Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band shirts

Options
  • 13-09-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey guys just wondering do any of you know a good place to get band shirts made fairly cheap, but still good quality. My band Subject Matter are releasing our first Self Titled EP soon and I was thinking of getting shirts made too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

www.SubjectMatterOnline.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

If you do find someone, let me know and I'll put their details on the resources thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭drumdrum

Hi,

Ive had some limited experience on this in the past, so Im just going to give some advice here if you want it (or not! :) ).

Dont get a simple red/black/blue/whatever-colour tshirt and get your band name printed on it. It looks cheap and jokey and can give people the impression that you think you are bigger than you are!!! Ive seen this recently at a gig and well, it didnt exactly make the band look good when the only people wearing them are the players girlfriends!

Maybe the first step would be to get in contact with an artist or draw up some band logos and designs yourself. You could always get in contact with a student place like NCAD and see if you can get a good student rate on the cheap! You seem to have the band text "Subject Matter" on the website done, so I would use that as a starting point. Just make it look professional and dont overcharge for it and people might start picking it up.
    Once you have the logo/design google t-shirt printing in dublin as there are quite a few places and then shop around for the best price.

Just be careful.....strangers (ie, NOT friends and other halves!) are only likely to pick up merchandise of the band if the EP release goes well and by this I mean gets decent promotion via internet/radio/other...
    so what I guess Im trying to say here is, dont get a seemingly cheaper-per-unit bulk order of say 500 t-shirts before knowing what demand wil be like. The last thing you want is boxes of unused tshirts cluttering up your garage.

Anyways, best of luck with the EP! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tehPOK

drumdrum wrote: »
    Hi,

Ive had some limited experience on this in the past, so Im just going to give some advice here if you want it (or not! :) ).

Dont get a simple red/black/blue/whatever-colour tshirt and get your band name printed on it. It looks cheap and jokey and can give people the impression that you think you are bigger than you are!!! Ive seen this recently at a gig and well, it didnt exactly make the band look good when the only people wearing them are the players girlfriends!

Maybe the first step would be to get in contact with an artist or draw up some band logos and designs yourself. You could always get in contact with a student place like NCAD and see if you can get a good student rate on the cheap! You seem to have the band text "Subject Matter" on the website done, so I would use that as a starting point. Just make it look professional and dont overcharge for it and people might start picking it up.
    Once you have the logo/design google t-shirt printing in dublin as there are quite a few places and then shop around for the best price.

Just be careful.....strangers (ie, NOT friends and other halves!) are only likely to pick up merchandise of the band if the EP release goes well and by this I mean gets decent promotion via internet/radio/other...
    so what I guess Im trying to say here is, dont get a seemingly cheaper-per-unit bulk order of say 500 t-shirts before knowing what demand wil be like. The last thing you want is boxes of unused tshirts cluttering up your garage.

Cheers drumdrum :) I'll definately take everything on board that you mentioned above. I'll see what happens and I'll let you know what happens after the EP is out. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

drumdrum wrote: »
    Hi,

Agree with almost all of that. Remember also that the shirts are an advertisement in themselves for the band so selling more of them should be more important than making a profit. Obviously dont leave yourselves out of pocket for them but i wouldnt charge alot over cost price.

As for places that make them, i used a place before on the corner of New Bride Street and Long Lane. I cant remember the name or the price to be honest so i cant really help on that. They did the design and sorted out making them also tho so i cant imagine they are that cheap but might be worth contacting them to see.

Advertisement