Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canary Islands - Garmin

Options
  • 13-09-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

I've left this a little late, but I'll know for next time :)

I've got a nuvi, and my maps are: nüMaps Onetime™ City Navigator® Europe NT 2011

I rather foolishly thought that as the Canary Islands were European, they might be on there, but all I get is a dot showing where one or two towns are, but no roads or details. Anyone know which maps you'd need to buy for the Canaries?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I think the one you want is City Navigator® Europe NT – Spain + Portugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The Canary Islands are covered under City Navigator Europe NT. You don't need to purchase Spain + Portugal (bottom left of this picture).

cm-md.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

OpenStreetMaps also has decent coverage of the Islands, if you find that the maps you have installed do not include the Canarys. I would guess that your device has limited memory, so there is a specific region of City Navigator Europe uploaded to the device, and as such it's just showing the basemap for the Islands concerned.

Advertisement