... and your average Evolutionist is completely 'out of his depth'!!!!

... so that's why they don't know the difference between 6,000 and 6 billion years ... or 11am ... and 8pm!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

This guy has counted any scientist who isn't a complete Darwinian on his side.

So far he's got

Margulis
    Collins
    Gould

None of those people would ever associate for even one minute with the lunatic that is John May. How utterly deluded he is....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm finding it increasingly hard to believe anyone in this day and age, with the fruits of science all around us, influencing all our lives through medicine, engineering, chemistry and so on, can really think that somehow "Science" has cooked up a half baked idea, called it Evolution, and have been somehow subverting the world in it's humanist secular plot.

Give me a break.

It only makes creationists look increasingly desperate, when they grasp at alleged "common sense" ideas to prop up their crumbling metaphysics based world scaffold.

Go back to your little dark caves, and convince yourself that the sun is the will of God, while the rest of us can feel sorry for you and get back to the more important business of life and really understanding the facts and functions of the world around us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm finding it increasingly hard to believe anyone in this day and age, with the fruits of science all around us, influencing all our lives through medicine, engineering, chemistry and so on, can really think that somehow "Science" has cooked up a half baked idea, called it Evolution, and have been somehow subverting the world in it's humanist secular plot.

Give me a break.

It only makes creationists look increasingly desperate, when they grasp at alleged "common sense" ideas to prop up their crumbling metaphysics based world scaffold.

Go back to your little dark caves, and convince yourself that the sun is the will of God, while the rest of us can feel sorry for you and get back to the more important business of life and really understanding the facts and functions of the world around us.
    Wait for it... wiat for it.....
    I know you are but what am I:mad::(:):D
    Followed by
    Your belief is crumbling not mine:rolleyes::eek::P:D
    Followed by
    lalalalala But God loves you anyhew:eek::rolleyes::D;)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I used to think that also ... when I was an Evolutionist.

... but then I realised that "the fruits of science all around us, influencing all our lives through medicine, engineering, chemistry and so on" are all the products of Intelligent Design by Human minds ...

... the minds themselves were also obviously Intelligently Designed ... and believing that they were the product of selected mistakes has about as much credibility as sticking a feather in the ground ... and expecting it to grow a hen!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

QUOTE FROM THE BOOK

"Anyone who teaches evolution is either ignorant or deliberately suppressing the known scientific facts."

well apparently creationism fits in perfectly with scientific facts according to this book... author did a good job researching the facts

... but then I realised that "the fruits of science all around us, influencing all our lives through medicine, engineering, chemistry and so on" are all the products of Intelligent Design by Human minds ...

... the minds themselves were also obviously Intelligently Designed ... and believing that they were the product of selected mistakes has about as much credibility as sticking a feather in the ground ... and expecting it to grow a hen!!!!
    Dang . His debating style has changed a little. Evolved if you will.

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    "Anyone who teaches evolution is either ignorant or deliberately suppressing the known scientific facts."

well apparently creationism fits in perfectly with scientific facts according to this book... author did a good job researching the facts
    John please be careful ... your profile is public ... and these guys will ensure you never get a job in science if they think you are a creationist.

You are an evolutionist ... and you were using irony ... weren't you?

John please be careful ... your profile is public ... and these guys will ensure you never get a job in science if they think you are a creationist.

Yes. I, the all powerful Mayo farmer will ensure you never get a job in science. Nuts, creationist AND paranoid!

• Advertisement

Yes. I, the all powerful Mayo farmer will ensure you never get a job in science. Nuts, creationist AND paranoid!
    ... unfortunately, the risk of discrimination is very real ... maybe not from you ... but from others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

johnmcdnl wrote: »

Care to expand on that?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Where have all the posts from yesterday/today all gone?
    You will have to do something that, as a creationst, you may be unfamiliar with -- studying the fossil record! In this case, just scroll back 12 posts to here at 10:57 this morning (23:14h if you're a creationist) to find out what happened.
    ... or are the Atheists censoring the fact that [...]
    Must be mixing us up with some other forum -- ideas are not censored here.
    [...] I (single-handedly) debated the pants off about 20 of them????
    I wouldn't mix up debating the pants off people with boring the pants off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

J C,

Why do you have that quote from The Blind Watchmaker in your sig?

You will have to do something that, as a creationst, you may be unfamiliar with -- studying the fossil record! In this case, just scroll back 12 posts to here at 10:57 this morning (23:14h if you're a creationist) to find out what happened.
    ... are you also having problems with the time that you post Robin ... just like Sponsoredwalk ... why do Evolutionists have such problems with time?

... come on Robin ... what was 'the Darwin with four tits' that you said you saw the other night???
    wrote:
    Originally Posted by robindch
    Back inside and a spectacularly badly-dressed up Darwin had arrived with four tits and a gorilla.

Ush1 wrote: »
    J C,

Why do you have that quote from The Blind Watchmaker in your sig?
    ... because I like Prof Dawkins incisive comments!!!

Must be mixing us up with some other forum -- ideas are not censored here.
    ... can I quote you on that?

... we'll see???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you mean before you devolved into a creationist? :D

i think you just mis-read his post.

but if he had been genuine, i think what you mean is, you wouldn't get a job in a credible scientific field if you show that you lack credibility. it's not a conspiracy, it's just good business.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

... OK the 'badly dressed Darwin' and the 'Gorilla' ... 'I get' ... but what were "the four tits"?
    Count 'em:

128007.jpg

Hint -- they're dressed in white. Faces blocked out to protect the "innocent", btw.

• Advertisement

wrote:
    Originally Posted by robindch

Originally Posted by J C
    ... OK the 'badly dressed Darwin' and the 'Gorilla' ... 'I get' ... but what were "the four tits"?

robindch
    Count 'em:

128007.jpg

Hint -- they're dressed in white. Faces blocked out to protect the innocent.
    I am genuinely shocked that you Robin, would refer to two women as 'four tits'.

I though you were above making such an overtly mysogenistic remark ... but I was obviously wrong.:(

How would you like it if somebody referred to you as a penis ... or a Dick?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement