Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Over 6000 posts in this thread.

Should we be happy or sad?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Plautus wrote: »
    An open society never established a right not to be insulted when the shoe fits. And the shoe most certainly fits. Call it cut and thrust. Whatever about some fits of pique you've prompted, there's no convincing evidence in the thread JC that you're in danger of any 'persecution'. Clearly the creationist industry is paying cretins like you very well; and while I don't think anyone here wants to pass laws against your creationist 'industry', no-one is particularly interested either in gifting you bastards a platform or access to school-children.

... some of the stuff on this thread goes way beyond insult ... and as for the evidence of possible persecution ... it's in practically every posting !!!
    ... I know that ye may think that the mainstream churches are on their 'last legs' ... and that Born Again Christians are your only real opposition ... and they can be isolated and disregarded ... but ye are making a very big mistake.
    I see evidence of a resurgence of faith within the mainstream churches ... and many Saved Christians within all churches are well aware of your expressed intentions towards them and their children ... and this thread and the mega-thread over on the other forum has been a 'wake-up' call in this regard!!!
    Ever wonder why you, and only you, generates this kind of response? Perhaps because you are a simplificateur, evader, soap-boxer, liar and self-righteous proselytiser with few comparisons.

... and its not only me who suffers this abuse by you guys ... practically every Theist who dares to post on your forum, ultimately gets the same 'treatment'.

I have no problem with your beliefs that God doesn't exist and I enjoy engaging with Atheists as to why ye believe this to be true.
    I disagree with your viewpoint ... but I believe ye should be allowed to express and develop your viewpoints without fear or favour.
    ... and all I ask is that the same courtesy be afforded to me and my fellow Theists.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

Anyone who so egregiously manipulates, evades, lies, conveniently omits or fails to properly understand evidence; or anyone who was just such an infuriating presence, and happy as a pig in **** that his 'God' has saved him, for more than a calendar year, might generate what you could call, an understandable level of frustration. It's just that theists seem to do this more frequently. Quelle Surprise!
    Over 6000 posts in this thread.

Should we be happy or sad?

If you ask me, sad. A lot of wasted energy hitting the extremely low-hanging fruit. Not much to show for it. We know now what we knew then and our favourite malefactor knows now what he knew at the start: which is next to nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Sarky & Plautus, I applaud you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I'll do my level best to be 110% more insulting towards you in future.
    Not on A+A you won't!

• Advertisement

Anyone who so egregiously manipulates, evades, lies, conveniently omits or fails to properly understand evidence [...] more than a calendar year, might generate what you could call, an understandable level of frustration.
    Calendar year? JC's been posting basically the same stuff since February 2005.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=224944

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

robindch wrote: »
    Not on A+A you won't!
    :)
    no-one is particularly interested either in gifting you bastards a platform or access to school-children.
    robindch,where past is filled with horror, who cares for future. The injustice, the pain and insult in this mortal world are sufficient to make mankind insane.

dead one wrote: »
    where past is filled with horror, who cares for future.
    I think you'll find that quite a lot of atheists and agnostics do.

The future is all we have to look forward to.

I think i have found that you don't do---
    it seems you don't understand a very simple point, Let see how
    Insult, horror and injustice in Past
    Originally Posted by Plautus
    no-one is particularly interested either in gifting you bastards a platform or access to school-children.
    Hope in present
    Originally Posted by robindch
    Not on A+A you won't!
    who cares for future

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I think i have found that you don't do---
    And you who it is that do.
    it seems you don't understand a very simple point, Let see how
    Insult, horror and injustice in Past
    then from the sorrow, fadoo, he blow he brain in.
    Hope in present
    Hope is everything to those who hope.
    who cares for future
    We who cared for past mistakes have ever really gone as far as to be more like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Have you all forsaken the english language?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

J C wrote: »
    I have no problem with your beliefs that God doesn't exist and I enjoy engaging with Atheists as to why ye believe this to be true.
    I disagree with your viewpoint ... but I believe ye should be allowed to express and develop your viewpoints without fear or favour.
    ... and all I ask is that the same courtesy be afforded to me and my fellow Theists.

Review your posting history and constant insults towards people in this thread and ask yourself if you can really claim the above to be true.

Calendar year? JC's been posting basically the same stuff since February 2005.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=224944

:eek:

http://youtu.be/XhnN54tHjkI

Review your posting history and constant insults towards people in this thread and ask yourself if you can really claim the above to be true.
    I may question your ideas ... but I don't engage in making unfounded personal remarks.

... lets stick to debating our respective ideas ... and leave the personal remarks at home!!!

You are right, Robin, the future is what we all have to look forward to ... and sharing that future in a civil and respectful manner is important, whatever your religious persuasion.

History is littered with accounts of man's inhumanity to his fellow man ... and very often religion (of both the Theistic and Atheistic varieties) is right in there in the middle of it, adding to the flames!!!!

I think that we all can live in harmony, if we respect alternative viewpoints ... and if I have insulted anybody or didn't show full respect for your viewpoint, I sincerely apologise.

Of course we all can choose to be offended at even mild remarks directed at us ... but we should all be men enough to just say touché ... and move on when this occurs ... or even return the 'compliment'!!!!:)

It would indeed be a very boring world if we all had the same viewpoint ... and equallly, just because somebody is wrong about something ... doesn't necessarily mean that they are wrong about everything.

I once was an Evolutionist myself, so my presence on this thread is motivated as much by my concern for you guys as my desire to impart whatever I have learned about living and life ... because I see so much of me (when I was younger) in ye guys.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

I see so much of me (when I was younger) in ye guys.:)

is there a generation gap?

i'm 27... what age are you?

And you who it is that do.
    neutral person i am, clear of all kind bigotry/ prejudices which is deep rooted in thy heart of sea....
    then from the sorrow, fadoo, he blow he brain in.
    choose you sorrow, to blow to brain :)
    Hope is everything to those who hope.
    To hope is to risk pain, and it is good to take risk in life ---but you can't take risk for nothingness as you believe in nothingness ;)
    We who cared for past mistakes have ever really gone as far as to be more like.
    you are bigot who cared for bigotry, thinking, that you were caring for mistakes --- "“Bigotry is the disease of ignorance, of morbid minds; enthusiasm of the free and buoyant. education and free discussion are the antidotes of both.”

10544781.jpg

Doc_Savage wrote: »
    i'm 27...
    a man of your age shouldn't look like that

Quote:
    "You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"
    Quoting Oliver Cromwell in Ireland isn't going to win you any brownie points!!!

neutral person i am, clear of all kind bigotry/ prejudices which is deep rooted in thy heart of sea.
    you are bigot who cared for bigotry
    And you, dead-one, are cruising for a carding -- drop the bigotry nonsense and do try to contribute something that people might want to read.

• Advertisement

And you, dead-one, are cruising for a carding -- drop the bigotry nonsense and do try to contribute something that people might want to read.
    robindch, are you saying?, i should contribute something that people might want to attack with their bigoted views --- You are smart but Thoughts in Prison --- alright, lets share someting, a challenge

1. Is there any scientific evidence, that non- intelligence can create intelligence
    Don't get me wrong, here, i am acting as half evolutionist and as half creationist, I am a sure, it a very easy for a genius like you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

1. Is there any scientific evidence, that non- intelligence can create intelligence

Your question doesn't make sense. At least, if you understand evolution. A better way to pose it would be to ask this - Is there evidence of gradual speciation from a primitive, non-intelligent species to intelligent modern species? The answer is yes - there absolutely is evidence.

robindch, are you saying?
    For the avoidance of doubt -- the next time you call somebody a bigot, you will receive a red card. The time after that, you will receive a ban.

If you can't post here politely, then please go find somewhere else to post.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Your question doesn't make sense. At least, if you understand evolution. A better way to pose it would be to ask this - Is there evidence of gradual speciation from a primitive, non-intelligent species to intelligent modern species? The answer is yes - there absolutely is evidence.
    and what is that, please
    For the avoidance of doubt -- the next time you call somebody a bigot, you will receive a red card. The time after that, you will receive a ban.
    i think my truth has hurt you, but you aren't hurting me, believe me, i feel no pain in red cards or bans, if you are happy to give me red cards or ban then i am happy as you are happy :) ---
    If you can't post here politely,
    right, isn't freedom of expression politeness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

and what is that, please

Uh, countless fossils, DNA?

i think my truth has hurt you
    Oh, grow up and act your age, will ya? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

neutral person i am, clear of all kind bigotry/ prejudices which is deep rooted in thy heart of sea....

Men of all seas have bigotry in their evil hearts.
    choose you sorrow, to blow to brain :)

He blow he brain out, made great album cover.
    To hope is to risk pain, and it is good to take risk in life ---but you can't take risk for nothingness as you believe in nothingness ;)

Nothingness is what awaits all of your persons. Are you an persons?
    you are bigot who cared for bigotry, thinking, that you were caring for mistakes --- "“Bigotry is the disease of ignorance, of morbid minds; enthusiasm of the free and buoyant. education and free discussion are the antidotes of both.”

Bigots are bigoted towards bigotry. "Why cry when angels deserve to die."
    Buoyancy is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Don't get me wrong, here, i am acting as half evolutionist and as half creationist, I am a sure, it a very easy for a genius like you...

Is there any scientific evidence of said intelligence that can create life? and i dont mean quotes from a book of fairy tales written by bronze age man.

Is there any scientific evidence, that non- intelligence can create intelligence
    You're saying that "intelligence" cannot come from "non-intelligence"?

If that's the case, then who created your deity?

• Advertisement

Quoting Oliver Cromwell in Ireland isn't going to win you any brownie points!!!

Oh JC, if only you were so apt to check the provenance of all of the garbage you read to support your position.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement