Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

J C wrote: »
    A man who died so that we all could live.

A man who condemned religious hypocrites ... and forgave sinners.

After he set us all up to fall? So Jebus is a mother****ing, mugging, conman and possibly a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I did say adult children ... so what do you think that a loving father should do when an adult child decided to go his own way and engages in risky behaviour ???

No I meant your children if you were to teach them this nonsense.
    But it's not a problem as we all know you don't actually believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

5uspect wrote: »
    After he set us all up to fall? So Jebus is a mother****ing, mugging, conman and possibly a troll.
    We set ourselves up for the Fall ... and Jesus is love and wants to Save you ... even though you now seem to hate Him.

How can I hate what doesn't exist? Troll Harder.

We set ourselves up for the Fall
    You mean after God left us alone and unsupervised in a garden with the one thing that he didn't want us to eat and a talking snake.
    So not only did he deicide to take a break from being all knowing and all seeing he also lied about what would happen if we eat the fruit.
    And to top it all off his warning was of something we had no concept of at the time.

Seriously it would be like getting mad at a two year old baby for drinking bleach after the parent left him alone with the unopened bottle and a stern warning not to drink it.

But luckily you don't actually buy this crap anyway.

• Advertisement

wrote:
    Originally Posted by 5uspect

5uspect
    How can I hate what doesn't exist?
    Do you normally call figments of you imagination a "mugging conman"?

King Mob wrote: »
    You mean after God left us alone and unsupervised in a garden with the one thing that he didn't want us to eat and a talking snake.
    So not only did he deicide to take a break from being all knowing and all seeing he also lied about what would happen if we eat the fruit.
    And to top it all off his warning was of something we had no concept of at the time.

Seriously it would be like getting mad at a two year old baby for drinking bleach after the parent left him alone with the unopened bottle and a stern warning not to drink it.
    Adam and Eve knew full well what they were doing ... and they also knew the result ... which was death.

Adam and Eve knew full well what they were doing ... and they also knew the result ... which was death.
    But if you actually read the bible it says otherwise.

The had no concept of good or evil or death, cause that's how God built them.

God said that they would die if the eat the fruit, so not only could they not understand what that was, it turned out not to be true as they didn't actually die. Had God forgiven them for his cock up, they would have been able to live forever in the garden according to the bible.

But, you don't have to be a parody anymore JC, we know you find these beliefs as stupid as we do.

Do you normally call figments of you imagination a "mugging conman"?

You forgot XXXXXXXXXXXX(*)

Sure, why not. It's not like you believe in any of it anyway.

(*) Unwholesome word deleted.

... Satan bears the ultimate responsiblity for all of the evil in the world.

Actually, taking your moronic trolling logic to its proper conclusion, God bears ultimate responsibility for all the evil of the world as creator of both temptation and, ultimately, Satan.

Obviously this matters not a jot as this is, essentially, a literary discussion akin to saying that Han Solo shot Greedo first but if we are gonna have some geek-biblical-fanboy discussions we might as well see it through properly.

• Advertisement

But if you actually read the bible it says otherwise.

The had no concept of good or evil or death, cause that's how God built them.

God said that they would die if the eat the fruit, so not only could they not understand what that was, it turned out not to be true as they didn't actually die. Had God forgiven them for his cock up, they would have been able to live forever in the garden according to the bible.

But, you don't have to be a parody anymore JC, we know you find these beliefs as stupid as we do.
    They freely chose to defy God and to believe Satan's lies ... and they thereby became mortal ... just like God told them they would.

They freely chose to defy God and to believe Satan's lies ... and they thereby became mortal ... just like God told them they would.

But that's not what's in the bible.
    It wasn't Satan it was a talking snake.
    And it didn't lie, God did.
    God never said anything about becoming mortal or "spiritual death".
    God didn't give them the ability to be able to judge right or wrong or to understand what death is. Nor had they ever encountered the concept of "lying".
    And on top of this, not only did God allow all this, he also failed to warn the two about the snake he must have known about and also chose that moment to not be all knowing and all powerful and didn't intervene when the snake was corrupting his creation.
    So how could that actually be a free choice?
    And if it was why did he punish us for making a free choice he gave us?

But then you have no answer for this because you are only pretending to be a christian to troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Is there a way I can make a thread 'invisible'. This garbage thread keeps popping back. It now has the second-most views on this forum.. and I know it'll keep going if people keep responding to JC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

liamw wrote: »
    Is there a way I can make a thread 'invisible'. This garbage thread keeps popping back. It now has the second-most views on this forum.. and I know it'll keep going if people keep responding to JC.

I think the thread has probably run it's course at this stage. The book which spawned it is old news and the argument about the subject matter of the book has also run dry. Could we at least re-name it "JC's Super Soapbox Corner" or something mods?

liamw wrote: »
    ... the truth will set you free!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Jeesh this thread has become a mess, I thought we were discussing evolution
    not "christian" nonsense, I don't think this thread should be closed but a
    catchy name like "JC's corner" or "Token creationist thread" is in order seeing
    as we're not discussing anything but religion.

But that's not what's in the bible.
    It wasn't Satan it was a talking snake.
    It was Satan possessing the Snake.

And it didn't lie, God did.
    God never said anything about becoming mortal or "spiritual death".
    God told them clearly that they would surely die if they were to consort with Satan and his system of occult knowledge of good and evil.

God didn't give them the ability to be able to judge right or wrong or to understand what death is. Nor had they ever encountered the concept of "lying".
    Adam and Eve were perfectly created and therefore perfectly intelligent - so they knew exactly what they were doing - but they hoped that God didn't say what He meant ... and meant what He said.

And on top of this, not only did God allow all this, he also failed to warn the two about the snake he must have known about and also chose that moment to not be all knowing and all powerful and didn't intervene when the snake was corrupting his creation.
    He told them exactly what would happen if they abused their free will ... and warned them about having anything to do with Satan's occult 'tree of the knowledge of good and evil'.

So how could that actually be a free choice?
    And if it was why did he punish us for making a free choice he gave us?
    Receiving the logical results of your actions isn't punishment ... it good when you choose good ... and bad when you choose evil

But they weren't perfectly created nor perfectly intelligent because if they
    were prefectly intelligent they would be intelligent enough to know that god
    meant what he said, so they weren't perfectly intelligent which means they
    weren't perfectly created.

Jeesh it's so easy to get sucked in to this nonsense :pac:

Jeesh this thread has become a mess, I thought we were discussing evolution
    not "christian" nonsense, I don't think this thread should be closed but a
    catchy name like "JC's corner" or "Token creationist thread" is in order seeing
    as we're not discussing anything but religion.
    ... it could also be renamed an 'Atheist Soap-box'!!!:)

But they weren't perfectly created nor perfectly intelligent because if they
    were prefectly intelligent they would be intelligent enough to know that god
    meant what he said, so they weren't perfectly intelligent which means they
    weren't perfectly created.
    ... they were very intelligent ... but they chose to not be very wise!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭keppler

... they were very intelligent ... but they were not very wise!!!

I dont remember the book of genesis mentioning Adam & Eve's IQ.

[/COLOR].

And absolutely none of those points are actually in the bible or make a lick of sense.

Why would God just leave "Satan's Occult Tree" just lying around?

But come one JC, you're not even being a good parody anymore.

keppler wrote: »
    I dont remember the book of genesis mentioning Adam & Eve's IQ.
    Man was created in the perfect image of a perfect God.
    ... so they would have had the highest possible IQ ... somewhere to the north of 200 !!!!

... they were very intelligent ... but they chose to not be very wise!!!

You're making sh*t up, where in the bible does it say this?

And absolutely none of those points are actually in the bible or make a lick of sense.

Why would God just leave "Satan's Occult Tree" just lying around?
    ... for the same reason He left Satan lying around ... because He created Satan with free will as well.

... for the same reason He left Satan lying around ... because He created Satan with free will as well.
    Oh yea... that makes so much sense now.
    He just set them up to fail his test.

But come on JC, you know real Christians are that dumb. You're going to have to try harder.

Oh yea... that makes so much sense now.
    He just set them up to fail his test.

But come on JC, you know real Christians are that dumb. You're going to have to try harder.
    ... God couldn't logically grant Adam & Eve free will ... and then turn around and 'control freak' every action they took.

... with free will comes responsiblity for your actions ... it's also the basis of our current secular legal system.

... so why do you whinge about the punishment of Adam and Eve's horrific sin ... while presumably maintaining that everybody must bear responsibility for their actions in relation to everything from a parking fine to murder????
    ... do I detect a degree of hypocracy in your beliefs in relation to God????

... God couldn't logically grant Adam & Eve free will ... and then turn around and 'control freak' every action they took.

... with free will comes responsiblity for your actions ... it's also the basis of our current secular legal system.

... so why do you whinge about the punishment of Adam and Eve's horrific sin ... while presumably maintaining that everybody must bear responsibility for their actions in relation to everything from a parking fine to murder????
    But the thing is going by the story in the bible, Adam and Eve were no more responsible for their actions than a baby who drinks bleach after their parent left it open on the floor next to them.

All these justifications you're adding and pretending to believe aren't in the bible.

Seriously JC, drop the act you haven't been fooling anyone and you're just making yourself look sad.

strobe wrote: »
    It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
    ... you have a good point there ... about how Evolutionists think!!:pac:

• Advertisement

But the thing is going by the story in the bible, Adam and Eve were no more responsible for their actions than a baby who drinks bleach after their parent left it open on the floor next to them.

All these justifications you're adding and pretending to believe aren't in the bible.

Seriously JC, drop the act you haven't been fooling anyone and you're just making yourself look sad.
    ... except Adam & Eve weren't babies ... they were perfectly created highly intelligent adult Human Beings.

... so why do you whinge about the punishment of Adam and Eve's horrific sin against their loving Creator ... while presumably maintaining that everybody must bear responsibility for their actions in relation to everything from a parking fine to murder????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement