Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Sarky wrote: »
    Embarrassing yourself further it is, then. Disappointing, but entirely predictable. You just can't do it, can you? And you can't even admit it.
    I'm not the one claiming to be spontaneously 'evolved' from 'Pondkind' ... and a Monkey's Cousin ... now that's really embarrassing!!!:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if this thread is one giant circular argument, how many arc seconds along is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The only one here claiming that is you, J C. Misrepresenting things again. That's just another way of lying. Why do you lie so much?

koth wrote: »
    in that case, woo me, JC. .
    My faith prevents me!!!:)

koth wrote: »
    Debunk the paper.
    OK ... the paper doesn't present any evidence that scientifically invalidates CFSI.

... Happy now???:)

if this thread is one giant circular argument, how many arc seconds along is it?
    It's at infinity ... and beyond!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

J C wrote: »
    My faith prevents me!!!:)

OK ... the paper doesn't present any evidence that scientifically invalidates CFSI.
    .... Happy now???:)

nope. that's just a statement, you haven't provided anything to back it up.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Try harder. debunking requires detail. Any scientist who is not a moron knows this.

Try harder. debunking requires detail. Any scientist who is not a moron knows this.
    ... so come on - and provide the detail ... if it exists ... in your pet paper!!!

The detail is all there in the paper. You haven't read it.

The detail is all there in the paper.
    Where?

• Advertisement

Between the first and last pages, in a nice ordered format, point by point. It's a scientific paper, J C. It deconstructs most of your arguments piece by piece, with supporting evidence and citations. It's all ordered and easy to read.

You clearly haven't bothered to read it. Why did you lie about that?

Between the first and last pages, in a nice ordered format, point by point. It's a scientific paper, J C. It deconstructs most of your arguments piece by piece, with supporting evidence and citations. It's all ordered and easy to read.
    Wow!!!
    If it really did as you say I'm sure you would be quoting it freely ... rather than running away from it ... and refusing to cite any part of it ... whilst shouting 'liar, liar, pants on fire' ... and waving your hands all over the place!!!:D

Do your own damn legwork. You can run away from this paper like you have for the last several months, or you can finally grow a pair and read the paper, and then show us all how it us wrong and you are right.

Unless you're still too scared. I wouldn't be surprised.

Do your own damn legwork. You can run away from this paper like you have for the last several months, or you can finally grow a pair and read the paper, and then show us all how it us wrong and you are right.
    You're the guys running away from your own cited paper!!!!

We've been asking you to debunk that paper for months, the only one running from it is you.

But you know that.

Read the paper, and either debunk it (and that includes using evidence, you know, like a real scientist), or admit that cfsi is a stupid concept and you've been wrong to keep repeating it as proof against evolution.

We'd all prefer at this late stage if you didn't run away from it like a little girl who scraped her knee, as you have done without fail every time we've asked in the past.

In deference to Science Week ... and in the interest of scientific 'eucuminism' ... I am posting the following link to a very interesting talk by Prof Dawkins ... on many things besides Biology (although he does mention Evolution repeatedy) ... enjoy!!!:D:)
    http://www.sweetspeeches.com/s/338-richard-dawkins-queerer-than-we-can-suppose-the-strangeness-of-science

He asks two very interesting philosophical questions:-

"Are there things about the universe that will be forever beyond our grasp, but not beyond the grasp of some superior intelligence?" ... I wonder WHO could that 'superior intelligence' could possibly be? :)

"Are there things about the universe that are in principle, ungraspable by any mind however superior". ... and my answer is ... possibly every mind, except the mind of God!!!:)

He talks about the probability of life arising as being 10^20 (his estimate for the number of planets in the Universe) if life only has arisen on Earth ... or a smaller number, if it also has arisen spontaneously on other planets ... but this assumes that life arose spontaneously ... when it couldn't.
    ... we must bear in mind that the probability of getting just one specific functional 100 biochemcal is 10^130 ... so the spontaneous production and 'evolution' of life is a mathematical impossibility!!!

The fact that there is life on Earth doesn't prove that the probabliity of its spontaneous production is less than 10^20, as Prof Dawkins claims ... because the spontaeous production of the specific components for a 'simple cell' is 10^40,000 ... the math is saying that the presence of life on Earth is actually proof of its intelligent creation!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

I look back on this thread as the single biggest waste of my time in the past
    year & a half, but with that said if John May comes into the thread making
    arguments against evolution I'll come back & even sift through the thread
    to get all the previous links that are currently going to waste.

I look back on this thread as the single biggest waste of my time in the past
    year & a half, ...
    It is only a waste ... if you refuse to accept the truth ... and be Saved!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

It is only a waste ... if you refuse to accept the truth ... and be Saved!!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

"Are there things about the universe that will be forever beyond our grasp, but not beyond the grasp of some superior intelligence?" ... I wonder WHO could that could possibly be? :)

Aliens.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

In deference to Science Week ... and to show my scientific 'ecuminism' ... I am posting the following link to a very interesting talk from Prof Dawkins ... on many things besides Biology (although he does mention Evolution repeatedy) ... enjoy!!!:D:)
    http://www.sweetspeeches.com/s/338-richard-dawkins-queerer-than-we-can-suppose-the-strangeness-of-science

He asks two very interesting philosophical questions:-

"Are there things about the universe that will be forever beyond our grasp, but not beyond the grasp of some superior intelligence?" ... I wonder WHO could that could possibly be? :)

"Are there things about the universe that are in principle, ungraspable by any mind however superior". ... and my answer is ... possibly every mind, except the mind of God!!!:)

He talks about the probability of life as being 10^20 (his estimate for the number of planets in the Universe) if it only has arisen on Earth ... or a smaller number, if it has arisen spontaneously on other planets ...
    ... but the probability of getting just one specific functional 100 biochemcal is 10^130 ... so the spontaneous production and 'evolution' of life is a mathematical impossibility!!!

The fact that there is life on Earth doesn't prove that the probabliity of its spontaneous production is less than 10^20, as Prof Dawkins claims ... because the spontaeous production of the specific components for a 'simple cell' is 10^40,000 ... the math is saying that the presence of life on Earth is proof of its intelligent creation!!!!

If you're going to start with the bad maths again, you best get to disproving the paper you've been avoiding.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Aliens.
    They exist allright ... but they didn't Create Mankind.

Hitler was an occultist ... and an Evolutionist ... so that may explain why his 'peace' was actually war!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

Hitler was an occultist ... and an Evolutionist ... so that is probably why his 'peace' was actually war!!!

MURRRR

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They exist allright ... but they didn't Create Mankind.

Wait so you believe in extraterrestrial life now? Also no-one said they created mankind.

Wait so you believe in extraterrestrial life now?
    I know they exist!!!
    Also no-one said they created mankind.
    Good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I know they exist!!!

Good.

But while we're on the topic - the probability of aliens spawning life on Earth is about a billion times more likely than the Christian God. ;)

dlofnep wrote: »
    But while we're on the topic - the probability of aliens spawning life on Earth is about a billion times more likely than the Christian God. ;)
    They may have 'fiddled' with it ... but they didn't Create life ... God did that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

They may have 'fiddled' with it ... but they didn't Create life ... God did that!!!

God didn't do anything. And the more exclamation marks you add to it, doesn't give the idea anymore merit. ;)

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote: »
    God didn't do anything. ;)
    Good to see that you accept that He exists.:)

... and He Created everything!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement