Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

J C wrote: »
    Prof Flew was an ID Proponent ... and you guys conflate ID Proponents with Creationists ... so are you now going to accept that both Evolutionists and Creationists are ID Proponents?

The only difference between creationists and ID'ers is that the pig is wearing
    a (metaphorical) tuxedo & cap saying

405376493v4_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

King Mob wrote: »
    sponsoredwalk don't bother. JC is a troll. He'll never actually admit any flaws in his argument because he doesn't care.
    Please point out the flaws ... if you can ...
    ... I don't expect you to admit that Evolution is a load of baloney ... I am well able to prove that it is myself!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Please point out the flaws ... if you can ...
    ... I don't expect you to admit that Evolution is a load of baloney ... I prove that it is myself!!!
    But you see JC we did. But you've ignored them and our points because you're a troll. You're not fooling anyone.

So why not drop the act and tell us why you've been doing it for so long?

The only difference between creationists and ID'ers is that the pig is wearing
    a (metaphorical) tuxedo & cap saying

405376493v4_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg
    That is no way to talk about eminent (former) Atheists ... and equally eminent scientists!!!!

Are you so wedded to Evolution that you really can't see that it is a load of baloney??

... or are you a great big Troll ... yourself???

• Dinosaurs are mammals
    • Mammals once ate dinosaurs somehow proves anything or is even relevant to our conversation,
    • "macroevolution is indeed a load of unsubstantiated baloney without a shred of evidence or logic supporting it" but you accept microevolution
    • (and, to reiterate, macroevolution is defined as microevolution over time (lol:pac:))
    • Your invalidated "proof" that all of a sudden you don't mention in every single response (for some reason) had any relevance to the theory of evolution whatsoever
    • Evolution is a fairytale even though you accept every component that forms the foundation of this "fairytale" & a recent post of yours indicates that you accept evolution so much you think a creation scientist wrote the definition :D
    • Genetic changes are always detrimental or barely noticeable
      even though you've been given evidence via studies of drosophilia explicitly refuting that nonsense.
    • The laws of thermodynamics are a major supporting evidence of intelligent design not because they predict the heat death of the universe & the demise of the sun ending all life on earth but because life on earth harnesses this energy for it's own survival. Put another way, because the laws that predict the heat death of the universe can be temporarily reversed locally by materialistic atheistic chemical processes it's proof of ID somehow... Nevermind that every action always increases the total entropy no... This is the most myopic & self-serving argument I've read out of you - it's just so obvious how biased you are Mr. "scientist"
    • Ignore all the questions in this list for quite some time & ignore the actual list I keep re-posting because you continually ignore all it for some unspecified, but I'm sure free & truthful, reason.
    This is just some of the unanswered nonsense you've spouted in this
    thread, all of which is 100% wrong, we're still waiting for you to address
    even 1 of these points.

Mr. Scientist, I gave you a chance when I wrote:

Note: If you can't answer all the points on the list seriously
    then you are just trolling by ignoring old arguments & starting new ones.

but you selectively quoted a different part of that post & responded with
    a religious video so I'm finally calling troll on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Could this be the death of J.C and creationist threads?

• Dinosaurs are mammals
      I said that some big Dinosaurs were Mammals - and I provided the evidence for this ... low surface:volume ratio, warm-blooded quadrupeds, presence of hair and skeletal structure.

• Mammals once ate dinosaurs somehow proves anything or is even relevant to our conversation,
      Large dinosaur-eating mammals living alongside Dinosaurs blows the whole Evoluionary time-line apart

• "macroevolution is indeed a load of unsubstantiated baloney without a shred of evidence or logic supporting it" but you accept microevolution
      I don't accept that Evolution is capable of producing CFSI ... if we define Macro-evolution as evolution between Kinds ... and micro-evolution as evolution within Created Kinds ... then the former doesn't exist ... while the latter is a fact.

• (and, to reiterate, macroevolution is defined as microevolution over time (lol:pac:))
      ... see above, for my definitions of Macro-evolution and micro-evolution.

• Your invalidated "proof" that all of a sudden you don't mention in every single response (for some reason) had any relevance to the theory of evolution whatsoever
      ... my proof is a maths-based valid scientific proof ... while the 'theory of evolution' is completely invalid.

• Evolution is a fairytale even though you accept every component that forms the foundation of this "fairytale" & a recent post of yours indicates that you accept evolution so much you think a creation scientist wrote the definition :D
      ... if evolution is defined as genetic drift over time ... then I accept that this occurs ... within the limits of the genetic diversity capacity of each Created Kind.

even though you've been given evidence via studies of drosophilia explicitly refuting that nonsense.
      ... I must have missed that ... where did you provide evidence of Drosophila melanogaster ever becoming anything other than more Drosophila melanogaster.

• The laws of thermodynamics are a major supporting evidence of intelligent design not because they predict the heat death of the universe & the demise of the sun ending all life on earth but because life on earth harnesses this energy for it's own survival. Put another way, because the laws that predict the heat death of the universe can be temporarily reversed locally by materialistic atheistic chemical processes it's proof of ID somehow... Nevermind that every action always increases the total entropy no... This is the most myopic & self-serving argument I've read out of you - it's just so obvious how biased you are Mr. "scientist"
      I said that that the local application of intelligently harnessed/directed energy is the only known means of reducing local entropy. The undirected application of raw energy destroys order and increases entropy both locally and universally.

• Ignore all the questions in this list for quite some time & ignore the actual list I keep re-posting because you continually ignore all it for some unspecified, but I'm sure free & truthful, reason.
    I have exhaustively and repeatedly dealt with these issues ... and your repeated denial that I have done so ... indicates that you are a big fat Troll yourself!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

liamw wrote: »

Evidently not, there is no end to creationists' ability to repeat mantra independently of replies.

liamw wrote: »
    I wish you long life and happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I wish you long life and happiness.

I think he meant JC threads, rather than you as a person.

At least I hope so. :pac:

• Advertisement

I think he meant JC threads, rather than you as a person.

At least I hope so. :pac:
    ... then I wish him long threads ... and plenty of room to show just how 'evidentially challenged' Evolution actually is!!!:pac:

... and could I also gently remind you that this isn't a Creationist Thread ... it is a thread about evolution ... on an evolutionist forum.:)

... and here is a fascinaing debate between two eminent scientistists about Intelligent Design:-

JC why are you still pretending?
    Your cover's been blown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

OK ... I admit that I take pleasure in defeating Materialists in debate at their own game

"Defeating materialists" is not the goal of a Christian. It is petty and childish, showing a disinterest in God, Jesus salvation and a relationship with Christ.

Ergo you aren't a Christian.

Why do you continue to pretend? You clearly are not a Christian, as such I seriously doubt you are a Creationist?

You are trolling for some unknown reason
    ... and under their own groundrules ... so I am a Sinner ... but luckily ... I am also Saved through no merit on my part by the ever-loving God, Jesus Christ.

No Christian would say that they happily delight in sinning but "luckily" they are saved through Jesus.

That is a fundamental misunderstanding of Christianity. Something you would know if you spent any time on the Christianity forum other than in the Creationism thread.

Ergo you aren't a Christian. Yet you pretend to be in order to delight in arguing with non-Creationists. Ergo you are a troll.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

there is no end to creationists' ability to repeat mantra independently of replies.
    Because creationism is nothing but a mantra:
    10 PRINT "GOD DID IT"
    20 GOTO 10

Wicknight wrote: »
    "Defeating materialists" is not the goal of a Christian. It is petty and childish, showing a disinterest in God, Jesus salvation and a relationship with Christ.

... disproving Materialistic explantions and the provision of scientificaly and philosophically valid explantions for the existence and actions of God are key parts of Christian Apologetics.

Ergo, as a Christian Apologist par excellence ... I am a Christian.

No Christian would say that they happily delight in sinning but "luckily" they are saved through Jesus.

That is a fundamental misunderstanding of Christianity. Something you would know if you spent any time on the Christianity forum other than in the Creationism thread.

It was a 'tongue in cheek' comment based on the infamous (and erroneous) jibe that it is only sinful if you enjoy it!!!
    I don't really enjoy defeating Materialists ... I actually enjoy leading them to Salvation and it has been my privelige to do so down the years.

I don't delight in sin (but, in any event, I don't think that defeating Materialists on their own terms is actually a sin in the eyes of God) ... I think it is actually a virtue in His eyes!!!!

However, as an undeserving sinner, I do take great consolation from my Salvation ... by a merciful God that I will happily spend eternity with!!!

Ergo again ... I am a Christian.

• Dinosaurs are mammals
      I said that some big Dinosaurs were Mammals - and I provided the evidence for this ... low surface:volume ratio, warm-blooded quadrupeds, presence of hair and skeletal structure.
    • But that is not the defining feature of a mammal, and the "definition" of a dinosaur explicitly distinguishes dinosaurs from mammals:
    • Sauropsida ("lizard faces") is a group of amniotes that includes all existing reptiles and birds and their fossil forefathers, including the dinosaurs, the immediate ancestors of birds. Sauropsida is distinguished from Theropsida ("beast faces"), more commonly called Synapsida, which includes mammals and their fossil ancestors.
    • link
      Large dinosaur-eating mammals living alongside Dinosaurs blows the whole Evoluionary time-line apart
      How?
    • mammals, for example, rarely exceeded the size of a cat, and were generally rodent-sized carnivores of small prey.[17] One notable exception is Repenomamus giganticus, a triconodont weighing between 12 kilograms (26 lb) and 14 kilograms (31 lb) that is known to have eaten small dinosaurs like young Psittacosaurus. link

I don't accept that Evolution is capable of producing CFSI ... if we define Macro-evolution as evolution between Kinds ... and micro-evolution as evolution within Created Kinds ... then the former doesn't exist ... while the latter is a fact.
      "If" being the key word there, only your misinformed creationist babble defines macro-evolution using the thoroughally unscientific, ill-defined & unacceptable term "kind", as I've quoted to you more than once, macroevolution is defined as microevolution over time, time is the only difference in this definition.
    • (and, to reiterate, macroevolution is defined as microevolution over time (lolpacman.gif))
      ... see above, for my definitions of Macro-evolution and micro-evolution.
      You play fast & loose not only with arguments & responses but definitions too, lets look at a few:
    • CFSI
    • Intelligence
    • Macroevolution
    • Evolution
    • Species
    • Mammal
    • created kinds
    • proof
    • mathematical proof
    • scientist
    • harnessed
      ... my proof is a maths-based valid scientific proof ... while the 'theory of evolution' is completely invalid.
    • What is funny is that you call the theory of evolution "completely invalid" but the bullet point under this one you say that if evolution is defined as X then you accept it, I mean you're saying that evolution defined in a way that is very very partially true is acceptable to you, but you're also saying it's "completely invalid", how stupid do you have to be to write a post in which you both accept a theory and call it invalid at the same time? This is either plain stupidity or just a troll
    • Also, your proof has been 100% debunked, you're using maths in empty space ignoring natural selection & the importance of NS on a single beneficial permutation therefore you have NO proof, every time you repeat that you do you just remind us how ignorant & childish you really are, that's not me insulting you that's just plain fact at this stage It would be more insulting for me to humour you & not call you self-contradictory, ignorant & unable to comprehend your own errors.
      ... if evolution is defined as genetic drift over time ... then I accept that this occurs ... within the limits of the genetic diversity capacity of each Created Kind.
    • Evolution (also known as biological, genetic or organic evolution) is the change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms through successive generations.[1] This change results from interactions between processes that introduce variation into a population, and other processes that remove it. As a result, variants with particular traits become more, or less, common. A trait is a particular characteristic—anatomical, biochemical or behavioural—that is the result of gene–environment interaction.
    • The main source of variation is mutation, which introduces genetic changes. These changes are heritable (can be passed on through reproduction), and may give rise to alternative traits in organisms. Another source of variation is genetic recombination, which shuffles the genes into new combinations which can result in organisms exhibiting different traits. Under certain circumstances, variation can also be increased by the transfer of genes between species,[2][3] and by the extremely rare, but significant, wholesale incorporation of genomes through endosymbiosis.[4][5]
      Two main processes cause variants to become more common or rarer in a population. One is natural selection, through which traits that aid survival and reproduction become more common, while traits that hinder survival and reproduction become rarer. Natural selection occurs because only a small proportion of individuals in each generation will survive and reproduce, since resources are limited and organisms produce many more offspring than their environment can support. Over many generations, heritable variation in traits is filtered by natural selection and the beneficial changes are successively retained through differential survival and reproduction. This iterative process adjusts traits so they become better suited to an organism's environment: these adjustments are called adaptations.[6]
      However, not all change is adaptive. Another cause of evolution is genetic drift, which leads to random changes in how common traits are in a population. Genetic drift is most important when traits do not strongly influence survival—particularly so in small populations, in which chance plays a disproportionate role in the frequency of traits passed on to the next generation.[7][8] Genetic drift is important in the neutral theory of molecular evolution, and plays a role in the molecular clocks that are used in phylogenetic studies.
      A key process in evolution is speciation, in which a single ancestral species splits and diversifies into multiple new species. There are several modes through which this occurs. Ultimately, all living (and extinct) species are descended from a common ancestor via a long series of speciation events. These events stretch back in a diverse "tree of life" which has grown over the 3.5 billion years during which life has existed on Earth.[9][10][11][12] This is visible in anatomical, genetic and other similarities between groups of organisms, geographical distribution of related species, the fossil record and the recorded genetic changes in living organisms over many generation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
    • Your definition is a lot different tbh, also - since you forget the last thing said to you, your response here accepts a part of evolutionary theory (genetic drift), other posts of yours have accepted other key parts of the theory, but the answer you gave right above this one called evolution "completely invalid", I can't believe someone could be serious posting something this stupid in that in one response they supposedly invalidate the theory that in the next post they say they accept :confused:
      ... I must have missed that ... where did you provide evidence of Drosophila melanogaster ever becoming anything other than more Drosophila melanogaster.
    • This is the post where I gave you the evidence but you expect to see a crocoduck appear or else you wont listen. I haven't claimed D Melanogaster will become anything else but a mutant strain of melanogastor because it takes a (wait for it) macro time scale of accumulated mutations for this to happen.

I said that that the local application of intelligently harnessed/directed energy is the only known means of reducing local entropy. The undirected application of raw energy destroys order and increases entropy both locally and universally.
    • J C wrote: »
      Please bear in mind that I said that The Laws Thermodynamics indicate that everything in the universe is moving from a state of order to disorder ... and this can only be locally reversed by the input of intelligently harnessed energy. The Laws Thermodynamics are therefore a major supporting proof for the Intelligent Design of life.
    • Another lie for the lie bucket :cool:
    • I notice you didn't bother responding to this point (wonder why...) but finally we get some answers, but only after you were goaded into it in the first place & all the responses were no better than the old debunked & horrendous answers of yours we've all read already, if they made any sense the first time you said them why would we continually ask you for a proper response?
    I have exhaustively and repeatedly dealt with these issues ... and your repeated denial that I have done so ... indicates that you are a big fat Troll yourself!!!!

If your responses made any sense the first time you said them why
    would we continually ask you for a proper response?

If your responses made any sense the first time you said them why would we continually ask you for a proper response?
    ... because you are in acute denial ... and as Prof Anthony Flew shows, it can take over 20 years for an Evolutionist to overcome this denial.:)

... when I was an Evolutionist, it actually took me over 10 years to overcome my denial of the evidence against Evolution!!!

sponseredwalk you're just wasting your time with a troll.
    It doesn't matter how good your points are are or how retarded JC's are, he doesn't care.

Just call him out as a troll. If he isn't he'll start addressing points properly.

But then if he isn't a troll, then he's got some severe mental issues.

... because you are in acute denial

I am in denial, I just can't accept the fact your a troll, it goes against the
    perception of humanity that I have, that someone could spend 5 years
    preaching this utter nonsense & not be serious. With the myspace troll guy
    I mean that was funny as hell, but you're not funny. If you were trolling on
    this topic for 5 years it would be an utter mental problem that you'd need
    to get checked out, I just think it's religion-on-the-brain mixed with a
    radically militant cultish expression of it that has trained you to ignore
    reality in such a hardcore fashion.

I am in denial.
    The first step in overcoming your denial is accepting that you are in denial ... so you have made a very good start!!!!

• Advertisement

... disproving Materialistic explantions and the provision of scientificaly and philosophically valid explantions for the existence and actions of God are key parts of Christian Apologetics.

You have never taken part in any Christian Apologetics. You only debate on this topic, and you debate in a very unChristian manner.

Ergo, you aren't a Christian, you are a troll
    It was a 'tongue in cheek' comment based on the infamous (and erroneous) jibe that it is only sinful if you enjoy it!!!
    I don't really enjoy defeating Materialists ... I actually enjoy leading them to Salvation and it has been my privelige to do so down the years.

You have never shown any interest in leading anyone to salvation, you have never attempted to introduce anyone to Christianity, Jesus or God. You have only ever attempted to attack evolution and belittle biologists.

And you have stated many many times you greatly enjoy this.

Ergo you aren't a Christian, you are a troll.
    I don't delight in sin (but, in any event, I don't think that defeating Materialists on their own terms is actually a sin in the eyes of God) ... I think it is actually a virtue in His eyes!!!!

Again you talk about "defeating" materialists, not leading them to salvation. You have never shown any interest in leading anyone to anything.
    Ergo again ... I am a Christian.

It is pretty clear from the way you act that you aren't

King Mob wrote: »
    sponseredwalk you're just wasting your time with a troll.
    It doesn't matter how good your points are are or how retarded JC's are, he doesn't care.

That is the key point here. People sit around going why does JC misrepresent my posts, why does he ignore arguments, why does he lie about quotes, why does he continue to use debunked arguments. Surely he must know that by doing this he is weakening his own faith, surely as a Christian he must feel doubt in his own beliefs when he resorts to this nonsense.

The point is he doesn't have faith, he doesn't have beliefs, he isn't a Christian. He is a troll. He doesn't care if is arguments are good or not, he doesn't care if he ignores flaws in them or continues to use debunked arguments.

He is not trying to support his faith, he doesn't have faith!

I just think it's religion-on-the-brain mixed with a
    radically militant cultish expression of it that has trained you to ignore
    reality in such a hardcore fashion.
    I think your problem may be that you don't actually know any Saved Christians???

I have said everything with love ... sometimes tough love ... but always love first ... and argument second!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

but always love first ... and argument second!!!!

Here lies part of the problem. You're doing too much 'loving' and not enough backing up your points.

You have never shown any interest in leading anyone to salvation, you have never attempted to introduce anyone to Christianity, Jesus or God. You have only ever attempted to attack evolution and belittle biologists.

And you have stated many many times you greatly enjoy this.

Ergo you aren't a Christian, you are a troll.

Again you talk about "defeating" materialists, not leading them to salvation. You have never shown any interest in leading anyone to anything.
    ... I wouldn't be Human if I didn't take some pleasure from winning ... and I have offered several times to lead anybody on the thread to Jesus.

It is pretty clear from the way you act that you aren't
    How do you think that a Christian should act?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Here lies part of the problem. You're doing too much 'loving' and not enough backing up your points.
    I can't win with you guys ... Wicknight thinks that I don't love enough and I take too much pleasure in defeating you ... while you think that I spread too much love on the thread!!!

... anyway, you can never do too much loving !!!!:)

... I wouldn't be Human if I didn't take some pleasure from winning

No Christians would talk about "winning" when discussing something they feel blocks salvation. A person would turn people away from Christianity with such an attitude. If you truly believed you would discuss this with a sad heart as the real Christians on this forum do, not childish joy at bickering with people.

Ergo you aren't a Christian, nor are you interested in saving us. You are interested in trolling and arguing.

Because you are a troll. See how simple that is?

So why can't you just admit it now that the game is up?

The arrogance you purvey in the name of "christianity" would be enough to
    put any person curious about religion off seeing as they see even belief in
    god does not stop a person from acting the way you have. Furthermore all
    the lies you've told are directly against the teachings of Jesus as they
    act to lead people astray from knowledge. The lack of humility would be
    another thing I think the less violent parts of the bible would have issue with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

... you can never do too much loving !!!!:)

I know some priests who did

Boom.gif

Seriously lads, just ignore and itll go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I can't win with you guys ... Wicknight thinks that I don't love enough and I take too much pleasure in defeating you ... while you think that I spread too much love on the thread!!!

... anyway, you can never do too much loving !!!!:)

Two different topics. Wicknight is focusing on how you arent good at being Christian. I focus on how you aren't good at debating properly.
    Come to think of it, we both raise valid points.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement