Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Nobody but you thinks "microbes to man" is a real thing. We've gone over this so many times now, I've lost count. Grow up and stop bandying about stupid buzzwords you heard from creationist websites full of dullards. And if you can find the time to actually critique that paper like a real scientist, that would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Sarky wrote: »
    Nobody but you thinks "microbes to man" is a real thing. Grow up and stop bandying about stupid buzzwords you heard from creationist websites full of dullards. And if you can find the time to actually critique that paper like a real scientist, that would be nice.
    We're making progress if you really do believe that 'Microbes to Man' Evolution never occurred over the billions of years that Evolutionists confuse themselves with.
    ... so how do you now think that Mankind came to exist on Earth?

Through a few hundred million years of mutation borne out by the selective pressures of changing environments and a bit of random chance. We've been over this several times*, and we've shown again and again that your understanding of such things is beyond abysmal. It's not our fault you choose to remain ignorant of the most basic of evolutionary concepts. It's yours for sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "GOD DID IT" in the face of evidence to the contrary.

If you want to be taken at all seriously, stop making a fool of yourself and post something with substance. Merely disagreeing is for charlatans and cowards. You need to back your claims with evidence that holds up to scrutiny. You know, like someone with the scientific qualifications you keep claiming to have but are too scared to reveal.

*Watch him try to start a tangent on one of these things now, despite KNOWING we've explained them to him over and over and over...

Through a few hundred million years of mutation borne out by the selective pressures of changing environments and a bit of random chance.
    ... so your answer as to how the Human Brain came to exist, is that it was via a combination of muck, magic, mistakes and chance ...
    ... you really are a man of very great faith indeed.:)

<sigh>

Even after having 15 minutes to read the small print. You poor mite.

• Advertisement

<sigh>

Even after having 15 minutes to read the small print. You poor mite.
    ... and I love and pity you too ... in equal proportions!!:)

Homoeroticism aside, do you think you could provide some evidence for any of the claims you've made about creationism next time you post? It's just that you've always failed to do that, and then lied about it afterwards. I want you to stop failing, J C, I'm actually on your side. But you're going to have to help me help you. You're going to have to start being honest.

Homoeroticism aside, do you think you could provide some evidence for any of the claims you've made about creationism next time you post? It's just that you've always failed to do that, and then lied about it afterwards. I want you to stop failing, J C, I'm actually on your side. But you're going to have to help me help you. You're going to have to start being honest.
    I was talking about love ... and not lust!!!
    ... and you really do need to stop going into denial and lying to yourself!!!!

... and next time you are tempted to think that you are a glorified Ape descended from a Slimeball ... just pinch yourself ... and wake up ... to the reality that you are a much loved child of God.:)

J C wrote: »

So was I. We'll just add gays to the list of things you don't understand. Way, way down at the bottom. At this rate you won't understand what "jesus" means by August.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Mr. Boo

Maybe start with the list of things he does understand...

• Advertisement

So was I. We'll just add gays to the list of things you don't understand. Way, way down at the bottom. At this rate you won't understand what "jesus" means by August.
    Homoeroticism ... just like all other forms of eroticism ... is based on lust ... and not love!!!

... so we can add ignorance of plain English ... to ignorance of plain science to your inabilities!!!:)

... but I still love and pity you nonetheless!!!:)

Mr. Boo wrote: »
    Maybe start with the list of things he does understand...
    ... listing linguistic 'gnats' ... while swallowing Evolutionist 'camels' ... Eh!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

... and you really do need to stop going into denial and lying to yourself!!!!

... and next time you are tempted to think that you are a glorified Ape descended from a Slimeball ... just pinch yourself ... and wake up ... to the reality that you are a much loved child of God.:)

No one except you think 'evolutionists' ( :rolleyes: ) think like that. You're deliberately using words like 'slimeball' in an attempt to make evolution look like a stupid theory.

... so your answer as to how the Human Brain came to exist, is that it was via a combination of muck, magic, mistakes and chance ...
    ... you really are a man of very great faith indeed.:)

No JC, magic is how you think the human brain came to exist. The rest of us think it happened as a result of millions of years of evolution.

No one except you think 'evolutionists' ( :rolleyes: ) think like that. You're deliberately using words like 'slimeball' in an attempt to make evolution look like a stupid theory.
    M2M Evolution is a logically-challenged theory ... and you need to face this reality ... instead of repeating unfounded mantras of undying love for the idea that you are a 'follicly challenged' Monkey's cousin!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Mr. Boo

... listing linguistic 'gnats' ... while swallowing Evolutionist 'camels' ... Eh!!!:)

Ha?

No JC, magic is how you think the human brain came to exist. The rest of us think it happened as a result of millions of years of evolution.
    ... via unknown (i.e. magical) processes!!!!:)

M2M Evolution is a logically-challenged theory ... and you need to face this reality ... instead of repeating unfounded mantras of undying love for the idea that you are a 'follicly challenged' Monkey's cousin!!!:pac:

It's not a logically challenged theory. It's not a theory at all. Its a straw man argument made up by creationists in an attempt to ridicule the valid scientific theory of evolution.

Lol.

Lol.
    You're great craic ... LOL:)

M2M Evolution is a logically-challenged theory

It is logically challenged because it is a buzzword created by a logically challenged person. Just admit you don't understand the process of evolution. It's just depressing to see you claim that you DO understand it and then post something that demonstrates no understanding whatsoever. Stop failing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Arguing from incredulity again I see? Unknown to you perhaps, given your unparalleled ignorance on evolutionary biology. For everyone else who has a clue, the process is called natural selection. You're welcome :)

It is logically challenged because it is a buzzword created by a logically challenged person. Just admit you don't understand the process of evolution. It's just depressing to see you claim that you DO understand it and then post something that demonstrates no understanding whatsoever. Stop failing.
    Producing the massive quantity and quality of CFSI difference between a Microbe and a Human is a logical and mathematical impossibility!!!

... and claiming that Evolution is only about producing different colours of moth or different colours of Turkey Cocks ... is avoiding the issue ...

Creation Scientists are 'Evolutionists' ... if the production of variation within Kinds using pre-existing CFSI is all that Evolution is about .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

... so you have no scientifically valid answers ... and you're now resorting to children's cartoons!!!
    For a second there, I thought you were referring to (diploma-mill-doctor) Ken Ham's desperately unfunny "After Eden" cartoon series for dim-witted creationists:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/aftereden/

Site seems to be dead. No loss. To civilization anyway.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Arguing from incredulity again I see? Unknown to you perhaps, given your unparalleled ignorance on evolutionary biology. For everyone else who has a clue, the process is called natural selection.
    Natural Selection of what?

Really? You think cfsi will cut it after all the embarrassment you've heaped upon yourself after failing for months to show how it has any validity?

Try harder, J C, and stop making yourself look foolish.

Producing the massive quantity and quality of CFSI difference between a Microbe and a Human is a logical and mathematical impossibility!!!

... and claiming that Evolution is only about producing different colours of moth or different colours of Turkey Cocks ... is avoiding the issue ...

Creation Scientists are 'Evolutionists' if this is all that Evolution is about ... the production of variation within Kinds using pre-existing CFSI.

I already asked you to provide a clear definition of CFSI, you still haven't managed this. Are you just going to ignore any reponse to your 'review' and hope they go away?

It's not avoiding the issue. It's explaining evolution. It happens in small steps. That is how it works.

You can't pick and choose which parts of evolution you want to believe. Can you not see that over time, large changes to an organism are going to be the obvious result of numerous small changes (I realise I'm dumbing this down massively). 'Kinds' is also just another word for species. Probably used because it sounds less sciency.

Natural Selection of what?

:confused:

robindch wrote: »
    For a second there, I thought you were referring to (diploma-mill-doctor) Ken Ham's desperately unfunny "After Eden" cartoon series for dim-witted creationists:
    Fun is in the eye of the beholder.

Anyway, things must be pretty desperate when the Mods (referees) have to 'weigh-in' to help the Evolutionist Cause with ad hominems and unfounded sectarian comments!!!

Just imagine a rugby match between the Evolutionists and the Creationists with 15 Evolutionists out on the pitch playing against one Creationist ... and the Creationist is running solo runs around the pitch, scoring drop goals and tries at will ... and eventually the referee (who is also an Evolutionst) takes the ball and runs for the Creationst line ... to try and score for the Evolutionists when they are clearly unable to do so themselves ... and he slips and falls on his face ... and loses the ball to ...
    ... probably the best Creation Scientist in the World ... who has just cracked open a can of Carlsberg ... to celebrate a 100 : Nil victory!!:D

... you have just imagined what has actually happened on this thread.:)
    ... cheers ... here's looking at you, guys!!!:)
    robindch wrote: »

Site seems to be dead. No loss. To civilization anyway.
    Your computer must have crashed ... eh ... em ... I mean 'evolved', Robin :)

... I'm happy to report that AIG's site is working just fine ... and here is a link ... for your education ... and edification...
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/

You're conflating fantasy and reality again, J C. Try harder. You're still making yourself look stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I'm happy to report that AIG's site is working just fine
    Yes, unfortunately it is. However I was talking about (diploma-mill-doctor) Ken Ham's desperately unfunny "After Eden" cartoon series for dim-witted creationists which is at

...and which is down. As I said, no loss to civilization.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement