Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Sarky wrote: »
    J C has completely failed to provide details. It's almost as if he has nothing!
    Given that the clown who came up with the notion didn't know what it is, it's hardly surprising he couldn't let other people know!

Actually, Dumbski's wikipage has him describing how much progress he's made with SCFI:
    I'm not and never have been in the business of offering a strict mathematical proof for the inability of material mechanisms to generate specified complexity
    So, there you go. Even Dumbski admits that he can't show that SCFI (whatever that is) can't be produced naturally.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭doctoremma

Heh. No. So I guess that's over 2 years J C has completely failed to provide details. It's almost as if he has nothing!
    Nothing except persistence :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh, Dembski's in the "evil vaccines gave my kid autism" camp too.

I didn't know that. Bahahahahaaa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

J C wrote: »
    I'd say that Prof Dawkins met his match in this very capable lady ... who held her own in the argument ... and told him a few home truths.

Wendy Wright ... is right !!!:)

My god, how could anyone watch that video and consider it Dawkins meeting his match.. She's clearly not very intelligent.

nF9aE.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

RichieC wrote: »
    My god, how could anyone watch that video and consider it Dawkins meeting his match.. She's clearly not very intelligent.

nF9aE.gif
    Delusion is a powerful thing.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

Galvasean wrote: »
    Okie dokey. And when you do could you do us all a MASSIVE favour and come back-- to visit us and confirm for us that the afterlife is real?
    The eyes are not here
    There are no eyes here

The eyes, required to understand afterlife are not here. This dead land is haunted by shadows... There is a after life which is making me to contact with your haunted world. My grave is very deep

Between the conception
    And the creation
    Between the emotion
    And the response
    Falls the Shadow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

dead one wrote: »
    The eyes are not here
    There are no eyes here

The eyes which are required to understand afterlife are not here. This dead land is haunted by shadows... There is a after life which is making me to contact with your haunted world. My grave is very deep

Between the conception
    And the creation
    Between the emotion
    And the response
    Falls the Shadow

This isn't a poetry forum. Less of that jibber-jabber. You choose not to write like a normal person, because you're afraid to have a logical conversation.

dlofnep wrote: »
    This isn't a poetry forum. Less of that jibber-jabber. You choose not to write like a normal person, because you're afraid to have a logical conversation.
    There is a dimension of imagination, dlofnep, which is unknown to you... Have ever thought... Why are you fail to set foot in that dimension... Because there lock on your door of imagination.... Normal folks can't set foot in that dimension... You're normal person, will lead a normal life..

There a dimension of imagination, dlofnep, which is unknown to you... Have ever thought... Why are you fail to set foot in that dimension... Because there lock on your door of imagination.... Normal folks can't set foot in that dimension... You're normal person, will lead a normal life..

Unless you have a desire to type like a normal human being, I have no interest in conversing with you.

Unless you have a desire
    Between the desire
    And the spasm
    Between the potency
    And the existence
    Between the essence
    And the descent
    Falls the Shadow
    to type like a normal human being, I have no interest in conversing with you.
    Falls the Shadow

• Advertisement

You're placed on ignore. Congrats.

You're placed on ignore. Congrats.
    I did that months ago. Your boards experience will now improve dramatically.

MrP

Actually i have forced you to ignore me... You're really pain in @ss.. Thanks, your weak intellect does not perceive
    ;)

Another soul you've driven away from Islam. Allah must be proud of you, failing to save so many.

sarky..
    I ended mass effect 3 on insanity. I feel pity on you,sarky.... I challenge the intellectualism of every atheist here, to end that game on insanity.. Remember insanity is to insane..

Mass Effect 3? Please. Come back when you've caused the Pac-man score counter to run out of zeros and reset, noob.

Mass Effect 3? Please. Come back when you've caused the Pac-man score counter to run out of zeros and reset, noob.
    Hey sarky be cool it's game, finish your prejudices while playing games... It's tip to play a game on insanity...

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

Also ignored, I can't take any more of this pseudointellectual drivel.

sephir0th wrote: »
    You're Welcome.. I am a strange character, folks
    "Are There Any More Real Cowboys?"

<obvious Brokeback Mountain joke>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

There is a dimension of imagination, dlofnep, which is unknown to you... Have ever thought... Why are you fail to set foot in that dimension... Because there lock on your door of imagination.... Normal folks can't set foot in that dimension... You're normal person, will lead a normal life..

Are you saying heaven is imaginary?

I also like how he is talking to people who can't hear him...

Kinda like praying...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Actually i have forced you to ignore me... You're really pain in @ss.. Thanks, your weak intellect does not perceive
    ;)

Your weak intellect has just made him decide entertaining your rubbish and mythical made up stories is a waste of time-stick to your books that where made by people with agendas of power and control.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

sephir0th wrote: »

I don't think he can be considered to be even at the level of Pseudo-intellectual when he brings Mass Effect 3 to a discussion on the idiocy of Creationism. :D JC appears to have gone missing from the topic actually...

Don't say its name! He's like the candy man, only more painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

**** guys, if he beat a computer game he must be some kinda genius beyond that of any normal human beings.

Y'know, that or actually likes to play video games to beat them, like everyone else does.

JC JC JC [looks over shoulder]

MrP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

robindch wrote: »
    Research indicates there are "over one hundred" clerics in the MSH, most of whom are elderly. Assuming that this means 150 clerics -- not an unreasonable assumption, I hope -- that gives a abuser rate of rate of a little over 2.5%.
    recedite wrote: »
    And assuming a rate of 2.6 closet paedophiles to every active child abuser, -- not an unreasonable assumption, I hope -- that gives a paedophile rate of 6.5% >>>>> quickly exiting stage left :pac:
    Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, but there were 61.53846154 priests working there. If 4 priests were involved, that's 6.5% of them!

*runs away*

You cant laugh your way out of unsupported claims.
    You didn,t support the 6.5% claim
    You then entered a 4% claim and that remains unsupported
    Now you are fishing with a 2.5% claim.
    all all you have as backup is makey up statistics.
    There are standard required when yo make claims.
    Provide a test that can falsify them and provide valid and reliable evidence that supports them.
    You are well aware of academic standards.
    treating it as a joke wont change that nor will casting disparaging or defamatory remarks on particular clerics.
    Look at what happened at RTE.

Im quite happy to accept valid evidence but innuendo and false or distorted claims are not good for academic reputation or for using boards.ie as a source.

If you want to turn a&a into after hours pub talk then suit yourself.
    Ill keep my standards elsewhere.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

^^^ ISAW, pursuant to Dades' warning here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77943481&postcount=942

Your post above has been moved into this thread to avoid your ongoing attempt to trainwreck the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

ISAW wrote: »
    You cant laugh your way out of unsupported claims.
    You didn,t support the 6.5% claim
    You then entered a 4% claim and that remains unsupported
    Now you are fishing with a 2.5% claim.
    all all you have as backup is makey up statistics.
    There are standard required when yo make claims.
    Provide a test that can falsify them and provide valid and reliable evidence that supports them.
    You are well aware of academic standards.
    treating it as a joke wont change that nor will casting disparaging or defamatory remarks on particular clerics.
    Look at what happened at RTE.

Im quite happy to accept valid evidence but innuendo and false or distorted claims are not good for academic reputation or for using boards.ie as a source.

If you want to turn a&a into after hours pub talk then suit yourself.
    Ill keep my standards elsewhere.

Clerics of the Catholic Church mentally, physically, and sexually abused children for decades - FACT.

For decades the Catholic Church failed to punish the guilty - FACT.

Clerics accused of sexually abusing children were put in positions where they continued to have access to children - FACT.

The hierarchy in Rome still denies culpability - FACT.

Quibbling about percentages is, IMHO, appalling behaviour.

One was too many. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    The hierarchy in Rome still denies culpability - FACT.

Worse still, didn't they try to pawn off responsibility onto the gays before?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement