Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near Colaiste Dhulaigh Coolock???

Options
  • 13-09-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Wasn't sure if i should put this here or in motoring or education etc.

Does anyone know of good parking spaces near Colaiste Dhulaigh as i'm about to start studying there full time and those of us who drive have been warned that there won't always be parking spaces free.

I know there's a max stay of 3hrs in Northside shopping centre so that won't work and i know of a couple of free parking places some bit away from the college but i need somewhere thats not gonna mean being 30mins late by the time i (realise there's no places left in the college car park drive somewhere else) park and get in back to the college.

I'd be massively grateful to hear any tips on handy (non-clamper infested:eek:) areas to park.

Thanks
    DrF ;-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

park on the path opposite, just dont block the neighbours driveway though or you could park up at the atlantic harware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Atlantic Homecare, which is right beside Northside. Not sure if there is a parking limit there, but the car park is huge.
    A few parking spaces at Coolock libary too.
    The flats opposite Northside have parking spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Park in darndale sure :-)

Glad I could be of assistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

DrFroggies wrote: »

Does anyone know of good parking spaces near Colaiste Dhulaigh as i'm about to start studying there full time and those of us who drive have been warned that there won't always be parking spaces free.

A guy in my course drove in all the time last year and never had a problem getting a parking space in the college grounds. Think that warning was a bit exaggerated tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

The shopping centre has got clampers so not really an option.

As for the suggestion of parking across the road, it's a small road, which serves a bus going each way, and a taxi rank up by the S.C., spaces go very early, and the road is usually jammed up in the morning and evening. I'd avoid it like the plague to be honest.

Atlantic car park would be my suggestion, and good luck in your course :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

Thanks one and all for the suggestions, Atlantic carpark seems ideal if i'm stuck will drive past there today to see if there's any clamping signs up.

Managed to squeeze the 2nd last spot in the student carpark today and the last one was taken straight after...on lunch now so it'll be interesting to see if there are any spaces left when i get back.

Seem to be a few spaces to spare in the staff car park so if i'm stuck i might sneak into one of them.

But at least now i know what my options are!
    Cheers ;-)

Advertisement