Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

foundation

• 13-09-2010 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

hi girls!

just wondering what foundation would you recommend? I'm looking for a long lasting one as I find a lot of them wear off very quickly!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

I've only tried a couple of long lasting ones but Revlon Colorstay really is great. It feels really sticky the first time but you get used to it. I find the ELF flathead brush best for applying it. I kind of resent paying 18 euro for a drugstore product though.

I'm using L'oreal Infallible at the moment, doesn't last half as long, and is almost impossible to wash out of makeup brushes, it seemed to multiply the more I washed them, the sink was ruined.

I meant to pick up the Estee Lauder double wear, which no doubt will be recommended in this topic, in the airport but I forgot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Estee Lauder - Double wear! I love it and it lasts all day and night without the need to top it up at all!

€34 for a decent size bottle and it lasts ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

Thanks Lainey316 and princess-lala think i'l give the estee lauder a go! I'm using both mac n benefit at the min...I love the benefit make up I think it's really nice but i just find it wears off after a few hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

The new Lancome one - Teint Miracle ( I think..) is pretty good. I switched from EL to that and find it lasts just as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

dior forever is the best long lasting foundation i have tried. i used to use double wear and ound it deteriorated the condition of my skin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

has anyone tried revlon photoready? I've heard mixed review so I dunno... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I think MAC are bringing out a new long wear Foundation.. Can't guarantee that, but I'm sure I heard talk about it on a makeup blog.

Might be worth trying if it gets sold in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Ditzie wrote: »
    has anyone tried revlon photoready? I've heard mixed review so I dunno... :confused:

Im using it at the moment, heard mixed reviews so gave it a go. Its got a sheen to it, so if you dont mind that its quite good in my opinion. Quite blendable and light but good coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

You could also try wearing a face primer with your normal foundation I have one from GOSH and works really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nelly25

I second slowmoe..think Dior Forever is amazing! It has a quite light consistency but the coverage is excellent! It covers really well but can still see ur skin and lasts for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭oohlala

third vote for dior forever. double wear wrecked my skin and i didn't find the coverage great. Maybe it just didn't suit me but i think forever lasts longer anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Babygreen

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭solovely

Any recommendations for a good foundation for combination skin? My forehead is quite oily, but my cheeks and chin are really dry!!

I was using mac for years, but find it really oily, especially in summer, but I knew the tone I needed and it was always the perfect colour on me, tanned or not.

I recently moved onto Clarins instant sooth mousse, and while it feels amazing, and the tone is good on me, it's very heavy on, especially for daytime and quite pricey.

I know a makeup artist who always recommends the cheapest Maybelline foundation, she says loads of the celebs use it!! So I might try that....any other ideas? Hadnt heard of Revlon Photoready til I read this, so might give that a go...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

I used to use Estee Lauder, but I found it too heavy.

No I use Vichy Aera Teint 12 hr foundation and I think it's just FANTASTIC! It's light, lasts, and give good coverage. I found it for 18 euro, and it lasts AAGES as you only need one pump for the day. Don't know what the RRP is though.

Advertisement