Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Ballybrit Business Park

Options
  • 12-09-2010 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi everyone,
    I'm just wondering does anyone know of a bus route that goes from Galway city somewhere near Boston Scientific? Any info would be great thanks!:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nr 3 bring you to the Eircom building. There is a HP bus that leaves from Salthill and passes the square in the mornings I think.

http://www.galwaytransport.info/2008/12/3-ballybrit-coming-soon.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Biko's right.

The Ballybrit area map has the bus routes etc, while the Ballybrit industrial estate layout map shows you exactly where Boston is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I had thought the No. 9 goes out as far as Boston and those Estates since the N0. 3 shortened its' route but I could be wrong.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 open seas

Hi

Can anyone please tell me if there is a bus service which goes into Ballbrit Business Park or if not which is the closest stop?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

If you mean the one where HP etc are located, the #3 is your best bet out of the regular buses. Get off at Eircom, you'll need to walk up to the Ballybane Road, accross the roundabout and into the business park.

Or, there is a bus that goes straight to HP, but it doesn't run all day so it may not be suitable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 open seas

Thanks - can you give me the details of the bus that goes to HP? If it goes in the morning and evening then that would suit me!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The two bus threads for the same area merged.

open seas wrote: »
    Thanks - can you give me the details of the bus that goes to HP? If it goes in the morning and evening then that would suit me!

Timetable is here: http://lh3.ggpht.com/_P-ocLrBRcX0/TFCw3E9ys0I/AAAAAAAABJw/0bMh67qu8Iw/s912/Ballybrit-IndustrialEstate.jpg

I really should write a FAQ about the factory runs. For now re the HP one:

The bus from the railway station leaves from down near the inspector's office (I) on the Ceannt Station layout map. The one that comes thru from Seacrest stops at the north end of Eyre Square (near BoI) - can be quite variable in the time that it arrives there, and often doesn't get you to work by 8:30am

They may be labelled Hewlett Packard, Compaq, APC ... or sometimes don't have a destination sign at all (just to confuse ya).

Fare is the same as the normal city fare.

If you're working in HP thru an agency and required to clock in, make sure you have them and your boss aware that you're coming an going on the bus - I've heard there's been a bit of an issue because to get the bus in the afternoon you really do need to leave your desk well before 5:30 (it's a big plant!). It's a fixable issue (take a few minutes off lunch), but needed some mgmt intervention (at one stage anyway, maybe it's properly fixed now).

I had thought the No. 9 goes out as far as Boston and those Estates since the N0. 3 shortened its' route but I could be wrong.....

9 goes to Parkmore West and East, Galway Tech Park, Racecourse Business Park and Briarhill Business Park.

3 goes far closer to roads that lead Ballybrit Industrial Estate.

9 goes closer to HP as the crow flies, but there's a field or two in between with no path through it in the way.

Advertisement