Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

J C wrote: »
    ... there was a very interesting conversation ... and it is continuing.

No it was always you trolling, us debunking your increasing stupid and trollish posts and now it's just us taking the piss out of you, because you are a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

King Mob wrote: »
    No it was always you trolling, us debunking your increasing stupid and trollish posts and now it's just us taking the piss out of you, because you are a troll.
    I'll let the objective observers decide on which way the urine is flowing on this thread.

I'll let the objective observers decide on which way the urine is flowing on this thread.
    Then it's a good thing that you're an obvious troll. They won't have to look very hard.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Lets have a poll!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

i hope this thread never dies..... it's hilarious! in a tragic kind of way!

• Advertisement

Doc_Savage wrote: »
    i hope this thread never dies..... it's hilarious! in a tragic kind of way!
    If God permits ... we might even continue it in eternity ... although it could be very painful for some people!!!!

You're like a 'Moth to the flame' ... of truth!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

If God permits ... we might even continue it in eternity ...

If God was in any way meriful he would not allow it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Galvasean wrote: »
    I've read a lot of the old testament and frankly, god is anything but "meriful".

robindch wrote: »
    I've read a lot of the old testament and frankly, god is anything but "meriful".

*merciful :o

"Am I not meriful???"gladiator_In_Chains.jpg

The truth may hurt ... but it will also set you free.

God is merciful ... but He will not force His mercy on you.

You must wish to be Saved ... and believe on Jesus Christ.

• Advertisement

You should try reading the good news in the New Testament instead ... because thankfully we now live under God's mercy ... if you accept His mercy by relying on Jesus Christ to be Saved.
    You will only fear His Law and Justice ... if you refuse to be Saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

God is merciful ... but He will not force His mercy on you.

So does threatening us with burning in hell for all eternity if you don't believe not count as forcing it on us?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

You should try reading the good news in the New Testament instead
    I've read large chunks of the NT in Greek, Latin as well as English, and frankly, it's a silly story in any language. I find it hard to believe that adults believe this nonsense.
    if you accept His mercy by relying on Jesus Christ to be Saved. You will only fear His Law and Justice ... if you refuse to be Saved.
    It's a weird form of love which requires people to pretend to have it, lest they burn for all eternity in a lake of sulfur.

As I said, do adults really believe this stuff? It's really quite embarrassing to think that they might.

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    So does threatening us with burning in hell for all eternity if you don't believe not count as forcing it on us?
    No ... you have the freedom to not accept His mercy ... and many un-Saved people choose to not do so.

I've read large chunks of the NT in Greek, Latin as well as English, and frankly, it's a silly story in any language. I find it hard to believe that adults believe this nonsense.
    Your attitude is to be expected from somebody who rejects Jesus

1 Corinthians 1:17-19 (New International Version, ©2010)
    17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:
    “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
    the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

It's a weird form of love which requires people to pretend to have it, lest they burn for all eternity in a lake of sulfur.

As I said, do adults really believe this stuff? It's really quite embarrassing to think that they might.
    God gives us the freedom to choose between Himself and Satan.
    What kind of 'love' forces other people to love you???
    God does not force us to love Him.

He created us as beings with free will ... and not robots ... and He therefore can't (and won't) force us to love Him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

God gives us the freedom to choose between Himself and Satan.

God created us as beings with free will ... and not robots ... and He therefore can't force us to love Him.

Your god is evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

Indeed. So, according to you JC, what happens to me if I choose to reject your god's love (let's assume that I live a peaceful and 'good' life in all other ways)? What, in your opinion, happens to an otherwise good person, who chooses to deny the existence of your god?

So JC when you're pretending to be a christian and quote the bible, do you have a physical copy or are you copy pasting from a random online one?

No ... you have the freedom to not accept His mercy ... and many un-Saved people choose to not do so.

Imagine a man walks up to you in the street, He wants you to give him your wallet. If you do not give him your wallet he will smash your face in with a lead pipe. Of course he is allowing you the freedom not to give him your wallet... but he'll smash you in the face if you choose not to give him your wallet.

This man is much like your God.

Indeed. So, according to you JC, what happens to me if I choose to reject your god's love (let's assume that I live a peaceful and 'good' life in all other ways)? What, in your opinion, happens to an otherwise good person, who chooses to deny the existence of your god?
    ... if you reject God's mercy you will receive His Justice ... and get your wish ... to spend eternity with Satan and his minions.

• Advertisement

So JC when ... (you) quote the bible, do you have a physical copy or are you copy pasting from a random online one?
    Both.

Imagine a man walks up to you in the street, He wants you to give him your wallet. If you do not give him your wallet he will smash your face in with a lead pipe. Of course he is allowing you the freedom not to give him your wallet... but he'll smash you in the face if you choose not to give him your wallet.

This man is much like your God.
    The correct analogy goes something like this:-
    A person who has committed a horrenduous crime is before a just judge.
    The judge offers to pay the appropriate penalty on behalf of the criminal ... if the criminal accepts the authority of the court ... but the criminal chooses to be jailed (for eternity) instead.

God is a Just Judge ... and a Merciful Father ... the choice is up to you, which aspect you want Him to exercise in your case.

Both.

Tsk tsk JC changing people's quotes... how uncharacteristically dishonest and unchristian of you.

Tsk tsk JC changing people's quotes... how uncharacteristically dishonest and unchristian of you.
    I removed a gratuituous lie about me ... and I answered the question that I was asked.

What more do you want?

I removed a gratuituous lie about me ... and I answered the question that I was asked.

What more do you want?
    For you to give up the charade?

And it's not a lie when it's true.
    It is a lie to pretend I said something i didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Tsk tsk JC changing people's quotes... how characteristically dishonest and unchristian of you.

FYP

For you to give up the charade?

And it's not a lie when it's true.
    It is a lie to pretend I said something i didn't.
    You're the guys living in 'cloud cuckoo land'.

It is a lie to say that I'm not a Christian ... and why this fascination with my Salvation anyway?

... and where did I pretend that you said something that you didn't ... or is that another lie from you?

You're the guys living in 'cloud cuckoo land'.

It is a lie to say that I'm not a Christian ... and why this fascination with my Salvation anyway?
    ... where did I pretend that you said something that you didn't ... or is that another lie from you?
    Come on JC, you're not fooling anyone.

It's clear to all that you're just a troll pretending to be a christian.

Now you're returning to you old troll tactic of playing dumb.

Seriously it's gotten beyond sad to watch you now.

The correct analogy goes something like this:-
    A person who has committed a horrenduous crime is before a just judge.
    The judge offers to pay the appropriate penalty on behalf of the criminal ... if the criminal accepts the authority of the court ... but the criminal chooses to be jailed (for eternity) instead.

God is a Just Judge ... and a Merciful Father ... the choice is up to you, which aspect you want Him to exercise in your case.

What crime have the non-believers committed? Other than not believing in a god who created them with doubtful minds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

What crime have the non-believers committed? Other than not believing in a god who created them with doubtful minds?

Let's not forget original sin. To continue the analogy, supposedly, we're to be punished for what some fictional characters in a storybook did thousands of years before we were even born. Yeah, nice concept of justice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement