Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day 1 - Computing First Years.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Took 3 weeks to get them in first year cause the machine printing them broke lol Students in killybegs got theirs today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

GismoBaby wrote: »
    the cards were handed out at reception last year.

they gave one of the guys in my class the whole lot of the cards for our group and he just gave them to us... he must have been the first one up from our class!! doubt they'll be out wednesday tho think we were waiting about a week for them last year if i remember rightly!!

i went to reception last year and asked for mine. the dude at reception asked if i would take them all and give them out since no one had asked about them yet.

i said id take the forensics group, but he said take the entire computing department ones.....

was a great day... :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

picture.php?albumid=760&pictureid=7329

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

In case anyone is confused about groups all your names are in the computing board upstairs divided into the groups you are meant to be in.

In front door, straight up stairs and turn right.
    Keep walking and the bulletin board thingy is on the left with all the timetables for all years of computers.

Never bought any book in first year. You really do not have to, plenty stuff in library.

If you have Mister P.C for Discrete Maths ....well you won't be allowed calculators for the first semester :p:p:p:p

Actually a good thing though. Gets the ole brain working again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Actually a good thing though. Gets the ole brain working again :pac:

Glad the maths days are over :P

• Advertisement

I've got D.Maths next, a practical?
    Hmmmmm, sounds .........

......... interesting??? :confused:

/better go!

I actually liked the maths here! May have complained the odd time but had a good lecturer so was all good.

Now I have Cryptography type maths which...aint even maths as such....ARRGGHH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I actually liked the maths here! May have complained the odd time but had a good lecturer so was all good.

Now I have Cryptography type maths which...aint even maths as such....ARRGGHH.

i miss the cryptography maths.. you should see our maths :/

i miss the cryptography maths.. you should see our maths :/

Well we had him today and he says that it's going to be pretty much the same stuff we were doing last semester! Now to find my notes...... :o

Seeing all these first years talking about discrete maths and general computing....makes me wanna be a first year again :D One of the mates is repeating lucky fart :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

general computing....
    never again!!:eek:

• Advertisement

We had our first D.Maths class today, with P.C.
    It was a good, easy start to base 16, and base conversion. I think he's a fairly good teacher, and must say, I enjoyed the class! He's giving us our first test next Monday, but that's fine.

Also had our first General Computing class, with L.M.
    He seems alright, even if the subject sounds zzzzzzzzzz! :o
    He suggested getting a book, "Computer Science" by Glenn Brookshear.
    Checked it out in Easons, and it's €62! :eek:
    I don't think so!
    There's bound to be one in the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

mrmac wrote: »
    We had our first D.Maths class today, with P.C.
    It was a good, easy start to base 16, and base conversion. I think he's a fairly good teacher, and must say, I enjoyed the class! He's giving us our first test next Monday, but that's fine.

he is good especially in practical classes! real sound lecturer
    mrmac wrote: »
    Also had our first General Computing class, with L.M.
    He seems alright, even if the subject sounds zzzzzzzzzz! :o
    He suggested getting a book, "Computer Science" by Glenn Brookshear.
    Checked it out in Easons, and it's €62! :eek:
    I don't think so!
    There's bound to be one in the library.

ya its in the library but you wont need it you'll just need: lots of coffee before class... no laptops but if you want to bring one up the front with ya!!.... patience..... someone else in your class who knows what they are at!!

Advertisement