Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Societies

Options
  • 13-09-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Me and a few buddies were thinking of setting up a gaming society in our college and are wondering is there any others out there? Had a quick goo and didn't see many out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Madjackjr wrote: »
    Me and a few buddies were thinking of setting up a gaming society in our college and are wondering is there any others out there? Had a quick goo and didn't see many out there.
    DCU has a well established one. Their website can be found here. Some of them are on Boards so you should be able to get in touch with them here too.

Yeah, DCU Games Soc is excellent. Ask them for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Maynooth had a Games soc alright, though I've not been in college for 3 years so I don't know anymore. It was more geared toward card/board games, and less toward computer\console gaming mind you, which was why I wasn't big into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

As said, the DCU Games Soc is great.
    There's GSoc in UL. CompSoc in NUIG (which is also their Games Society). UCC are similar, in that their Netsoc covers both. They also have a War Gaming Society.
    What college do you go to?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I helped run Compsoc in Carlow for 2 years. Was great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

As said, the DCU Games Soc is great.
    There's GSoc in UL. CompSoc in NUIG (which is also their Games Society). UCC are similar, in that their Netsoc covers both. They also have a War Gaming Society.
    What college do you go to?
    NUIG have CompSoc, but they're changing their tune this year. going to be a bit of technical stuff as well.]

based on OP's location, i'd say IT sligo is where he's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

FloJo has a galway gamers soc, she's set up some stuff on here with it,

(click on whitemans gamer link :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

UCC have NetSoc: http://netsoc.ucc.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

DIT aungier Street has one, it used to be fairly active as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Maynooth had a Games soc alright, though I've not been in college for 3 years so I don't know anymore. It was more geared toward card/board games, and less toward computer\console gaming mind you, which was why I wasn't big into it.
    Still going I think, more geared towards boards games though I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement