Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

J C wrote: »
    Robin, the last time that I personally met somebody who was not respecting people by pronouncing their names improperly ... it was the school-yard bully at my school.

and all the girls admired me ... so it was a win:win all round.

... you should try it too.:)

You enjoy when school-yard girls admire you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

I like this subtle threat 'Believe what I believe or suffer eternal damnation.'
    It's not a threat ... its a logical fact that a perfectly merciful and just God interacting with people with free will ... extends His mercy to those who ask for it ... and His justice to those who don't.
    Compare this to the 'evolutionist' attitude of 'Believe what I believe because it's the truth. No, really, you aren't going to burn for all eternity if you don't believe me. Nothing will change in any meaningful way other than you knowing the truth. That's all. No catch.'
    If it was the truth ... and was backed up by logic and evidence ... you could have a point ... but it isn't ... and you don't.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Don't bother, there's no explanation.

Really? That is both surprising and unexpected. I was sure J C had finally found some evidence :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

It's not a threat ... its a logical fact that a perfectly merciful and just God interacting with people with free will ... extends His mercy to those who ask for it ... and His justice to those who don't.
    This should be good. How is it a logical fact? And is this the same merciful god who lets countless people die in agony every day?
    If it was the truth ... and was backed up by logic and evidence ... you could have a point ... but it isn't ... and you don't.:)

Nice evasion of my point. Just in case I wasn't entirely clear, my point wasn't 'I'm right and you're wrong. Hahaha', it was 'I don't need to add subtle threats to make people agree with my position. The evidence is there to support it.'

You enjoy when school-yard girls admire you?
    Yes, I did ... I was 18 years old at the time!!!

... do you have a problem with that ?

• Advertisement

This should be good. How is it a logical fact? And is this the same merciful god who lets countless people die in agony every day?
    Let's break it down for you.

God is perfect. He is perfectly merciful ... and He is perfectly just ... and people have the free will to choose His mercy or His justice.

... so it's over to you, whether you want to be Saved from His justice, by accepting His mercy ... no pressure ... no pack drill.:)

... and thousands of people die every day because our common ancestors also didn't believe that God meant what He said ... and said what He meant ... when He said that death would surely follow any interaction with the Devil and his occult system of evil ...and good (that he uses to sugar-coat his poison pills).
    Nice evasion of my point. Just in case I wasn't entirely clear, my point wasn't 'I'm right and you're wrong. Hahaha', it was 'I don't need to add subtle threats to make people agree with my position. The evidence is there to support it.'
    ... no threats from you guys ... other than comstant name-calling and the promise of discrimination if you ever discover a Creationist (or anybody else who disagrees with you) ... in your midst!!!:(

Grow up J C, that's pathetic.

Sarky wrote: »
    Grow up J C, that's pathetic.
    It is indeed pathetic ... that the primary defence of Evolution that has been offered on this thread is constant name-calling of everyone who doesn't believe in it.

• Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

It is indeed pathetic ... that the primary defence of Evolution that has been offered on this thread is constant name-calling of everyone who doesn't believe in it.

now, now, JC, you know you make baby Jesus cry when you lie in your posts. And he has been crying an awful lot when you post.

How about you try and discuss the topic instead of all this smoke and mirrors to avoid attention being drawn to your inability to explain creationism in even a most basic scientific level?

If you can read this, you're too close!

Oh baaaaawww. Help, help you're being oppressed. It's clearly nothing to do with you constantly posting bullsh*t. Try harder. Stop getting upset at people calling you on your painfully obvious lies and evasion. Start being truthful. Go on, try it. Just once would do.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote: »
    Oh baaaaawww. Help, help you're being oppressed. It's clearly nothing to do with you constantly posting bullsh*t. Try harder. Stop getting upset at people calling you on your painfully obvious lies and evasion. Start being truthful. Go on, try it. Just once would do.
    There you go again ... trying to talk the talk (by lying about me lying) ... but completely unable to walk the walk ... when it actually comes to defending Evolution ... or disproving CFSI and ID.

• Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

you haven't shown anything to prove the case for CFSI, and everyone is well aware with your difficulties with regards to understanding the subject of evolution.

If you can read this, you're too close!

We've demonstrated both to be worthless crap hundreds of times in this thread and you know it.

So you're still lying, J C. Nowhere in this thread is there a definition of cfsi that could not be torn apart by a child. You're well aware of this. And of course, since you have scientific qualifications, you'll know that ideas need to be a hell of a lot sturdier than that to be even considered as potential science.

Man up and either give us a definition of cfsi or admit you've got nothing.

Let's break it down for you.

God is perfect. He is perfectly merciful ... and He is perfectly just ... and people have the free will to choose His mercy or His justice.

... so it's over to you, whether you want to be Saved from His justice, by accepting His mercy ... no pressure ... no pack drill.:)

... and thousands of people die every day because our common ancestors didn't believe that God meant what He said ... and said what He meant ... when He said that death would surely follow any interaction with the Devil and his occult system of evil and good (to sugar-coat the poison pill).
    This is all of course, assuming that there is a god in the first place.
    This god sounds like the schoolyard bully you were talking about 'do what I say or I'll hurt you.' Even if he is real, I don't really want to follow a being with rules like that, thanks.
    Another thing, condeming a species to thousands of years of suffering for eating a piece of fruit is not 'justice', it's petty. What makes the devil any more evil than God in this instance? The devil isn't the one condeming people to suffering for exercising free will.
    ... no threats from you guys ... other than comstant name-calling and the promise of discrimination if you ever discover a Creationist (or anybody else who disagrees with you) ... in your midst!!!:(
    None of those are threat though. And it's not 'anyone who disagrees' with us, it's anyone who persitantly makes illogical arguments, without a shred of evidence, then claims it's fact because god said so. If you would actually debate with people then you'd find there would be a lot less name calling and 'discrimination'. Instead you respond with awful jokes, tell us we're all wrong just because, and smugly point out how jebus is going to save you.
    There you go again ... trying to talk the talk (by lying about me) ... but completely unable to walk the walk ... when it actually comes to defending Evolution ... or disproving CFSI and ID.
    For us to disprove CFSI you'd need to offer some kind of proof for us to argue against first.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Robin, the last time that I personally met somebody who was not respecting people by pronouncing their names improperly ... it was the school-yard bully at my school. Funny thing ... unlike you ... he stopped name-calling when I asked him to ... and apologised to all his victims.
    As I've said before, creationists fall into two groups -- (a) credulous, uninterested or careless followers and (b) self-appointed leaders like Dumbski, (diploma-mill-doctor-doctor) Hammy, Inmate Number 135733 (diploma-mill-doctor and convicted fraudster) Bent Hovind, Mr Half-Witt and so on.

I feel generally sorry for the followers who have little or no fault beyond being too trusting of others, and thereby, leaving themselves open to be used as meme-fodder by the gang of unscrupulous thugs who run the whole creationist clusterf*ck. For the leaders, I hold open contempt and I neither respect their cretinous, deceitful views, nor the hateful manner in which the operate. They, and their intellectual colleagues in the holocaust denial movement, the flat-earth society, 9/11 troofers and all the sorry rest, ought to be ashamed of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

robindch wrote: »
    As I've said before, creationists fall into two groups -- (a) credulous, uninterested or careless followers and (b) self-appointed leaders like Dumbski, (diploma-mill-doctor-doctor) Hammy, Inmate Number 135733 (diploma-mill-doctor and convicted fraudster) Bent Hovind, Mr Half-Witt and so on.

I feel generally sorry for the followers who have little or no fault beyond being too trusting of others, and thereby, leaving themselves open to be used as meme-fodder by the gang of unscrupulous thugs who run the whole creationist clusterf*ck. For the leaders, I hold open contempt and I neither respect their cretinous, deceitful views, nor the hateful manner in which the operate. They, and their intellectual colleagues in the holocaust denial movement, the flat-earth society, 9/11 troofers and all the sorry rest, ought to be ashamed of themselves.

And they sleep great at night. Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

the fact that I was a 6' 4" 18-year old Evolutionist, at the time ... and with a physique ... and a bit of a 'survival of the fittest' attitude to match!!!
    Either way ... his victims thanked me ... and he thanked me ... and all the girls admired me ... so it was a win:win all round.

Sounds like you were one cool kid.

What happened?

Cheers for proving you don't have a notion what survival of the fittest actually means J C.

If god is perfectly merciful, he will forgive any sin.
    If god is perfectly just, all sins are punished fairly.

How can he be both?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

How can he be both?
    Sheesh, Genghiz, didn't you get the note:
    With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

• Advertisement

No, no I did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

How can he be both?

By not punishing any sins and letting nature take it's course? You know, acting like he's not even there at all...

Also, has that paper you linked been peer reviewed?

Galvasean wrote: »

How can he be both?

By not punishing any sins and letting nature take it's course? You know, acting like he's not even there at all...
    But thats just his way of testing us. Like fossils!
    The sly old goat.

Cheers for proving you don't have a notion what survival of the fittest actually means J C.
    The 'fittest' have basic manners, treat others as they would like to be treated themselves, don't resort to name-calling or disrespecting other people ... and only believe what is either logically consistent or objectively true.

This avoids getting into fights that could kill them ... qualifies them hold the best jobs in society ... makes it more likely that they will meet and marry spouses of the highest moral calibre, like themselves ... and this greatly increases the chance of living happily into old age surrounded by an adoring spouse, a large healthy successful family and a respectful community.

The alternative is to be a cranky, ill-mannered brat when they are young ... and, if they survive that far ... a lonely contankerous old person blaming everyone, but themselves, for their misery ... and lack of reproductive and financial success!!

... and that is to say nothing about the magnificent eternal reward that awaits those who love and respect God ... and their neighbour.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Sounds like you were one cool kid.

What happened?
    ... I became one cool husband and father ... as well as an equally cool working conventional scientist of the highest calibre.:)

Human Beings are moral beings ... and thus moral and just behaviour is rewarded by society ... and immoral and unjust behaviour results in all kinds of personal and financial difficulties.

How can he be both?
    God Created Mankind with free will ... and died in atonement for all sin.

This means that He can be perfecty merciful to anybody who asks for His mercy ... as He has paid the full price for their sin ...

... and He visits His perfect justice on all who freely reject His mercy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

... and that is to say nothing about the magnificent eternal reward that awaits those who love and respect God
    I have one question. Will you be there?

MrP

I see that you are still name-calling.
    William Dembski is a first rate scientist, mathematician and philosopher, Ken Ham is former science teacher and current Christian Evangelist and Kent Hovind is a Christian Pastor currently in jail ... because he (unwisely) refused to account for or pay taxes on his church ministry.
    You have made pretty serious prejudicial comments against a whole group of Christian people there Robin ... I hope that you can stand up your statements with some examples of what you are talking about.

... you're the one who should be ashamed of yourself ... for spouting such dangerous lies about a group of peaceful Saved Christians ... who have nothing but love and concern for you and everybody else!!!:(

• Advertisement

He's backed up those claims multiple times here, so "prejudice" isn't at all applicable. You know this. You're lying again. Stop with the bullsh*t, J C, it's really rather boring because you're very very bad at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement