Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

J C wrote: »
    ... normally you would be right ... but in this instance we are dealing with somebody who seems to be a literary and scientific prodigy!!!
    ... what world are you living in exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

King Mob wrote: »
    So not everything has a prior cause...?

Do you read your own posts or just post them as soon your brain ****s them out?
    ... everything has a prior cause ... until you reach transcendance ... AKA God.

So something doesn't have a prior cause?

Then therefore not everything has a prior cause.

Surely you can see the huge flaw in your "Logic".

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

aka "everything has a prior cause until I say so"

... what world are you living in exactly?
    ... I have read the 'free bit' of his book on his website ... and it has considerable literary merit.:)

http://www.theoriginofspeciousnonsense.com/book%20demo/bookdemo.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

... normally you would be right ... but in this instance we are dealing with somebody who seems to be a literary and scientific prodigy!!!
    Seriously, why haven't you been banned yet?

Thread has had 666 replies, teehee

aw look I ruined it :pac:

... I have read the 'free bit' of his book on his website ... and it has considerable literary merit.

http://www.theoriginofspeciousnonsense.com/book%20demo/bookdemo.html

So you're library doesn't include much more that young adult books I take it?

Comic value?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Dougla2

Comic value?
    because the mods here aren't Christianity mods ;):D:):D:cool: :pac::pac::pac::mad::rolleyes::mad:

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    aka "everything has a prior cause until I say so"
    ... no ... not until I say so ... because I'm a man ...
    ... you seem to like men who are not very 'PC' ... I'm hoping you will like this not very 'PC' statement?? !!!!:pac:

... you seem to like men who are not very 'PC' ... so I'm hoping you will like this statement?? !!!!:pac:

You haven't a clue who I like and don't like, so clear off

and it is exactly what you are claiming, "everything has a prior cause until I say so"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Dougla2

... you seem to like men who are not very 'PC' ... so I'm hoping you will like this statement?? !!!!:pac:
    wow, maybe she likes men who tell it as it is. women who are wearing skimpy clothes and being payed to do it know they are going to be gawked at its part of the job that's why they are there.

... I'm hoping you will like this not very 'PC' statement?? !!!!:pac:

Well as an atheist I imagine she doesn't "like" men per se. Just sees them as suitable hosts for her eggs, which she then implants using her atheist's stinger located under the tongue.

Well as an atheist I imagine she doesn't "like" men per se. Just sees them as suitable hosts for her eggs, which them implants using her atheist's stinger located under the tongue.
    ... that 'word picture' is as good as a cold shower ... and is guaranteed to eliminate any thoughts of lust that anybody might be harbouring on this thread ... so Robin please read!!!:pac:

Comic value?
    ... I see that the tread has gone into the stratosphere (by A & A standards) with over 22 k hits ...

... that was how the BCP mega-thread started-off!!!:eek:

... I see that the tread has gone into the stratosphere (by A & A standards) with over 22 k hits ...

... that was how the BCP mega-thread started!!!:eek:

Why don't you go back to BCP then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

I don't get it. You genuinely seem to be serious about believing in creation, and then you come out with stuff like this. It's hard to tell whether you're simply trolling or whether you're actually insane.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Why don't you go back to BCP then
    You certainly don't 'mince your words' Bluewolf.

The BCP and the OSN are not mutually exclusive threads!!

ColmDawson wrote: »
    I don't get it. You genuinely seem to be serious about believing in creation, and then you come out with stuff like this. It's hard to tell whether you're simply trolling or whether you're actually insane.
    I have found that the 'best' Evolutionist writers have a good lierary style ... and write a good story ...

... as Creationism is now 'coming of age' ... it was almost inevitable that some good literature (as well as science) would be written about it ... and John May seems to be the man!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

.... why would someone ... always post like this ...?
    .... are they on ... a ventilator... ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Perhaps you should start behaving as though you are more than just your penis!!!!
    ... you seem to like men who are not very 'PC' ... I'm hoping you will like this not very 'PC' statement?? !!!!:pac:
    JC hasn't been banned (despite violating perhaps one third of the forum's charter) because this thread is receiving between two and three times the usual level of forum traffic, no doubt via google, and JC is doing a splendid job of demonstrating what creationism is all about.

Pray, continue!

robindch wrote: »
    JC hasn't been banned (despite violating perhaps one third of the forum's charter) because this thread is receiving between two and three times the usual level of forum traffic, no doubt via google, and JC is doing a splendid job of demonstrating what creationism is all about.

Pray, continue!
    What rules am I breaking ... that every other poster isn't also breaking?

... and where am I factually wrong in anything I have said?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

What rules am I breaking ... that every other poster isn't also breaking?

... and were am I factually wrong in anything I have said?

BACK SEAT MODING BACK SEAT MODING... GET HIM!!!!!!

BACK SEAT MODING BACK SEAT MODING... GET HIM!!!!!!
    I'm not questioning Robin's rulings ... because he hasn't made any ... other than ask that we continue!!
    So let's all get back to the topic at hand.

... and Robin ... we may have our differences ... but life is too short for anything but friendship ... and I am extending the hand of friendship to you and everyone else on the A & A.

I hope you know that anything I have said to you is a bit of friendly 'slagging' !!!

Love and Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

jc wrote:

... and where am I factually wrong in anything I have said?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=14469992#

.....................:P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Oh my God, I'm so used to the BCP thread that I forgot the same rules don't apply here.

JC : Creationism is bull****.

Anyways, the SGU's podcast (if you don't listen to this podcast, then you really ought to) this week mentions this whole debacle regard Mr Lenihan. The one point they made that really struck me was that John May is the leader of the resistance. As to how I forgot about that connection I honestly don't know, boardsies, nerds, how did you guys forget?

Well as an atheist I imagine she doesn't "like" men per se. Just sees them as suitable hosts for her eggs, which she then implants using her atheist's stinger located under the tongue.
    Ovipositors give me the 'creeps'!!!:eek:

Malty_T wrote: »
    Oh my God, I'm so used to the BCP thread that I forgot the same rules don't apply here.

Anyways, the SGU's podcast (if you don't listen to this podcast, then you really ought to) this week mentions this whole debacle regard Mr Lenihan. The one point they made that really struck me was that John May is the leader of the resistance. As to how I forgot about that connection I honestly don't know, boardsies, nerds, how did you guys forget?
    ... I listened to it ... and all I found were a number of 'skeptics' ... in a mutual admiration society ... who seem to be skeptical of everything except Evolution ... something that they accept with the unquestioning faith of an acolyte!!!:)
    Malty_T wrote: »
    ... Replace 'Creationism' with 'evolution' and you could be John J May .. only he backs up his statements with evidence!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

22K+ views. Awesome.

DEAR CREATIONISTS OF THE WORLD.
    WE HAVE ALREADY WON. YOUR CHILDREN'S MINDS BELONG TO US.
    GOD IS DEAD.

THAT IS ALL.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement