Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

smokingman wrote: »
    Bless....
    I do want to help you here, I really do.
    The first step though is to admit there's a problem.

Get through that my friend and we have made progress this day.
    ... there is indeed a problem ... with Evolution!!!
    ... physician cure thyself!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

J C wrote: »
    ... there is indeed a problem ... with Evolution!!!
    ... physician cure thyself!!!:pac:

Can't you see I'm worried for you, all these years and you're here?
    JC-Funny.jpg
    Reach out and we can work through this together, we can build your friendships, we can build your confidence, we can rebuild you!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Looks like James Perloff was one of you guys ... before he became a Christian....
    James Perloff was "one of you guys"? I don't believe that Perloff ever posted here on boards.ie.

He's an interesting guy all the same.

According to this article, Perloff believes that having "educated" Americans in positions of influence is a bad idea, since it's turned the USA into a "communist/fascist dictatorship". Perloff has also been moved to pen an entire CD of songs about homeschooling and freedom and other paranoid topics. He's written widely about the Pearl-Harbour Conspiracy and he's a vitriolic critic of plans held by the Communist elite who currently rule the USA to turn "North America into a European-style union".

Even by the extreme standards of creationists, Perloff seems unusually insane.

smokingman wrote: »
    I can recommend some friends of mine who are qualified psychiatrists.
    ... so unable to deny the invalidity of evolution ... you instead try to attack me personally ... the very worst case of ad hominem attack I have ever seen!!!!
    Now, now, ladies, handbags down please.

James Perloff [...] became a Christian....
    Just noticed that Perloff wants to execute homosexual men and women by stoning them. Second last verse of the last song on the page quoted above:

http://blogs.salon.com/0002874/2006/02/26.html#a2147

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

robindch wrote: »
    Just noticed that Perloff wants to execute homosexual men and women by stoning them. Second last verse of the last song on the page quoted above:

I see JC has no qualms using a man who advocates homosexuals being
    executed when he thinks that person will advance his christian message :rolleyes:
    We shall stone the gays, we shall stone the gays,
    We shall stone the gays some day
    When Dominionism triumphs, I do believe we'll stone the gays some day.

We shall teach the harlots, we shall teach the harlots.
    We shall teach the sluts the consequences of teh sex
    And they won't get no damned abortions, when we free them from having freedom soon some day.

Sung to the tune of "We Shall Overcome"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

k9zi6.jpg

James Perloff was "one of you guys"? I don't believe that Perloff ever posted here on boards.ie.

He's an interesting guy all the same.

According to this article, Perloff believes that having "educated" Americans in positions of influence is a bad idea, since it's turned the USA into a "communist/fascist dictatorship". Perloff has also been moved to pen an entire CD of songs about homeschooling and freedom and other paranoid topics. He's written widely about the Pearl-Harbour Conspiracy and he's a vitriolic critic of plans held by the Communist elite who currently rule the USA to turn "North America into a European-style union".
    ... he was one of you guys ... after all!!!!

He certainly was an Atheist ... and maybe he still isn't a Saved Christian???

Advocating the killing of any Human Being is not Christian behaviour ... but defeating Materialists at their own game is!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

... since when did it become 'un-christian' to defend Christianity

No one is attacking Christianity. What you are doing is attacking evolution and those who accept it under the guise of wishing to save us and bring us closer to God, something wholly contradicted by the combative and dishonest way to discuss this topic and take pleasure in doing so.

No Christian would do that. You are not a Christian. You are a troll.

• Advertisement

Wicknight wrote: »
    No one is attacking Christianity. What you are doing is attacking evolution and those who accept it under the guise of wishing to save us and bring us closer to God, something wholly contradicted by the combative and dishonest way to discuss this topic and take pleasure in doing so.

No Christian would do that. You are not a Christian. You are a troll.
    You're just a bad loser!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

liamw wrote: »
    k9zi6.jpg

HAHAHAHAA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

600full-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-screenshot.jpg

^^^ Deserves more than one thanks :)

The only one here who thinks this is about winning or losing is you, cause you are a troll

To a genuine Christian Creationist the debate would be about showing non-believers the correct interpretation of the Bible in order so that they can have a more close connection with Jesus. Something you care little about.

To someone who accepts the truth of evolution (Christian or otherwise) the debate is about presenting that truth as clear as possible and defending the principles of science that lead to its discovery from those who would manipulate science for their own ideology.

To a troll like yourself the debate is about bickering with people on the internet and taking pleasure in "winning" arguments with them and calling them losers, a wholly unChristian way to carry on.

You are not a Christian. I doubt you are a Creationist. You are simply a rather silly troll.

Originally Posted by J C
    600full-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-screenshot.jpg
    ... so are you saying that I have metaphorically 'cut Evolutionism down to size'???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

... so are you saying that I have metaphorically 'cut Evolutionism down to size'???

I take it you've not seen the film then?

The only one here who thinks this is about winning or losing is you, cause you are a troll

To a genuine Christian Creationist the debate would be about showing non-believers the correct interpretation of the Bible in order so that they can have a more close connection with Jesus. Something you care little about.

To someone who accepts the truth of evolution (Christian or otherwise) the debate is about presenting that truth as clear as possible and defending the principles of science that lead to its discovery from those who would manipulate science for their own ideology.

To a troll like yourself the debate is about bickering with people on the internet and taking pleasure in "winning" arguments with them and calling them losers, a wholly unChristian way to carry on.

You are not a Christian. I doubt you are a Creationist. You are simply a rather silly troll.
    Just because I have proven that Evolution is a load of baloney only makes make me a short-term winner ...
    ... but the fact that I am Saved makes me an eternal winner.

You too can be a short-term and eternal winner ... and the truth can set you free.

... all you need to do is to open your mind ... before you close it!!!

Just because I have proven that Evolution is a load of baloney only makes make me a short-term winner ...

You too can be a short-term and eternal winner ... and the truth can set you free.

There's the use of that word again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Swing and a miss.

Come on JC and troll of your calibre should have been able to come up with something better than that.

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    Swing and a miss.

Come on JC and troll of your calibre should have been able to come up with something better than that.
    only makes make me a short-term winner ...

I must admit that is freakishly trollish alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Swing and a miss.

Saw that coming, but it was too good an opportunity to pass up.

It looks like being a Troll is an occupational hazard ... for all Evolutionists!!!

Creationists have both logic and truth on their side ... and they therefore don't need to engage in trollish behaviour!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

It looks like being a Troll is an occupational hazard ... for all Evolutionists!!!

Creationists have both logic and truth on their side ... and they therefore don't need to engage in trollish behaviour!!!
    Which as wicknight pointed out they don't, their ignorance aside.

You however do and are continuing to display trolling behaviour.

Stop pretending JC no one is buying it.

Which as wicknight pointed out they don't, their ignorance aside.

You however do and are continuing to display trolling behaviour.

Stop pretending JC no one is buying it.
    Evolutionism is just one big Troll itself!!!

... and Creationism is based on logic science and maths.

How can ye guys look in the mirror each morning ... and continue to believe that you are just a cosmological accident????

Of course it's impossible, that's why we do it.
    Is that a Freudian Slip?
    I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

Are you a magician or an illusionist?

Is that a Freudian Slip?
    I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

Haha, vengance is swift :cool: Now JC turns the tables and concentrates on
    other peoples signatures after we've already explained to him why his own
    signature is grossly contradictory &, frankly, it is the perfect illustration of JC,
    he takes snippets of quotations that actually (when in context) refute him
    completely but instead deceives people through mis-information.

A Christian wouldn't view this discussion in terms of "winning".

Neither would an atheist trying to defend science standards, for that matter.

A troll on the other hand, who's sole preoccupation is arguing with people on the Internet and getting a kick out of annoying them, well they would.

I wonder which one you are :rolleyes:

Spoken like a true Internet troll. A Christian would never say something like that. They would be interested in their relationship with God, and bringing others closer to God. Not "winning" internet arguments.

The Bible says a Christian should be humble. You are anything but, you embrace showing off and gloat at taking pleasure in "winning" arguments. All very un-Christian.

Given thought that being humble is a core pillar of Christianity it is impossible to conclude you are just a bad Christian. All Christians would be familiar with this required behavior. It is implausible to conclude you are simply an ignorant Christian.

You are in fact a troll, someone pretending to be Christian to give you an excuse to engage in arguments over Creationism.

... and Creationism is based on logic science and maths.

The way you use maths I wouldn't be surprised if you used my old signature
    on linear algebra to refute Darwinian communism :D

• Advertisement

A Christian wouldn't view this discussion in terms of "winning".

Neither would an atheist trying to defend science standards, for that matter.

A troll on the other hand, who's sole preoccupation is arguing with people on the Internet and getting a kick out of annoying them, well they would.

I wonder which one you are :rolleyes:

Spoken like a true Internet troll. A Christian would never say something like that. They would be interested in their relationship with God, and bringing others closer to God. Not "winning" internet arguments.

The Bible says a Christian should be humble. You are anything but, you embrace showing off and gloat at taking pleasure in "winning" arguments. All very un-Christian.

Given thought that being humble is a core pillar of Christianity it is impossible to conclude you are just a bad Christian. All Christians would be familiar with this required behavior. It is implausible to conclude you are simply an ignorant Christian.

You are in fact a troll, someone pretending to be Christian to give you an excuse to engage in arguments over Creationism.
    Humility is shown by Chrisitians to our almight God ... but there is no merit in humilty towards our fellow men on their way to eternal perdition ... we are commanded to point out their error confidently and lovingly ... and show them how to attain Salvation!!!

Jesus Christ may have humbled Himself to accept death in order to Save us ... but He didn't behave humbly towards the Money Changers in The Temple ... or indeed to the Pharisees who denied His power to forgive sin and Save Humanity!!!!!

John 2:13-16 (New International Version, ©2010)
    13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!”

John 8:42-47 (New International Version, ©2010)
    Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement