Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

What's his number?
    You don't need a phone ... just go and get Saved.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

J C wrote: »
    You don't need a phone ... just go and get Saved.:)

Go and get.....ahem.... never mind.

Corkfeen wrote: »
    You're not a rationalist... Everything you say is based around an ancient holy book describing how the world started. This is not in any way objective. The so called science is based on claiming the world is denying the truth and an all out conspiracy against their 'rationality'. However any efforts of science such as the second law of thermodynamics argument are entirely ignorant of what the law entails and are blatant lies.
    I haven't metioned any Holy Book here tonight ... and every scientific Law is objective evidence of the existence of a Law Giver ... who created everything to run in accordance with His physical Laws.

Corkfeen wrote: »
    You're not a rationalist... Everything you say is based around an ancient holy book describing how the world started. This is not in any way objective. The so called science is based on claiming the world is denying the truth and an all out conspiracy against their 'rationality'. However any efforts of science such as the second law of thermodynamics argument are entirely ignorant of what the law entails and are blatant lies.
    No true Scotsman (rationalist) ... and all that!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭Evade

All evidence that we are 'running down' from a once-perfect Creation ... rather than 'running up' from pondslime!!!!:)
    If an infallible god creates a perfect being which through it's perfect reproductive process makes imperfect offspring does that mean the perfect creation was imperfect and the creator therefore fallible or the infallible god is just an asshole demanding something designed to be flawed be flawless?

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    If an infallible god creates a perfect being which through it's perfect reproductive process makes imperfect offspring does that mean the perfect creation was imperfect and the creator therefore fallible or the infallible god is just an asshole demanding something designed to be flawed be flawless?
    The 'flaw' ... if there is one, is that God created us as free-willed beings ... and I certainly am very grateful that He did so ... because I am a Sovereign Being with an independent mind and will ... and not a mindless programmed 'robot'.
    The fact that Adam and Eve ... and everybody since then, may have abused this sovereignty of will to a greater or lesser extent, doesn't make it a bad idea ... it's just an abuse of a good idea ... and the alternatives are all much worse. The abuse of our soveregnty of will is also vastly outweighed by our positive and loving use of our will to freely love and respect our Creator ... and our fellow wo/man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 looseliver

All evidence that we are 'running down' from a once-perfect Creation ...

Is this to say that people of the past were genetically superior to us today?

• Moderators Posts: 51,765 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

The 'flaw' ... if there is one, is that God created us as free-willed beings ... and I certainly am very grateful that He did so ... because I am a Sovereign Being with an independent mind and will ... and not a mindless programmed 'robot'.
    The fact that Adam and Eve ... and everybody since then, may have abused this sovereignty of will to a greater or lesser extent, doesn't make it a bad idea ... it's just an abuse of a good idea ... and the alternatives are all much worse. The abuse of our soveregnty of will is also vastly outweighed by our positive and loving use of our will to freely love and respect our Creator ... and our fellow wo/man!!

You want to try science instead of sermonising for a change?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

We ask you for evidence, you fail to provide it. We clearly show where your ludicrous claims are wrong, you ignore the evidence. You insult us, then claim you didn't. We show why your reasoning is stupid, you claim persecution and insults that don't exist.

I'm tired of you. You're boring. You could at least try posting something new. Different ad hominems, or different bullsh*t pretending to be science. But you can't even do that.

You're a failure as a scientist, you're a failure as an evangelist, you're a failure as a troll. It must sting, knowing you're so bad at everything you do. Knowing you can't hack it as a scientist. Knowing you've failed to save a single soul, that your efforts actually drive people away from your useless, mewling pretend god. Knowing that you're a complete laughing stock across the internet. And worst of all, knowing that you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Evidence.

Or.

GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I like how we are falling further from perfection (according to J C) but our life expectancy just keeps getting higher!

• Advertisement

Clearly God thinks we look better with wrinkles, arthritis and dementia. What a c*nt.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

Sarky wrote: »
    you're a failure as a troll.

I'm not sure about that, he seems pretty successful at trolling you guys now.
    STOP RESPONDING.

sephir0th wrote: »
    STOP RESPONDING.

To troll someone you need to get them worked up about something, in this case Creation Vs Evolution.
    I don't see anyone who takes J C seriously enough to get worked up about anything he says, except when he straight out lies about people.

Plus some of us that wouldn't know a huge amount about evolution get to read some really interesting stuff posted by those who explain why creationism is nonsense :)

tumblr_m3rxu7f2ne1qc6jxfo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

koth wrote: »
    Plus some of us that wouldn't know a huge amount about evolution get to read some really interesting stuff posted by those who explain why creationism is nonsense :)

tumblr_m3rxu7f2ne1qc6jxfo1_500.jpg

QFT.

I would have considered myself reasonably clued in about evolution but some of the posts here (oldrnwiser's being the most obvious examples) have been a positive eye-opener. The lack of anything even remotely resembling evidence in the posts from our mutual unfriend just nails the argument in evolutions favour.

As an aside, on the mobile site, this thread has reached page 616. I'm sure that matters to someone.

I like how we are falling further from perfection (according to J C) but our life expectancy just keeps getting higher!
    Recently in western countries, mostly due to decreased infant mortality ... and better food, housing and medical care ... not due to underlying genetics ... which are in decline due to mutagenesis.

looseliver wrote: »
    Is this to say that people of the past were genetically superior to us today?
    In a word ... yes.
    Their lifespans were measured in hundreds of years before the Flood!!

In a word ... yes.

Feel free to post any evidence to back up your support of your religious fables. Other wise, you're just continuing to make unsupported claims that the bible is a factual document.

koth wrote: »
    You want to try science instead of sermonising for a change?
    I do both !!!:)

• Advertisement

We ask you for evidence, you fail to provide it. We clearly show where your ludicrous claims are wrong, you ignore the evidence. You insult us, then claim you didn't. We show why your reasoning is stupid, you claim persecution and insults that don't exist.
    I have provided the evidence for Creation, clearly showed where ye are wrong about Evolution, loved you despite your overt insults and patiently tried to save your eternal soul.:)
    I'm tired of you. You're boring. You could at least try posting something new. Different ad hominems, or different bullsh*t pretending to be science. But you can't even do that.
    Sorry bop!!!
    You're a failure as a scientist, you're a failure as an evangelist, you're a failure as a troll. It must sting, knowing you're so bad at everything you do. Knowing you can't hack it as a scientist. Knowing you've failed to save a single soul, that your efforts actually drive people away from your useless, mewling pretend god. Knowing that you're a complete laughing stock across the internet. And worst of all, knowing that you have nobody to blame but yourself.
    I am at the top of my profession ... I have led many people to Christ ... and you are as wrong about my Sovereign Omnipotent God ... as you are about me!!!!
    Evidence.

Or.

GTFO.
    You're betraying the weakness of your case with your use of expletives!!:)

... and I want the very best for you despite your insults ... and I forgive you because you know not what you do!!!

I do both !!!:)

No, you don't you present Christian biblical myths as your "evidence". That's only sermonising. You've constantly displayed that you've serious problems understanding science, but I guess that's why you fall back to the safety of your holy book.

Try reading some of the excellent posts on this thread that display the evidence for evolution. I know you struggle with the material, but there a number of well informed posters here who are more than willing to lend you a hand when you hit a problem.

sephir0th wrote: »
    STOP RESPONDING.
    The Word of God is truth ... and it cuts like a two edged sword.

It's not me they are responding to ... it's the Holy Spirit indwelling me that they are reacting to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

In a word ... yes.

haha

ahahahaha

ahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaaaaaa *cough* hahahahahahahahhahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

In a word ... yes.

Sooooo our life span has gone from hundreds of years to about 40 years or so and it's beginning to increase again now?

What caused the dip and what has changed it to grow again?

also hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

shizz wrote: »
    Sooooo our life span has gone from hundreds of years to about 40 years or so and it's beginning to increase again now?

What caused the dip and what has changed it to grow again?

also hahahaha

I'm betting this will be some strange original sin argument. Sin corrupted us and acts as an infection. Unfortunately penicillin and other treatments are insufficient to return us to a lifespan of hundreds of years as we're all sinful bastards who should believe in unsubstantiated rubbish...

JC can you produce some actual proof of these supposed lifespans. Or are you pulling it out of the arse end of the bible? Noah and creationist sites aren't proof just to tell you. :pac:

Still lying, J C. And still boring. Try something new before this thread reaches the 10k limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

LOL!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

So god made us to not be robots.
    Then wants us to act like robots?

• Advertisement

MYSTERIOUS WAYS!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement