Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Mr. Boo

J C wrote: »
    That is a very good question ... that remains un-answered by science ... but is answered by the Bible.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76208668&postcount=6956

Just had a scan of Genesis. Where's this question answered? It's not in my copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭token56

I'm sorry if I am mistaken in what I think the Atheists have said on this thread ... and I would be grateful if you could clarify what they are saying.

So is it now the position of the Atheists on this thread that the beliefs and practices of all Faiths should be respected in schools ... and their beliefs given parity of esteem with Atheistic Ideas on all issues?

Lets cut the chase here, what you're eventually going to get around to is should for example things like creationism be thought along side evolution etc in the class room. The answer is maybe, things like young earth creationism has no place in a science class because its not science, you've argued it in the megathread and lost that point well and truely. It may have a place in a subject with teaches different positions of faith since creationism is a position of faith and no more, but that would about it. All aspects of all different religions can be taught in schools, you just need the right subject to accommodate them, maybe a history of religion(s) subject or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Wow you've gone from hating atheists to actively hitting on them :eek::eek::eek: sorry JC you seem like a.. eh.. person but I'm spoken for :cool: and I don't think your god is all too keen on us getting sweaty :o;);):(
    I don't hate anybody ... I love everybody ... in a purely platonic way, I hasten to add!!!

... and I'm spoken for too!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I don't hate anybody ... I love everybody ... in a purely platonic way, I hasten to add!!!

... and I'm spoken for too!!!:)

He must be very handsome. And patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

Sarky wrote: »

He's alright..

41778_5219984690_2469_n.jpg

• Advertisement

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C

... and I'm spoken for too!!!

Sarky
    He's a She ... and I'm a He!!!

I prefer to use equipment in accordance with the Manufacturer's Instructions ... I find that it works much better that way!!!:):D

Last time my young fella shoved a carrot up the exhaust of my lawnmower ... it blew a gasket ... and had to be scrapped!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

He's a she ... and I'm a He!!!

I prefer to use equipment in accordance with the Manufacturer's Instructions ... I find that it works much better that way!!!:):D

Last time my young fella shoved a carrot up the exhaust of my lawnmower ... it blew a gasket ... and had to be scrapped!!!:eek:

Sure, we believe you ;) Send 'her' my regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

JC are you the author of origin?

RichieC wrote: »
    No ... it was a guy called Darwin !!!!:)
    ... and John May wrote the sequel ... or was it the epitaph!!!!:eek::D

dlofnep wrote: »
    Sure, we believe you ;) Send 'her' my regards.
    She is 'out of your league'!!!:eek::)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I'm tired and I have to go meet friends to teach them how to make Irish whiskey, so just take it as gospel when I say there's a whole load of misunderstood molecular biology here. I suppose it's a refreshing that for once it's not J C, but still, this will not stand. I'll be back later. Possibly drunk. But informed and drunk.

I'm finally off my android, and I still couldn't be bothered about the abiogenesis bit I said I would reply to. Oh and I am perfectly sober too. But I got my call to the knights watch what an adventure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

No ... it was a guy called Darwin !!!!:)

it wouldnt be a slight.. Ive met john a few times and hes a terribly nice gent!

Ive met john a few times and hes a terribly nice gent!
    I've talked to him too ... and I can vouch for that.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

She is 'out of your league'!!!:eek::)

I'm sure 'she' is! ;)

If you said water is wet I would go and check. You really expect us to believe anything you say at this point?

If you said water is wet I would go and check. You really expect us to believe anything you say at this point?
    You are free to believe ... or to not believe, what I have said ... as you see fit.
    ... you are also free to believe ... or to not believe, what God has said ... as you see fit ... so I'm in good company!!!:D;)

I speak the truth ... and the truth will set you free.

... but it is entirely up to you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Is this a religious way of telling us your gay son gave a sexually transmitted
    disease to another man thereby killing him or just some veiled gay bashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

This may come as a surprise to you but gay people don't have spinning blades up their rectums.

Its what it says it is ... an observation about what happened to my lawnmower ... nothing more ... nothing less.

My son was a young child at the time ... and the lawnmower never worked properly again.

Maybe the lawnmower was 'on its last legs' anyway ... but starting it with a blocked exhaust certainly didn't help.

You mean you were sincerely interjecting the topic of blowing a lawnmower
    gasket by shoving a carrot up the "exhaust" in the exact post in which you
    responded to accusations that whomever it is that has "spoken" for you is
    actually a man? My apologies, I've totally misread the situation...

• Advertisement

You mean you were sincerely interjecting the topic of blowing a lawnmower
    gasket by shoving a carrot up the "exhaust" in the exact post in which you
    responded to accusations that whomever it is that has "spoken" for you is
    actually a man? My apologies, I've totally misread the situation...
    You have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Its what it says it is ... an observation about what happened to my lawnmower ... nothing more ... nothing less.

My son was a young child at the time ... and the lawnmower never worked properly again.

Maybe the lawnmower was 'on its last legs' anyway ... but starting it with a blocked exhaust certainly didn't help.

Wait, you let a small child go at an active lawnmower, and then shove a carrot in it?

That's just dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

Now I'm convinced you're trolling JC.

Silly me, I guess I just seen an equivalence between what you'd done &
    what a covert racist does when they immediately jump to laziness or
    some other negative stereotype when discussing race, or jumping to both
    laziness & black people when discussing welfare, such as Rick Santorum
    demonstrates literally today. But no, you genuinely thought that a
    comment about shoving a carrot up the rear end of a lawnmower,
    thereby destroying it, fit perfectly right after a comment in which you
    tell us that the "Manufacturer's Instructions" are for sex to be for a man
    & a woman (note the subtle hate in that comment) & that this is in no
    way gay bashing. Honestly, I don't know which scenario is worse...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Rick Santorum
    Can't hear his name without thinking of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_for_%22santorum%22_neologism

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Wait, you let a small child go at an active lawnmower, and then shove a carrot in it?

That's just dangerous.
    It wasn't 'active' ... as you call it, at the time the child shoved the carrot into it (it was parked and turned off)!!!

... and it wasn't very active, when I subsequently tried to start it, either!!!

Is this a religious way of telling us your gay son gave a sexually transmitted
    disease to another man thereby killing him or just some veiled gay bashing?
    What???

You really do have a vivid imagination ... I guess it must come from being a life-long Evolutionist ... and believing in all those incredible stories that you guys confuse yourselves with!!!:(

So ... which part of this truism do you not understand ... or disagree with?
    "I prefer to use equipment in accordance with the Manufacturer's Instructions ... I find that it works much better that way!!!"
    Please also bear in mind that I am not demanding that anybody else needs to follow my preference ... unless they want to borrow mechanical equipment from me!!!

Equally, which part of the following true account of the effects of treating a lawnmower in a manner that wasn't in accordance with the manufacturers instructions do you have a problem with?:
    "Last time my young fella shoved a carrot up the exhaust of my lawnmower ... it blew a gasket ... and had to be scrapped!!!"

... and as for 'bashing' ... you are the guys who are actually engaging in 'Christian Bashing' :-
    ... against me on this thread ... with your latest outrageous suggestion that I am in a covert homosexual relationship with an American prisoner ... when I have made it repeatedly clear that I am a faithfully married Christian man.
    ... and ...
    ... against the Amish Christian People, with the following expression of hate directed against them!!!!
    ShooterSF wrote: »
    BTW the more I write about this the more hatred I get thinking of the Amish... They're my new enemies :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76197614&postcount=6931

... and, unlike you guys ... this 'bashing' isn't in my imagination!!!:(

Hey, don't be so put out. It's ok for your son to be gay. Don't stress over it.

Hey, don't be so put out. It's ok for your son to be gay. Don't stress over it.
    What are you talking about???

... now I know why Evolutionists cannot engage in logical deduction ... ye prefer to think up fantastic myths instead of accepting realities and facts !!

... realities like myself and my family being all hetrosexuals ...
    ... and facts like the Direct Creation and Intelligent Design of all life !!

• Advertisement

Sure. All straight.

*chuckle*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement