Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

King Mob wrote: »
    No, that's not what I asked, I have no idea where or how you got any of this from. It barely makes sense.

I'm not yet making an argument, I am simply asking you a yes or no question.
    So again, can lipid mycelles form due to non-intelligent processes, yes or no?
    Can Liposomes form due to non-intelligent processes, yes or no?
    Lipid bicells could possibly form spontaneously ... but that would be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

J C wrote: »
    Lipid bicells could possibly form spontaneously ... but that would be that.
    Again you have failed to answer the very simple questions I put forward to you.
    I asked about Micelles and Liposomes, not lipid bicells, though they are not much different to micelles.

So again: can lipid micelles form due to non-intelligent processes, yes or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

This thread makes me want to take a drill to my eyeballs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

how does a snowflake drifting to Earth via the interaction of random air movements and the deterministic process of gravity 'fall well'?
    Sheesh! If it floated upwards, it would be a rotten snowflake, wouldn't it? But by falling downwards reliably, the snowflake demonstrates -- to creationists at least -- the near-infinite genius of its design.
    J C wrote:
    Scoff all you like ... but I would remind you that Eternity is a very long time
    Indeed, and the slightest chance that I might have to share eternity with the likes of (diploma-mill-doctor-doctor) Ken Ham, (diploma-mill-doctor and convicted felon) Kent Hovind and the rest of hooting, deceitful cretins who run the creationist movement is quite enough for me to wish to spend eternity elsewhere.

Feels like this thread's been going on for an eternity.

Makes mortality seem like a gift TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Things like 'Dinosaurs lived millions of years ago ... but ... we find Dino fossils with soft tissue still preserved ... and we find Crocodiles alive today that are identical to the fossilised Crocs that are found alongside fossil Dinos.

That right there is why there's no point debating anything with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Yes man and dinos used to live together. Theres a photo of Christ riding on one knocking around..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

RichieC wrote: »
    Yes man and dinos used to live together. Theres a photo of Christ riding on one knocking around..

I've seen photos of Christ AS a dino, you misinterpret the Holy Scripture!

raptor-jesus-10.jpg

Again you have failed to answer the very simple questions I put forward to you.
    I asked about Micelles and Liposomes, not lipid bicells, though they are not much different to micelles.

So again: can lipid micelles form due to non-intelligent processes, yes or no?
    You tell me ... has a biologically active Liposome been observed to form spontaneously in water?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

If you can read this, you're too close!

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    Things like 'Dinosaurs lived millions of years ago ... but ... we find Dino fossils with soft tissue still preserved ... and we find Crocodiles alive today that are identical to the fossilised Crocs that are found alongside fossil Dinos.

amacachi
    That right there is why there's no point debating anything with you.
    Yes indeed ... when you are trying to prove that something that never happened, did happen ... there is little point in trying to do ... and if you debate it ... you lose.:)

koth wrote: »
    so CFSI isn't a property or a result of a designer, it's a statement regarding probability

by that reasoning, a simple cave, be it created by man or tide would meet the criteria of CFSD/CFSI as it has nothing to do with the structure. It merely states that the odds of the cave being created were very small.

This means that CFSI is retrospective. It can't predict how organic matter will react, or why did it react in a particular way. It would just indicate that the odds were small of an event happening after it happened.
    The odds are observed to be so infinitessimally small that thay are statistically zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

No, go back to snowflakes, you're boring when you're being wrong about mathematics and statistics.

• Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

The odds are observed to be so infinitessimally small that thay are statistically zero.

how small? and how did you arrive at the number?

If you can read this, you're too close!

Feels like this thread's been going on for an eternity.

Makes mortality seem like a gift TBH.
    That's because you're losing the argument ... I used to feel like that, when I was an Evolutionist.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

That's because you're losing the argument ... I used to feel like you, when I was an Evolutionist.:)

It certainly wasn't in this life, because you haven't studied evolution.

You tell me ... has a biologically active Liposome been observed to form spontaneously in water?

Jc you have avoided the questions again.
    I never mentioned anything about "biologically active".

I asked you whether or not Liposomes or micelles can form without intelligence.
    It's a yes or no question that only requires a yes or no answer.

I don't understand why it should give you so much trouble...
    That is if you were supported by evidence and being honest that is...
    If you weren't I'd understand perfectly why you're avoiding the question.

robindch wrote: »
    Sheesh! If it floated upwards, it would be a rotten snowflake, wouldn't it? But by falling downwards reliably, the snowflake demonstrates -- to creationists at least -- the near-infinite genius of its design.
    You're the one in wonderment over snowflakes ... I have already told you that they behave in accordance with random and deterministic processes.
    Indeed, and the slightest chance that I might have to share eternity with the likes of (diploma-mill-doctor-doctor) Ken Ham, (diploma-mill-doctor and convicted felon) Kent Hovind and the rest of hooting, deceitful cretins who run the creationist movement is quite enough for me to wish to spend eternity elsewhere.
    The Holy Spirit has informed me that you will have a special corner in Heaven where you will never have to meet anybody else ... if you go and get Saved!!!!;):)

... so now, are you going to go and get Saved ... or do you still want to cut off your nose ... to spite your (eternal) face?

dlofnep wrote: »
    It certainly wasn't in this life, because you haven't studied evolution.
    Of course I have ... it seems that is you guys who haven't!!!

Ye certainly haven't provided any evidence in favour of M2M Evolution.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Christ on a bike, we've been over all that. Do you have nothing new to be grossly misinformed about?

Of course I have ... it seems that is you guys who haven't!!!

There's been plenty provided, you just tend to take holidays for a few days every time it pops up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

You're the one in wonderment over snowflakes ... I have already told you that they behave in accordance with random and deterministic processes.
    Gravity isn't random and the shape of snowflakes isn't deterministic.
    The Holy Spirit has informed me that you will have a special corner in Heaven where you never have to meet anybody else
    Huh?!!

1 Corinthians 2:9 says: "But as it is written, eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." How exactly do you know that there's some special corner of heaven prepared for me where I won't ever have to engage with (diploma-mill-doctor-doctor) Ham and his cronies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Of course I have ...

No J C, you haven't. Please do us the courtesy of being honest. You have demonstrated time and time again, a blissful ignorance of evolution.

There is no such term called M2M Evolution, so please stop making up terms that are not used in the academic or scientific community. We have provided mountains of evidence in support of Evolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

It seems to me that J C just trolls this thread/ forum.

I have to be very careful what I say over in the Christianity forum, (got a warning yesterday). If any of us non-believers post anything unsavoury over there, they kindly ask us to f**k off. :confused:

I suppose it's a good thing in a way, to let J C post here, to show how Christians
    think and argue.

Gravity isn't random and the shape of snowflakes isn't deterministic.
    Air movement is random and gravity is deterministic.

Huh?!!

1 Corinthians 2:9 says: "But as it is written, eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." How exactly do you know that there's some special corner of heaven prepared for me where I won't ever have to engage with (diploma-mill-doctor-doctor) Ham and his cronies?
    Quite ...
    ... Heaven will be such a wonderful place that you probably will lose your anti-social and sectarian tendencies ... and you will mix happily with other people, including myself and Ken Ham.:)

... but, if you continue with a 'chip on your shoulder' ... Heaven is such a big place that you can stay in your very own corner, talking to yourself ... for eternity ... if that 'floats your boat'!!!;):)

dlofnep wrote: »
    No J C, you haven't. Please do us the courtesy of being honest. You have demonstrated time and time again, a blissful ignorance of evolution.

There is no such term called M2M Evolution, so please stop making up terms that are not used in the academic or scientific community. We have provided mountains of evidence in support of Evolution.
    ... long on claims ... but short (to the point of non-existence) on any evidence for M2M Evolution.

It seems to me that J C just trolls this thread/ forum.

I have to be very careful what I say over in the Christianity forum, (got a warning yesterday). If any of us non-believers post anything unsavoury over there, they kindly ask us to f**k off. :confused:

I suppose it's a good thing in a way, to let J C post here, to show how Christians
    think and argue.
    There is a long and noble tradition of liberal free-thinking amongst Atheists, as well as the opposite ... and I hope that this forum will continue to support the former point of view ... and not the latter.:)

JC, still waiting for a yes or no answer to my questions.

If you are having difficulty answering them, please let us know.
    Cause just ignoring them like this makes it seem like you can't answer them and to dishonest to admit that.

• Advertisement

JC, still waiting for a yes or no answer to my questions.

If you are having difficulty answering them, please let us know.
    Cause just ignoring them like this makes it seem like you can't answer them and to dishonest to admit that.
    If you have any evidence for the spontaneous production of Liposomes ... please provide it ... and if you don't, please stop speaking in riddles ... and making unfounded Ad Hominem remarks!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement