Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

dlofnep wrote: »
    Lad's, we're arguing with a guy who thinks that the earth is 6,000 years old and that the Noah's Ark tale is a historical fact. We may aswell be debating with a Flat-Earther. This thread is just doing circles around the same old bollocks.

Yes, but the whole thing will hit 10k posts soon, and the whole sorry mess of J C's ignorance will be taken out the back and shot.

Who knows, maybe he'll finally manage to make a valid point before the end. Or he'll just fail to convince anyone he's not full of crap. Either way, almost over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Sarky wrote: »
    Yes, but the whole thing will hit 10k posts soon, and the whole sorry mess of J C's ignorance will be taken out the back and shot.

Who knows, maybe he'll finally manage to make a valid point before the end. Or he'll just fail to convince anyone he's full of crap. Either way, almost over.
    ... ah but Sarky ... every time you find some evidence that doesn't fit the Evolutionary Paradigm ... and that will be many times per day ... you will recall this thread with fond affection.:):D
    ... and you will wish that I was still there to answer all your questions.:D

That doesn't happen even basically competent scientists. They tend to do their jobs correctly. You should be less sloppy.

That doesn't happen even basically competent scientists. They tend to do their jobs correctly.
    I'm betting that you will be doing your job correctly ... that's why the evidence won't fit the Evolutionary Paradigm ... many times per day.

It's about the only way that ye will win this debate ... by shooting the messenger!!!:eek:
    ... in boxing parlance it's called 'being saved by the bell' !!!!:)
    Ding ... Dong!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

J C wrote: »
    ... and I'm arguing with a bunch of guys who believe that they are naked Apes ...

I'm wearing clothes, aside from that - I have no problem with being called a member of the Great Ape family. It is a biological fact. You're the one who is arrogant and believes that you're too good to be classified alongside your own ape brothers. You'd have no problem calling a Chimp an ape, or an Orangutan an ape - But biologically, Chimps are far closer to Humans than they are to Orangutans. Something that you just won't be able to ignore I'm afraid.

that are descended from a microbe ... via a series of 'clap happy' mistakes!!!

That's not the description I would use to explain the theory of Evolution by natural selection. If that's your description for it however, then that explains why you don't believe it's scientifically valid.
    I guess that neither of us are particulary choosey about the people with whom we argue !!!:eek::D

We present scientific evidence, you present biblical quotes, misquotes and downright false information. Our side has posters who have degrees in evolutionary biology... You have read the bible a few times.

• Moderators Posts: 51,765 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

CFSI is Complex Functional Specified Information ... and it means exactly 'what it says on the tin' !!!
    and yet you can't provide a simple definition of what it is and how it's detected/measured so we can see if it holds up to scrutiny.

If you can read this, you're too close!

I'm wearing clothes,
    Always a good idea ... especially on a frosty night:)
    ... aside from that - I have no problem with being called a member of the Great Ape family.
    ... I can't speak for you ... but there are no Apes in my family!!!:)

... It is a biological fact. You're the one who is arrogant and believes that you're too good to be classified alongside your own ape brothers.
    ... not too good (no sinful Human is really good this side of eternity) ... I'm just too different to be classified as an Ape.
    ... You'd have no problem calling a Chimp an ape, or an Orangutan an ape - But biologically, Chimps are far closer to Humans than they are to Orangutans. Something that you just won't be able to ignore I'm afraid.
    It all depends on what sequence you choose to examine ... but in any event I don't expect to see a Chimp ... or a Gorilla driving to work ... or debating the merits of evolution anytime soon!!!:)

That's not the description I would use to explain the theory of Evolution by natural selection. If that's your description for it however, then that explains why you don't believe it's scientifically valid.
    Nontheless it is a valid descriptor.

We present scientific evidence, you present biblical quotes, misquotes and downright false information. Our side has posters who have degrees in evolutionary biology... You have read the bible a few times.
    I present scientific, philosophical, logical ... and Biblical evidence.
    ... and I have yet to see a single piece of scientific evidence that unabiguously supports W2M Evolution.

You still haven't managed that robust mathematical definition of cfsi yet. Time's up.

Are we to conclude that Dembski was in fact lying through his teeth when he said he had one? And that you will apologise within your next post for both wasting our time and being so wrong?

Seems like the only honourable thing for you to do, seeing as you've failed to define your biggest argument every time you've been asked to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

I was challenged to provide the evidence for Evolution (from our supposed single-celled common ancestor to us) ... and try as I might ... I couldn't find any evidence. Everyone I talked to cited many examples of variations within species (like the Grey-Brown-White Moths) ... but nothing that would support the enormous transitions involved in any putative evolution from Microbes to Men.
    I was so wedded to the validity of Evolution that I went into denial ... and told myself that the evidence must exist ... and some day I would find it.
    JC you're straight forwarded person. I like it.... If i were you, i would act like like evolutionists in this foram. I would go in state of denial. I would try to deny reality. You're fighting with ignorance and arrogance. People like dlofnep etc are doing great job against evolution... They are creating harted in mind of common folk against evolution.... Their way of presenting evolution as fact is so rough and arrogant that i don't think that common would take it as fact.... Even if it were fact... ..... See i am neutral person, I find evolutionist arrogant and they are going against reality... So i would like take your side as there is no arrogance in your quotes. Your quotes reflect reality in netural and free of bias mind ;)
    All my Evolutionist friends assured me that the evidence must exist because 'we are here ... and we had to evolve from something small and simple'.
    Then somebody pointed out to me that it could equally be that we are here as a result of the appliance of intelligence ... by a creative act by God. I initally rejected this as I was a Theistic Evolutionist at the time ... but the more I examined the evidence the more I found that rapid Creation was in line with the evidence ... and evolution (of any type) wasn't.
    One of the reasons that I am very patient with the agression of the Evolutionists on this thread is that I was like them once ... cock sure that Evolution was a fact ... and everything else was just 'hot air' ... it took me a long time to realise that the reverse is actually the situation.
    I must say, however, that I was never personally insulting to Creationists when I was an Evolutionist ... I listened to them with a mixture of respect and pity ... because I thought that I knew it all ... and Creation had long since been disproven.
    ... but how wrong I was!!!:)
    What do you think evolutionist in the foram. Why are they going against reality. I mean what is difference, when you were evolutionist and their career as evolutionist. Do you think ignorance is stubborn.

• Advertisement

so you're choosing creationism over evolution because you don't like the tone of some posts in favour of evolution? well at least you're honest enough to state it isn't due to evidence.

koth wrote: »
    so you're choosing creationism over evolution because you don't like the tone of some posts in favour of evolution? well at least you're honest enough to state it isn't due to evidence.
    I am forced to choose it because of some people in this foram... See, I wouldn't want to be arrogant. Even if evolution is fact, but your way presenting evolution as fact is too rough... By this no one would agree with you. You're damaging evolution in this forum... Some people's arrogance is real threat to existence of evolution in this foram.... You in your mind think that you're doing a great job.... but honesty, that isn't what people like me think... See, I am honest with you.... Majority of people, here, who supports evolution,are already evolutionists... That's not a great thing... For example A christian supports Christianity... The supports of christian to Christianity doesn't have value in the eyes of justice....... If a christian supports Islam or Judaism or converts to islam.... that's real things.... I would like to support evolution but i couldn't.... The reason is simple..... See behavior/attitude dlofnep etc... Why would i support the cause of such arrogant person... Even If the cause is true.... There is no "Character" in his words.... They are empty like the hollow men.... Wasted knowledge--- Wasted life.... There is no motive behind...

you're not forced to choose. you're making an emotional choice on what should be chosen on merit of evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

dead one wrote: »
    JC you're straight forwarded person. I like it.... If i were you, i would act like like evolutionists in this foram. I would go in state of denial. I would try to deny reality. You're fighting with ignorance and arrogance. People like dlofnep etc are doing great job against evolution... They are creating harted in mind of common folk against evolution.... Their way of presenting evolution as fact is so rough and arrogant that i don't think that common would take it as fact.... Even if it were fact... ..... See i am neutral person, I find evolutionist arrogant and they are going against reality..

What????????????????

Your beliefs are based on a book wrote by ancient people who all thought the world was flat!

Science is only based on facts, if it cant be proven it's not good science-It is a fact that the world is more than 10,000 years and Noah's ark is a poorly written kids tale.

Blind faith is just that-Blind.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

you're not forced to choose. you're making an emotional choice on what should be chosen on merit of evidence.
    You see koth
    cowzerp wrote: »
    Your beliefs are based on a book wrote by ancient people who all thought the world was flat!
    Science is only based on facts, if it cant be proven it's not good science-It is a fact that the world is more than 10,000 years and Noah's ark is a poorly written kids tale.
    Koth,The person doesn't know me... He even doesn't know, the world isn't 10000 years in my beliefs or book.... See their is prejudice in his mind... Their is bias in his mind. Why would i support a cause (evolution) which creates people like cowzerp... A cause, which brain wash people, which makes people to utter thing which they even don't know.
    Blind faith is just that-Blind.
    Dear cowzerp
    Faith should be based on knowledge..... See how blind are you about me..;).

So did you find a quran quote to justify software piracy yet? Or is there a certain amount of hypocrisy Mo-mo and Allah are willing to let slide?

Why would i support a cause (evolution) which creates people like cowzerp... A cause, which brain wash people, which makes people to utter thing which they even don't know.

Dear cowzerp
    Faith should be based on knowledge..... See how blind are you about me..;).

HA HA

i totally agree faith should be based on Knowledge, and not the word of some man who claims to be a prophet-thats arrogance

Wheter you support it or not is irrelevant-it's not a football team, that does not change the fact it has proof of it's existence unlike any god wheter it be Allah, God or whatever.

you stick to your unproven beliefs and i'll stick to proven science, i won't be wasting my life praying to a god that is not their, and if they are there they're the most arrogant thing ever, putting 7 billion people on the earth who's purpose is to worship him!!!!!

So did you find a quran quote to justify software piracy yet? Or is there a certain amount of hypocrisy Mo-mo and Allah are willing to let slide?
    software piracy, i have seen real pain in that thread...Pain of waiting... Pain of wasting money for selfish desires... Isn't it hypocrisy.... See, for example, i support a thing but the same thing is creating difficulty for me, That is real hypocrisy.... I hope, sarky you would get the clue...

for example, i support a thing but the same thing is creating difficulty for me, That is real hypocrisy....

So your a self confessed Hypocrite.

No wonder you would not support Evolution even if you believed the facts.

Yes or no, dead one? It's a very simple question.

• Advertisement

So your a self confessed Hypocrite.

No wonder you would not support Evolution even if you believed the facts.
    Yes or no, dead one? It's a very simple question.

Yes.... but my hypocrisy has got nothing to do with quran... because quran doesn't support such act..... Now, what do you think .... Quran is good or bad ;)..... See, If follow Quran i have to follow software piracy.... Now tell what is wrong, the users (dead one) or guider (quran)... Will you accuse quran from my crimes... This is also my way to make other people understand.

HA HA

i totally agree faith should be based on Knowledge, and not the word of some man who claims to be a prophet-thats arrogance
    So why were you blind about me...
    Wheter you support it or not is irrelevant-it's not a football team, that does not change the fact it has proof of it's existence unlike any god wheter it be Allah, God or whatever.
    If an american says that Irish football team has played well against the american football team.... That is real support.... If foreigner praise you, that's real praise, dear cowzerp

See, i have desire to support evolution but you rough attitude comes in the ways... How could I or any other person support evolution as fact.

You see koth

Koth,The person doesn't know me... He even doesn't know, the world isn't 10000 years in my beliefs or book.... See their is prejudice in his mind... Their is bias in his mind. Why would i support a cause (evolution) which creates people like cowzerp... A cause, which brain wash people, which makes people to utter thing which they even don't know.
    well you should read what JC has been posting, because you said that you have chosen to agree with him. And he said that the world is only a few thousand years old. So either you choose to side with him, and as a side-effect agree that world is only a few thousand years old. Or you don't agree with him, and therefore need to rethink your choice.

this is why it's usually a good idea to read up on what you're agreeing to before you decide to agree with someone.

Why would i support a cause (evolution) which creates people like cowzerp... A cause, which brain wash people, which makes people to utter thing which they even don't know.

Nobody brain washed me, i simply work off logic and not magical Books that don't have any proof that the magic in them exists.

Also nobody profits or gains from me believing in Evolution, i don't go to Evolution meetings handing over money to support it-Science shows it is fact so i can't argue with proven facts, if science proves god/allah exists i will equally agree with that, untill then! Religion is the brain washing tool-that you start getting brain washed from birth.

No coincidence most Irish are catholics, British Pritestants etc
    brain washing from birth.

well you should read what JC has been posting, because you said that you have chosen to agree with him. And he said that the world is only a few thousand years old. So either you choose to side with him, and as a side-effect agree that world is only a few thousand years old. Or you don't agree with him, and therefore need to rethink your choice

this is why it's usually a good idea to read up on what you're agreeing to before you decide to agree with someone.
    This is simple, Suppose i go to watch a football match.... There are two teams present... Brazil and Spain.... I don't belong to any of these countries... Suppose i am foreigner........ I support Brazilian team against the Spanish team... You can take my support in this sense... My support for Brazilian team doesn't make me Brazilian.... You are two teams.... evolutionist and creationist.... I don't consider myself creationist and evolutionist ... I am forced to choose creationist... because the player (JC) is playing well.... while the player of (evolutionist, sarky, dolpnep, ) are not playing well. They are attacking the spectator..:;)

Nobody brain washed me, i simply work off logic and not magical Books that don't have any proof that the magic in them exists.
    Then why were you wrong about me... Why you measured me with same ruler :)

that's what I said, you support creationism. that means you support an idea that conflicts with your idea with regards to the age of the planet.Your motives for choosing creationism just show how it's totally lacking any critical thought.

This is simple, Suppose i go to watch a football match.... There are two teams present... Brazil and Spain.... I don't belong to any of these countries... Suppose i am foreigner........ I support Brazilian team against the Spanish team... You can take my support in this sense... My support for Brazilian team doesn't make me Brazilian.... You are two teams.... evolutionist and creationist....;)

So if i go to a game and Liverpool are playing Man utd but Man utd are not on the pitch and they are not doing anything, but half the fans believe they are there, should i enjoy the match?

And then you get arrested because you decided paying money for a ticket like most law abiding moral people was against Allah's will.

• Advertisement

Then why were you wrong about me... Why you measured me with same ruler :)

How am i wrong about you? are you still going on about me saying the earth is not less than 10,000 years old-you have said you support JC and thats what his opinion is-Or am i missing something?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement