Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Now, you quote a passage of yours from
    your original proof & explain the things on my list away. Here is a model:

Originally Posted by Model of Disproof by "Proof"
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Adequate_Representation_of_"Proof"
    snail jogs by bouncing it's electron basketball with each bounce
    off the idle rna codons in empty space hammering another combinatorial
    nail into the evolutionist fairytale coffin...

This part of my proof disproves thermodynamics because there is no
    heat in empty space ergo evolution is a myth!!! CHECKMATE!
    ... what are you talking about???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

J C wrote: »
    ... what are you talking about???

Can't read all of a sudden? Crack out that analytic scientist-myself muscle
    & give my post a whirl again ;)

Here is the list:
    natural selection,
    sexual selection,
    thermodynamics,
    environmental pressures

Now, since you're so keen on mathematical proofs you should understand the
    axiomatic method. Therefore, modelling your response on that style I'd like
    you to show us, by referring to the axioms (your proof!), how everything
    in my list is disproven by your axioms (proof!). It's not hard, in my
    last response I used your snail example to disprove the element called
    thermodynamics in my list, I think you'd need to do a bit better than my
    model proof though, it can be disproven by the strenuous exercise of
    examining the truth content of those statements!

Think about it, I'll be in around 6am to read your expository work :cool::D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

(a). I haven't been hiding ... I have provided the proof pro bono on this thread and others.
    (b). You can expect publication of ID scientific proofs whenever Evolutionist Journals openly welcome and call for ID papers.
    (c). As I haven't been nominated for a Nobel Prize, rumours of me collecting a Nobel Prize have been greatly exaggerated!!!:)

Sorry not good enough,
    (a)stop hiding your light under a bushel. Why limit your genius to threads such as these ?
    (b) Nature is not an ''evolutionist journal'' ,it is a scientific journal where all peer reviewed articles are welcome.
    (c) until you publish that prize will continue to aillud you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

(a). I haven't been hiding ... I have provided the proof pro bono on this thread and others.
    Hey, yet more lies...

if you aren't hiding why aren't you defending your proof against the questions you've been dodging?
    (b). You can expect publication of ID scientific proofs whenever Evolutionist Journals openly welcome and call for ID papers.
    They are open to it JC, just you and your nitwit creationist comrades aren't capable of putting together a passable leaving cert science project let alone a paper that would pass peer review.

If your proof is a strong as you are deluded into believing it is, then you should have no problem publishing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Sorry guys, I might be drunk but I'm with J.C on this whole intelligent design/creationism debate. It's just so much easier on my brain right now to believe a magic man just made everything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

liamw wrote: »
    It's just so much easier on my brain right now to believe a magic man just made everything.
    Paul-D-200x200.jpg

King Mob wrote: »
    Hey, yet more lies...

if you aren't hiding why aren't you defending your proof against the questions you've been dodging?
    ... yet more lies on your part ... I have vigorously and effectively defended my proof.

They are open to it JC, just you and your nitwit creationist comrades aren't capable of putting together a passable leaving cert science project let alone a paper that would pass peer review.

If your proof is a strong as you are deluded into believing it is, then you should have no problem publishing it.
    ... do I detect an Evolutionist bias against eminently and conventionally qualified Creation Scientists and ID proponents in your reply???

... a bias that also exists in a highly irrational and virulent form amongst many other evolutionists as well??

I guess when it comes to emotional irrationality on matters of 'faith and morals' some Materialists can 'hold their own' with every other religious fanatic and zealot that this fallen World has ever known!!!:pac:

marienbad wrote: »
    Sorry not good enough,
    (a)stop hiding your light under a bushel. Why limit your genius to threads such as these ?
    ... but we don't limit our genius to Boards threads there are thousands of peer-reviewed papers published by Creation Scientists.
    (b) Nature is not an ''evolutionist journal'' ,it is a scientific journal where all peer reviewed articles are welcome.
    I look forward to them calling for papers on Creation Science and ID then!!!!
    (c) until you publish that prize will continue to aillud you:)
    I am with Jesus Christ on this one ... which is far better!!!

... yet more lies on your part ... I have vigorously and effectively defended my proof.
    So which part of "vigorously and effectively" includes ignoring all the questions about it.
    ... do I detect an Evolutionist bias against Creationists and ID proponents in your reply???

... a bias that also exists in a highly irrational and virulent form amongst many other evolutionists as well??
    Nope, if your proof holds up then you should have no problem publishing it.
    However it's painfully stupid and wouldn't pass a secondary second level.

But I've no doubt you'll blame this on an imagined atheist conspiracy rather than your own stupidity and ignorance.
    I guess when it comes to emotional irrationality on matters of 'faith and morals' some Materialists can 'hold their own' with every other religious fanatic and zealot that this fallen World has ever known!!!:pac:
    Well JC, there's no convincing you otherwise. You're just that deluded.
    However each time you post these idiotic and dishonest posts and every time you ignore questions and out and out lie you are doing all the work in showing exactly what being a creationist means.
    Good job, keep up the good work.

... give my post a whirl again ;)

Here is the list:
    natural selection,
    sexual selection,
    thermodynamics,
    environmental pressures
    NS is a fact ... and it acts on the pre-existing CFSI genetic diversity infused into the various genomes at Creation. It's existence therefore doesn't have any bearing on my proof that CFSI doesn't generate itself ... and that CFSI requires an input of intelligent design to produce it.

SS is a fact ... and it acts on the pre-existing CFSI genetic diversity infused into the various genomes at Creation. It's existence therefore doesn't have any bearing on my proof that CFSI doesn't generate itself ... and that CFSI requires an input of intelligent design to produce it.

The laws thermodynamics indicate that everything in the universe is moving from a state of order to disorder ... and this can only be locally reversed by the input of intelligently harnessed energy. They are therefore a major supporting proof for the Intelligent Design of life.

Environmental pressures are a fact ... and they act on the pre-existing CFSI genetic diversity infused into the various genomes at Creation. It's existence therefore doesn't have any bearing on my proof that CFSI doesn't generate itself ... and that CFSI requires an input of intelligent design to produce it.

... I'll be in around 6am to read your expository work :cool::D
    Thanks for your devotion to my every word.:cool::D
    ... now go and devote yourself to the Word of God ... and get Saved and stop believing that you are glorified 'pondslime made Man' by a process of selected mistakes ...
    ... when you are, in fact, a Specially Created Son of God ... with an eternal destiny of your own choosing ahead of you!!!

• Advertisement

Nope, if your proof holds up then you should have no problem publishing it.
    However it's painfully stupid and wouldn't pass a secondary second level.

But I've no doubt you'll blame this on an imagined atheist conspiracy rather than your own stupidity and ignorance.
    wrote:
    Originally Posted by King Mob

Please note your generalisation in relation to all Creation Scientists and all of their work which I have highlighted in red in your original quote above. This indicates bias against Creationism and ID in general ... and not just my proof in particular.
    So it is painfully obvious that the only result to be expected by a Creationist or an ID Proponet in 'coming out' to their Evolutionist colleagues is immediate vilification ... and no chance of publication of their scientific papers (other than possibly to tear them apart) with unfounded remarks and invalid criticisms ... as this thread has amply demonstrated ... with all of the 'liar liar, pants on fire' remarks ... and no substantive scientifc criticism of my ID proof.

Please note the generalisation in relation to all Creation Scientists and all of their work which I have highlighted in red in your original quote above. This indicates bias against Creationism and ID in general ... and not just my proof in particular.
    And I do stand by that quote. If you are a creationist it's because you are a nitwit and can't pass a leaving cert level of science.
    Take you for instance you can't even state what a mathematical proof is yet you've dishonestly brandied the term around like you know what it meant, then backtracked in the funniest way when we called you on it.
    So it is painfully obvious that the only result to be expected by a Creationist or an ID Proponet in 'coming out' to their Evolutionist colleagues is immediate vilification ... and no chance of publication of their scientific papers (other than possibly to tear them apart)
    Or it could be the result of the fact that creationists have to be willfully ignorant and dishonest to hold their beliefs, aptly demonstrated by you, and that their ideas are painfully stupid in every way.

but no it can't possibly be that can it?
    with unfounded remarks and invalid criticisms ... as this thread has amply demonstrated ... with all of the 'liar liar, pants on fire' remarks ...
    But we've shown you long lists of the lies you've told and the questions you've ignored. And guess what? You ignored it and lied about it.
    and no substantive scientifc criticism of my ID proof.
    Why? It doesn't need one because you proof is just plain idiotic.
    Saying one made up number is bigger than another made up number does not prove anything at all.
    That's all the criticism it needs, that's what I;ve been saying for the last 50 pages of your lunacy and that's the point you continue to ignore.

But please keep going JC you're doing our work for us.

And I do stand by that quote. If you are a creationist it's because you are a nitwit and can't pass a leaving cert level of science.
    ... and you are not alone in these unfounded deeply biased prejudicial views about Creation Scientists, all of whom are conventionally qualified scientists ... and many are very eminent indeed !!!
    ... like I have already said, it is painfully obvious that the expected result from a Creationist or an ID Proponet in 'coming out' to their Evolutionist colleagues is immediate vilification ... and no chance of publication of their scientific papers (other than possibly to tear them apart) with unfounded remarks and invalid criticisms.

Take you for instance you can't even state what a mathematical proof is yet you've dishonestly brandied the term around like you know what it meant, then backtracked in the funniest way when we called you on it.
    ... I have not 'backtracked' on anything ... I have always maintained (and continue to do so) that my proof of ID is a mathematical proof i.e. It uses maths to prove the validity of ID. I have never claimed that it was a Mathematical Proof of a Mathematical Theorm!!!

Or it could be the result of the fact that creationists have to be willfully ignorant and dishonest to hold their beliefs, aptly demonstrated by you, and that their ideas are painfully stupid in every way.

but no it can't possibly be that can it?
    That is your bias against ID coming out again ... and the proof that it is unfounded bias is to be found in the fact that you haven't succeeded in providing any substantive evidence for the non-intelligently directed production of the CFSI found in living organisms ... nor have you provided any substantive invalidating evidence for my mathematical proof of ID.

But we've shown you long lists of the lies you've told and the questions you've ignored. And guess what? You ignored it and lied about it.
    ... what ye have actually given are long lists of lies about me ... and I have chosen to not dignify such lists with a reply as they are a scurrilous method of debating.

Why? It doesn't need one because you proof is just plain idiotic.
    Saying one made up number is bigger than another made up number does not prove anything at all.
    Unfortunately for the Materialists, the numbers are objectively verifiable and as they can be mathematically proven they represent the strongest possible proof for the Intelligent Design of life ... and your continued denial that 'two plus two equals four' is classic denial in action ... and it can be clearly seen as denial by any objective observer reading the thread.

... and you are not alone in these unfounded deeply biased prejudicial views about Creation Scientists, all of whom are conventionally qualified scientists ... and many are very eminent indeed !!!
    ... like I have already said, it is painfully obvious that the expected result from a Creationist or an ID Proponet in 'coming out' to their Evolutionist colleagues is immediate vilification ... and no chance of publication of their scientific papers (other than possibly to tear them apart) with unfounded remarks and invalid criticisms.
    You mean invalid criticisms like how their papers are terrible and use bad logic and science or that a degree in theology doesn't qualify you for anything other than theology or that magic isn't an acceptable explanation in research?
    What fiends these scientists are...
    ... I have not 'backtracked' on anything ... I have always maintained (and continue to do so) that my proof of ID is a mathematical proof i.e. It uses maths to prove the validity of ID. I have never claimed that it was a Mathematical Proof of a Mathematical Theorm!!!
    This gets more laughable every time you you say this lame excuse.

And you're yet to actually prove you know what a mathematical proof is.
    That is your bias against ID coming out again ... and the proof that it is unfounded bias is to be found in the fact that you haven't succeeded in providing any substantive evidence for the non-intelligently directed production of the CFSI found in living organisms ... nor have you provided any substantive invalidating evidence for my mathematical proof of ID.
    Why would I bother providing any proof to you JC you have no issue ignoring stuff when it suits you.

You claim to have mathematic proof, you have to supply support for this.
    So far this has only included you stating it, restating it and then ignoring the points made against it.
    ... what ye have actually given are long lists of lies about me ... and I have chosen to not dignify such lists with a reply as they are a scurrilous method of debating.
    Ah so you've finally admitted that you are actively ignoring things. That's progress I guess.

But if we accuse you of lying, then show the evidence of lying, then we aren't lying regardless of how scurrilous you think the evidence of your lies is.

That's how evidence works JC.
    Unfortunately for the Materialists, the numbers are objectively verifiable and as they can be mathematically proven they represent the strongest possible proof for the Intelligent Design of life ... and your continued denial that 'two plus two equals four' is classic denial in action ... and it can be clearly seen as denial by any objective observer reading the thread.
    Yes all the figures you use to reach your numbers are verifiable (when you get them right that is). However the final figures you reach to illustrate how impossible evolution is, are totally arbitrary i.e. made up to sound big.
    They have no baring on reality.

For example if I use your number which you have stated to be impossible 1 in 10^130 you must then agree that number is verifiable.
    You've already agreed that the number of possible Gods is Infinite.
    Now we can get this to a more manageable number given that humanity can't hold an infinite number of ideas and that there are some concepts we can't imagine. So the number of possible gods we can imagine is close to 10^131.So therefore the chances of God existing are 1 in 10^131.

1 in 10^131 is less possible that 1 in 10^130, therefore your God is impossible by your own proof.

Now explain exactly the reason this is a flawed argument.
    Not just say it is or that it doesn't apply, point out the exact flaw.

And once you've done that, explain how the flaw doesn't apply to your proof also.

But in the likely event that you're going to ignore this point completely, we can assume that you can't give an honest answer. So then at the very least admit that.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

JC, do you know the difference between elements and molecules? Please provide a definition to confirm.

On a slightly different note, how old do you think the universe is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

I'll add another to the list of unanswered questions. J C, could you please explain to me why the mechanism of condensation nucleation for the formation of fully functional proteins is not valid?

The answer is: It is valid. But let's see what he comes up with.

You mean invalid criticisms like how their papers are terrible and use bad logic and science or that a degree in theology doesn't qualify you for anything other than theology or that magic isn't an acceptable explanation in research?
    What fiends these scientists are...
    ... all of the 'muck and magic' is on the Evolutionist side of the house!!!
    ... and Creation Scientists are conventionally qualified scientists ... who have set up their own peer-review system for their scientific papers.

But if we accuse you of lying, then show the evidence of lying, then we aren't lying regardless of how scurrilous you think the evidence of your lies is.
    ... you continuously (and deliberately) confuse a difference of opinion with lying.
    ... so you are therefore lying about me.

Yes all the figures you use to reach your numbers are verifiable (when you get them right that is). However the final figures you reach to illustrate how impossible evolution is, are totally arbitrary i.e. made up to sound big.
    They have no baring on reality.
    OK
    1. Am I correct that the number of possible permutations in a 100 chain protein is 10^130?
    2. Am I correct that a 100 chain protein is quite a small protein ... and there are many functional proteins with chain lengths of hundreds of amino acids in their chains?
    3. Am I correct that there are only about 10^82 electrons in the Big Bang Universe?
    4. Am I correct that If every cubic millimetre of the supposed 93 billion light year diameter Universe volume had a 'machine' running the permutations for a 100 chain protein once every second, they collectively would only produce 1.56E+107 permutations in the 13.9 billion years supposedly since the Big Bang ... which is an infinitesimal fraction of the 1.27E+130 permutations of amino acids in a 100 chain protein?

For example if I use your number which you have stated to be impossible 1 in 10^130 you must then agree that number is verifiable.
    You've already agreed that the number of possible Gods is Infinite.
    Now we can get this to a more manageable number given that humanity can't hold an infinite number of ideas and that there are some concepts we can't imagine. So the number of possible gods we can imagine is close to 10^131.So therefore the chances of God existing are 1 in 10^131.

1 in 10^131 is less possible that 1 in 10^130, therefore your God is impossible by your own proof.

Now explain exactly the reason this is a flawed argument.
    Not just say it is or that it doesn't apply, point out the exact flaw.
    The exact flaw in your argument is that you are talking about the number of Gods that Humans can imagine ... while I am talking about the number of permutations of amino acids in a 100 chain protein that are physically possible.
    We cannot draw any scientifically valid conclusion from the vain imaginings of Men ... but we can draw scientifically valid conclusions from observing the physical properties of living organisms.
    We therefore can (and we have) mathematically proven that living organisms were Intelligently Designed ... but we cannot scientifically prove who the Intelligent Designer(s) was/were.

And once you've done that, explain how the flaw doesn't apply to your proof also.
    The flaw applies to the vain imaginings of Men in relation to God ... but it doesn't apply to the physical reality of living organisms.
    ... and isn't it amazing that it is the Materialists who are citing their imaginings in relation to possible Gods as scientifically valid ... while I am citing the physical reality of physically observable biomolecules in my proof.

Fluffybums wrote: »
    JC, do you know the difference between elements and molecules? Please provide a definition to confirm.
    To avoid further red herring arguments, my definitions are courtesy of wikipedia:-
    A chemical element is a pure chemical substance consisting of one type of atom distinguished by its atomic number, which is the number of protons in its nucleus. All chemical matter consists of these elements. Common examples of elements are iron, copper, silver, gold, hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen and oxygen.
    A molecule is defined as a group of at least two atoms in a definite arrangement held together by covalent chemical bonds. In the narrow use of the word, molecules are electrically neutral. Molecules are distinguished from polyatomic ions in this strict sense. However, in quantum physics, organic chemistry, and biochemistry, the term molecule is used less strictly and also is applied to molecular ions, charged organic molecules, and biomolecules.

Fluffybums wrote: »
    On a slightly different note, how old do you think the universe is?
    It is very old, relatively speaking.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

JC. you've prooved the impossibility of the uninterfered with beginnings of life? but you have also disproved the possibility of your god spontaneously happening.... or have you made an assumption there and making the above qoute one of the most ironic i've seen in a while.

... you continuously (and deliberately) confuse a difference of opinion with lying.
    this is hilarious!

OK
    1. Am I correct that the number of possible permutations in a 100 chain protein is 10^130?
    don't know.. you haven't comprehensively shown where this number that your theory relies on so heavily has come from
    2. Am I correct that a 100 chain protein is quite a small protein ... and there are many functional proteins with chain lengths of hundreds of amino acids in their chains?
    don't know.. you haven't comprehensively shown where this number that your theory relies on so heavily has come from
    3. Am I correct that there are only about 10^82 electrons in the Big Bang Universe?
    4. Am I correct that If every cubic millimetre of the supposed 93 billion light year diameter Universe volume had a 'machine' running the permutations for a 100 chain protein once every second, they collectively would only produce 1.56E+107 permutations in the 13.9 billion years supposedly since the Big Bang ... which is an infinitesimal fraction of the 1.27E+130 permutations of amino acids in a 100 chain protein?
    this is where i have a big problem with your theory. things don't happen at the frequency of 1 per second... they happen far more frequently!

We cannot draw any scientifically valid conclusion from the vain imaginings of Men ...

this is also really funny!

JC do me this. according to your theory how many electrons would have to be in existence in the big bang universe for your theory to fail.
    and also how frequently would the "machines" have to do their permutations in order for your theory to fail.

this is testing for your theory and you should be more than willing to respond.

Improbable wrote: »
    I'll add another to the list of unanswered questions. J C, could you please explain to me why the mechanism of condensation nucleation for the formation of fully functional proteins is not valid?

The answer is: It is valid. But let's see what he comes up with.
    Protein chains are formed under the instructions of DNA ... and they are not formed by condensation nucleation. Some folding of protein chains occurs via condensation nucleation ... but this is just the dependent chemical outworking of the original independent genetic information in the DNA that specified the amino acid sequence in the protein, in the first place.

• Advertisement

Doc_Savage wrote: »
    JC. you've prooved the impossibility of the uninterfered with beginnings of life? but you have also disproved the possibility of your god spontaneously happening.... or have you made an assumption there and making the above qoute one of the most ironic i've seen in a while.
    ... the 'muck and magic' refers to the Evolutionist idea that unicellular pond 'muck' spontaneously evolved into Man without any intelligent input.

this is hilarious!
    ... it may be ... but I'm not laughing!!
    don't know.. you haven't comprehensively shown where this number that your theory relies on so heavily has come from don't know.. you haven't comprehensively shown where this number that your theory relies on so heavily has come from
    It is the number of possible permutations in a 100 chain protein choosing from the 20 common Amino Acids at each point on the chain.
    don't know.. you haven't comprehensively shown where this number that your theory relies on so heavily has come from.
    The following quote from Wikibooks shows that a 100 chain protein is a relatively small protein ... and the protein folding is also now known to be tightly specified
    "The protein folding problem relates to what is known as the Levinthal paradox. Levinthal calculated that if a fairly small protein is composed of 100 amino acids and each amino acid residue has only 3 possible conformations (an underestimate) then the entire protein can fold into 3^100 or 5x10^47 possible conformations. Even if it takes only 10^-13 of a second to try each conformation it would take 10^27 years to try them all. Obviously a protein doesn't take that long to fold, so randomly trying out all possible conformations is not the way proteins fold. Since most proteins fold on a timescale of the order of milliseconds it is clear that the process is directed in some manner dependent on the constituents of the chain. The protein folding problem which has perplexed scientists for over thirty years is that of understanding how the tertiary structure of a protein is related to its primary structure, because it has been proven that the primary structure of a protein holds the only information necessary for the protein to fold. Ultimately the aim is also to be able to predict what pathway the protein will take."

this is where i have a big problem with your theory. things don't happen at the frequency of 1 per second... they happen far more frequently!... even if they happened a million times per second the permution limit only moves to 10^113 ... which is still not near 10^130 ... and this is the permutations for just one protein ... would need to be repeated thousands of times to produce one 'simple cell'!!

this is also really funny!!
    ... it may be ... but I'm not laughing!!

JC do me this. according to your theory how many electrons would have to be in existence in the big bang universe for your theory to fail.
    and also how frequently would the "machines" have to do their permutations in order for your theory to fail.

this is testing for your theory and you should be more than willing to respond.
    Prof Sir Fred Hoyle calculated the number for the simplest single cell organism to be 10^40,000.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Hoyle

Except that's what your book says happened.

No scientific theory invokes a supernatural force.
    ... and Creation Scientists are conventionally qualified scientists ... who have set up their own peer-review system for their scientific papers.
    Because they are incapable of writing passable scientific papers so they have to pretend to fool people like yourself.
    ... so you are therefore lying about me.
    No, we've shown you many examples of lies you told and questions you've ignored. You apparently don't want to address this list, thus adding it to the list of things you've ignored.
    So how can I be lying when I can back it up?
    OK
    Well I've been constantly asking you to back this up. You've ignored the question.
    Again this is an arbitrary number you've picked out of your arse.
    And again how is this a proof?
    The exact flaw in your argument is that you are talking about the number of Gods that Humans can imagine ... while I am talking about the number of permutations of amino acids in a 100 chain protein that are physically possible.
    We cannot draw any scientifically valid conclusion from the vain imaginings of Men ... but we can draw scientifically valid conclusions from observing the physical properties of living organisms.
    We therefore can (and we have) mathematically proven that living organisms were Intelligently Designed ... but we cannot scientifically prove who the Intelligent Designer(s) was/were.

The flaw applies to the vain imaginings of Men in relation to God ... but it doesn't apply to the physical reality of living organisms.
    But I did refer to the number of possible gods that can be physically imagined.
    And that number is greater than the number you say is impossible.

You've both failed to explain the flaw or explain how your proof doesn't likewise disprove god.
    The answer is very simple JC and I can tell you if you'd like.
    ... and isn't it amazing that it is the Materialists who are citing their imaginings in relation to possible Gods as scientifically valid ... while I am citing the physical reality of physically observable biomolecules in my proof.
    I was trying to force you to examine your own proof with a shred of criticial thought.
    Apparently you aren't capable of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Prof Sir Fred Hoyle calculated the number for the simplest single cell organism to be 10^40,000.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Hoyle

you're citing the man that coined the phrase "a tornado sweeping through a junk-yard might assemble a Boeing 747 from the materials therein." as an analogy to the origins of life?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BMF Plint

all this creationism stuff makes me sick how can someone believe that an omnipotent force created the universe.. All there scientific study is based on a book that was written about 1600 years ago when people thought the earth was flat. I think if anything the theory of Evolution is is evident when you have forward thinking people talking about the scientific points of things and solving problems; and the you have the backward people who believe in a mystical sky fairy who can send his only son down here and then murder him to prove a point... Retarded if you ask me:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

there are thousands of peer-reviewed papers published by Creation Scientists
    And not so much as a single paper in a single scientific journal.

JC is, of course, referring to rat-assed propaganda rags like AIG's TJ which explicitly require authors to support "a young-earth and young-universe perspective", as its summary instructions for authors requires. In the detailed instructions and referring to the full list of religious requirements, the 'editor-in-chief', surely the great (life-time-achievement award) Doctor Ham himself, further more states that:
    Hamfisted wrote:
    The editor-in-chief will not be afraid to reject a paper if it does not properly satisfy the above criteria or it conflicts with the best interests of AiG as judged by its biblical stand and goals outlined in its statement of faith.
    "The editor-in-chief will not be afraid"? Ham must think himself "brave" to refuse to publish religious propaganda that he does not care for.

What complete bollocks.

... when you are, in fact, a Specially Created Son of God ... with an eternal destiny of your own choosing ahead of you!!!

I know that I alone choose my destiny thanks & I don't need a book
    that preaches genocide as a just response to tell me that cool.gif
    NS is a fact ... and it acts on the pre-existing CFSI genetic diversity infused into the various genomes at Creation. It's existence therefore doesn't have any bearing on my proof that CFSI doesn't generate itself ... and that CFSI requires an input of intelligent design to produce it.

Okay, so natural selection exists & it is a key component of the theory
    of evolution. So the very fact you accept this means the evolution
    "fairytale" is not a fairytale because there is some truth there already,
    so I think you'd agree that you cannot continue calling evolution a fairytale
    you'll have to concede that there is some truth to the theory, whatever
    that truth is.

SS is a fact ... and it acts on the pre-existing CFSI genetic diversity infused into the various genomes at Creation. It's existence therefore doesn't have any bearing on my proof that CFSI doesn't generate itself ... and that CFSI requires an input of intelligent design to produce it.

Now we have two components of the theory you were calling a fairytale
    to actually be true. Notice that you are talking about the "origin" of
    CFSI again. and the theory of evolution, that fairytale, says absolutely
    nothing about the origin of CFSI rather it just discusses how this CFSI
    can become less or more complex due to environmental pressures,
    breeding pressures etc... About the origin of CFSI, I mean it's such a
    stupid idea, CFSI is just FI (functional information) that is Complex
    due to an originally simple bit of Functional information Complexifying due to
    beneficial genetic mutation that is Specified to do a certain task. It's
    Specified by the beneficial Function it undertakes. I guess I don't mean
    tha evolution says nothing about the origin of CFSI, I mean that evolution
    simply selects FI in the first place & by evolutionary processes this
    information gradually Complexifies & assumes new Specified Functions,
    but the idea that originally this CFSI is selected is a joke, a red herring
    argument by ID'ers to say - how could something so complex come from
    mud in the way it is???? The answer is time & accumulation, & you consistently
    ignore the importance of time, as your denial of macroevolution explicitly
    illustrates as proof of this.
    The laws thermodynamics indicate that everything in the universe is moving from a state of order to disorder ... and this can only be locally reversed by the input of intelligently harnessed energy. They are therefore a major supporting proof for the Intelligent Design of life.

I'm really happy you made this statement, by this logic the sun is
    intelligent. The sun offers up this "intelligent" energy in the form of
    heat & allows for plants to convert this energy into other forms.
    This is the logic of a sun-god advocate :D But I think you know that
    I was talking about thermodynamics as espoused in the abiogenesis
    video. Do you remember that? Do you remember what fuelled the
    cells to eat other cells & grow bigger thereby having an advantage over
    other cells? Thermodynamic disparities. Your proof said nothing about
    this, it simply talks about a 100 chain protein that is sitting inside a
    cell that is stuck in the struggle for survival because of uncontrollable
    thermodynamic & environmental pressures to survive competitively.
    Environmental pressures are a fact ... and they act on the pre-existing CFSI genetic diversity infused into the various genomes at Creation. It's existence therefore doesn't have any bearing on my proof that CFSI doesn't generate itself ... and that CFSI requires an input of intelligent design to produce it.

This is an outright lie, unintentional I'm sure, but a lie nonetheless.
    Environmental pressures do not act on "pre-existing CFSI genetic
    diversity infused into the various genomes at Creation" they act on
    "pre-existing CFSI genetic diversity infused into the various
    genomes at Creation". There is a hell of a lot of importance to that fact,
    that CFSI is excluded from that sentence.

So lets get this straight, you accept that every component of the fairytale
    evolutionary theory is a fact, you accept microevolution is a fact but do
    not accept macroevolution even though macroevolution is defined as
    microevolution over time, in math terms [latex] macroevolution \ = \ \frac{ \Delta \ (microevolution)}{ \Delta \ t}[/latex],
    or possibly more accurately,
    [latex] macroevolution \ = \ \sum_{i=1}^{n} \ ( microevolutionary \ change)_i \ = \ \sum_{i=1}^{n} \
    (beneficial \ genetic \ change)_i[/latex]
    so accepting microevolution instantly forces you to accept macroevolution
    by definition. You also accept NS acts on existing CFSI, you accept
    sexual selection acts on existing organisms & you accept thermodynamics
    acts locally on a system to lower entropy (i.e. reduce disorder), I mean
    you accept all components of the fairytale theory you despise. Now, the
    important thing that you have a problem with is abiogenesis, i.e. the
    origin of CFSI. You constantly talk about issues pertaining to abiogenesis,
    the orign of CFSI & the fact that the high probability simply does not
    allow for it therefore it must of been created by an intelligence. This is
    not the theory of evolution though, this is abiogenesis. Once that
    CFSI is produced & is made to replicate & survive in it's environment it
    becomes the theory of evolution. So once again this is all abiogenesis,
    you literally accept evolution but just don't agree that evolution can
    cause new organisms, or new species result from evolution.

I want to talk about your proof now, the fact that your proof discusses
    a protein chain sitting inside an already self-replicating & environmentally
    dependent & competetive cell (NS, Therrmodynamics) is a discussion of
    the origin of "intelligent" chains of code, but that is not a disproof of
    evolution. Your proof simply cannot disprove a theory that focuses on the
    survivaly & replication of organisms that do not even depend on the
    genetic content of their cells. Does that make sense? The cells are
    splitting & eating one another irrespective of the 100 chain "protein"
    sitting inside them :eek: How does your theory disprove that? Explain it?
    It doesn't, your proof is simply a discussion of the origin of "intelligence",
    i.e. what you think is intelligent. The point of NS is that whatever survives
    is intelligent because, shocker, it's surviving.
    you haven't succeeded in providing any substantive evidence for the non-intelligently directed production of the CFSI found in living organisms ... nor have you provided any substantive invalidating evidence for my mathematical proof of ID.

Do you know what an enzyme is? It speeds up reactions in cells & is
    extremely specific to certain molecules. The existence of enzymes is
    proof of the non-intelligently direction production of CFSI in cells
    because if enzymes did not exist it would take 78 million years to
    create the building blocks of DNA and RNA
    One scientist who studies these issues is Dr. Richard Wolfenden, Alumni
    distinguished professor of biochemistry and biophysics and chemistry at
    the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a member of the National
    Academy of Sciences. In 1998, he reported a biological transformation
    deemed "absolutely essential" in creating the building blocks of DNA and
    RNA would take 78 million years in water.
    "Now we've found one that's 10,000 times slower than that," Wolfenden
    said. "Its half-time - the time it takes for half the substance to be
    consumed - is 1 trillion years, 100 times longer than the lifetime of the
    universe. Enzymes can make this reaction happen in 10 milliseconds."
    link
    What is the point of mentioning this? It is that even without enzymes
    biologically necessary molecules could still be produced without a magic
    finger descending from the heavens. So I guess enzymes and the sun are
    this "intelligence" ID'ers have long been searching for all this time.
    OK

I haven't studied cobinatorics yet but the point is not that you've got
    the right figure in your maths its the fact you'd even do this calculation
    in the first place that concerns us. In a 100 chain protein completely
    disorganized & constantly permutating, if just 1 protein change in the
    collection of permutations was beneficial to the cell in any way the
    replicating cell would keep that permutation intact, it would not change
    anymore. Why? Because that is NS, the good permutations are kept &
    the bad ones are discarded. Imagine the cell with a completely random
    genome has 1 permutation that works, some of it's daughter cells would
    also have random genetic changes. There are 100+ descendants of that
    original cell with the beneficial mutation & say 5% have random genetic
    permutations, say 1% have beneficial changes, well there's even more
    genetic change! 99% of the 5% had bad genetic changes & died out
    but just 1% lived on! That is natural selection, the thing you accept.
    Now, crack out the math: [latex] \sum_{i=1}^{n} \ (beneficial \ genetic \ change)_i[/latex]
    :eek:

Yes, the hilarious thing though is that when your "proof" talks about
    proteins it already concedes defeat biggrin.gif How did the proteins originate?
    Proteins are composed of what exactly? They are composed of specific
    combinations of amino acids which, in turn, are composed mainly of
    C O H & N atoms but in specific side groups which only admit specific
    bonds. When your "proof" talks about proteins it already conceded that
    a hell of a lot of "intelligence" already exists to work on biggrin.gif This intelligence
    has a certain range of possibilities.

As I said I haven't done combinatorics yet so I can't say how you
    arrived at that figure & honestly in a proof it's poor taste to leave out the
    explicit calculational techniques involved in arriving at such a figure but
    the thought process behind this is most definitely wrong. It doesn't
    mention natural selection. Why does that disprove your "proof"? Because
    NS would instantly select any beneficial permutation and allow it to
    survive & reproduce into the next & future generations thereby allowing
    for more beneficial genetic permutations in it's sequence thereby
    complexifying the information in the genome. I alread told you about
    this, remember? I went on a rant about each generation acquiring a
    beneficial genetic mutation. Your "proof" does not explain what actually
    happens in nature, that a beneficial genetic permutation will be selected
    to survive into future generations & the permutations that do nothing for
    an organism will linger on until the organism is wiped out by the more
    successful predators.

Your "proof" doesn't mention this at all so it doesn't say a thing about
    reality, it is talking about a 100-protein chain existing in empty space
    constantly permutating into your 'ideal' sequence, that is not the real
    world in which cells have ever existed so it's a phantom proof about
    combinatorics. It doesn't mention the environment, it mentions a snail
    pushing an electron through the universe ffs!

So you accept evolution because you accept all of the components that
    make up the theory of evolution, your proof already admits that proteins
    exist when proteins themselves are already made up of complex
    combinations of atoms that only allow specific bonds to form between
    neighbouring proteins in the chain, your proof does not mention that
    the permutations in the protein chain are acted upon by natural selection
    so as to select the beneficial ones that can then further complexify &
    increase information content & despite being told about all these problems
    more than once in this thread you repeat the claim that this "proof"
    actually matters while insulting the theory of evolution even though
    your proof says absolutely nothing about any component of the theory
    but instead discusses the origin of what you perceive as intelligence.
    For 'some' reason it doesn't matter to you that through the indirect process of
    evolution this CFSI is gradually & cumulatively selected from FI over
    extended periods of time by NS, SS i.e. all the components of evolution that
    you have told us are a fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

and Creation Scientists are conventionally qualified scientists ... who have set up their own peer-review system for their scientific papers.

1. Ensure the paper does not contradict the Bible in any way.
    -> PASSED

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

J C - I understand that you're concentrating on your mathematical skills rather than taxonomy, however I'd still like to know what features of warm blooded dinosaurs lead you (and other creation scientists? or is this a personal breakthrough?) to conclude they were mammals?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

To be fair on the other 'creation scientists', I don't recall anyone else ever proposing that dinosaurs were mammals. That lunacy appears to belong to J C alone.
    J C wrote:

Does that not strike you as being just a tad bit suspicious? Their research was not deemed good enough for publication so they had to go about publishing it themselves. Reminds me of the literary masterwork that is Moon People - a book so awesome that 'THE MAN' had to supress it.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Does that not strike you as being just a tad bit suspicious? Their research was not deemed good enough for publication so they had to go about publishing it themselves. Reminds me of the literary masterwork that is Moon People - a book so awesome that 'THE MAN' had to supress it.

From the amazon reviews:
    Moon People has reshaped my literary perceptions. After reading the heroic
    story of Captain David Braymer, 1st Science Officer of the space ship USS
    Lunar Base One, I feel as if I have been unbound from the restraints put in
    place by a dozen English teachers. "Amazing", I said to myself, when I
    realized the linguistic flexibility that comes from releasing character speech
    from its quotation marks. There is a certain joy that comes with exercising
    the freedom to end a sentence on any punctuation, even a comma.
    Question marks needn't be for interrogative statements! Must we bind
    every interjection to an exclamation point? Henceforth we shall be free to
    transpose homophones with the confidence that the reader will still get
    the point. Even chapters needn't be logical containers for portions of the
    story; why can't we start a new chapter in the middle of a conversation
    with two characters? Even the rules of spelling and capitalization serve
    only to bestow an unnecessary magniloquence when plain conversational
    writing will do. After reading this book, I scoff even at the concept of
    'correct' word order.
    http://www.amazon.com/Moon-People-Dale-M-Courtney/product-reviews/1436372135/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
    Here is the book describing the wonderful Powleen people on Mars with
    all there trees and plants & a discussion. On the plan to getVenus the same :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement