Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

J C wrote: »
    The number one item on a Christians agenda should be to proclaim Salvation to the un-Saved ... the fact that only a handful of Chrisitians do it anymore is indicative that the Great Apostacy may well be upon us!!!!

Again no genuine Christian on the Christianity forum would speak like that. They talk about relationship with God, they talk about loving your neighbor.

You on the other hand talk about your role as a Christian solely in the context of arguing with atheists about Creationism. Sorry, but a Christian wouldn't do that.

It is what someone who doesn't really understand Christianity but how is interested in trolling as a "Christian" would think Christianity is all about.

None of the other regular Christian posters post like you, none of them are interested in the style of posting you make. Your excuse that sadly they should be again rings hollow.

You are not a Christian. I appreciate you won't admit that as you seem to be having too much fun (perhaps not until like the poster liamw described, you decide time for the big reveal), but I for one ain't playing along any more.
    ... so what do you think that True Christians collectively call themselves?
    Christians. But then anyone can call themselves a Christian, doesn't mean they are. The proof is in the pudding as it where, you have posted long enough on this website for someone who like me unfortunately has spent a lot of time reading your posts.

The difference in content and posting style between you and the Christian posters on the Christianity forum is glaring if you simply spend enough time reading the forums.
    I have found that True Christians are very rare indeed.

Again a good example of how you post compared to what the other Christians would do. Instead of acting as they would with the charge you are not a real Christian by claiming you have a relationship with Jesus and that is good enough for you you instantly try and attack them rather than me and my charge against you. They are not true Christians because they don't preach against Creationism like you do, you proclaim yourself a true Christian because of this.

No Christian would make such a charge, it is against the ethos of viewing other Christians as Christians if they have a relationship with God, not if they carry out certain actions that you also carry out.

It is what someone who doesn't know very much about Christians (not Christianity but actual living breathing Christians) would possibly think if they just based their notions of Christians on charactures

I've spend enough time on this forum to know what Christians think and how they view themselves and others to know you ain't a Christian.

So we come back to question of well what are you? Are you a troll in it for the long haul, like the poster liamw mentioned? Or what?

When is the big reveal?

But hasn't he been on this site for like 5 years spreading this fluff? There
    is no way any human being would spend 5 years trolling, I mean 5 years is
    just too much, over 5000 posts too. If it wasn't for these two factors I
    never would have stayed here for so long, I remember thinking that when
    someone first mentioned it, it just has to be totally serious :o

There is no way a Christian, an actual believer, would post like JC.

I think he has got away with it for so long because he plays off the characture that we as atheists have of the nut case Christian.

But you can see the subtle differences in the way other Christians, particularly other Christians such as Wolfsbane and Soul Winner who embrace Creationism, behave in relation to this discussion.

JC is utterly uninterested in whether he is right or not, most likely because he actually doesn't believe a word he is saying. He is not interested in his relationship with God, let alone our relationship with God despite his claims.

The regular Christian posters will retreat back from areas that may lead to contradiction or complication for their beliefs because they cannot put forward positions that they know are blatantly nonsense because this causes too much cognitive dissonance.

JC has no such issue. He will blatantly post a position knowing that it is false. A believer wouldn't do that, that is the action of a troll attempting to win an argument irrespective of whether they believe the argument is true or not.

I think we're just undoing over 5 years of "high-wire" mental gymnastics in
    this thread & it's tough on him, I mean he's beaten into such a corner
    now that he has no frankenproof to rely on

And yet he is still hear and he apparently doesn't care. Christian posters who reach real conflict with us on topics where we really get the better of them and cause major issues for belief leave. They get annoyed and leave, because they don't like having the curtain pulled back. JC doesn't care. He only cares when he is embarrassed, but he will happily come back a few days later and post the same falsehood or misrepresentation.

This is the key, the lack of actually caring if he is right or wrong. That is very a-typical behavior for an actual believer. They really really care if they are right or wrong, because these argument form the basis of their faith.

JC has no faith, at least none to do with Christianity, and as such has no care about any of this, it doesn't trouble him in the slightest. It is easy to argue any way you like about a position you care nothing about. I could do it easily and my posts would end up being very similar to the style JC posts as. Even "JC", I mean come on he was hinting at it from the very start.

I'm really really hoping I'm around to see the big reveal, but perhaps I've ruined it some what by calling it too early. It is something I've been thinking about for a while and going back over his posts compared with the other Christian posters it actually becomes crystal clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Wicknight wrote: »
    There is no way a Christian, an actual believer, would post like JC.

I think he has got away with it for so long because he plays off the characture that we as atheists have of the nut case Christian.

But you can see the subtle differences in the way other Christians, particularly other Christians such as Wolfsbane and Soul Winner who embrace Creationism, behave in relation to this discussion.

JC is utterly uninterested in whether he is right or not, most likely because he actually doesn't believe a word he is saying. He is not interested in his relationship with God, let alone our relationship with God despite his claims.

The regular Christian posters will retreat back from areas that may lead to contradiction or complication for their beliefs because they cannot put forward positions that they know are blatantly nonsense because this causes too much cognitive dissonance.

JC has no such issue. He will blatantly post a position knowing that it is false. A believer wouldn't do that, that is the action of a troll attempting to win an argument irrespective of whether they believe the argument is true or not.

And yet he is still hear and he apparently doesn't care. Christian posters who reach real conflict with us on topics where we really get the better of them and cause major issues for belief leave. They get annoyed and leave, because they don't like having the curtain pulled back. JC doesn't care. He only cares when he is embarrassed, but he will happily come back a few days later and post the same falsehood or misrepresentation.

This is the key, the lack of actually caring if he is right or wrong. That is very a-typical behavior for an actual believer. They really really care if they are right or wrong, because these argument form the basis of their faith.

JC has no faith, at least none to do with Christianity, and as such has no care about any of this, it doesn't trouble him in the slightest. It is easy to argue any way you like about a position you care nothing about. I could do it easily and my posts would end up being very similar to the style JC posts as. Even "JC", I mean come on he was hinting at it from the very start.

I'm really really hoping I'm around to see the big reveal, but perhaps I've ruined it some what by calling it too early. It is something I've been thinking about for a while and going back over his posts compared with the other Christian posters it actually becomes crystal clear.

You have completely 'lost the plot'!!!

robindch wrote: »
    I've been reading your posts since around the time you started on boards and I beg to disagree.
    Yes Robin I am a 'skeptic' ... but I am also skeptical of what the guys calling themselves 'Skeptics' unquestioningly believe about Evolution!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Come off it JC, it's pretty obvious to even the most casual observer that you are a troll at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

JC isn't a christian though, he's an ID creationist. Also, he's a lousy one
    because he accepts every mechanism of evolution but just can't accept
    what they are actually saying, that's why I take him seriously. Creationists
    are trolling science, even if JC is trolling here he's getting nowhere because
    every single argument has been beaten back & he's acknowledged that
    fact because:

Step 1: Scour creationist literature for arguments,
    Step 2: Pick an argument,
    Step 3: Mention it here once,
    Step 4: Gauge reaction & repeat argument accordingly,
    Step 5: Midstream bring in more arguments while gloating about victory,
    Step 6: Completely stop mentioning first argument when it is pulled apart,
    Step 7: Beat to death current 2 arguments while inventing a newer one,
    Step 8: Repeat ad nauseum,
    Step X: Return to Step 2

When he gets to step 6 in the cycle he willingly accepts his argument has
    been beaten. How many times has he gone from sporadic posting to
    extended periods of time of no activity (coincidentally when one of his own
    arguments was put in his face)? He just doesn't know his facts because
    he learns them from creationist sources, the funniest is him arguing that
    the laws of thermodynamics are a major proof of ID, I mean he musn't
    know the first thing about them when he claims that & must of read some
    darwinwaswrong.com site or something to be fed that misinformation.
    Personally I'm intruiged to see how someone can ignore the fact that they
    follow the algorithm of Step X:... above so obviously & not feel that they
    are lying to themselves, deceiving themselves or tricking themselves.
    While it would make sense to say they are obviously trolling I ask you
    why Dembski, Behe, Wells et al. do this with their professional lives &
    have unequivocally been shown or forced to admit (Behe in court!) that
    they are spouting unscientific nonsense that is inherently religiously
    motivated yet continue? JC just can't argue the points, it's too easy to get
    him to admit that he believes the opposite of what he's saying with a bit of
    Socratic dialogue :D Still, I'm extremely curious to see how many
    other arguments he can dredge up to fight his case, every other
    argument has been nullified & he can't revert to them anymore, I think
    there is a point when he'll realise how he's deceiving himself, & if it is
    simply a big troll at least he's sharpening argumentation skills :cool:
    (Personally I think that if it was a troll it could have been done a lot better).

What I like about JC is that he never actually uses a religious argument,
    he hides it in scientific mumbo jumbo & mainly attempts to discuss
    science but try to show how science is evidence of his nonsense. He's
    been very careful about his discussions of Noah's Ark & has yet to tell
    us how the god of the bible "fits the bill" that his invalidated proof has
    totted up. Seeing as his proof is now invalidated what bill is this genocidal
    & jealous god paying for? If he wants to be religious I'm not arguing that,
    I don't care if he wants to take that leap of faith I'm just going to make
    sure he can't bastardize scientific arguments in a manner as to
    hucksterishly appear as if they give him any credence. Maybe all of
    you have been through this for years, before JC I was a creationist
    virgin though :o

You have completely 'lost the plot'!!!

No, I don't think so. In fact the more you half heartedly protest how genuine a Christian you are, and the manner you do this in, the more certain I am.

So can you let us into why you have spent the last 5 years trolling this website pretending to be something you aren't?

Again no genuine Christian on the Christianity forum would speak like that. They talk about relationship with God, they talk about loving your neighbor.
    ... but neither of these characteristics are unique to Christianity ... most people love their neighbour ... and all religions claim some kind of relationship with their God(s).
    Christianity is unique in that it can Save people from eternal perdition!!!
    You on the other hand talk about your role as a Christian solely in the context of arguing with atheists about Creationism. Sorry, but a Christian wouldn't do that.
    I will point out error wherever I find it ... whether in other Christians or Atheists.
    It is what someone who doesn't really understand Christianity but how is interested in trolling as a "Christian" would think Christianity is all about.

None of the other regular Christian posters post like you, none of them are interested in the style of posting you make. Your excuse that sadly they should be again rings hollow.

You are not a Christian. I appreciate you won't admit that as you seem to be having too much fun (perhaps not until like the poster liamw described, you decide time for the big reveal), but I for one ain't playing along any more.

Christians. But then anyone can call themselves a Christian, doesn't mean they are. The proof is in the pudding as it where, you have posted long enough on this website for someone who like me unfortunately has spent a lot of time reading your posts.

The difference in content and posting style between you and the Christian posters on the Christianity forum is glaring if you simply spend enough time reading the forums.
    Christians are not all clones of each other and each has different gifts ... I am particularly good at Christian Aplogetics ... and defeating Materialists at their own game!!!:)

Again a good example of how you post compared to what the other Christians would do. Instead of acting as they would with the charge you are not a real Christian by claiming you have a relationship with Jesus and that is good enough for you you instantly try and attack them rather than me and my charge against you. They are not true Christians because they don't preach against Creationism like you do, you proclaim yourself a true Christian because of this.

No Christian would make such a charge, it is against the ethos of viewing other Christians as Christians if they have a relationship with God, not if they carry out certain actions that you also carry out.

It is what someone who doesn't know very much about Christians (not Christianity but actual living breathing Christians) would possibly think if they just based their notions of Christians on charactures

I've spend enough time on this forum to know what Christians think and how they view themselves and others to know you ain't a Christian.
    I don't judge the eternal destiny of anybody ... I leave that between themselves and Jesus Christ.
    However, if they are not on fire for the Lord, don't call error when they come up against it ... and they 'fall on their faces' and 'fizzle out' every time they argue with an Atheist ... they need to take a long hard look at whether they are Saved or not!!!
    Christians are the salt of the Earth ... and that means that they sometimes irritate ... and if they never irritate then they need to take a long hard look at their Salvation!!!

Matthew 5:11-13 (New International Version, ©2010)

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Wow. This is just sad, even for you JC.

Come off it JC, it's pretty obvious to even the most casual observer that you are a troll at this stage.
    Miaow ... purr ... purr !!!:)

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    Wow. This is just sad, even for you JC.
    One would need to be a Saint to put up with the hassle I receive when I proclaim the truth!!!

... all I want to do is to Save ye ... and all I receive in return are the worst words you can think of to describe me.

For once I agree with you ... it is all very sad ... but not in the least unexpected.

One would need to be a Saint to put up with the hassle I receive when I proclaim the truth!!!

... all I want to do is to Save ye ... and all I receive are the worst words you can think of to describe me, in return.

So really JC, 5 years on the same exact trolling?
    Why?

So really JC, 5 years on the same exact trolling?
    Why?
    Can you not recognise somebody who genuinely loves you and wants to Save you?

Well Wicknight made a fairly convincing case that you are a troll.
    And these latest batches of incredibly silly responses confirms that.

So really how can you troll something exactly the same way for five years?
    It's a feat really.

Galvasean wrote: »
    If you're fond of travel you should check out the Galapagos/ 'Twas a favoured destination of a well known naturalist whose ideas you disagree with.
    I just might go there next time I am in South America.
    ... and I have said before that I find myself in agreement with most of what Darwin wrote in his 'Origins of Species' book (which were quite tentative and indeed valid observations) ... its the subsequent revisions of what he stood for that I mostly disagree with.

Well Wicknight made a fairly convincing case that you are a troll.
    And these latest batches of incredibly silly responses confirms that.

So really how can you troll something exactly the same way for five years?
    It's a feat really.
    Why do you call me a Troll?

Why do you call me a Troll?

well seems you're stuck in a loop now.

Come on JC, give it up. No one buys the act anymore.

well seems you're stuck in a loop now.

Come on JC, give it up. No one buys the act anymore.
    Ah ... I see what you have done ... I had you 'on the canvas in a half-nelson' ... and Evolution roundly defeated on all fronts ... and you deftly switched the debate as to whether I was a Christian ... as if that actually mattered in relation to the invalidity of Evolution ...
    ... for example, Prof Sir Fred Holyle never was a Christian ... but that didn't stop him 'calling it like it is' on Materialistic Evolution!!!
    Similarly, Prof Anthony Flew - England's most well known philosophical atheist, recently rejected evolution because of the evidence against it.

... but neither of these characteristics are unique to Christianity ... most people love their neighbour ... and all religions claim some kind of relationship with their God(s).
    Christianity is unique in that it can Save people from eternal perdition!!!

That has nothing to do with what I just said.

You are not interested in the things a Christian would be interested in. You do not represent Christianity the way a Christian would present Christianity.

You therefore are not, it is safe to assume, a Christian.
    Christians are not all clones of each other and each has different gifts ... I am particularly good at Christian Aplogetics ... and defeating Materialists at their own game!!!:)

Spoken like a true non-Christian. If you were actually a Christian "defeating Materialists" wouldn't be your goal.

A troll on the other hand cares about nothing but arguing. Which is consistent with how you behave on this forum

You therefore are not, it is safe to assume, a Christian.

Give it up, you ain't a Christian. I doubt you are a Creationist. Why keep up the pretending?

Ah ... I see what you have done ... I had you 'on the canvas in a half-nelson' ... and Evolution roundly defeated on all fronts ... and you deftly switched the debate as to whether I was a Christian ... as if that actually mattered in relation to the invalidity of Evolution ...
    ... for example, Prof Sir Fred Holyle never was a Christian ... but that didn't stop him 'calling it like it is' on Materialistic Evolution!!!
    Similarly, Prof Anthony Flew - England's most well known philosophical atheist, recently rejected evolution because of the evidence against it.

If you were actually a Christian winning an argument about evolution wouldn't be your motivation. The Christians on the Christianity forum don't debate with themselves or with us simply for the petty joy of winning an argument. What ever we think about them their motivations are more related to their faith and their idea of their relationship with God and their religion.

A troll like yourself on the other hand shows no interest in any of that. As you say yourself all you care about is beating materialists. How unChristian of you.

• Advertisement

If you were actually a Christian winning an argument about evolution wouldn't be your motivation. The Christians on the Christianity forum don't debate with themselves or with us simply for the petty joy of winning an argument. What ever we think about them their motivations are more related to their faith and their idea of their relationship with God and their religion.

A troll like yourself on the other hand shows no interest in any of that. As you say yourself all you care about is beating materialists. How unChristian of you.
    OK ... I admit that I take pleasure in defeating Materialists in debate at their own game ... and under their own groundrules ... so I am a Sinner ... but luckily ... I am also Saved through no merit on my part by the ever-loving God, Jesus Christ.

No JC, wicknight made a convincing argument. You are a troll.

I'm just trying to figure out how you've been doing it for so long.

Give it up dude.

I will point out error wherever I find it ... whether in other Christians or Atheists.

But never yourself...
    Like I have already said, I don't lie ... and I try to answer all questions put to me ... if you don't like the answers ... that isn't my fault ... and the truth will set you free!!!

4. I don't lie ... and I try to answer all questions put to me ... if you don't like the answers ... that isn't my fault ... and the truth will set you free!!!

• Dinosaurs are mammals
    • Mammals once ate dinosaurs somehow proves anything or is even relevant to our conversation,
    • "macroevolution is indeed a load of unsubstantiated baloney without a shred of evidence or logic supporting it" but you accept microevolution
    • (and, to reiterate, macroevolution is defined as microevolution over time (lol:pac:))
    • How your invalidated "proof" that all of a sudden you don't mention in every single response (for some reason) had any relevance to the theory of evolution whatsoever
    • Evolution is a fairytale even though you accept every component that forms the foundation of this "fairytale" & a recent post of yours indicates that you accept evolution so much you think a creation scientist wrote the definition biggrin.gif
    • Genetic changes are always detrimental or barely noticeable even though you've been given studies of drosophilia explicitly refuting that nonsense.
    • The laws of thermodynamics are a major supporting evidence of intelligent design not because they predict the heat death of the universe & the demise of the sun ending all life on earth but because life on earth harnesses this energy for it's own survival. Put another way, because the laws that predict the heat death of the universe can be temporarily reversed locally by materialistic atheistic chemical processes it's proof of ID somehow... Nevermind that every action always increases the total entropy no... This is the most myopic & self-serving argument I've read out of you - it's just so obvious how biased you are Mr. "scientist"
    • Ignore all the questions in this list for quite some time & ignore the actual list I keep re-posting because you continually ignore all it for some unspecified, but I'm sure free & truthful, reason.

Do you not think the very fact you continually ignore these arguments
    put against you (which by the way, are just your own words put back in your face) is
    evidence that
    4. I don't lie ... and I try to answer all questions put to me

is another lie? I predict the response:
    I don't lie

but nearly every point on that list highlights a lie you've told & never
    acknowledged after months, also because you continue to ignore these
    facts you are not trying to answer all questions put to you ergo you've
    lied in
    4. I don't lie ... and I try to answer all questions put to me

Good point, you trolling or being a christian is irrelevant to the topic of
    evolution, it just so happens I'm still waiting for you to actually talk
    about evolution
    instead of repeating nonsense like this half-nelson
    argument, I've been trying to get you to defend all the trash comments
    for ages but you ignore it because we both know you know they are
    trash comments you can't defend & haven't been able to for some time :pac:
    I find myself in agreement with most of what Darwin wrote in his 'Origins of Species' book (which were quite tentative and indeed valid observations) ... its the subsequent revisions of what he stood for that I mostly disagree with.

I know, you agree with every aspect of evolution, you've admitted to it
    yourself, I've purposely quoted your own words in many posts to prove it cool.gif
    its the subsequent revisions of what he stood for that I mostly disagree with.

Such as? Note: If you can't answer all the points on the list seriously
    then you are just trolling by ignoring old arguments & starting new ones.

I think that would be a logical conclusion based off even your own
    "scientific" standards, don't you agree? In fact you do because when
    people don't answer you you'll write trash such as
    Ah ... I see what you have done ... I had you 'on the canvas in a half-nelson' ... and Evolution roundly defeated on all fronts ... and you deftly switched the debate as to whether I was a Christian ...

No double standard there, shure it's a holy standard...

But never yourself...
    ... I'm not a masochist ... why should I criticise myself when there are hundreds of you guys to point to imaginary 'flaws' in me?!!!

No double standard there, shure it's a holy standard...
    You said it, honey!!!:)

... you really do get so worked up ... it's like you really know your whole thesis is falling apart ... and you are fighting 'tooth and nail' with your own conscience to deny the obvious invalidity of Materialistic Evolution!!!

... why should I when there are hundreds of you guys to point to imaginary 'flaws' in me!!!

I'm only pointing to the flaws in your arguments on this particular topic &
    general mode of debate which is thoroughally dishonest, I don't think
    anyone is pointing to the flaws in "you", just your dishonest arguments &
    mode of expression on this topic.
    ... you really do get so worked up ... it's like you really know your whole thesis is falling apart ... and you are fighting 'tooth and nail' with your own conscience to deny the obvious invalidity of Materialistic Evolution!!!

That would be true if you were taking my arguments with your nonsense
    & analyzing them but instead you revert to cheap comments.
    ... and you are fighting 'tooth and nail' with your own conscience to deny the obvious invalidity of Materialistic Evolution!!!

But you also believe in materialistic evolution as your comments on this
    thread clearly indicate so are you admitting that the things you believe
    in are invalid or are you just confused :confused:

Note: If you can't answer all the points on the list seriously
    then you are just trolling by ignoring old arguments & starting new ones.

But you also believe in materialistic evolution as your comments on this
    thread clearly indicate so are you admitting that the things you believe
    in are invalid or are you just confused :confused:
    ... I'll give you 20 years ... and you will also be following Prof Anthony Flew, Prof Fred Hoyle ... C S Lewis ... all of them high-profile Atheists who stopped scoffing and began praying!!!!

... I'll give you 20 years ... and you will also be following Prof Anthony Flew, Prof Fred Hoyle ... C S Lewis ... all of them high-profile Atheists who stopped scoffing and began praying!!!!

What has this got to do with evolution?

It's funny how you'll scold someone else for going 'off-topic' but you'll
    happily post videos relating to religion & religious conversions in a thread
    in which you called evolution a fairytale only later to admit "everybody
    accepts" all the important aspects of evolution "as fact" in your words :rolleyes:

What has this got to do with evolution?
    Prof Flew was an ID Proponent ... and you guys conflate ID Proponents with Creationists ... so are you now going to accept that both Evolutionists and Creationists are ID Proponents?

It's funny how you'll scold someone else for going 'off-topic' but you'll
    happily post videos relating to religion & religious conversions in a thread
    in which you called evolution a fairytale only later to admit "everybody
    accepts" all the important aspects of evolution "as fact" in your words :rolleyes:
    The primary reason for Anthony Flews abandonment of Atheism was his acceptance of Intelligent Design ... and this is very much on topic with this thread.

I look forward to the next meeting of the Skeptics Society debating the attributes of God ... just like Anthony Flew ... perhaps Robin could lead off in response to Dr Kevin Mitchell's presentation by playing this video!!!:)

• Advertisement

sponsoredwalk don't bother. JC is a troll. He'll never actually admit any flaws in his argument because he doesn't care.

You're only wasting your time trying to engage him in any sort of discussion.

The only thing we can do now is try and figure out how sad he has to be to be parting this role for so long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement