Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

dead one wrote: »
    Hey sarky be cool it's game, finish your prejudices while playing games... It's tip to play a game on insanity...

You also stole it. What would Allah have to say about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Clerics of the Catholic Church mentally, physically, and sexually abused children for decades - FACT.

For decades the Catholic Church failed to punish the guilty - FACT.

Clerics accused of sexually abusing children were put in positions where they continued to have access to children - FACT.

The hierarchy in Rome still denies culpability - FACT.

Quibbling about percentages is, IMHO, appalling behaviour.

One was too many. :mad:

ISAW is indoctrinated and feels an obligation to deny reality - FACT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

robindch wrote: »
    I've explained to you perhaps five, perhaps ten, maybe fifteen times, publicly and via PM about this figure. If you find yourself still unable to understand it, then the problem is entirely yours.

you made a claim about 6.5% of offenders being priests and then you lowered oit to 4%
    Both claims were false!
    I under the stats very well!
    You mis reported 4% of victims as 4% of offenders as i see it.

catholic priests were never 4% of offenders and you know that and you wrongly claimed it but you cant admit it.
    With respect to this thread, you said that "Roman Catholics didn't vote for Hitler". I have pointed out that Catholics were the crucial voting bloc which provided Hitler with dictatorial powers.

And i posted the actual stats
    Here are some charts
    http://www.churchinhistory.org/images/hitler-rise/map3&4.jpg
    http://www.churchinhistory.org/images/hitler-rise/map5&6.jpg

They clearly show how Catholic areas voted.
    You are free to stick your fingers in your ears, go "la, la, la", waffle interminably about a wide range of irrelevant topics, produce pages of random numbers, and deny the basic facts of history if you wish.

You are the "la la " person! You claimed
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77696548&postcount=839
    177 priests ... 6.3% of the diocese
    i pointed out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77699611&postcount=842

of the 177 some were abusers of adults etc. the ones who were possible child sex abusers were 102. the is no reason to assume half the 11 were within remit.

And how does 102 allegations become "convicted of child abuse, or who had credible allegations" apparently your standard of "credible" is "anonymous"!

Eventually in 1.13 you discover "Of the 34 priests from the Dublin Archdiocese, ten are dead, 20 are out of ministry and four are in ministry."

we can only say 11 were convicted but assume all 34 are "credible" 34:2800 = 1.2%
    not 6.3%
    The report itself says this figure in 1.13 and mentions 11 convictions not 34.

you also claimed the Irish catholic newspaper stated
    that 4% of convicted pedophiles in Irish prisons were clerics.

Misreported by you
    It actually says
    Quote:
    Given that clergy account for approximately 4% of abuse, Irish society has a long way to go to rooting out this evil in our midst.

which means 4% of victims are victims of clergy and NOT that 4%of abusers are clergy as you claimed!
    BTW, on a mod note, would you mind using a spell checker on some or all of your posts?
    Fair enough. I also have a keypad problem as it jumps to azerty sometimes.
    On an academic integrity note would you mind actually doing a statistics check on the demographics of Germany in the 1930 and on the actual reported percentage of pedophile offenders who are clergy and not what you actually think the stats are?

I posted the actual percentage of Protestant catholic and mixed areas and how they voted so dont blame me if you don't understand them.

Try looking at the pictures I posted. Notice any correlations?
    Catholics didn't vote for Hitler!
    the roman church didn't support Hitler!
    Successive popes openly opposed Hitler as did German bishops.

Your fingers are in your ears and when you make unsupported claims that are demolished you resort to complaining about the way i post and not the actual content.

Try dealing with the actual facts please.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    > Believe in all powerful God that created the Universe, but is incapable of showing itself to humanity at large.

I rarely f ever mention my personal beliefs. I deal in facts. I also rarely make claims. I dal in asking others toi support their claims and providing counter evidence to their claims.

this isnt about Biblical fundamentalism. It is about claims like
    1. certain percentages of pedophiles being Priests e.g 4% or 6.45%
    (both of which are unsupported)
    2. that Catholics in Germany and the church supported Hitler
    they didn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

ISAW wrote: »

this isnt about Biblical fundamentalism. It is about claims like
    1. certain percentages of pedophiles being Priests e.g 4% or 6.45%
    (both of which are unsupported)
    Robindch has gone over this numerous times, you keep choosing to either ignore it, or you don't understand it. Either way, let it go now, it's not even funny anymore.
    ISAW wrote: »
    2. that Catholics in Germany and the church supported Hitler
    they didn't!
    Yes they did. Maybe not all of them, but a very large amount of Catholics in Germany did support Hitler, there is no point in denying this, it is a historical fact.
    The Pope, and high ranking members of the Vatican also supported Hitler, but quickly withdrew their public support once they'd realised how much of a danger he was.

These are the facts of History. This is not a conspiracy. This is not twisting the past. These are the established historical facts from people alive at the time, and oh so much more.

Now, go back and read my last post on this thread a few pages back. This is my lost post to you on this matter. It's ridiculous how blinded you've become.

• Advertisement

Robindch has gone over this numerous times, you keep choosing to either ignore it, or you don't understand it. Either way, let it go now, it's not even funny anymore.

show me once wher he produced support for the claim he made?
    Just one instance of any reporting saying 6.5% of child sex offenders are priests?
    even a report on non convicted levels of abuse?
    i dont think accusing priests of being child abusers is a joke .
    And i dont think standing up for made up statistics about it is a joke
    Yes they did. Maybe not all of them, but a very large amount of Catholics in Germany did support Hitler, there is no point in denying this, it is a historical fact.

LOL! Because you say so?
    Just like robin said 6.5% of offenders were priests?

I have posted the actual election counts from the 1930s.
    You can clearly see the Catholic areas were not Nazi voters and the non Catholics areas were.
    the is also evidence the lapsed Catholics or those who believed the mesage of the Nazis and didnt trust their own bishops or Pope were the ones voting Nazi. But by and large Catholics didnt vote Nazi. Not alone is it a historical fact because i say it it her here in picture form

historical fact! not a claim of one and actually established and well supported one!
    The Pope, and high ranking members of the Vatican also supported Hitler, but quickly withdrew their public support once they'd realised how much of a danger he was.

rubbish! Two popes were in power when Hitler rose to take over germany
    Both opposed Naziism!

Where is your evidence the Vatican supported Hitler and then suddenly began opposing him?
    These are the facts of History. This is not a conspiracy. This is not twisting the past. These are the established historical facts from people alive at the time, and oh so much more.

so you should not have any problems producing the historical artefacts and statistics and doccumented facts supporting your claim -*rather than just you "this is the truth" unsupported claim?
    Now, go back and read my last post on this thread a few pages back. This is my lost post to you on this matter. It's ridiculous how blinded you've become.

why dont you actually produce some of these so called "facts" instead of claiming them?
    and why cant you supply a reference to your own messages?

You cant even do that and you have the gall to dictate you know it all? Like the titanic you are in danger of sinking in your own hubris.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Pursuant to Dades warning -- one of many -- here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77943481&postcount=942

Your posts mentioning the 6.5 issue have been moved here (again). You have been carded for ignoring multiple private and public warnings regarding your posting style. Your next repetition of the same issue will see you banned from the forum as you seem almost entirely incapable of discussing anything else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

crocodile.gif416.gif

cowzerp wrote: »
    Your weak intellect has just made him decide entertaining your rubbish and mythical made up stories is a waste of time-stick to your books that where made by people with agendas of power and control.
    Dear Cowzerp..
    My heart is in total peace... I don't care what other think or what they decide... When your heart will in peace.. you will understand what i am saying, but the only problem is, every one can't reach this stage where i am... It's stage of total peace... It's stage where there is no anger, where there is no pain, where there is no suffering...

You also stole it. What would Allah have to say about that?
    I don't steal anything, my friend. It don't bring harm upon the existence of other...where the laws which you are following, they make other suffer.... I can see pain and suffering, I can feel it... It is my desire to play games and i don't follow your hypocrite rules... The rules which enslave your desires, which put a limit on your desires..... You, including majority are suffering due to these rules... Let us create a world free of money... Where everyone can enjoy everything without money... The rich enjoy and poor suffer... These laws need a classic villain like me. I don't afraid of any of your law... you can't stop my boat, the boat which feeds the desires of poor.... The boat wanders through ocean of this invisible world..... If i start enlisting the game which i played, my life will end, the games will not end.. See the passion of dead one.. I can hear the singing of the sea creatures from the passages above me and they are promising the return of the gulls.--

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Aww bless, he's trying to justify his crime!

Sarky wrote: »
    Aww bless, he's trying to justify his crime!
    mew--what crime, i rob the one who robs other... That's How the Fortune Cookie Crumbles... I rob the robbers... That's a way of classic villain... I have my own rules to follow...I don't break those rules
    Dear sarky...I've started my journey in a paper boat without a bottom, I will fly to the moon in it.." Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand / I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Quick, some get that gob****e Sean Sherlock and we can get rid of deadone and JC together!

• Moderators Posts: 51,765 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

mew--what crime, i rob the one who robs other... That's How the Fortune Cookie Crumbles... I rob the robbers... That's a way of classic villain... I have my own rules to follow...I don't break those rules

Theft, you admit that you rob from people. That's a criminal act.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Quick, some get that gob****e Sean Sherlock and we can get rid of deadone and JC together!
    I can't say anything about JC, but if you want to get rid of me, you must understand the philosophy of jackal..
    You can't break a man the way you break a dog...or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind. Men have this idea that we can fight with dignity, that it's the proper way to kill someone; it's absurd (illogical), it's anaesthetic (painkilling). We needed to endure (suffer) the bloody horror of murder. You must destroy that idea. Show them what a messy, terrible thing it is to kill a man... and then show them that you relish(enjoy) in it. Shoot the wounded, then execute the wounded; burn them. Take them in close combat, destroy their preconceptions(fixed ideas) of what a man is, and you become their personal monster. When they fear you... you become stronger, you become better. But let's never forget, it's a display, it's a posture(stanace), like a lion's roar or a gorilla thumping at his chest. If you lose yourself with display, if you succumb(surrender) to the horror... then you become the monster. You become reduced. Not more than a man, but less; and it can be fatal.

koth wrote: »
    Theft, you admit that you rob from people. That's a criminal act.
    Dear koth, i have admitted that i rob people who rob others.. Tell how it is theft

Dear koth, i have admitted that i rob people who rob others.. Tell how it is theft

you rob people, that is theft. Didn't your mother ever tell you "two wrongs don't make a right"?

you rob people, that is theft. Didn't your mother ever tell you "two wrongs don't make a right"?
    You're generalizing thing but your generalizing is not going to work here, dear koth. I don't rob a single person, or my act doesn't bring damage to any of human... Now tell how it is crime..

You're generalizing thing but your generalizing is not going to work here, dear koth. I don't rob a single person, or my act doesn't bring damage to any of human... Now tell how it is crime..

I'll let your own post answer for me.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Far Cry 2 used in a religious discussion. I've seen it all now.

• Advertisement

I'll let your own post answer for me.
    Dear koth, i am in total peace, i don't care what other think... "Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand / I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me / Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back / Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me / There's no place I can be / Since I found serenity / But you can't take the sky from me "
    your worldly rules can't stop my firefly... I will play what ever i want...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Can we get back on thread:
    Creationism versus Evolution.

at least until you're prosecuted for your crimes.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Firefly now?? Is nothing sacred anymore?

stoneill wrote: »
    It's sickness to discuss Creationism versus Evolution... Creationism is a curse and evolution-ism is a curse... Let us free our soul from these curses..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

[SIZE="3"]Can we get back on thread:
    Creationism versus Evolution.[/SIZE]

But dead one showing total disregard for laws and video game developers and their livelihoods is far more interesting! He's justifying theft because he LIKES it, and then trying to claim the moral high ground by likening himself to Robin Hood, despite the absence of the "give to the poor" bit.

I'm fairly sure his god would be disgusted.

No idea if this has been posted before, but some people may not have seen this.

robindch wrote: »
    No, majority of the German population in the 1930's were protestant (54%), not catholic (40%, see here).

Yes and catholic regions didn't vote for Hitler
    See here:

and here
    Martin Luther who wrote a book called On the Jews and Their Lies

which has nothing to do with roman Catholic antisemitism but in any case hads nothing to do with linking Luther to Naziism since they didnt appear till over 400 years later.

which instructed christians on what larcenous and murderous policies they should adopt towards jews - policies that were broadly implemented and extended by the Nazi's once Hitler had assumed dictatorial power with the necessary support of the catholic priest Ludwig Kaas and his catholic Center Party (which I mentioned recently and you appear to have forgotten about).
    i wont go into other things you seem to have forgotten about.
    I pointed out to you in detail how the roamn catholic church doint support Hitler.
    you seem to have forgotten the actual vote.

Chapter IV
    HITLER'S RISE TO POWER
    By
    Dennis Barton
    Papen proposed that the Centre should form a coalition with the Nazis and Nationalists as this would provide an administration with a parliamentary majority. Bruning replied on behalf of the Centre that he would never sit at the same table as the Nazis
    Kaas, the Centre party chairman, begged Papen not to become Chancellor.He added that if he went ahead he would incur the hate and enmity of his own party ((FVP 157)). So when Papen, in June 1932, became Chancellor, the Centre MPs unanimously deplored what he had done. Papen tried to keep the friendship of the Centre but had to admit that there was no hope of reconciliation ((FVP 151)). In September 1932 the Centre joined other parties in passing a vote of 'no confidence' in Papen's government ((FVP 209)). Some authors state that the Vatican was pleased when Papen replaced Bruning. There is no evidence for this. The accusation is based on an uncritical acceptance of Communist propaganda...
    It was on the 5th of March 1933 that Papen for the first time became an MP in the Reichstag and it was as a Nationalist, not a Centre Party member. As Papen was not a member of the Nazi party, he was not excommunicated by the Church. During the March election he had warned that pride of race 'must never develop into hatred of other races' and 'there was no need to found a new religion to bolster the German race' ((FVP 268)). In August 1932 a German delegate to the Jewish World Congress in Geneva had praised the Von Papen government's attitude towards the Jews ((FVP 285)). Papen soon became disillusioned with the way things were going.

On the 17th June 1934 at Marlburg University, while still vice-Chancellor, he publicly denounced Nazi attacks on free speech, the law, human rights, a free press, personal liberty and the churches. He said that the country had to choose between Christianity or Nazism ((FVP 309)). He condemned the reign of terror and warned the Nazis not to confuse virility with brutality. He declared that the one-party state was acceptable only as a transition stage on the way to an authoritarian but democratic state based on Christian principles ((FVP 307-9)). Although publication of the speech was banned in Germany, copies were spread secretly, and reported abroad ((KCA 8230)).

Next day he handed in his cabinet resignation, but Hitler persuaded him to wait until an investigation had been made to discover who had banned his speech being reported.

Two weeks later, Hitler had all those likely to lead any attempt to overthrow him, murdered. These included Erich Klausener, the leader of Catholic Action, who had helped to draft Papen's speech ((WLS 218 and 223)), Fritz Gerlich, a Catholic editor, and Adalbert Probst, a well-known national Catholic Youth leader ((KG 61)). One of Papen's private secretaries was killed and two others sent to concentration camps.

As for Kaas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_Kaas#Kaas_as_party_chairman
    From 1930 onwards, Kaas loyally supported the administration under the Centre's Heinrich Brüning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Now, do you have anything to discuss in relation to the actual topic of the thread?
    I opened this topic assuming that 'she who must not be named' had returned with a new ridiculous statement but its just Isaw spamming. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement