Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using font from Microsoft product for Trademark Logo

Options
  • 13-09-2010 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

I've been in touch with MS and the company that license a particular font that comes with Microsoft Office 2010 about whether I can use the font in a logo that will be trademarked.

Both replies from both companies do not quite seem to give a straight "Yes" answer to the question. I have replied to them and am waiting but thought I'd see if anyone has done this and if it's fine?

One response said that I can use it on my workstation which includes "using the fonts on your workstation to create static graphic images of logos."

The question was "can I use font X that was supplied on MS Office 2010, which I purchased, in a logo that will be trademarked?" Would you take "create static graphic images of logos" to be a yes to using the font in a trademarked logo?

Comments

Advertisement