Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

sephir0th wrote: »
    No, it isn't possible to make a perfect circle because of plancks distance.
    Need my five-year old to go "Awwwlllllright!" at this point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

devilsad wrote: »
    Even though I don't know the man, having listened to him speak and having read through his website, I can say with certainty that he didn't have this in mind when saying the tennis balls wouldn't land in a perfect circle. What he meant was a symmetrical circle.

Nah, I'm convinced John May was thinking about Planck length when he was giving the tennis ball demo!

Here is it anyway if you want a laugh..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Sarky wrote: »
    Surely one ridiculously misinformed (or just plain old dishonest) poster obsessed with ignoring a mountain of facts and evidence in favour of a shoddily-written book is enough for this thread?
    You really do suffer from self esteem issues!!!:D

I find that Salvation can be a good cure!!!!:)

Is this real love? You see, I'm rather cynical. And we haven't even met. It's a very sweeping statement.
    What is 'real love' for an Evolutionist, anyway???
    They think that they are ultimately a 'prisoner' of their 'selfish genes' ... and a product of blind pitiless indifference ... so what's 'real love' got to do with it?
    ... as far as an Evolutionist is concerned!!!:eek:

... could I also point out that people don't need to know other people intimately to hate them ... so I don't need to know you personally to love you either ... i.e. to wish you the very best in this life ... and the next.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You have a paper to address.

I suggest you do that, instead of insulting people. Or you could admit you don't understand what you're talking about and apologise.

• Advertisement

You have a paper to address.

I suggest you do that, instead of insulting people. Or you could admit you don't understand what you're talking about and apologise.
    I would suggest that you take your own advice ... and stop insulting me ... and address your own paper.

... and I wasn't insulting anybody ... just pitying them !!!:eek:

... it could all be so different (and happier) for them, if they accepted the truth that there is a loving just God ... who wants to save them ... from themselves!!!

Conclusions based on observed evidence are not insults. I'll apologise the moment you can provide evidence to the contrary. The best way for you to do that is by addressing that paper. That's how it works. You'd know that if you had the scientific background you keep claiming to have but never go into.

So cut the bullsh*t and address the paper, or admit you're wrong.

sephir0th wrote: »
    Here is it anyway if you want a laugh..
    Yes John is a very funny guy ... and when I watched the video, I also laughed ... at Evolution!!!:):D

Its simply unbelievable that grown men believe that they are descended from pondslime ... but some do ... poor things!!!:eek:

• Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Yes, your argument in support of being descended from a golem is much more likely :rolleyes:

If you can read this, you're too close!

The paper, J C.

Debunk it. It won't go away if you try to ignore it. Besides, you promised. Or are you an oathbreaker? Your bible has some pretty unambiguous things to say about breaking promises.

Debunk it or apologise for all the ridiculously misinformed crap you've been posting since you got here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

J C wrote: »
    I would suggest that you take your own advice ... and stop insulting me ... and address your own paper.

... and I wasn't insulting anybody ... just pitying them ... and their 'blind pitiless indifferent' philosophy!!!:eek:

... it could all be so different (and happier) for them, if they accepted the truth that there is a loving just God ... who wants to save them ... from themselves!!!

So you can't actually prove anything you said so you're just going to revert to telling us all god loves us. That would actually be fair enough in a way, if you weren't trying to claim you had a valid scientific argument.

If we're going to throw up completely irrelevant things though, would that be the same loving god who has a tendency to smite anyone who disobeys him?

Yes John is a very funny guy ... and when I watched the video, I also laughed ... at Evolution!!!:):D

Laugh at evolution all you like, until you throw up some proof for your arguments, the rest of us are going to have the last laugh ;)
    Its simply unbelievable that grown men believe that they are descended from pondslime ... but some do ... poor things!!!:eek:

Yes, the whole 'popped magically into existence' school of thought is much more probable.

The paper, J C.

Debunk it. It won't go away if you try to ignore it. Besides, you promised. Or are you an oathbreaker? Your bible has some pretty unambiguous things to say about breaking promises.
    The Bible actually has pretty unambiguous things to say about oath takers !!!

Matthew 5:36-37
    New International Version (NIV)

36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

The Bible actually has pretty unambiguous things to say about oath takers !!!

Matthew 5:36-37
    New International Version (NIV)

36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

And the paper.......?

... would that be the same loving god who has a tendency to smite anyone who disobeys him?
    ... that is the perfect justice aspect to Him.

... I prefer to avail of His perfect mercy myself ... but whatever you're having yourself!!!:eek:

... that is the perfect justice aspect to Him.

... I prefer to avail of His perfect mercy myself ... but whatever you're having yourself!!!:eek:

Exacting vengeance on anyone who disagrees with you isn't perfect justice, it's acting like a child throwing his toys out of the pram.

The paper?

Laugh at evolution all you like, until you throw up some proof for your arguments, the rest of us are going to have the last laugh ;)
    CFSI ... :)

Yes, the whole 'popped magically into existence' school of thought is much more probable.
    I'm not into 'The Big Bang' myself either!!!!:pac:
    Mbeep ... Mbeep!!!:cool:

... that must be at least 9 - 0 in favour of Creation !!!

Exacting vengeance on anyone who disagrees with you isn't perfect justice, it's acting like a child throwing his toys out of the pram.
    Exacting vengence on everyone who deserves it ... is Justice in action!!!
    ... its what is done in the Law Courts every day of the week!!!
    The paper?
    You first ...:)

CFSI ... :)

Sorry, did you read 'proof' as 'nonsense acronym dug up from some creationist 'science' website'?

I'm not into 'The Big Bang' myself either!!!!:pac:
    Mbeep ... Mbeep!!!:cool:

... that must be at least 9 - 0 in favour of Creation !!!

Once again you display your staggering lack of understanding of science.

The paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

J C must be getting desperate: none of his usual methods of evasion - changing the subject, ignoring the question, answering questions that weren't asked, claiming that he'd answered the questions, quote-walling, quote-mining, misquoting other posters, irrelevancies, bad jokes, disappearing for several days or weeks, posting in other threads - has worked.

I predict, given that the chances of J C actually addressing (or attempting to address) the paper are approximately zero, that we may soon be rid of this thread. And not a moment month too soon.

(Edit: left out a couple of his evasion methods)

• Advertisement

Exacting vengence on everyone who deserves it ... is Justice in action!!!
    ... its what is done in the Law Courts every day of the week!!!

Yes, exactly. Now go back and read what I said again.
    You first ...:)

:confused:

J C must be getting desperate: none of his usual methods of evasion - changing the subject, ignoring the question, answering questions that weren't asked, claiming that he'd answered the questions, quote-walling, quote-mining, misquoting other posters, disappearing for several days or weeks, posting in other threads - has worked.

I predict, given that the chances of J C actually addressing (or attempting to address) the paper are approximately zero, that we may soon be rid of this thread. And not a moment month too soon.

Agreed, I'm out. I really shouldn't be encouraging him, but it's a slow day...

Yes, exactly. Now go back and read what I said again.
    I read what you said ... I was just correcting an inaccuracy in your statement in relation to God's justice.

Agreed, I'm out. I really shouldn't be encouraging him, but it's a slow day...
    Has no answer ... so runs away!!!
    10 - 0 to Creation!!:)

I read what you said ... I was just correcting an inaccuracy in your statement in relation to God's justice.

Last post on this thread - you didn't correct me at all. In fact you backed me up by bolding the words 'who deserves it'.

To quote bad religion:

"it's all right to have faith in god
    but when you bend to their rules and their ****ing lies
    that's when I start to have pity on you."

Thank you, and goodnight.

J C must be getting desperate: none of his usual methods of evasion - changing the subject, ignoring the question, answering questions that weren't asked, claiming that he'd answered the questions, quote-walling, quote-mining, misquoting other posters, irrelevancies, bad jokes, disappearing for several days or weeks, posting in other threads - has worked.
    ... and you can add breathing, eating, drinking ... and sinking the Titanic and starting the First World War as well, when you are at it !!!:pac::):eek:

Last post on this thread - you didn't correct me at all. In fact you backed me up by bolding the words 'who deserves it'.

To quote bad religion:

"it's all right to have faith in god
    but when you bend to their rules and their ****ing lies
    that's when I start to have pity on you."

Thank you, and goodnight.
    I'm not religious myself ... so I guess we have that much in common ...

... and goodnight to you too ... and sweet dreams!!!:)

Don't be an idiot.

Debunk the paper or admit you have no argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I'm not religious myself ... so I guess we have that much in common ...

we now have you misrepresenting yourself? Are we witnessing the slow distancing of yourself from your creationist claims?:eek:

If you can read this, you're too close!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement